|Median resident age:||42.6 years|
|Oregon median age:||36.3 years|
Zip code: 97343
Eddyville CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $200,885 (it was $124,600 in 2000)
- White alone - 878 (94.2%)
- Hispanic - 22 (2.4%)
- Two or more races - 14 (1.5%)
- American Indian alone - 10 (1.1%)
- Asian alone - 4 (0.4%)
- Black alone - 2 (0.2%)
- Other race alone - 2 (0.2%)
Current Local Time: PST time zone
Elevation: 92 feet
Land area: 245.7 square miles.
Population density: 3.9 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Eddyville:
- High school or higher: 83.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 19.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.9%
- Unemployed: 6.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 32.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Eddyville CCD:
- Never married: 24.8%
- Now married: 60.5%
- Separated: 0.6%
- Widowed: 5.4%
- Divorced: 9.3%
According to our research of Oregon and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Eddyville, Oregon as of March 31, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Eddyville to the number of sex offenders is 965 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Eddyville CCD:||0.7% ($852)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Salem, OR (40.9 miles , pop. 136,924).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Northwest Clackamas, OR (77.0 miles , pop. 224,220).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (780.9 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Summit, OR (2.7 miles) , Blodgett, OR (3.1 miles) , Toledo, OR (3.3 miles ), Siletz, OR (3.6 miles ), Southwest Benton, OR (3.9 miles ), Kings Valley, OR (4.0 miles) , Alsea, OR (4.0 miles) , Agate Beach, OR (4.1 miles ).
Latitude: 44.60 N, Longitude: 123.72 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 541
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (32%)
- Construction (10%)
- Truck transportation (9%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Computer and electronic products (6%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Food (4%)
- Accommodation and food services (16%)
- Health care (14%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (11%)
- Religious, grantmaking, civic, professional, and similar organizations (10%)
- Used merchandise, gift, novelty, and souvenir, and other miscellaneous stores (9%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Fishing and hunting, and forest and logging workers (23%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (9%)
- Counselors, social workers, and other community and social service specialists (7%)
- Farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (4%)
- Operations specialties managers except financial managers (4%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (11%)
- Sales representatives, services, wholesale and manufacturing (9%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (6%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (6%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (6%)
- Waiters and waitresses (5%)
Average climate in Eddyville, Oregon
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Eddyville-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Oregon state average. It is 190% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 1/31/1922 at 13:17:28, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 285.4 miles away from the city center
On 4/13/1949 at 19:55:42, a magnitude 7.0 (7.0 UK) earthquake occurred 192.4 miles away from Eddyville center, causing $80,000,000 total damage
On 8/17/1991 at 22:17:14, a magnitude 7.1 (6.2 MB, 7.1 MS, 7.1 MW, 6.8 ML, Depth: 8.4 mi) earthquake occurred 218.6 miles away from the city center
On 11/8/1980 at 10:27:34, a magnitude 7.2 (6.2 MB, 7.2 MS, 7.2 MW, 7.0 ML) earthquake occurred 243.2 miles away from the city center
On 7/13/1991 at 02:50:14, a magnitude 6.9 (6.2 MB, 6.9 MS, 6.8 MW, 6.7 ML, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 195.0 miles away from Eddyville center
On 6/15/2005 at 02:50:54, a magnitude 7.2 (6.1 MB, 7.1 MS, 7.2 MW, 7.1 MW, Depth: 9.9 mi) earthquake occurred 261.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Lincoln County (12) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 8, Storms: 6, Landslides: 3, Mudslides: 3, Winter Storms: 3, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snow: 1, Tsunami Wave: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Eddyville:
- Oregon State University (about 23 miles; Corvallis, OR; Full-time enrollment: 23,206)
- Western Oregon University (about 30 miles; Monmouth, OR; FT enrollment: 5,131)
- Linn-Benton Community College (about 30 miles; Albany, OR; FT enrollment: 4,511)
- Willamette University (about 41 miles; Salem, OR; FT enrollment: 2,551)
- Chemeketa Community College (about 45 miles; Salem, OR; FT enrollment: 10,746)
- University of Oregon (about 50 miles; Eugene, OR; FT enrollment: 23,329)
- Lane Community College (about 54 miles; Eugene, OR; FT enrollment: 6,373)
Public high school in Eddyville:
- Eddyville Charter School (Students: 231; Location: Eddyville School Rd; Grades: K-12)
Notable locations in Eddyville: Klickitat Shelter (A), Big Elk Campground (B), Big Elk Guard Station (C), Salado (D), Sharp Ranch (E), Oregon State Fish Hatchery (F), Sams Creek Boat Launch (G), Tenmile Shelter (H), Twin Bridges Park Boat Ramp (I), Baber Lookout (J), Bohannon Ranch (K), Toledo Fire and Rescue Department Station 43 (L). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Eddyville include: Chapel of the Valley (A), Bahais of Lincoln County (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Elk City Cemetery (1), Nortons Cemetery (2), Leslie Cemetery (3), Mulkey Cemetery (4), Eddy Cemetery (5), Eddyville Cemetery (6), Harlan Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Klickitat Lake (A), Trembley Lake (B), Bradish Lake (C), Ayers Lake (D), Buttermilk Lake (E), Derrick Lake (F), Moser Pond (G), W O W Log Pond (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Young Creek (A), Klickitat Creek (B), Johnson Creek (C), Dixon Creek (D), Stiltner Creek (E), Chittam Creek (F), Grant Creek (G), Gopher Creek (H), Feagles Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Eddyville: Ellmaker State Wayside (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2002 was 37.7. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2002 was 7.66. This is about average. Closest monitor was 22.2 miles away from the city center.
|This place:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.8% of all households
- Gay men: 0.8% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Eddyville compared to Oregon state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Wood (50%)
- Electricity (31%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (8%)
- Other fuel (8%)
- Utility gas (2%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (2%)
Religion statistics for Eddyville CCD (based on Lincoln County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 22.52%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||LDS (Mormon) Church||Southern Baptist Convention||Church of the Nazarene||Presbyterian Church (USA)|
|Name||Assemblies of God||International Church of the Foursquare Gospel||Lutheran Church||Episcopal Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Lincoln County:||4.59 / 10,000 pop.|
|Oregon:||2.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.44 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.33 / 10,000 pop.|
|Lincoln County:||2.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|Oregon:||2.01 / 10,000 pop.|
|Lincoln County:||2.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||24.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||9.93 / 10,000 pop.|
7.59% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($38,017 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Multnomah County, OR||0.49% ($25,134 average AGI)|
|from Marion County, OR||0.36% ($36,770)|
|from Lane County, OR||0.35% ($29,542)|
7.80% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,623 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Eddyville:
- KNPT (1310 AM; 5 kW; NEWPORT, OR; Owner: YAOUINA BAY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KPNW (1120 AM; 50 kW; EUGENE, OR; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KDUN (1030 AM; 50 kW; REEDSPORT, OR; Owner: PAMPLIN BROADCASTING-OREGON, INC.)
- KOAC (550 AM; 5 kW; CORVALLIS, OR; Owner: OREGON PUBLIC BROADCASTING)
- KPOJ (620 AM; 50 kW; PORTLAND, OR; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KZTU (660 AM; 10 kW; JUNCTION CITY, OR; Owner: PAMPLIN BROADCASTING-OREGON, INC.)
- KXL (750 AM; 50 kW; PORTLAND, OR; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- KEX (1190 AM; 50 kW; PORTLAND, OR; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KPAM (860 AM; 50 kW; TROUTDALE, OR; Owner: PAMPLIN BROADCASTING-OREGON, INC.)
- KPPT (1230 AM; 1 kW; TOLEDO, OR; Owner: AGPAL BROADCASTING INC)
- KWIP (880 AM; 5 kW; DALLAS, OR; Owner: JUPITER COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- KOTK (1080 AM; 50 kW; PORTLAND, OR; Owner: FISHER BROADCASTING - PORTLAND RADIO, L.L.C.)
- KKSN (1520 AM; 50 kW; OREGON CITY, OR; Owner: ENTERCOM PORTLAND LICENSE, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Eddyville:
- KDUK-FM (104.7 FM; FLORENCE, OR; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KFLY (101.5 FM; CORVALLIS, OR; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KSND (95.1 FM; LINCOLN CITY, OR; Owner: RADIO BEAM, LLC)
- K207BO (89.3 FM; NEWPORT, OR; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KHPE (107.9 FM; ALBANY, OR; Owner: INTEGRITY MEDIA, INC.)
- K264AA (100.7 FM; CORVALLIS, ETC., OR; Owner: THE KBOO FOUNDATION)
- KLOO-FM (106.3 FM; CORVALLIS, OR; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KYTE (102.7 FM; NEWPORT, OR; Owner: YAQUINA BAY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- K276BU (103.1 FM; CORVALLIS, OR; Owner: OREGON PUBLIC BROADCASTING)
- K243AL (96.5 FM; CORVALLIS, OR; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KRKT-FM (99.9 FM; ALBANY, OR; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KCRF-FM (96.7 FM; LINCOLN CITY, OR; Owner: PACIFIC WEST BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KLCO (90.5 FM; NEWPORT, OR; Owner: LANE COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- KSHL (97.5 FM; GLENEDEN BEACH, OR; Owner: STEPHANIE LINN)
- KNCU (92.7 FM; NEWPORT, OR; Owner: PACIFIC WEST BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KPPT-FM (100.7 FM; TOLEDO, OR; Owner: AGPAL BROADCASTING INC.)
- K228DT (93.5 FM; HAPPY HOLLOW, OR; Owner: OREGON PUBLIC BROADCASTING)
- K207BX (89.3 FM; EUGENE, OR; Owner: PENSACOLA CHRISTIAN COLLEGE, INC.)
- K203BT (88.5 FM; EUGENE, OR; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K214CI (90.7 FM; EUGENE, OR; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
TV broadcast stations around Eddyville:
- KOAC-TV (Channel 7; CORVALLIS, OR; Owner: OREGON PUBLIC BROADCASTING)
Eddyville fatal accident list:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:2
- Call Sign: KC7ZGH, Licensee ID: L00209559
Grant Date: 07/26/2007, Expiration Date: 09/24/2017
Registrant: James T Edwards, 7735 Nashville Rd, Eddyville, OR 97343
- Call Sign: N7LCZ, Previous Call Sign: KB7DVS
Grant Date: 05/31/1988, Expiration Date: 05/31/1998, Cancellation Date: 06/01/2000
Registrant: James M Denison, 9602 Harlan Rd, Eddyville, OR 97343
FAA Registered Aircraft:1
- Aircraft: SCHEMPP-HIRTH DISCUS A (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: None
N-Number: 98SF , Serial Number: 499, Year manufactured: 1994, Airworthiness Date: 03/24/1994
Registrant (Individual): Stanley E Foat, 7314 Nashville Road, Eddyville, OR 97343
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 2
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2015.