|Median resident age:||37.5 years|
|Tennessee median age:||35.9 years|
Zip code: 37731
Eidson CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $54,540 (it was $38,300 in 2000)
- White alone - 979 (98.0%)
- American Indian alone - 6 (0.6%)
- Black alone - 4 (0.4%)
- Two or more races - 4 (0.4%)
- Asian alone - 3 (0.3%)
- Hispanic - 2 (0.2%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 1 (0.1%)
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 1523 feet
Land area: 41.2 square miles.Population density: 26 people per square mile (very low).
For population 25 years and over in Eidson:
- High school or higher: 56.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 6.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.5%
- Unemployed: 5.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 34.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Eidson CCD:
- Never married: 15.9%
- Now married: 68.8%
- Separated: 2.3%
- Widowed: 7.3%
- Divorced: 8.1%
According to our research of Tennessee and other state lists there were 5 registered sex offenders living in Eidson, Tennessee as of January 29, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Eidson to the number of sex offenders is 212 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Eidson CCD:||0.7% ($286)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Johnson City, TN (41.7 miles , pop. 55,469).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Fayette, KY (131.6 miles , pop. 260,512).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (444.3 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Kyles Ford, TN (2.6 miles ), Sneedville, TN (2.7 miles ), Big War Creek, TN (2.7 miles ), Rogersville, TN (2.7 miles ), Mooresburg, TN (3.1 miles ), Surgoinsville, TN (3.7 miles ), Jonesville, VA (3.8 miles ), Bulls Gap, TN (4.0 miles ).
Latitude: 36.48 N, Longitude: 83.10 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 423
- Construction (28%)
- Transportation equipment (20%)
- Personal and laundry services (6%)
- Truck transportation (4%)
- Recyclable material merchant wholesalers (4%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (3%)
- U. S. Postal service (3%)
- Health care (40%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Construction (10%)
- Public administration (10%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (9%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- U. S. Postal service (4%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (13%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (11%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (11%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (9%)
- Material moving workers except supervisors and laborers and material movers, hand (8%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (7%)
- Media and communication equipment workers (6%)
- Registered nurses (16%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (15%)
- Health technologists and technicians (12%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (7%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (7%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (6%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (4%)
Average climate in Eidson, Tennessee
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Eidson-area historical tornado activity is significantly below Tennessee state average. It is 66% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/9/1988, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 31.6 miles away from the Eidson place center killed one person and injured 15 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 7/6/1980, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 8.1 miles away from the place center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Eidson-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Tennessee state average. It is 79% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 127.7 miles away from the city center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 67.6 miles away from Eidson center
On 9/7/1988 at 02:28:09, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG) earthquake occurred 122.4 miles away from the city center
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG) earthquake occurred 184.0 miles away from the city center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 198.1 miles away from Eidson center
On 11/23/2006 at 10:42:57, a magnitude 4.3 (4.3 MB, 4.3 LG) earthquake occurred 77.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Hawkins County (8) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 5
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 4, Storms: 3, Heavy Rains: 2, Fire: 1, Flash Flood: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snowfall: 1, Tornado: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Eidson:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Eidson:
- Walters State Community College (about 21 miles; Morristown, TN; Full-time enrollment: 4,359)
- Tusculum College (about 29 miles; Greeneville, TN; FT enrollment: 2,070)
- Lincoln Memorial University (about 32 miles; Harrogate, TN; FT enrollment: 3,706)
- Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College (about 35 miles; Cumberland, KY; FT enrollment: 2,196)
- Northeast State Community College (about 39 miles; Blountville, TN; FT enrollment: 4,480)
- East Tennessee State University (about 43 miles; Johnson City, TN; FT enrollment: 12,774)
- Hazard Community and Technical College (about 52 miles; Hazard, KY; FT enrollment: 2,087)
Public high school in Eidson:
- Clinch School (Students: 152; Location: 1010 Clinch Valley Road; Grades: K-12)
Notable locations in Eidson: Frog Level (A), Clinch Valley Volunteer Fire Department Station 1 (B), Clinch Valley Volunteer Fire Department Station 2 (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Eidson include: Freedom Church (A), Shiloh Church (B), Grassy Springs Church (C), Compromise Church (D), Beech Grove Church (E), Mount View Church (F), Cobbs Chapel (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Tate Cemetery (1), Seal Cemetery (2), Trent Cemetery (3), Jaynes Cemetery (4), Vaughn Cemetery (5), Jones Cemetery (6), Lawson Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes: Ledford Pond (A), Jones Pond (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Curry Branch (A), Byrd Creek (B), Valley Creek (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2007 was 56.8. This is better than average.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2006 was 4.41. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 12.4 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2007 was 4.34. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 7.8 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2006 was 36.4. This is about average. Closest monitor was 12.4 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2000 was 30.4. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 12.4 miles away from the city center.
|This place:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Eidson compared to Tennessee state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (34%)
- Wood (30%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (18%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (12%)
- Coal or coke (6%)
Religion statistics for Eidson CCD (based on Hawkins County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 59.81%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||East District Association of Primitive Baptist||National Association of Free Will Baptists||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ|
|Name||LDS (Mormon) Church||Salvation Army||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee)||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Hawkins County:||1.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tennessee:||1.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hawkins County:||0.35 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tennessee:||0.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hawkins County:||4.57 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||3.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.56 / 10,000 pop.|
7.35% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($34,685 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
|from Sullivan County, TN||1.84% ($33,448 average AGI)|
|from Hamblen County, TN||0.67% ($29,061)|
|from Greene County, TN||0.37% ($25,096)|
6.47% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($31,008 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Eidson:
- WKVL (850 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: HORNE RADIO, LLC)
- WRGS (1370 AM; 1 kW; ROGERSVILLE, TN; Owner: WRGS, INC.)
- WGOC (640 AM; 10 kW; BLOUNTVILLE, TN; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WCRK (1150 AM; 5 kW; MORRISTOWN, TN; Owner: RADIO ACQUISITION CORP.)
- WFGW (1010 AM; 50 kW; BLACK MOUNTAIN, NC; Owner: BLUE RIDGE BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WPWT (870 AM; daytime; 10 kW; COLONIAL HEIGHTS, TN; Owner: INFORMATION COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WMTN (1300 AM; 5 kW; MORRISTOWN, TN)
- WHGG (1090 AM; daytime; 10 kW; KINGSPORT, TN; Owner: APPALACHIAN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIO)
- WFSR (970 AM; 5 kW; HARLAN, KY; Owner: EASTERN BROADCASTING COMPAY)
- WLFJ (660 AM; daytime; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WZAP (690 AM; 10 kW; BRISTOL, VA; Owner: RAM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WKTP (1590 AM; 10 kW; JONESBOROUGH, TN; Owner: HOLSTON VALLEY BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WJCW (910 AM; 5 kW; JOHNSON CITY, TN; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Eidson:
- WJDT (106.5 FM; ROGERSVILLE, TN; Owner: C & S BROADCASTING)
- WBGQ (100.7 FM; BULLS GAP, TN; Owner: CHEROKEE BROADCASTING)
- WTFM (98.5 FM; KINGSPORT, TN; Owner: HOLSTON VALLEY BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WAXM (93.5 FM; BIG STONE GAP, VA; Owner: VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSEH (102.7 FM; CUMBERLAND, KY; Owner: CUMBERLAND CITY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- W223AA (92.5 FM; BIG STONE GAP, VA; Owner: VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WRZK (95.9 FM; COLONIAL HEIGHTS, TN; Owner: MURRAY COMMUNICATIONS)
- WCTU (105.9 FM; TAZEWELL, TN; Owner: STAIR COMPANY, INC)
- WSDC (88.5 FM; SNEEDVILLE, TN; Owner: DUCK CREEK BAPTIST CHURCH)
- WMXK (94.1 FM; MORRISTOWN, TN; Owner: HORNE RADIO, LLC)
- WIMZ-FM (103.5 FM; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: SOUTH CENTRAL COMM., CORP.)
- WPJO (99.3 FM; ELIZABETHTON, TN; Owner: BRISTOL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WHCB (91.5 FM; BRISTOL, TN; Owner: APPALACHIAN EDUC. COMMUNICATION CORP)
- WETS-FM (89.5 FM; JOHNSON CITY, TN; Owner: EAST TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WXBQ-FM (96.9 FM; BRISTOL, TN; Owner: BRISTOL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WMIT (106.9 FM; BLACK MOUNTAIN, NC; Owner: BLUE RIDGE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WEYE (104.3 FM; SURGOINSVILLE, TN; Owner: TRI-CITY RADIO, LLC)
- WNCW (88.7 FM; SPINDALE, NC; Owner: ISOTHERMAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WMIK-FM (92.7 FM; MIDDLESBORO, KY; Owner: GATEWAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTUK (105.1 FM; HARLAN, KY; Owner: EASTERN BROADCASTING COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around Eidson:
- WETP-TV (Channel 2; SNEEDVILLE, TN; Owner: EAST TENNESSEE PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WAGV (Channel 44; HARLAN, KY; Owner: LIVING FAITH MINISTRIES, INC.)
Eidson fatal accident list:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:6
- Call Sign: KB5IYN, Licensee ID: L00567658
Grant Date: 08/21/2012, Expiration Date: 09/28/2022, Certifier: Abby J Beck
Registrant: Abby J Beck, 639 Gravely Valley Rd, Eidson, TN 37731
- Call Sign: KD9PJ, Previous Call Sign: WB9FFQ, Licensee ID: L00581130
Grant Date: 07/26/2003, Expiration Date: 09/07/2013
Registrant: Mark C Beck, 639 Gravely Valley Rd, Eidson, TN 37731
- Call Sign: N3QZA, Licensee ID: L00734513
Grant Date: 08/25/2003, Expiration Date: 11/23/2013
Registrant: Edward M Dingfelder, 526 War Creek Rd, Eidson, TN 37731
- Call Sign: KJ4ISI, Licensee ID: L01456078
Grant Date: 01/02/2009, Expiration Date: 01/02/2019, Certifier: Seth A Weidemann
Registrant: Seth A Weidemann, Eidson, TN 37731
- Call Sign: KJ4LTK, Licensee ID: L01488014
Grant Date: 05/01/2009, Expiration Date: 05/01/2019, Certifier: Richard A Stevens
Registrant: Richard A Stevens, 125 Debord Rd, Eidson, TN 37731
- Call Sign: KJ4OOQ, Licensee ID: L01513971
Grant Date: 08/21/2009, Expiration Date: 08/21/2019, Certifier: James W Riner
Registrant: James W Riner, 170 Parker Rd, Eidson, TN 37731
FAA Registered Aircraft:1
- Aircraft: CESSNA 150E (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 90 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR 0-200 SERIES (100 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 3557J , Serial Number: 15061257, Year manufactured: 1965, Airworthiness Date: 04/13/1965
Registrant (Individual): David C Faubel, 240 Ridge Rd, Eidson, TN 37731
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 11
- Hazardous Condition: 2
- Good Intent Call: 2
Incident types - Eidson
Total of 2 patent applications in 2008-2015.