|Median resident age:||41.1 years|
|Missouri median age:||33.9 years|
Zip codes: 64744.
|El Dorado Springs:||$23,937|
El Dorado Springs city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $64,769 (it was $45,800 in 2000)
|El Dorado Springs:||$64,769|
Median gross rent in 2012: $709.
- White alone - 3,425 (93.0%)
- Hispanic - 156 (4.2%)
- Two or more races - 58 (1.6%)
- Black alone - 17 (0.5%)
- Asian alone - 18 (0.5%)
- American Indian alone - 6 (0.2%)
|El Dorado Springs (17 replies)|
|From MN to MO (6 replies)|
|Relocating, Girlfriend got a job in El Dorado Springs (24 replies)|
|Rockville, MO -What school district? (1 reply)|
|Moving to Missouri (5 replies)|
|Help me find an inexpensive, rural MO town (97 replies)|
Latest news from El Dorado Springs, MO collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: United States (28.2%), German (21.4%), English (11.3%), Irish (6.8%), French (3.1%), Italian (2.1%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated in 1881
Elevation: 901 feet
Land area: 3.08 square miles.
Population density: 1,161 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in El Dorado Springs:
- High school or higher: 81.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.2%
- Unemployed: 5.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 19.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in El Dorado Springs city:
- Never married: 21.5%
- Now married: 47.8%
- Separated: 2.0%
- Widowed: 13.7%
- Divorced: 14.9%
33 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Missouri and other state lists there were 19 registered sex offenders living in El Dorado Springs, Missouri as of February 28, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in El Dorado Springs to the number of sex offenders is 186 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $682 (1.1%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $567 (0.8%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Springfield, MO (61.7 miles , pop. 151,580).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Kansas City, MO (88.3 miles , pop. 441,545).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (383.9 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Harwood, MO (3.1 miles) , Schell City, MO (3.4 miles ), Walker, MO (3.4 miles ), Roscoe, MO (3.7 miles) , Rockville, MO (3.8 miles) , Stockton, MO (4.2 miles ), Jerico Springs, MO (4.2 miles ), Milo, MO (4.2 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 6 buildings, average cost: $64,500
- 1998: 6 buildings, average cost: $77,800
- 1999: 7 buildings, average cost: $62,200
- 2000: 2 buildings, average cost: $60,000
- 2001: 1 building, cost: $50,000
- 2002: 3 buildings, average cost: $56,700
- 2003: 7 buildings, average cost: $55,500
- 2004: 5 buildings, average cost: $66,400
- 2007: 2 buildings, average cost: $158,700
- 2009: 1 building, cost: $55,000
- 2012: 2 buildings, average cost: $56,400
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 37.87 N, Longitude: 94.02 W
Area code: 417
|Crime rates in El Dorado Springs by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 298.1)||407.4||486.7||428.8||460.2||326.4||325.3||388.9||472.7||488.3|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in El Dorado Springs detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.95|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -96 (-2.5%).
- Manufacturing (33%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (19%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Health care and social assistance (11%)
- Transportation and warehousing (7%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (3%)
- Health care and social assistance (36%)
- Educational services (17%)
- Retail trade (15%)
- Finance and insurance (11%)
- Other services, except public administration (8%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Construction (3%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (8%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (8%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (6%)
- Construction laborers (6%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (6%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (5%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (12%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (9%)
- Textile, apparel, and furnishings workers (8%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (7%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (6%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (4%)
Average climate in El Dorado Springs, Missouri
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
El Dorado Springs-area historical tornado activity is near Missouri state average. It is 53% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/17/1995, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 8.7 miles away from the El Dorado Springs city center injured 9 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 5/4/1999, a category F3 tornado 9.0 miles away from the city center injured one person and caused $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:El Dorado Springs-area historical earthquake activity is near Missouri state average. It is 74% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 248.2 miles away from the city center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 250.8 miles away from El Dorado Springs center
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG) earthquake occurred 256.4 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 336.0 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/2001 at 06:42:12, a magnitude 4.7 (4.2 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 210.5 miles away from El Dorado Springs center
On 1/21/1982 at 00:33:54, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 212.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Cedar County (16) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 7, Storms: 7, Winter Storms: 6, Tornadoes: 5, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snowstorm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers in El Dorado Springs:
Airports located in El Dorado Springs:
- El Dorado Springs Memorial Airport (Runways: 2, Air Taxi Ops: 50, Itinerant Ops: 920, Local Ops: 2,580, Military Ops: 50)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to El Dorado Springs:
- Southwest Baptist University (about 39 miles; Bolivar, MO; Full-time enrollment: 2,783)
- Pittsburg State University (about 51 miles; Pittsburg, KS; FT enrollment: 6,838)
- Missouri Southern State University (about 59 miles; Joplin, MO; FT enrollment: 4,456)
- Drury University (about 61 miles; Springfield, MO; FT enrollment: 3,902)
- Ozarks Technical Community College (about 61 miles; Springfield, MO; FT enrollment: 10,356)
- Evangel University (about 62 miles; Springfield, MO; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- Missouri State University-Springfield (about 62 miles; Springfield, MO; FT enrollment: 16,660)
Public high school in El Dorado Springs:
- El Dorado Springs High School (Students: 389; Location: 901 S Grand Ave; Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in El Dorado Springs:
Library in El Dorado Springs:
Notable locations in El Dorado Springs: Missouri Department of Conservation Forestry Kansas City Regional Field Fire Office Eldorado Springs (A), El Dorado Springs Volunteer Fire Department (B), El Dorado Springs Volunteer Fire Department Rural Station (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in El Dorado Springs include: Holiness Church of God (A), Assembly of God Church (B), Bethel Free Will Baptist Church (C), Park Street Christian Church (D), First Baptist Church (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: El Dorado Springs Cemetery (1), French Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in El Dorado Springs: El Dorado Springs City Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Hotels: C & H Motel (303 East Highway 54), Dogwood Inn (102 East USHighway 54).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 90.3. This is worse than average.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2002 was 1.49. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 12.5 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 40.9. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 12.5 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 10.2. This is about average. Closest monitor was 12.5 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in El Dorado Springs and their reported violations in the past:EL DORADO SPRINGS (Population served: 3,593, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In NOV-2013, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Formal NOV issued (DEC-06-2013), St Public Notif requested (DEC-06-2013), St Public Notif received (DEC-18-2013), St Compliance achieved (APR-15-2014)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In JUN-2012, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JUL-06-2012), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUL-06-2012), St Public Notif received (JUL-31-2012), St Compliance achieved (JAN-22-2014)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In AUG-2010, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (AUG-27-2010), St Violation/Reminder Notice (AUG-27-2010), St Public Notif received (SEP-30-2010), St Compliance achieved (JAN-22-2014)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In OCT-2007, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (OCT-09-2007), St Violation/Reminder Notice (OCT-09-2007), St Public Notif received (NOV-21-2007), St Compliance achieved (JAN-22-2014)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In JUL-2007, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JUL-27-2007), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUL-27-2007), St Public Notif received (AUG-30-2007), St Compliance achieved (JAN-22-2014)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In SEP-2006, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (SEP-18-2006), St Violation/Reminder Notice (SEP-18-2006), St Public Notif received (OCT-18-2006), St Compliance achieved (JAN-22-2014)
(28.5% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for Black residents, 100.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for American Indian residents, 100.0% for other race residents, 0.0% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
5 people in group homes intended for adults in 2010
People in group quarters in El Dorado Springs in 2000:
- 100 people in nursing homes
- 24 people in mental (psychiatric) hospitals or wards
- 3 people in orthopedic wards and institutions for the physically handicapped
El Dorado Springs compared to Missouri state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Banks with branches in El Dorado Springs (2011 data):
- Heritage State Bank: E Hiway 54 Branch at 724 East Highway 54, branch established on 1888/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $117.1 mil, Deposits: $93.5 mil, headquarters in Nevada, MO, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: Shelbank Corporation
- Community Bank of El Dorado Springs: Community Bank Of El Dorado Springs at Highway 54 And Main Street, branch established on 1981/10/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $96.0 mil, Deposits: $82.8 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 1 total offices
- Liberty Bank: El Dorado Springs Branch at 1406 South Highway 32, branch established on 1999/02/22. Info updated 2011/03/28: Bank assets: $1,093.3 mil, Deposits: $919.6 mil, headquarters in Springfield, MO, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 19 total offices, Holding Company: Liberty Bancshares, Inc
- Mid-Missouri Bank: Eldorado Springs Branch at 118 West Highway 54, branch established on 1934/06/11. Info updated 2011/07/27: Bank assets: $509.3 mil, Deposits: $452.7 mil, headquarters in Springfield, MO, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 15 total offices, Holding Company: Mid-Missouri Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (71%)
- Electricity (23%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (3%)
- Wood (3%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for El Dorado Springs city (based on Cedar County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 54.61%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Old Missionary Baptists Associations||United Methodist Church||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)|
|Name||Catholic Church||Assemblies of God||National Association of Free Will Baptists||Churches of Christ||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Cedar County:||2.92 / 10,000 pop.|
|Missouri:||1.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|Cedar County:||7.30 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2013)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||4||$15,037||$45,111||0||$0|
|Judicial and Legal||0||$0||1||$724|
|Police Protection - Officers||7||$21,560||$36,960||0||$0|
|Police - Other||5||$10,749||$25,798||2||$1,204|
|Streets and Highways||4||$10,729||$32,187||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||7||$19,643||$33,674||4||$3,405|
|Totals for Government||45||$145,766||$38,871||10||$11,125|
7.07% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($29,172 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Vernon County, MO||0.93% ($22,256 average AGI)|
|from Greene County, MO||0.54% ($19,040)|
|from Polk County, MO||0.46% ($31,048)|
7.13% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($28,125 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in El Dorado Springs:
- KESM (1580 AM; 1 kW; ELDORADO SPRINGS, MO; Owner: WILDWOOD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KKOW (860 AM; 10 kW; PITTSBURG, KS; Owner: AMERICAN MEDIA INVESTMENTS)
- KKHK (1250 AM; 25 kW; KANSAS CITY, KS)
- KRMG (740 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KFAQ (1170 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WMBH (1560 AM; 10 kW; JOPLIN, MO)
- KGGF (690 AM; 10 kW; COFFEYVILLE, KS; Owner: KGGF-KUSN, INC.)
- KRMS (1150 AM; 10 kW; OSAGE BEACH, MO; Owner: VIPER COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- KKLL (1100 AM; daytime; 5 kW; WEBB CITY, MO; Owner: NEW LIFE EVANGELISTIC CENTER, INC.)
- KWTO (560 AM; 5 kW; SPRINGFIELD, MO; Owner: KWTO, INC.)
- KBTN (1420 AM; 10 kW; NEOSHO, MO; Owner: PETRACOM OF JOPLIN, L.L.C.)
- KCMO (710 AM; 10 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: SUSQUEHANNA KANSAS CITY PARTNERSHIP)
Strongest FM radio stations in El Dorado Springs:
- KESM-FM (105.5 FM; EL DORADO SPRINGS, MO; Owner: WILDWOOD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KNMO-FM (97.5 FM; NEVADA, MO; Owner: HARBIT COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- KRLK (107.7 FM; STOCKTON, MO; Owner: KRLK RADIO, INC.)
- KCVJ (92.3 FM; OSCEOLA, MO; Owner: LAKE AREA EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- K206CH (89.1 FM; NEVADA, MO; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2011 (per 100,000 population)
- Fatal accident count: 3
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 5
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 0
- Fatalities: 3
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 5
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 0
- Fatal accident count: 107
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 164
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 36
- Fatalities: 117
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 270
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 13
El Dorado Springs fatal accident list:
Jun 4, 2005 06:06 AM, Sr-32, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
Apr 17, 2001 08:30 PM, Sr-82, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in El Dorado Springs)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:40 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:3
- EL DORADO SPGS OFFIC, 1311 South Main Street (Lat: 37.866417 Lon: -94.021333), Type: Tower, Structure height: 16 m, Overall height: 22 m, Call Sign: WNSD403
Assigned Frequencies: 151.355 MHz, 151.445 MHz, 154.280 MHz, 159.270 MHz, 159.450 MHz, 151.190 MHz, 151.400 MHz, 159.345 MHz, 159.435 MHz, 159.240 MHz, 151.220 MHz
Grant Date: 10/31/2003, Expiration Date: 01/25/2014, Certifier: E John Alberts
Registrant: Mdc-It Section/Telecom, 230 Commerce Drive, Suite 201, Jefferson City, MO 65109, Phone: (573) 751-4115, Fax: (573) 751-4865, Email:
- 1/4 Mi W Of City Limits (Lat: 37.870306 Lon: -94.031611), Call Sign: KAI588
Assigned Frequencies: 153.590 MHz
Grant Date: 11/20/2002, Expiration Date: 02/01/2013
Registrant: Kamo Electric Coop Inc, Vinita, OK 74301, Phone: (918) 256-5551
- 901 S. Grand (Lat: 37.861139 Lon: -93.998833), Call Sign: WPSM467
Assigned Frequencies: 463.925 MHz, 464.100 MHz, 464.275 MHz
Grant Date: 06/20/2001, Expiration Date: 06/20/2011, Cancellation Date: 08/20/2011, Certifier: Greg Koetting
Registrant: Lao 20105702, 102 East Middle Street, Gettysburg, PA 17325, Phone: (800) 886-4222, Fax: (717) 337-9157, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:5 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers:4 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:29 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in El Dorado Springs)
FAA Registered Aircraft:12 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in El Dorado Springs)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 67
- Hazardous Condition: 22
- Service Call: 1
- Good Intent Call: 3
Incident types - El Dorado Springs
|Most common first names in El Dorado Springs, MO among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in El Dorado Springs, MO among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in El Dorado Springs, MO|
|H&R Block||1||SONIC Drive-In||1|
Total of 3 patent applications in 2008-2015.