|Median resident age:||45.3 years|
|Kentucky median age:||41.0 years|
Zip codes: 42129.
Edmonton city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $79,124 (it was $55,800 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $454.
- White alone - 1,528 (95.8%)
- Black alone - 28 (1.8%)
- Hispanic - 21 (1.3%)
- Two or more races - 11 (0.7%)
- American Indian alone - 4 (0.3%)
- Asian alone - 3 (0.2%)
|Good real estate agents (8 replies)|
|California family considering moving to rural Kentucky (62 replies)|
|Possible relocation to Glasgow... (0 replies)|
|I-66 project "shelved until further notice" (35 replies)|
|Coming to Louisville in oct..Things to Do? (4 replies)|
|I-66 Bridge (23 replies)|
Latest news from Edmonton, KY collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (20.3%), United States (19.0%), German (18.6%), Irish (11.8%), French (6.4%), Polish (1.2%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 02/22/1860
Elevation: 843 feet
Land area: 2.84 square miles.
Population density: 556 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Edmonton:
- High school or higher: 63.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 7.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.7%
- Unemployed: 6.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 17.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Edmonton city:
- Never married: 21.7%
- Now married: 34.1%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 15.6%
- Divorced: 26.8%
10 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Kentucky and other state lists there were 14 registered sex offenders living in Edmonton, Kentucky as of April 18, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Edmonton to the number of sex offenders is 113 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $568 (0.8%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $394 (0.5%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Nashville-Davidson, TN (85.3 miles , pop. 545,524).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (353.7 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Summer Shade, KY (2.5 miles ), Center, KY (3.0 miles ), Temple Hill, KY (3.4 miles ), Gradyville, KY (3.4 miles ), Marrowbone, KY (3.5 miles ), Hiseville, KY (3.7 miles ), Mount Herman, KY (3.8 miles ), Donansburg, KY (3.9 miles ).
Latitude: 36.98 N, Longitude: 85.62 W
Area code: 270
|Crime rates in Edmonton by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 289.5)||7.2||17.5||65.8||14.1||52.0||34.7||24.0||28.5||19.6|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Edmonton detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||3.76|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (47%)
- Other services, except public administration (11%)
- Construction (6%)
- Retail trade (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (6%)
- Information (5%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Manufacturing (26%)
- Health care and social assistance (16%)
- Retail trade (14%)
- Educational services (12%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Other services, except public administration (4%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (7%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (4%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (14%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (7%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Textile, apparel, and furnishings workers (6%)
- Cashiers (5%)
- Health technologists and technicians (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
Average climate in Edmonton, Kentucky
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Edmonton-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Kentucky state average. It is 49% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/27/1971, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 15.0 miles away from the Edmonton city center killed 6 people and injured 58 people.
On 4/3/1974, a category F4 tornado 18.5 miles away from the city center injured 56 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Edmonton-area historical earthquake activity is near Kentucky state average. It is 76% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 160.4 miles away from the city center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK) earthquake occurred 125.0 miles away from Edmonton center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 137.5 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 177.4 miles away from the city center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 123.3 miles away from Edmonton center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 172.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Metcalfe County (12) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 7, Storms: 7, Tornadoes: 3, Winter Storms: 3, Blizzard: 1, Freeze: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snow: 1, Snowfall: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers in Edmonton:
Other hospitals and medical centers near Edmonton:
- GLENVIEW HEALTH CARE FACILITY (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; GLASGOW, KY)
- FMC - GLASGOW KIDNEY CENTER (Dialysis Facility, about 16 miles away; GLASGOW, KY)
- T. J. SAMSON COMM HOSP HOME CARE PROGRAM (Home Health Center, about 16 miles away; GLASGOW, KY)
- T J SAMSON COMMUNITY HOSPITAL Acute Care Hospitals (about 16 miles away; GLASGOW, KY)
- GLASGOW STATE NURSING FACILITY (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; GLASGOW, KY)
- NHC HEALTHCARE, GLASGOW (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; GLASGOW, KY)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Edmonton:
- Lindsey Wilson College (about 20 miles; Columbia, KY; Full-time enrollment: 2,552)
- Campbellsville University (about 30 miles; Campbellsville, KY; FT enrollment: 2,948)
- Western Kentucky University (about 47 miles; Bowling Green, KY; FT enrollment: 16,942)
- Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College (about 48 miles; Bowling Green, KY; FT enrollment: 2,794)
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College (about 52 miles; Elizabethtown, KY; FT enrollment: 3,762)
- Somerset Community College (about 56 miles; Somerset, KY; FT enrollment: 4,698)
- Tennessee Technological University (about 57 miles; Cookeville, TN; FT enrollment: 9,761)
Public high school in Edmonton:
- Metcalfe County High School (Students: 481; Location: 208 Randolph St; Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Edmonton:
Notable locations in Edmonton: Edmonton Volunteer Fire and Rescue (A), Metcalfe County Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Edmonton: Beech Grove Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Reservoir: Dunham Lake (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Beard Branch (A), Douglas Creek (B), Skaggs Branch (C), Duggar Branch (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotel: Cave Hill Motel (408 West Stockton Street).
Drinking water stations with addresses in Edmonton that have no violations reported:
- EDMONTON WATER WORKS (Population served: 8,515, Primary Water Source Type: Purch surface water)
(27.6% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 78.3% for Black residents, 0.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 0.0% for other race residents, 97.3% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.1 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
People in group quarters in Edmonton in 2010:
- 93 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 23 people in group homes intended for adults
- 5 people in emergency and transitional shelters (with sleeping facilities) for people experiencing homelessness
22 people in homes for the mentally retarded in 2000
Edmonton compared to Kentucky state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Banks with branches in Edmonton (2011 data):
- Edmonton State Bank: Us Highway West Branch at U.S. Highway 68-80 West, branch established on 1981/12/14; Edmonton Branch at 118 Main Street, branch established on 1997/05/16. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $433.8 mil, Deposits: $359.4 mil, headquarters in Glasgow, KY, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 13 total offices, Holding Company: Edmonton Bancshares, Inc.
- South Central Bank, Inc.: Edmonton Branch at 704 W. Stockton, branch established on 1997/07/15. Info updated 2010/08/31: Bank assets: $276.3 mil, Deposits: $236.5 mil, headquarters in Glasgow, KY, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 7 total offices, Holding Company: South Central Bancshares Of Kentucky, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (50%)
- Utility gas (42%)
- Wood (6%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
- No fuel used (0%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Edmonton city (based on Metcalfe County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 50.88%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||Churches of Christ||Old Missionary Baptists Associations||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Metcalfe County:||1.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||2.19 / 10,000 pop.|
|Metcalfe County:||1.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||0.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|Metcalfe County:||6.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||3.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||2||$3,450||$20,700||6||$452|
|Police Protection - Officers||6||$24,149||$48,298||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||1||$2,232||$26,784||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||4||$8,228||$24,684||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||0||$0||1||$434|
|Totals for Government||28||$76,543||$32,804||7||$886|
Edmonton government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Gas Utilities: $911,000 ($575.85)
Water Utilities: $724,000 ($457.65)
Police Protection: $345,000 ($218.08)
Central Staff Services: $294,000 ($185.84)
Sewerage: $120,000 ($75.85)
Regular Highways: $45,000 ($28.45)
Fire Protection: $33,000 ($20.86)
Financial Administration: $18,000 ($11.38)
Housing & Community Development: $1,000 ($0.63)
- Gas Utilities - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
- General - Interest on Debt: $41,000 ($25.92)
- Other Capital Outlay - Gas Utilities: $221,000 ($139.70)
Central Staff: $140,000 ($88.50)
Water Utilities: $105,000 ($66.37)
General - Other: $21,000 ($13.27)
Sewerage: $5,000 ($3.16)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $594,000 ($375.47)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $107,000 ($67.64)
Edmonton government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $139,000 ($87.86)
All Other: $1,000 ($0.63)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $21,000 ($13.27)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $18,000 ($11.38)
General Revenue, NEC: $15,000 ($9.48)
- Revenue - Gas Utilities: $1,009,000 ($637.80)
Water Utilities: $826,000 ($522.12)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $24,000 ($15.17)
All Other: $24,000 ($15.17)
- Tax - Individual Income: $600,000 ($379.27)
NEC: $202,000 ($127.69)
Property: $63,000 ($39.82)
Public Utilities: $15,000 ($9.48)
Edmonton government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $1,984,000 ($1254.11)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $682,000 ($431.10)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $1,955,000 ($1235.78)
Other, NEC: $620,000 ($391.91)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $62,000 ($39.19)
Water Utilities: $29,000 ($18.33)
Edmonton government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $1,262,000 ($797.72)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $246,000 ($155.50)
5.04% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($24,559 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
6.64% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($24,386 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Edmonton:
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WAMB (1160 AM; 50 kW; DONELSON, TN; Owner: GREAT SOUTHERN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WKDA (1200 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: RADIO NASHVILLE, INC.)
- WLAC (1510 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WNQM (1300 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WNQM. INC.)
- WTKY (1370 AM; daytime; 2 kW; TOMPKINSVILLE, KY; Owner: WHITTIMORE ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- WKVL (850 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: HORNE RADIO, LLC)
- WWAM (820 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JASPER, TN; Owner: SHELTON BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
- WCLU (1490 AM; 1 kW; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: ROYSE RADIO, INC.)
- WKCT (930 AM; 5 kW; BOWLING GREEN, KY; Owner: DAILY NEWS BROADCASTING CO.)
- WFLI (1070 AM; 50 kW; LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN, TN; Owner: WFLI, INC.)
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Edmonton:
- WKNK (99.1 FM; EDMONTON, KY; Owner: HART COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WOVO (105.3 FM; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: NEWBERRY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTKY-FM (92.1 FM; TOMPKINSVILLE, KY; Owner: WHITTIMORE ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- WSGP (88.3 FM; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: SOMERSET EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- WGGC (95.1 FM; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: HERITAGE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WGBV (94.1 FM; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: FOREVER COMMUNICATIONS,INC.)
- WHHT (106.7 FM; HORSE CAVE, KY; Owner: NEWBERRY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WKWY (102.7 FM; TOMPKINSVILLE, KY; Owner: J.K. WHITTIMORE)
- WPTQ (103.7 FM; CAVE CITY, KY; Owner: NEWBERRY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCLU-FM (102.3 FM; MUNFORDVILLE, KY; Owner: ROYSE RADIO, INC)
- WGRK-FM (103.1 FM; GREENSBURG, KY; Owner: GREEN COUNTY CBC, INC.)
- WDCL-FM (89.7 FM; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY)
- WKYR-FM (107.9 FM; BURKESVILLE, KY; Owner: RAY MULLINIX)
- WCKQ (104.1 FM; CAMPBELLSVILLE, KY; Owner: CBC OF MARION & TAYLOR COUNTIES INC)
TV broadcast stations around Edmonton:
- WBKI-TV (Channel 34; CAMPBELLSVILLE, KY; Owner: LOUISVILLE COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WPBM-LP (Channel 48; SCOTTSVILLE, KY; Owner: PROCLAIM BROADCASTING, INC.)
- Fatal accident count: 9
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 14
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 4
- Fatalities: 10
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 30
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 0
- Fatal accident count: 87
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 135
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 26
- Fatalities: 95
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 228
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 9
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:4 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Edmonton)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:30 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:1
- 1300 Hubbard Cemetary Rd (Lat: 37.025889 Lon: -85.553861), Type: Tower, Structure height: 86 m, Call Sign: WPMN724
Assigned Frequencies: 152.480 MHz
Grant Date: 09/03/2008, Expiration Date: 10/13/2018, Certifier: Gerald Pryor
Registrant: L A O 708310, 1270 Fairfield Road, Suite #13, Gettysburg, PA 17325, Fax: (717) 337-9157
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:4
- Int Of Ky 496 & 533 .5 Mi E (Lat: 36.973944 Lon: -85.596639), Call Sign: KIJ747
Assigned Frequencies: 47.1400 MHz, 47.2600 MHz
Grant Date: 12/03/2003, Expiration Date: 02/21/2014
Registrant: Div. Of Equipment-Radio Section, 1239 Wilkinson Blvd., Frankfort, KY 40622, Phone: (502) 564-3820, Fax: (502) 564-3825, Email:
- Edmonton Toll Plaza (Lat: 36.990611 Lon: -85.666361), Call Sign: KXA429
Assigned Frequencies: 47.1400 MHz, 47.2600 MHz
Grant Date: 04/17/2004, Expiration Date: 05/25/2014, Cancellation Date: 01/08/2010
Registrant: Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, 1239 Wilkinson Blvd., Frankfort, KY 40622, Phone: (502) 564-3820, Fax: (502) 564-3825, Email:
- Metcalfe County Courthouse (Lat: 36.977833 Lon: -85.611083), Call Sign: KWV762
Assigned Frequencies: 39.5000 MHz, 155.370 MHz
Grant Date: 05/20/2004, Expiration Date: 04/19/2014
Registrant: Washington Radio Reports, 1588 Fairfield Rd Ste 7, Gettysburg, PA 17325, Phone: (717) 334-0668, Fax: (717) 334-6440
- CO BPS, Us Hwy 68--Oscar Gilpin Rd (Lat: 37.006000 Lon: -85.752139), Type: Bant, Structure height: 3.1 m, Overall height: 6.1 m, Call Sign: WPYB606
Assigned Frequencies: 153.725 MHz
Grant Date: 07/15/2003, Expiration Date: 07/15/2013, Certifier: Harold Stilts
Registrant: Atlas License Company & Data Services, 7202 N. Shadeland Ave Ste 215, Indianapolis, IN 46250, Phone: (317) 813-4865, Fax: (317) 813-4870, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:15 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Edmonton)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 7
- Good Intent Call: 1
|Most common first names in Edmonton, KY among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Edmonton, KY among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Edmonton, KY|
|H&R Block||1||Rite Aid||1|
Edmonton on our top lists:
- #31 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest city-data.com crime index increase from 2005 to 2006"
- #32 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Physicians and surgeons"
- #41 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in homes for the mentally retarded"
- #71 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Personal and laundry services"
- #16 (42129) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of United States or American first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"
- #27 (42129) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of taxpayers using paid preparers for 2004 taxes (pop 5,000+)"