|Median resident age:||38.9 years|
|Illinois median age:||39.6 years|
Effingham city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $99,248 (it was $81,700 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $537.
- White alone - 11,687 (94.7%)
- Hispanic - 305 (2.5%)
- Two or more races - 132 (1.1%)
- Black alone - 73 (0.6%)
- American Indian alone - 17 (0.1%)
- Other race alone - 15 (0.1%)
- Asian alone - 4 (0.03%)
|Effingham, IL Executive rental home needed soon!! (1 reply)|
|Why are SO many Illinois folk attracted to Arizona? (251 replies)|
|Favorite Downstate Illinois City (89 replies)|
|What city does Chicago consider its biggest sports rival? (31 replies)|
|Might be moving to the Effingham Area (5 replies)|
|Retiring next year & Marion, IL is high on my list to move to (28 replies)|
Latest news from Effingham, IL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (40.7%), Irish (12.9%), English (9.3%), United States (8.3%), Italian (2.5%), Scotch-Irish (2.3%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 04/03/1873
Elevation: 592 feet
Land area: 8.67 square miles.
Population density: 1,449 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Effingham:
- High school or higher: 89.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 22.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.4%
- Unemployed: 5.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 13.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Effingham city:
- Never married: 25.5%
- Now married: 47.6%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 11.3%
- Divorced: 14.6%
209 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Illinois and other state lists there were 18 registered sex offenders living in Effingham, Illinois as of May 29, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Effingham to the number of sex offenders is 697 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $2,149 (1.8%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $1,501 (1.4%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Decatur, IL (54.8 miles , pop. 81,860).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Louis, MO (97.5 miles , pop. 348,189).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (193.6 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Teutopolis, IL (1.9 miles ), Watson, IL (2.6 miles ), Shumway, IL (2.7 miles ), Sigel, IL (2.8 miles ), Montrose, IL (3.1 miles ), Dieterich, IL (3.1 miles ), Stewardson, IL (3.3 miles ), Altamont, IL (3.4 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 66 buildings, average cost: $158,900
- 1998: 50 buildings, average cost: $121,800
- 1999: 51 buildings, average cost: $112,200
- 2000: 28 buildings, average cost: $164,000
- 2001: 31 buildings, average cost: $152,700
- 2002: 25 buildings, average cost: $135,900
- 2003: 41 buildings, average cost: $169,100
- 2004: 56 buildings, average cost: $150,300
- 2005: 55 buildings, average cost: $156,200
- 2006: 50 buildings, average cost: $156,200
- 2007: 24 buildings, average cost: $254,700
- 2008: 44 buildings, average cost: $258,700
- 2009: 22 buildings, average cost: $204,500
- 2010: 8 buildings, average cost: $214,700
- 2011: 20 buildings, average cost: $244,600
- 2012: 11 buildings, average cost: $268,500
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 39.12 N, Longitude: 88.55 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +9,369 (+75.9%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 4,474 (76.3%)
Area code: 217
|Crime rates in Effingham by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 301.1)||321.2||330.9||356.1||355.5||300.9||302.4||365.9||284.7||281.1||282.8||202.5||261.4||198.5|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Effingham detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.78|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +232 (+1.9%).
- Manufacturing (24%)
- Retail trade (15%)
- Accommodation and food services (10%)
- Construction (8%)
- Transportation and warehousing (7%)
- Other services, except public administration (6%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Health care and social assistance (26%)
- Retail trade (15%)
- Accommodation and food services (14%)
- Educational services (10%)
- Wholesale trade (5%)
- Manufacturing (4%)
- Information (4%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (8%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (7%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Printing workers (5%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (5%)
- Sales representatives, services, wholesale and manufacturing (4%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (4%)
- Waiters and waitresses (4%)
- Registered nurses (4%)
- Cashiers (4%)
Average climate in Effingham, Illinois
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Effingham-area historical tornado activity is near Illinois state average. It is 63% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/2/1990, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 19.0 miles away from the Effingham city center injured 6 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 3/6/1961, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 1.7 miles away from the city center injured 3 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Effingham-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Illinois state average. It is 76% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 58.4 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 41.2 miles away from Effingham center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 88.7 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 58.4 miles away from the city center
On 4/3/1974 at 23:05:02, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG) earthquake occurred 43.9 miles away from Effingham center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 145.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Effingham County (4) is a lot smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 2, Storms: 2, Hurricane: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Tornado: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Brian Shouse - 2005 Major League Baseball player (Texas Rangers, born: Sep 26, 1968), Jimmy Kite - Craftsman Truck series NASCAR driver (born: Feb 18, 1976), Jon Phillips - Businessperson.
Hospitals and medical centers in Effingham:
- EFFINGHAM TERRACE (1101 SOUTH THIRD STREET)
- OAKVIEW (2311 VETERANS DRIVE)
- ST ANTHONYS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (Voluntary non-profit - Church, 503 N MAPLE STREET)
- WETHERELL PLACE (1026 NORTH MERCHANT STREET)
- EFFINGHAM DIALYSIS (904 MEDICAL PARK DRIVE, SUITE 1)
- EFFINGHAM COUNTY HEALTH DEPT (901 WEST VIRGINIA)
- ST ANTHONYS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (606 KENTUCKY STREET)
- EFFINGHAM REHAB AND HEALTH CARE CTR (1610 NORTH LAKEWOOD)
- EVERGREEN NURSING AND REHAB CENTER (1115 NORTH WENTHE)
- LAKELAND REHAB AND HEALTHCARE CENTER (800 WEST TEMPLE STREET)
Airports and heliports located in Effingham:
- Effingham County Memorial Airport (Runways: 2, Air Taxi Ops: 4,900, Itinerant Ops: 12,000, Local Ops: 8,000, Military Ops: 100)
- Arch - Effingham Heliport
- St Anthony Memorial Hospital Heliport
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Effingham:
- Lake Land College (about 24 miles; Mattoon, IL; Full-time enrollment: 7,499)
- Eastern Illinois University (about 32 miles; Charleston, IL; FT enrollment: 9,414)
- Kaskaskia College (about 52 miles; Centralia, IL; FT enrollment: 3,867)
- Millikin University (about 55 miles; Decatur, IL; FT enrollment: 2,419)
- Richland Community College (about 56 miles; Decatur, IL; FT enrollment: 2,434)
- Vincennes University (about 63 miles; Vincennes, IN; FT enrollment: 9,876)
- Wabash Valley College (about 64 miles; Mount Carmel, IL; FT enrollment: 2,142)
Public high schools in Effingham:
Private high school in Effingham:
Public elementary/middle schools in Effingham:
- Effingham Junior High School (Location: 600 S Henrietta St; Grades: 6-8)
- Central Grade School (Location: 10421 N US Hwy 45; Grades: 3-5)
- Early Learning Center School (Location: 3224 S Banker; Grades: PK-K)
- South Side Grade School (Location: 211 W Douglas Ave; Grades: 1-2)
- West Side Grade School (Location: 900 W Edgar Ave; Grades: 1-2)
- Green Creek Grade School (Location: 20117 N 1525TH ST; Grades: 3-6)
- East Side Pre- School (Location: 205 N 1st St; Grades: PK)
- Tristar Academy Safe Program School (Location: 1901 S 4TH STE 213; Grades: 6-8)
- Aspire Alternative High School (Location: 1901 S 4TH STE 213)
Private elementary/middle schools in Effingham:
Notable locations in Effingham: Helen Matthes Library (A), Effingham County Jail (B), Effingham County Courthouse (C), Effingham City Hall (D), Effingham Veterinary Clinic (E), Effingham Fire Department Station 1 (F), Effingham Fire Department Station 3 (G), Healthone Paramedics (H), Effingham City - County Ambulance Service (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Effingham include: Church of the Nazarene (A), First Baptist Church (B), First Christian Church (C), First Presbyterian Church (D), Free Methodist Church (E), Saint Anthonys Roman Catholic Church (F), Saint Johns Lutheran Church (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Saint John Lutheran Cemetery (1), Saint Anthony Catholic Cemetery (2), Effingham City Cemetery (3), Rinehart Cemetery (4). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoirs: Cips Lake (A), Lake Pauline (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Effingham: Bliss Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attraction: Re/Max Crossroads Realty Inc: Lake Property (Recreation Areas; 611 W Fayette Avenue).
Hotels: Effingham Motel (702 East Fayette Avenue), Econo Lodge (1205 North Keller Drive), Comfort Suites Effingham (1310 West Fayette Road), Holiday Inn Express Effingham (1103 Avenue Of Mid America), Comfort Inn (1304 West Evergreen Avenue), Effingham-Days Inn (W. Fayette Road Box 1168), Hampton Inn Effingham (1509 Hampton Drive), Econo Lodge Effingham (1600 West Fayette Avenue), Hilton Garden Inn (1301 Avenue Of Mid Americ).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 88.0. This is about average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 35.1. This is about average. Closest monitor was 3.7 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Effingham and their reported violations in the past:EFFINGHAM (Population served: 12,900, Surface water):
Past monitoring violations:LAKE GIBSON DENTAL CENTER (Serves FL, Population served: 90, Groundwater):
- Monitoring, Repeat Major (TCR) - In NOV-2006, Contaminant: Coliform (TCR). Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (DEC-14-2006), St Violation/Reminder Notice (DEC-14-2006), St Compliance achieved (JUN-01-2007), St Public Notif received (JAN-08-2008)
Past monitoring violations:JEHOVAHS WITNESSES (Population served: 35, Groundwater):
- Failure to Conduct Assessment Monitoring - Between APR-2012 and JUN-2012, Contaminant: E. COLI. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (AUG-14-2012)
- One routine major monitoring violation
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - Between JUL-2008 and SEP-2008, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (SEP-30-2008), St Boil Water Order (SEP-30-2008), St Compliance achieved (OCT-27-2008)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - Between APR-2007 and JUN-2007, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Boil Water Order (JUN-18-2007), St Public Notif requested (JUN-18-2007), St Compliance achieved (AUG-10-2007)
- Monitoring, Repeat Major (TCR) - Between JAN-2009 and DEC-2009, Contaminant: Coliform (TCR). Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (JUN-23-2009)
- One minor monitoring violation
- One regular monitoring violation
(11.9% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 85.7% for Black residents, 16.8% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 13.0% for American Indian residents, 0.0% for other race residents, 25.6% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
People in group quarters in Effingham in 2010:
- 240 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 66 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 52 people in group homes intended for adults
- 2 people in other noninstitutional facilities
People in group quarters in Effingham in 2000:
- 242 people in nursing homes
- 60 people in homes for the mentally retarded
- 30 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 22 people in homes for the mentally ill
- 6 people in religious group quarters
- 5 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
Effingham compared to Illinois state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Banks with branches in Effingham (2011 data):
- The First National Bank of Dieterich: National Trail Banking Center Branch, Effingham Branch, Lake Sara Branch. Info updated 2012/01/20: Bank assets: $376.2 mil, Deposits: $325.4 mil, headquarters in Dieterich, IL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 8 total offices, Holding Company: Prime Banc Corp.
- Midland States Bank: at 133 West Jefferson Street, Merchant Street Facility, Effingham Branch. Info updated 2010/10/19: Bank assets: $1,510.0 mil, Deposits: $1,222.1 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 32 total offices, Holding Company: Midland States Bancorp, Inc.
- Washington Savings Bank: Keller Drive Branch at 1300 North Keller Drive, branch established on 1893/01/01; at 200 South Banker Street, branch established on 1883/01/01. Info updated 2010/07/07: Bank assets: $247.2 mil, Deposits: $212.1 mil, local headquarters, positive income, 2 total offices
- Crossroads Bank: at 2000 South Banker Street, branch established on 1974/03/12; Keller Drive Facility at 806 North Keller Drive, branch established on 1987/11/24. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $132.6 mil, Deposits: $113.0 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Omni Bancorp, Inc.
- National Bank: Effingham Branch at 501 North Keller Drive, branch established on 2008/05/05. Info updated 2011/05/11: Bank assets: $310.4 mil, Deposits: $281.3 mil, headquarters in Hillsboro, IL, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 12 total offices, Holding Company: Country Bancorp, Inc.
- Fifth Third Bank: Effingham Branch at 200 North Third, branch established on 1890/02/15. Info updated 2009/10/05: Bank assets: $114,540.4 mil, Deposits: $89,689.1 mil, headquarters in Cincinnati, OH, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1378 total offices, Holding Company: Fifth Third Bancorp
- FIRST MID-ILLINOIS BANK & TRUST, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION: Effingham Facility at 902 North Keller Drive, branch established on 1988/02/01. Info updated 2010/09/16: Bank assets: $1,492.8 mil, Deposits: $1,192.9 mil, headquarters in Mattoon, IL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 37 total offices, Holding Company: First Mid-Illinois Bancshares, Inc.
- Prairie National Bank: Effingham Branch at 210 East Fayette Avenue, branch established on 2001/04/16. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $54.5 mil, Deposits: $47.9 mil, headquarters in Stewardson, IL, positive income, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Prairie Financial Bancorp, Inc.
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Effingham, Illinois:
- Lexington Inn & Suites Effingham, 1103 Ave Of Mid America, Effingham, IL 62401 , Phone: (217) 540-1111, Fax: (217) 347-7341
- Americas Best Value Inn, 1606 W Fayette Ave, Effingham, IL 62401 , Phone: (217) 342-4667, Fax: (217) 342-4645
- Quality Inn, 1600 W Fayette Ave, Effingham, IL 62401 , Phone: (217) 342-4161, Fax: (217) 342-4161
- Best Inns Of America Effingham, 1209 N Keller Dr, Effingham, IL 62401 , Phone: (217) 347-5141, Fax: (217) 347-5141
- Roadeway Inn, 1412 W Fayette Ave, Effingham, IL 62401 , Phone: (217) 342-9271, Fax: (217) 342-5850
- Super 8 Motel Effingham, 1400 Thelma Keller Dr, Effingham, IL 62401 , Phone: (217) 342-6888, Fax: (217) 347-2863
- Effingham Motel, 702 E Fayette, Effingham, IL 62401 , Phone: (217) 342-3991
- Comfort Inn, 1304 W Evergreen Dr, Effingham, IL 62401 , Phone: (217) 347-5050, Fax: (217) 347-5084
- 11 other hotels and motels
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (62%)
- Electricity (35%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
- Wood (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Effingham city (based on Effingham County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 73.47%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||Lutheran Church||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ|
|Name||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Assemblies of God||Church of the Nazarene||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Effingham County:||2.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.29 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|Effingham County:||5.85 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.90 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2013)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||5||$4,667|
|Police Protection - Officers||22||$118,879||$64,843||4||$2,449|
|Police - Other||13||$45,653||$42,141||11||$7,914|
|Fire - Other||1||$3,334||$40,008||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||5||$22,479||$53,950||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||14||$61,593||$52,794||3||$2,484|
|Totals for Government||100||$473,276||$56,793||45||$25,464|
Effingham government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Regular Highways: $4,169,000 ($331.98)
Police Protection: $1,992,000 ($158.62)
Financial Administration: $1,984,000 ($157.99)
Fire Protection: $1,763,000 ($140.39)
General - Other: $1,577,000 ($125.58)
Water Utilities: $1,483,000 ($118.09)
Housing & Community Development: $1,181,000 ($94.04)
Sewerage: $1,040,000 ($82.82)
Parks & Recreation: $788,000 ($62.75)
Welfare - Other: $11,000 ($0.88)
- Employee Retirement - Securities - Corporate Bonds (market): $5,001,000 ($398.23)
Total Cash & Deposits: $914,000 ($72.78)
Benefit Payments: $371,000 ($29.54)
Withdrawals: $42,000 ($3.34)
- General - Interest on Debt: $812,000 ($64.66)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $5,613,000 ($446.97)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $82,000 ($6.53)
Effingham government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $1,495,000 ($119.05)
All Other: $25,000 ($1.99)
- Employee Retirement - Local Employee Contribution: $172,000 ($13.70)
From Local Government: $169,000 ($13.46)
From Other Government: $23,000 ($1.83)
Interest Revenue: $-131,000 ($-10.43)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $443,000 ($35.28)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $1,010,000 ($80.43)
Interest Earnings: $639,000 ($50.88)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $1,772,000 ($141.11)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $5,691,000 ($453.18)
All Other: $1,415,000 ($112.68)
Highways: $344,000 ($27.39)
- Tax - Property: $3,547,000 ($282.45)
NEC: $551,000 ($43.88)
Public Utilities: $503,000 ($40.05)
Effingham government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Industrial Revenue: $4,820,000 ($383.82)
Water Utilities: $1,361,000 ($108.38)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $7,909,000 ($629.80)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $2,629,000 ($209.35)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Industrial Revenue: $4,580,000 ($364.71)
Other, NEC: $4,425,000 ($352.37)
Water Utilities: $1,288,000 ($102.56)
- Long Term Debt Retired Nonguaranteed - Industrial Revenue: $240,000 ($19.11)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $855,000 ($68.08)
Water Utilities: $73,000 ($5.81)
Effingham government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Employee Retirement - Total Other Securities: $5,800,000 ($461.86)
Total Federal Securities: $1,984,000 ($157.99)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $9,156,000 ($729.10)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $4,736,000 ($377.13)
4.32% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($40,347 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Fayette County, IL||0.42% ($29,583 average AGI)|
|from Shelby County, IL||0.32% ($27,717)|
|from Coles County, IL||0.30% ($49,907)|
4.64% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,118 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Effingham:
- WCRA (1090 AM; daytime; 1 kW; EFFINGHAM, IL)
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- KMOX (1120 AM; 50 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WLBH (1170 AM; daytime; 5 kW; MATTOON, IL; Owner: MATTOON BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WILY (1210 AM; daytime; 10 kW; CENTRALIA, IL; Owner: W. RUSSELL WITHERS, JR.)
- WIBC (1070 AM; 50 kW; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WSDZ (1260 AM; 20 kW; BELLEVILLE, IL)
- WLS (890 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WLS, INC.)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WILL (580 AM; 5 kW; URBANA, IL; Owner: UNIV. OF ILLINOIS BOARD OF TRUSTEES)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Effingham:
- WCRC (95.7 FM; EFFINGHAM, IL; Owner: TWO PETAZ, INC.)
- WKJT (102.3 FM; TEUTOPOLIS, IL; Owner: JOHN W. KIRBY)
- W208AN (91.3 FM; EFFINGHAM, IL; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- W204BG (88.7 FM; EFFINGHAM, IL; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WXEF (97.9 FM; EFFINGHAM, IL; Owner: PREMIER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WHQQ (98.9 FM; NEOGA, IL; Owner: WSHY, INC.)
- WIKK (103.5 FM; NEWTON, IL; Owner: V.L.N. BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WRAN (98.3 FM; TOWER HILL, IL; Owner: KASKASKIA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WLBH-FM (96.9 FM; MATTOON, IL; Owner: MATTOON BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WTRH (93.3 FM; RAMSEY, IL; Owner: COUNTRYSIDE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WJLY (88.3 FM; RAMSEY, IL; Owner: COUNTRYSIDE BROADCASTING)
- WMCI (101.3 FM; NEOGA, IL; Owner: THE CROMWELL GROUP, INC. OF ILLINOIS)
- WUSI (90.3 FM; OLNEY, IL; Owner: BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF S. ILL. UNIVER.)
TV broadcast stations around Effingham:
- WEIL-LP (Channel 54; EFFINGHAM, IL; Owner: BELIEVER'S BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WUSI-TV (Channel 16; OLNEY, IL; Owner: BD. OF TRUSTEES SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY)
- WEIU-TV (Channel 51; CHARLESTON, IL; Owner: EASTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY)
Fatal accident count (per 100,000 population)
Total length: 160 meters (525ft)
Total average daily traffic: 272,925
Total average daily truck traffic: 62,115
New bridges - Historical Statistics
- 1950-1959: 2
- 1960-1969: 5
- 1970-1979: 2
- 1980-1989: 2
- 1990-1999: 4
- 2000-2009: 8
- 2010-2012: 2
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 116 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Effingham, IL)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 22 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 35 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 9 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 4 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 113 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Effingham)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 24 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Effingham)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 138
- Hazardous Condition: 54
- Service Call: 18
- Good Intent Call: 8
Incident types - Effingham
|Most common first names in Effingham, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Effingham, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Effingham, IL|
|AT&T||1||Little Caesars Pizza||1|
|Arby's||1||Long John Silver's||1|
|Bath & Body Works||1||MasterBrand Cabinets||1|
|Buffalo Wild Wings||1||Menards||1|
|Burger King||1||Motel 6||1|
|Comfort Inn||1||Papa John's Pizza||1|
|Domino's Pizza||1||Ruby Tuesday||1|
|Econo Lodge||1||Ryan's Grill||1|
|Ford||1||Steak 'n Shake||1|
|H&R Block||1||Taco Bell||1|
Effingham on our top lists:
- #2 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Communications equipment operators (population 5,000+)"
- #3 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Printing and related support activities (population 5,000+)"
- #10 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Communications equipment operators (population 5,000+)"
- #14 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Printing and related support activities"
- #17 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Publishing, and motion picture and sound recording industries (population 5,000+)"
- #21 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest wind speed differences during a year (population 5,000+)"
- #35 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in homes for the mentally retarded (population 5,000+)"
- #39 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most fire safe hotels and motels per 100,000 population (pop 5,000+)"
- #55 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of rapes in 2006 per 10,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data"
- #66 on the list of "Top 101 cities that people commute into (largest positive percentage daily daytime population change due to commuting) (population 5,000+)"
- #66 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in homes for the mentally ill (population 5,000+)"
- #89 (62467) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of German first ancestries"
Total of 103 patent applications in 2008-2015.