Easton, New Hampshire
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||54.9 years|
|New Hampshire median age:||43.9 years|
Zip codes: 03580.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $53,550 (it was $31,841 in 2000)
Easton town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $304,981 (it was $144,000 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $300,277; Detached houses: $329,173; Townhouses or other attached units: $269,970; In 2-unit structures: $296,434; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $268,715; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $279,961; Mobile homes: $83,928; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $36,697
Races in Easton, NH (2010)
- 24897.6%White alone
- 20.8%American Indian alone
- 20.8%Other race alone
- 10.4%Two or more races
|Moving to Manchester area 6/2019 (2 replies)|
|Moving to New Hampshire. (16 replies)|
|The Facts about NH Property Taxes (9 replies)|
|Looking for community, walkable town, water, great schools (15 replies)|
|State of public schools in New Hampshire (30 replies)|
|Towns in NH with same name as towns in mass (18 replies)|
Latest news from Easton, NH collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (30.5%), Irish (25.8%), German (15.2%), Italian (12.5%), French (12.1%), Scottish (7.8%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated in 1876
Elevation: 1167 feet
Land area: 31.2 square miles.
Population density: 8.1 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Easton:
- High school or higher: 93.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 48.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 15.7%
- Unemployed: 6.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 31.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Easton town:
- Never married: 17.3%
- Now married: 64.1%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 5.5%
- Divorced: 11.4%
7 residents are foreign born (2.0% Europe, 0.8% Asia).
According to our research of New Hampshire and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Easton, New Hampshire as of February 20, 2019.
The ratio of number of residents in Easton to the number of sex offenders is 254 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Easton town:||1.7% ($2,389)|
|New Hampshire:||2.3% ($2,946)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Manchester, NH (81.0 miles , pop. 107,006).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (130.1 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (250.5 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Landaff, NH (2.2 miles ), Sugar Hill, NH (2.5 miles ), Franconia, NH (2.6 miles ), Mountain Lakes, NH (2.8 miles ), Lisbon, NH (2.8 miles ), North Woodstock, NH (3.0 miles ), Lincoln, NH (3.0 miles ), Bath, NH (3.0 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 2 buildings, average cost: $91,700
- 1998: 2 buildings, average cost: $101,700
- 2000: 3 buildings, average cost: $118,000
- 2001: 6 buildings, average cost: $121,400
- 2002: 8 buildings, average cost: $130,700
- 2004: 6 buildings, average cost: $138,800
- 2005: 5 buildings, average cost: $138,800
- 2006: 6 buildings, average cost: $171,000
- 2010: 4 buildings, average cost: $165,900
- 2011: 2 buildings, average cost: $350,000
- 2012: 1 building, cost: $400,000
- 2013: 2 buildings, average cost: $275,000
- 2014: 2 buildings, average cost: $125,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 44.13 N, Longitude: 71.80 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 603
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (18%)
- Health care (15%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (12%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (12%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Finance and insurance (7%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Educational services (22%)
- Electronic shopping and mail-order houses (14%)
- Public administration (11%)
- Health care (9%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (9%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (8%)
- Social assistance (6%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (9%)
- Physicians and surgeons (9%)
- Fishing and hunting, and forest and logging workers (9%)
- Other health diagnosing and treating practitioners and technical occupations (7%)
- Supervisors of construction and extraction workers (7%)
- Top executives (6%)
- Sales representatives, services, wholesale and manufacturing (4%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (12%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (9%)
- Secondary school teachers (8%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (8%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (8%)
- Top executives (5%)
- Business operations specialists (5%)
Average climate in Easton, New Hampshire
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Easton-area historical tornado activity is significantly below New Hampshire state average. It is 80% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/11/1966, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 7.7 miles away from the Easton town center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 5/11/1973, a category F2 tornado 39.4 miles away from the town center .
Earthquake activity:Easton-area historical earthquake activity is near New Hampshire state average. It is 90% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 98.1 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 127.0 miles away from Easton center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 44.7 miles away from the city center
On 6/16/1995 at 12:13:11, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 12.3 miles away from the city center
On 8/21/1996 at 07:54:14, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, 3.6 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 22.5 miles away from Easton center
On 4/20/2002 at 11:04:42, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, 3.7 ML, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 96.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Grafton County (28) is a lot greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 19
Emergencies Declared: 9
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 13, Storms: 13, Hurricanes: 3, Snows: 3, Winter Storms: 3, Tropical Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Landslide: 1, Snowfall: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Bode Miller - Alpine skier.
Hospitals and medical centers near Easton:
- COTTAGE HOSPITAL Critical Access Hospitals (about 8 miles away; WOODSVILLE, NH)
- LAFAYETTE CENTER, GENESIS HEALTHCARE (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; FRANCONIA, NH)
- GLENCLIFF HOME FOR THE ELDERLY (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; GLENCLIFF, NH)
- NORTH COUNTRY HOME HEALTH AND HOSPICE AGENCY (Home Health Center, about 12 miles away; LITTLETON, NH)
- GRAFTON COUNTY NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; NORTH HAVERHILL, NH)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Easton:
- Plymouth State University (about 27 miles; Plymouth, NH; Full-time enrollment: 4,838)
- Dartmouth College (about 39 miles; Hanover, NH; FT enrollment: 6,030)
- Norwich University (about 43 miles; Northfield, VT; FT enrollment: 4,221)
- NHTI-Concord's Community College (about 65 miles; Concord, NH; FT enrollment: 2,865)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (about 69 miles; Standish, ME; FT enrollment: 2,010)
- Middlebury College (about 69 miles; Middlebury, VT; FT enrollment: 3,077)
- Saint Michael's College (about 73 miles; Colchester, VT; FT enrollment: 2,336)
Notable locations in Easton: Bungay Corner (A), Wildwood Forest Camp (B), Wildwood Campground and Picnic Area (C), Kinsman Cabin (D), Easton Volunteer Fire Department (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Kinsman Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lake: Mud Pond (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Reel Brook (A), Clay Brook (B), Bowen Brook (C), Black Brook (D), Slide Brook (E), Kendall Brook (F), Tunnel Brook (G), Underhill Brook (H), Judd Brook (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2000 was 71.7. This is about average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2000 was 26.1. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 5.3 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.1 people|
|New Hampshire:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 1.7% of all households
- Gay men: 2.5% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
|New Hampshire average:||10.9|
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Easton town (based on Grafton County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Grafton County:||3.87 / 10,000 pop.|
|New Hampshire:||2.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.23 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.15 / 10,000 pop.|
|Grafton County:||1.29 / 10,000 pop.|
|New Hampshire:||1.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|Grafton County:||6.45 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.02 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||14.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||9.70 / 10,000 pop.|
7.43% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($54,284 average adjusted gross income)
|New Hampshire average:||6.07%|
0.07% of residents moved from foreign countries ($5,320 average AGI)
Grafton County: 0.07% New Hampshire average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Windsor County, VT||0.60% ($56,827 average AGI)|
|from Sullivan County, NH||0.54% ($43,000)|
|from Merrimack County, NH||0.43% ($43,161)|
8.27% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($43,736 average adjusted gross income)
|New Hampshire average:||6.45%|
0.11% of residents moved to foreign countries ($436 average AGI)
Grafton County: 0.11% New Hampshire average: 0.06%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Easton:
- WTWN (1100 AM; daytime; 5 kW; WELLS RIVER, VT; Owner: PUFFER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WPNH (1300 AM; 5 kW; PLYMOUTH, NH; Owner: NORTHEAST COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WLTN (1400 AM; 1 kW; LITTLETON, NH; Owner: PROFILE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WDEV (550 AM; 5 kW; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WNTK (1020 AM; 10 kW; NEWPORT, NH; Owner: KOOR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTME (780 AM; 10 kW; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Easton:
- WPKQ (103.7 FM; NORTH CONWAY, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WHOM (94.9 FM; MT. WASHINGTON, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WVFM (105.7 FM; CAMPTON, NH; Owner: DEVON BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WLTN-FM (96.7 FM; LISBON, NH; Owner: PROFILE BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WMTK (106.3 FM; LITTLETON, NH; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WGMT (97.7 FM; LYNDON, VT; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WSCY (106.9 FM; MOULTONBOROUGH, NH; Owner: NORTHEAST COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WXXS (102.3 FM; LANCASTER, NH; Owner: BARRY P. LUNDERVILLE)
- WYKR-FM (101.3 FM; HAVERHILL, NH; Owner: PUFFER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WPNH-FM (100.1 FM; PLYMOUTH, NH; Owner: NORTHEAST COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WDOT (95.7 FM; DANVILLE, VT; Owner: MONTPELIER BROADCASTING INC)
- WCVT (101.7 FM; STOWE, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT CLASSICS, L.L.C.)
- WCKJ (90.5 FM; ST. JOHNSBURY, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WLKC (103.3 FM; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO BROADCASTING SERVICES, INC.)
- WVPS (107.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WEZF (92.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WKXH (105.5 FM; ST. JOHNSBURY, VT; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WEVH (91.3 FM; HANOVER, NH; Owner: NEW HAMPSHIRE PUBLIC RADIO INC)
- WDEV-FM (96.1 FM; WARREN, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WEBK (105.3 FM; KILLINGTON, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Easton:
- WLED-TV (Channel 49; LITTLETON, NH; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE)
- WMUR-LP (Channel 29; LITTLETON, NH; Owner: HEARST-ARGYLE PROPERTIES, INC.)
- W38CB (Channel 38; LITTLETON, NH; Owner: HEARST-ARGYLE PROPERTIES, INC.)
- WMTW-TV (Channel 8; POLAND SPRING, ME; Owner: WMTW BROADCAST GROUP, LLC)
Easton fatal accident list:
Aug 24, 2005 01:20 PM, Sr-112, Tunnel Brook Rd, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 15Number of bridges
- 10m33ftTotal length
- $47,130,000Total costs
- 7,810Total average daily traffic
- 573Total average daily truck traffic
- 11,559Total future (year 2035) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FAA Registered Aircraft:1
- Aircraft: AVIA STROITEL AC-4C (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: None
N-Number: 5190C , Serial Number: 059, Year manufactured: 2002, Airworthiness Date: 06/06/2005
Registrant (Individual): Herbert Weiss, 224 Kinsman Ridge Rd, Easton, NH 03580
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 2
- Hazardous Condition: 1
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (66%)
- Wood (18%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (11%)
- Coal or coke (3%)
- Other fuel (3%)
Easton compared to New Hampshire state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2019.