We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||54.8 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54817.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $25,458 (it was $18,907 in 2000)
Edgewater town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $165,664 (it was $97,300 in 2000)
Races in Edgewater, WI (2010)
- 49695.6%White alone
- 91.7%Two or more races
- 61.2%American Indian alone
- 10.2%Asian alone
|Why is there so much resistance against the Edgewater Project? (13 replies)|
|I-39/90 expansion (27 replies)|
|Moving to Milwaukee - Overwhelmed - Please help! (11 replies)|
|Best area of Madison to stay while on vacation.... (3 replies)|
|Madison IS Conservative-Really! (21 replies)|
|Recommendations for resorts in Door County (9 replies)|
Latest news from Edgewater, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (53.6%), Irish (13.7%), Czech (10.1%), English (8.0%), Polish (7.5%), Norwegian (6.7%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 1260 feet
Land area: 47.2 square miles.
Population density: 11 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Edgewater:
- High school or higher: 83.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 18.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.4%
- Unemployed: 4.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 26.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Edgewater town:
- Never married: 18.1%
- Now married: 66.0%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 5.5%
- Divorced: 10.3%
3 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Edgewater town:||1.5% ($1,508)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Eau Claire, WI (61.8 miles , pop. 61,704).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Paul, MN (94.4 miles , pop. 287,151).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (328.3 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Birchwood, WI (2.1 miles ), Meteor, WI (2.7 miles) , Cedar Lake, WI (2.8 miles ), Sand Lake, WI (3.1 miles ), Long Lake, WI (3.3 miles ), Couderay, WI (3.3 miles) , Madge, WI (3.4 miles ), Stone Lake, WI (3.4 miles ).
Latitude: 45.71 N, Longitude: 91.50 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (19%)
- Wood products (9%)
- Truck transportation (9%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (7%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (5%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (4%)
- Educational services (26%)
- Accommodation and food services (12%)
- Wood products (12%)
- Health care (7%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (5%)
- Gasoline stations (5%)
- Food and beverage stores (4%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (12%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (9%)
- Carpenters (6%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Fishing and hunting, and forest and logging workers (5%)
- Engineers (4%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (16%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (11%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (6%)
- Registered nurses (5%)
- Waiters and waitresses (4%)
- Food and beverage serving workers except waiters/waitresses (4%)
Average climate in Edgewater, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Edgewater-area historical tornado activity is below Wisconsin state average. It is 28% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/4/1958, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 46.3 miles away from the Edgewater town center killed 21 people and injured 74 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 7/30/1977, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 33.1 miles away from the town center injured 20 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Edgewater-area historical earthquake activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 96% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 219.6 miles away from the city center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 231.8 miles away from Edgewater center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 321.2 miles away from the city center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 400.6 miles away from the city center
On 10/20/1995 at 15:57:18, a magnitude 3.7 (3.7 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 259.1 miles away from Edgewater center
On 2/9/1994 at 08:45:35, a magnitude 3.1 (3.1 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 177.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Sawyer County (6) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 3, Storms: 3, Tornadoes: 2, Winds: 2, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Edgewater:
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (about 21 miles; Shell Lake, WI; Full-time enrollment: 2,414)
- University of Wisconsin-Stout (about 61 miles; Menomonie, WI; FT enrollment: 8,120)
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (about 63 miles; Eau Claire, WI; FT enrollment: 10,143)
- Chippewa Valley Technical College (about 64 miles; Eau Claire, WI; FT enrollment: 4,038)
- University of Wisconsin-Superior (about 76 miles; Superior, WI; FT enrollment: 2,302)
- Lake Superior College (about 81 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 3,768)
- University of Wisconsin-River Falls (about 81 miles; River Falls, WI; FT enrollment: 5,868)
Notable location: Edgewater Town Hall (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Church in Edgewater: Wayside Chapel (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes: Pickerel Lake (A), Bennett Lake (B), Thomas Lake (C), Buff Lake (D), Lake Chetac (E), County Line Lake (F), Wise Lake (G), Garbutt Lake (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creeks: Benson Creek (A), Thirty-three Creek (B), Knuteson Creek (C), Squaw Creek (D), Fortyone Creek (E), Malviney Creek (F), Yarnell Creek (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Edgewater: Benson Creek State Wildlife Management Area (1). Display/hide its location on the map
|This town:||2.1 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 2.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.4% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Edgewater compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (65%)
- Wood (26%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (5%)
- Electricity (3%)
- Utility gas (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Edgewater town (based on Sawyer County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Sawyer County:||2.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.59 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Sawyer County:||1.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||0.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Sawyer County:||9.96 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||27.54 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
5.25% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($41,661 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Washburn County, WI||0.29% ($28,150 average AGI)|
|from St. Croix County, WI||0.23% ($37,063)|
|from Eau Claire County, WI||0.22% ($27,400)|
4.80% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($29,433 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Edgewater:
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WAQE (1090 AM; daytime; 5 kW; RICE LAKE, WI; Owner: TKC, INC.)
- WHSM (910 AM; 5 kW; HAYWARD, WI; Owner: QB BROADCASTING, LTD.)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- KSTP (1500 AM; 50 kW; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: KSTP-AM, LLC (DELAWARE))
- KTIS (900 AM; 25 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- KFAN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WMEQ (880 AM; 10 kW; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WDSM (710 AM; 10 kW; SUPERIOR, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WJMC (1240 AM; 1 kW; RICE LAKE, WI; Owner: TKC, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Edgewater:
- WOJB (88.9 FM; RESERVE, WI; Owner: LAC COURTE OREILLES OJIBWA PUBLIC)
- WKFX (97.7 FM; RICE LAKE, WI; Owner: TKC, INC.)
- WJMC-FM (96.1 FM; RICE LAKE, WI; Owner: TKC, INC.)
- WAQE-FM (97.7 FM; BARRON, WI; Owner: TKC, INC.)
- WGMO (95.3 FM; SHELL LAKE, WI; Owner: ZOE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WHSM-FM (101.1 FM; HAYWARD, WI; Owner: QB BROADCASTING, LTD.)
- WWIB (103.7 FM; HALLIE, WI; Owner: STEWARDS OF SOUND, INC.)
- WRLS-FM (92.3 FM; HAYWARD, WI; Owner: VACATIONLAND BROADCASTER, INC.)
- WJBL (93.1 FM; LADYSMITH, WI; Owner: FLAMBEAU BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Edgewater:
- W57AS (Channel 57; SPOONER, WI; Owner: HUBBARD BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K31GH (Channel 31; HAYWARD, WI; Owner: KQDS ACQUISITION CORP.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 6Number of bridges
- 7m23ftTotal length
- $179,000Total costs
- 5,120Total average daily traffic
- 43Total average daily truck traffic
- 5,640Total future (year 2029) average daily traffic