Labette County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level between 2 and 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Moderate Potential
Air pollution and air quality trends
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 18.1. This is significantly better than average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2010 was 3.76. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 13.6 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µ/m3] level in 2009 was 19.2. This is about average. Closest monitor was 14.1 miles away from the city center.
(lower is better)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Edna and their reported violations in the past:
EDNA, CITY OF (Population served: 422, Purch_surface_water):
Past monitoring violations:
- CCR Complete Failure to Report - Between OCT-19-1999 and JAN-13-2000, Consumer Confidence Rule. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (JAN-13-2000)
- Initial Tap Sampling for Pb and Cu - Between JAN-01-1994 and NOV-07-1994, Contaminant: Lead & Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (NOV-07-1994)
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2009: 7.7%
(5.8% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 28.6% for American Indian residents, 42.9% for two or more races residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This city: || 2.4 people|
|Kansas: || 2.4 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This city: || 66.7%|
|Whole state: || 66.2%|
No gay or lesbian households reported
|This city: || 2.6%|
|Whole state: || 4.1%|
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Edna, KS
Edna compared to Kansas state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Back to the top
Banks with branches in Edna (2011 data):
- Community National Bank & Trust: Edna Branch at 100 Delaware, branch established on 1985/06/13. Info updated 2011/01/06: Bank assets: $766.3 mil, Deposits: $636.2 mil, headquarters in Chanute, KS, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 25 total offices, Holding Company: Community Bancorp, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%)
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (86%)
- Electricity (7%)
- Wood (6%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
2004 Presidential Election results in Labette County Kansas:
Religion statistics for Edna (based on Labette County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 51.90%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||United Methodist Church||American Baptist Churches in the USA||Southern Baptist Convention||Catholic Church||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ|
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||International Church of the Foursquare Gospel||Church of the Nazarene||Assemblies of God||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|Labette County:||2.73 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.96 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|Labette County:||7.73 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kansas:||3.84 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|This county:||6.82 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.33 / 10,000 pop.|Adult diabetes rate:
|Kansas:||8.1%|Adult obesity rate:
|State:||27.9%|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Judicial and Legal
|Totals for Government
Edna government finances in 2002:
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $32,000 ($72.56)
Sewerage: $31,000 ($70.29)
All Other: $5,000 ($11.34)
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $86,000 ($195.01)
Financial Administration: $68,000 ($154.20)
Regular Highways: $46,000 ($104.31)
Solid Waste Management: $31,000 ($70.29)
Sewerage: $28,000 ($63.49)
Police Protection: $21,000 ($47.62)
General - Other: $19,000 ($43.08)
Fire Protection: $12,000 ($27.21)
Parks & Recreation: $3,000 ($6.80)
Libraries: $2,000 ($4.54)
- General - Interest on Debt: $10,000 ($22.68)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $4,000 ($9.07)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $106,000 ($240.36)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $165,000 ($374.15)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Water Utilities: $99,000 ($224.49)
Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $62,000 ($140.59)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $93,000 ($210.88)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $10,000 ($22.68)
Water Utilities: $7,000 ($15.87)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $12,000 ($27.21)
Interest Earnings: $10,000 ($22.68)
Special Assessments: $1,000 ($2.27)
- Other Capital Outlay - Fire Protection: $18,000 ($40.82)
Libraries: $8,000 ($18.14)
General - Other: $6,000 ($13.61)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $164,000 ($371.88)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $114,000 ($258.50)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $13,000 ($29.48)
General Support: $7,000 ($15.87)
- Tax - Property: $81,000 ($183.67)
Total General Sales: $61,000 ($138.32)
Public Utilities: $10,000 ($22.68)
NEC: $2,000 ($4.54)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $174,000 ($394.56)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $5,000 ($11.34)
5.73% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($28,486 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
5.79% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($29,234 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Edna:
- KGGF (690 AM; 10 kW; COFFEYVILLE, KS; Owner: KGGF-KUSN, INC.)
- KFAQ (1170 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KRMG (740 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KKOW (860 AM; 10 kW; PITTSBURG, KS; Owner: AMERICAN MEDIA INVESTMENTS)
- KTBZ (1430 AM; 25 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KMUS (1380 AM; 20 kW; MUSKOGEE, OK; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WMBH (1560 AM; 10 kW; JOPLIN, MO)
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KBTN (1420 AM; 10 kW; NEOSHO, MO; Owner: PETRACOM OF JOPLIN, L.L.C.)
- KOCR (1310 AM; 5 kW; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: OZARK CHRISTIAN COLLEGE)
- KKLL (1100 AM; daytime; 5 kW; WEBB CITY, MO; Owner: NEW LIFE EVANGELISTIC CENTER, INC.)
- KOMA (1520 AM; 50 kW; OKLAHOMA CITY, OK; Owner: RENDA BROADCASTING CORP. OF NEVADA)
- KFAY (1030 AM; 10 kW; FARMINGTON, AR; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Edna:
- KGND (107.5 FM; KETCHUM, OK; Owner: NORTHEAST OKLAHOMA BROADCAST NETWORK)
- KQLL-FM (106.1 FM; OWASSO, OK; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KUSN (98.1 FM; DEARING, KS; Owner: KGGF-KUSN, INC.)
- KRPS (89.9 FM; PITTSBURG, KS; Owner: PITTSBURG STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KKOW-FM (96.9 FM; PITTSBURG, KS; Owner: AMERICAN MEDIA INVESTMENTS, INC.)
- KKRK (98.9 FM; COFFEYVILLE, KS; Owner: KGGF-KUSN, INC.)
- KGGF-FM (104.1 FM; FREDONIA, KS; Owner: KGGF-KUSN, INC.)
- KARF (91.9 FM; INDEPENDENCE, KS; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- KLKC-FM (93.5 FM; PARSONS, KS; Owner: COMMUNITY BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Edna:
- K54GC (Channel 54; INDEPENDENCE, KS; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- KOAM-TV (Channel 7; PITTSBURG, KS; Owner: SAGA QUAD STATES COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- KDOR (Channel 17; BARTLESVILLE, OK; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:
1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Edna
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:
12 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:
- EDNA, 307 S Deleware St (Lat: 37.052500 Lon: -95.355833), Type: Tower, Structure height: 91.4 m, Overall height: 99.1 m, Call Sign: WPXR632, Licensee ID: L00127162
Assigned Frequencies: 6805.00 MHz
Grant Date: 05/28/2003, Expiration Date: 05/28/2013, Certifier: John E Rooney
Registrant: Kansas #15 Limited Partnership
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
- Call Sign: WA0PCJ
Grant Date: 01/31/1989, Expiration Date: 01/31/1999, Cancellation Date: 02/01/2001
Registrant: Evelyn R Olson, Edna, KS 67342
- Call Sign: WB0QNG, Licensee ID: L00591494
Grant Date: 09/23/2005, Expiration Date: 10/12/2015, Certifier: Earl L Stegmeir
Registrant: Earl L Stegmeir, 8073 Elk Rd, Edna, KS 67342
- Call Sign: WB0WPP, Licensee ID: L00245115
Grant Date: 05/26/2009, Expiration Date: 08/04/2018, Certifier: Carol A Stegmeir
Registrant: Carol A Stegmeir, Rt 2 Box 26, Edna, KS 67342-8915
- Call Sign: KC0TTU, Licensee ID: L00975039
Grant Date: 02/07/2005, Expiration Date: 02/07/2015, Certifier: Kyle C Woolfolk
Registrant: Kyle C Woolfolk, 1203 4000 Road, Edna, KS 67342
- Call Sign: KD0FBM, Licensee ID: L01427304
Grant Date: 08/28/2008, Expiration Date: 08/28/2018, Certifier: Michael R Hill
Registrant: Michael R Hill, Edna, KS 67342
FAA Registered Aircraft:
- Aircraft: MAULE M-6-235 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: Reciprocating
N-Number: 5665T , Serial Number: 7474C
Registrant (Individual): James L Maritt, 627 7000 Rd, Edna, KS 67342
- Aircraft: STARDUSTER TOO SA300 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR O-470 SERIES (230 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 714ST , Serial Number: 869, Year manufactured: 1972, Airworthiness Date: 06/09/1980
Registrant (Individual): Jim L Maritt, 627 7000 Rd, Edna, KS 67342
- Aircraft: ESTENSON EDWIN J RV-4 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 90EE , Serial Number: 2152, Year manufactured: 1992, Airworthiness Date: 06/23/2000
Registrant (Individual): Reported Sale, 627 7000 Rd, Edna, KS 67342
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
See full 2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System statistics for Edna, KS
|Most common first names in Edna, KS among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Edna, KS among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
- #24 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Office supplies and stationery stores"
- #29 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Sales and office occupations:"
- #63 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Electronic shopping and mail-order houses"
- #79 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Architecture and engineering occupations:"
- #95 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Fishing and hunting, and forest and logging workers"