Edgefield, South Carolina
Submit your own pictures of this town and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||42.5 years|
|South Carolina median age:||39.0 years|
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $14,321 (it was $8,125 in 2000)
Edgefield town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $93,048 (it was $66,700 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $128,839; Detached houses: $136,176; Mobile homes: $11,893
Median gross rent in 2015: $553.
Races in Edgefield, SC (2015)
- 2,35448.6%Black alone
- 1,73635.9%White alone
- 691.4%Two or more races
- 340.7%Asian alone
- 290.6%American Indian alone
- 130.3%Other race alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Small businesses are especially popular in Florida Mar 28
- Early delinquencies are more likely for higher income borrowers Mar 26
- Selecting an airline for a trip Mar 24
- People with mortgaged homes are the least risky borrowers Mar 22
- Food services is among the worst-performing sectors in the Midwest Mar 20
|Edgefield County Growth (2 replies)|
|Edgefield County manufacturer expanding production, adding jobs (1 reply)|
|Columbia - general (2284 replies)|
|North Augusta, South Carolina: Aiken and Edgefield Joint Mulitcounty Industrial and Business Park (1 reply)|
|2040 SC Metro Projections (214 replies)|
|Warning AVOID the Deluxe Inn on Edgefield in Aiken! (8 replies)|
Latest news from Edgefield, SC collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (12.6%), Irish (3.8%), African (3.8%), German (3.7%), English (3.2%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 520 feet
Land area: 4.07 square miles.
Population density: 1,160 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Edgefield:
- High school or higher: 76.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.2%
- Unemployed: 9.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 21.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Edgefield town:
- Never married: 36.9%
- Now married: 31.7%
- Separated: 6.2%
- Widowed: 8.6%
- Divorced: 16.6%
480 residents are foreign born (8.9% Latin America).
According to our research of South Carolina and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Edgefield, South Carolina as of March 29, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Edgefield to the number of sex offenders is 4,690 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is a lot smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $559 (0.7%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $404 (0.4%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Augusta, GA (23.2 miles , pop. 138,000).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Charlotte, NC (116.5 miles , pop. 540,828).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (570.0 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Trenton, SC (2.4 miles ), Johnston, SC (2.8 miles ), Pleasant Lane, SC (3.3 miles ), Ward, SC (3.5 miles) , Stevens Creek, SC (3.6 miles ), Murphys Estates, SC (3.6 miles ), Ridge Spring, SC (4.0 miles ), Clarks Hill, SC (4.0 miles ).
Latitude: 33.79 N, Longitude: 81.93 W
Area code: 803
|Crime rates in Edgefield by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 280.1)||253.9||189.6||135.6||135.5||217.9||215.1||176.0||80.8||106.3||223.4||98.5||101.1||136.5|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Edgefield detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.70|
|South Carolina average:||2.19|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +1,594 (+55.8%).
- Manufacturing (38%)
- Wholesale trade (12%)
- Retail trade (11%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (28%)
- Educational services (12%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (10%)
- Other services, except public administration (7%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Production occupations (29%)
- Material moving occupations (17%)
- Transportation occupations (9%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (7%)
- Management occupations (7%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (7%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (18%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (9%)
- Sales and related occupations (9%)
- Personal care and service occupations (9%)
- Management occupations (8%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (7%)
- Healthcare support occupations (7%)
Average climate in Edgefield, South Carolina
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Edgefield-area historical tornado activity is near South Carolina state average. It is 15% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 12/13/1973, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 27.7 miles away from the Edgefield town center killed 2 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 5/7/1998, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 5.9 miles away from the town center caused $300,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Edgefield-area historical earthquake activity is near South Carolina state average. It is 84% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 32.7 miles away from the city center
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB) earthquake occurred 119.9 miles away from Edgefield center
On 8/21/1992 at 16:31:55, a magnitude 4.4 (4.1 MB, 4.1 LG, 4.4 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 116.4 miles away from the city center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 217.4 miles away from the city center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML) earthquake occurred 180.9 miles away from Edgefield center
On 11/11/2002 at 23:39:29, a magnitude 4.4 (4.0 MB, 4.4 LG, Depth: 1.5 mi) earthquake occurred 149.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Edgefield County (9) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 4
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Winter Storms: 3, Floods: 2, Hurricanes: 2, Storms: 2, Drought: 1, Ice Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Louis Wigfall - Confederate Army general and politician, Strom Thurmond - Governor of South Carolina, Andrew Butler - Senator, Essie Mae Washington-Williams - School teacher and writer, William Stewart Simkins - Confederate Army soldier, Clyde H. Hamilton - Federal judge, Ira Hillary - Football player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Edgefield:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Edgefield:
- University of South Carolina-Aiken (about 18 miles; Aiken, SC; Full-time enrollment: 2,815)
- Aiken Technical College (about 19 miles; Graniteville, SC; FT enrollment: 2,107)
- Georgia Regents University (about 23 miles; Augusta, GA; FT enrollment: 6,862)
- Augusta Technical College (about 27 miles; Augusta, GA; FT enrollment: 3,494)
- Piedmont Technical College (about 32 miles; Greenwood, SC; FT enrollment: 4,831)
- Lander University (about 32 miles; Greenwood, SC; FT enrollment: 2,870)
- Midlands Technical College (about 48 miles; West Columbia, SC; FT enrollment: 8,916)
Public elementary/middle school in Edgefield:
- W. E. PARKER ELEMENTARY (Students: 519, Location: 41 CREST ROAD, Grades: PK-5)
Notable location: Edgefield Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Edgefield include: Rose Hill Church (A), Saint Marys Church (B), Macedonia Church (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Frazier Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Reservoir: Slade Lake (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Park in Edgefield: Edgefield Historic District (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attractions: S C National Heritage Corridor Discovery Center (Museums; 405 Main Street), Edgefield County Historical Society (108 Courthouse Square).
Hotel: Edgefield Inn LLC (702 Augusta Road).
Courts: Edgefield County Government - Clerk of Court (129 Courthouse Square), Edgefield County Government - Family Court (129 Courthouse Square).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 53.2. This is significantly better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 22.7. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 5.4 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 8.62. This is about average. Closest monitor was 5.4 miles away from the city center.
Lead (Pb) [µg/m3] level in 2008 was 0.00377. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 5.4 miles away from the city center.
(13.1% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 32.0% for Black residents)
|This town:||2.2 people|
|South Carolina:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.5% of all households
People in group quarters in Edgefield in 2010:
- 2,092 people in federal prisons
- 117 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 84 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
People in group quarters in Edgefield in 2000:
- 1,764 people in federal prisons and detention centers
- 90 people in nursing homes
- 26 people in wards in general hospitals for patients who have no usual home elsewhere
- 25 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 22 people in homes for the mentally retarded
Banks with branches in Edgefield (2011 data):
- Wells Fargo Bank, National Association: Edgefield Main at 111 Courthouse Square, branch established on 1933/03/31; Edgefield Drive-Up Branch at Main And Jones Streets, branch established on 1974/12/10. Info updated 2011/04/05: Bank assets: $1,161,490.0 mil, Deposits: $905,653.0 mil, headquarters in Sioux Falls, SD, positive income, 6395 total offices, Holding Company: Wells Fargo & Company
- Regions Bank: Edgefield Branch at 201 Columbia Road, branch established on 1951/12/17. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $123,368.2 mil, Deposits: $98,301.3 mil, headquarters in Birmingham, AL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1778 total offices, Holding Company: Regions Financial Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
|South Carolina average:||11.6|
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Edgefield town (based on Edgefield County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Edgefield County:||1.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|South Carolina:||1.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|Edgefield County:||0.79 / 10,000 pop.|
|South Carolina:||0.85 / 10,000 pop.|
|Edgefield County:||4.73 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.75 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Edgefield, SC Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||6||$1,224|
|Judicial and Legal||0||$0||1||$408|
|Police Protection - Officers||9||$26,089||$34,785||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||7||$15,385||$26,374||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||18||$47,100||$31,400||37||$4,489|
Edgefield government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Housing & Community Development: $438,000 ($92.84)
Police Protection: $308,000 ($65.28)
Solid Waste Management: $220,000 ($46.63)
Central Staff Services: $120,000 ($25.43)
Fire Protection: $59,000 ($12.51)
Parks & Recreation: $49,000 ($10.39)
Judicial and Legal Services: $21,000 ($4.45)
- Other Capital Outlay - Fire Protection: $55,000 ($11.66)
Central Staff: $12,000 ($2.54)
Solid Waste Management: $5,000 ($1.06)
Parks & Recreation: $1,000 ($0.21)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $460,000 ($97.50)
Edgefield government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - All Other: $53,000 ($11.23)
Solid Waste Management: $7,000 ($1.48)
Parks & Recreation: $4,000 ($0.85)
- Federal Intergovernmental - Housing & Community Development: $438,000 ($92.84)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $96,000 ($20.35)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $28,000 ($5.93)
General Revenue, NEC: $3,000 ($0.64)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $231,000 ($48.96)
- Tax - Property: $170,000 ($36.03)
NEC: $167,000 ($35.40)
Other Selective Sales: $31,000 ($6.57)
Public Utilities: $26,000 ($5.51)
Edgefield government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $2,252,000 ($477.32)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $0 ($0.00)
5.67% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($37,526 average adjusted gross income)
|South Carolina average:||6.90%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Aiken County, SC||2.11% ($34,360 average AGI)|
|from Richmond County, GA||0.55% ($33,956)|
|from Saluda County, SC||0.29% ($20,958)|
6.85% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,073 average adjusted gross income)
|South Carolina average:||6.53%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Edgefield:
- WBAJ (890 AM; daytime; 50 kW; BLYTHEWOOD, SC; Owner: FAMILY FIRST)
- WRDW (1480 AM; 10 kW; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WCHZ LICENSE, LLC)
- WGAC (580 AM; 5 kW; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WGAC LICENSE, LLC)
- WTEL (1630 AM; 10 kW; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WCHZ LICENSE, LLC)
- WCEO (840 AM; daytime; 50 kW; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: EASTERN BROADCASTING GROUP, INC.)
- WLFJ (660 AM; daytime; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WFAM (1050 AM; 5 kW; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: J.J. & B. BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTHB (1550 AM; 5 kW; AUGUSTA, GA)
- WBCU (1460 AM; 50 kW; UNION, SC)
- WPCH (1380 AM; 4 kW; NORTH AUGUSTA, SC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WCSZ (1070 AM; 50 kW; SANS SOUCI, SC; Owner: WHYZ RADIO, L.P.)
- WBLR (1430 AM; 5 kW; BATESBURG, SC; Owner: BARINOWSKI INVESTMENT COMPANY)
- WLGO (1170 AM; daytime; 10 kW; LEXINGTON, SC; Owner: LEVAS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Edgefield:
- WKSX-FM (92.7 FM; JOHNSTON, SC; Owner: EDGEFIELD-SALUDA RADIO COMPANY, INC.)
- WBBQ-FM (104.3 FM; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WKXC-FM (99.5 FM; AIKEN, SC; Owner: WGAC LICENSE, LLC)
- WAFJ (88.3 FM; BELVEDERE, SC; Owner: RADIO TRAINING NETWORK, INC.)
- WKSP (96.3 FM; AIKEN, SC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WLPE (91.7 FM; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: AUGUSTA RADIO FELLOWSHIP INSTITUTE, INC.)
- WZNY (105.7 FM; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WEKL (102.3 FM; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WAKB (96.9 FM; WRENS, GA; Owner: RADIO ONE OF AUGUSTA, LLC)
- WPRW-FM (107.7 FM; MARTINEZ, GA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSLT (98.3 FM; CLEARWATER, SC; Owner: WGAC LICENSE, LLC)
- WJES-FM (92.1 FM; SALUDA, SC; Owner: BRECKENRIDGE COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WGOR (93.9 FM; MARTINEZ, GA; Owner: WGOR LICENSE, LLC)
- WZMJ (93.1 FM; BATESBURG, SC; Owner: URBAN RADIO OF SOUTH CAROLINA, LLC)
- WFXA-FM (103.1 FM; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: RADIO ONE OF AUGUSTA, LLC)
- WAEG (92.3 FM; EVANS, GA; Owner: RADIO ONE OF AUGUSTA, LLC)
- WACG-FM (90.7 FM; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WAJY (102.7 FM; NEW ELLENTON, SC; Owner: WGAC LICENSE, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Edgefield:
- W56EE (Channel 56; JOHNSTON, SC; Owner: DOVE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WJBF (Channel 6; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL BROADCASTING OF SO. CAROLINA HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WAGT (Channel 26; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WAGT TELEVISION, INC.)
- WRDW-TV (Channel 12; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WRDW LICENSEE CORP.)
- WFXG (Channel 54; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: FISHER BROADCASTING - GEORGIA, L.L.C.)
- WBPI-LP (Channel 49; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WATCHMAN BROADCASTING PRODUCTIONS INTERNATIONAL, INC.)
- W58CZ (Channel 58; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WCES-TV (Channel 20; WRENS, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WAAU-LP (Channel 18; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: THOMAS J. PIPER)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
Edgefield fatal accident list:
Mar 28, 2001 07:00 AM, Sr-10, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
Jan 6, 2000 07:45 PM, Sr-430, Vehicles: 3, Persons: 4, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
Oct 17, 1996 01:30 AM, 25, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
Jan 16, 1994 11:30 PM, 45, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 4, Fatalities: 1
Sep 2, 1988 09:30 PM, 25, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1
Aug 13, 1977 10:28 AM, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 11Number of bridges
- 23m75ftTotal length
- $254,000Total costs
- 24,267Total average daily traffic
- 1,732Total average daily truck traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Edgefield)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:83 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Edgefield, SC)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:3
- EDGEFIELD, 1128 Jeter St. (Edgefield - Sc Rsa #2) (Lat: 33.791917 Lon: -81.951417), Type: Tower, Structure height: 109.7 m, Overall height: 114.3 m, Call Sign: WMS346
Assigned Frequencies: 6004.50 MHzGrant Date: 02/01/2011, Expiration Date: 02/01/2021, Cancellation Date: 08/05/2015, Certifier: Michael P GogginRegistrant: At&t Mobility LLC, 1120 20th Street, Nw - Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20036, Phone: (202) 457-2055, Fax: (202) 457-3073, Email:
- LOG CREEK, Pleasant Lane Rd. (Lat: 33.875083 Lon: -81.995750), Type: Tower, Structure height: 91.4 m, Overall height: 94.4 m, Call Sign: WQPW538
Assigned Frequencies: 11245.0 MHzGrant Date: 08/30/2012, Expiration Date: 08/30/2022, Certifier: Chris HarrisRegistrant: Conterra Ultra Broadband, LLC, 2101 Rexford Rd, Ste 200e, Charlotte, NC 28211, Phone: (704) 936-1801, Fax: (704) 936-1801, Email:
- LIMESTONE, 2344 Hwy 25n (Lat: 33.932028 Lon: -82.044472), Type: Tower, Structure height: 109.7 m, Overall height: 116.4 m, Call Sign: WQPW539
Assigned Frequencies: 10755.0 MHzGrant Date: 08/30/2012, Expiration Date: 08/30/2022, Certifier: Chris HarrisRegistrant: Conterra Ultra Broadband, LLC, 2101 Rexford Rd, Ste 200e, Charlotte, NC 28211, Phone: (704) 936-1801, Fax: (704) 936-1801, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:19 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Edgefield)
FAA Registered Aircraft:2
- Aircraft: HERLIHY MICHAEL F RANS S-12 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: ROTAX 582 (65 HP) (2 Cycle)
N-Number: 5168M , Serial Number: 0692241, Year manufactured: 1993, Airworthiness Date: 04/08/1993
Registrant (Individual): Reported Sale, 146 Meeting Street Rd, Edgefield, SC 29824
- Aircraft: ROBERTSON WILLIAM SCOTT BENSEN B8M (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: Reciprocating
N-Number: 983WR , Serial Number: W8271R
Registrant (Individual): William S Robertson, 527 Red Hill Rd, Edgefield, SC 29824
Drinking water stations with addresses in Edgefield that have no violations reported:
- EDGEFIELD CO W&SA (1920001) (Population served: 22,680, Primary Water Source Type: Surface water)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 7
|Most common first names in Edgefield, SC among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Edgefield, SC among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (63%)
- Utility gas (35%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (2%)
|Businesses in Edgefield, SC|
Edgefield compared to South Carolina state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Edgefield on our top lists:
- #10 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in federal prisons and detention centers (population 1,000+)"
- #69 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in wards in general hospitals for patients who have no usual home elsewhere (population 1,000+)"
Total of 8 patent applications in 2008-2017.