Ellijay: Peek-a-boo deer
Ellijay: My Sanctuary !!
Ellijay: Momma Deer and Baby ! How cute !!!!!
Ellijay: Momma Deer and Baby ! How cute !!!!!
Ellijay: Friends come over for breakfast !!
Ellijay: Afternoon Sunset on the deck
Ellijay: A stream in Ellijay
Ellijay: Morning in the mountains
Ellijay: Cartecay River
Ellijay: Sweet little deer
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||42.9 years|
|Georgia median age:||35.9 years|
Zip codes: 30175.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $18,063 (it was $13,740 in 2000)
Ellijay city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $145,437 (it was $83,200 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $173,281; Detached houses: $180,248; Mobile homes: $83,282
Median gross rent in 2013: $596.
Races in Ellijay, GA (2010)
- 1,07666.5%White alone
- 181.1%Black alone
- 161.0%Two or more races
- 70.4%American Indian alone
- 30.2%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
- 20.1%Asian alone
Latest news from Ellijay, GA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: United States (17.4%), Irish (16.5%), English (9.9%), German (5.9%), Scotch-Irish (3.8%), Scottish (2.7%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 1360 feet
Land area: 2.68 square miles.
Population density: 611 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Ellijay:
- High school or higher: 65.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.4%
- Unemployed: 6.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 19.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Ellijay city:
- Never married: 33.1%
- Now married: 42.1%
- Separated: 1.9%
- Widowed: 9.9%
- Divorced: 13.0%
276 residents are foreign born (17.0% Latin America).
According to our research of Georgia and other state lists there were 104 registered sex offenders living in Ellijay, Georgia as of November 30, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Ellijay to the number of sex offenders is 16 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $837 (0.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $790 (0.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Roswell, GA (46.4 miles , pop. 79,334).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Atlanta, GA (64.8 miles , pop. 416,474).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (523.7 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: East Ellijay, GA (1.0 miles ), Carters Lake, GA (2.3 miles ), Cartecay, GA (2.5 miles ), Cherry Log, GA (2.8 miles) , Rich Mountain, GA (2.9 miles ), Talking Rock, GA (3.6 miles) , Blue Ridge, GA (3.9 miles ), Jasper, GA (4.0 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 8 buildings, average cost: $60,600
- 1998: 7 buildings, average cost: $114,100
- 1999: 10 buildings, average cost: $79,500
- 2000: 5 buildings, average cost: $113,000
- 2001: 4 buildings, average cost: $181,300
- 2002: 1 building, cost: $175,000
- 2003: 3 buildings, average cost: $237,700
- 2004: 13 buildings, average cost: $207,000
- 2005: 27 buildings, average cost: $130,600
- 2006: 26 buildings, average cost: $130,600
- 2007: 21 buildings, average cost: $130,600
- 2008: 14 buildings, average cost: $130,600
- 2009: 2 buildings, average cost: $162,500
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $45,000
- 2011: 1 building, cost: $45,000
- 2012: 1 building, cost: $35,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 34.69 N, Longitude: 84.48 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +4,522 (+292.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 312 (52.3%)
Area code: 706
|Crime rates in Ellijay by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 279.8)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||50.2|
(click on a table row to update graph)
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||4.89|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (27%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (21%)
- Construction (15%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Health care and social assistance (5%)
- Retail trade (4%)
- Other services, except public administration (4%)
- Accommodation and food services (35%)
- Health care and social assistance (19%)
- Retail trade (13%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Manufacturing (7%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (7%)
- Finance and insurance (3%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (23%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (15%)
- Production occupations (11%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (7%)
- Transportation occupations (7%)
- Management occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (6%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (30%)
- Sales and related occupations (18%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (11%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (11%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (8%)
- Material moving occupations (6%)
- Health technologists and technicians (4%)
Average climate in Ellijay, Georgia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Ellijay-area historical tornado activity is near Georgia state average. It is 38% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/3/1974, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 14.3 miles away from the Ellijay city center killed 9 people and injured 67 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 4/3/1974, a category F4 tornado 20.5 miles away from the city center killed 4 people and injured 26 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Ellijay-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Georgia state average. It is 80% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 66.7 miles away from the city center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML) earthquake occurred 81.9 miles away from Ellijay center
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG) earthquake occurred 127.5 miles away from the city center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 244.7 miles away from the city center
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 182.2 miles away from Ellijay center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 321.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Gilmer County (7) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 5
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 3, Tornadoes: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Flood: 1, Snowfall: 1, Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: John Davis (offensive lineman) - Player of football.
Hospitals and medical centers in Ellijay:
Airports located in Ellijay:
- Gilmer County Airport (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 1,000, Local Ops: 1,500)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Ellijay:
- Dalton State College (about 31 miles; Dalton, GA; Full-time enrollment: 3,846)
- University of North Georgia (about 31 miles; Dahlonega, GA; FT enrollment: 12,445)
- Lee University (about 40 miles; Cleveland, TN; FT enrollment: 4,422)
- Southern Adventist University (about 41 miles; Collegedale, TN; FT enrollment: 2,898)
- Cleveland State Community College (about 42 miles; Cleveland, TN; FT enrollment: 2,500)
- Kennesaw State University (about 46 miles; Kennesaw, GA; FT enrollment: 21,215)
- Brenau University (about 47 miles; Gainesville, GA; FT enrollment: 2,341)
Public high school in Ellijay:
- Gilmer High School (Students: 1128; Location: 408 Bobcat Trail; Grades: 9-12)
Private high school in Ellijay:
Public elementary/middle schools in Ellijay:
- Ellijay Elementary School (Students: 575; Location: 32 McCutchen St; Grades: 3-5)
- Ellijay Primary School (Students: 562; Location: 196 McCutchen Street; Grades: PK-2)
- Clear Creek Middle School (Students: 558; Location: Clear Creek Rd; Grades: 6-8)
- Mountain View Elementary School (Students: 529; Location: 350 Calvin Jackson Drive; Grades: KK-5)
- Gilmer Middle School (Students: 446; Location: 1860 South Main Street; Grades: 6-8)
- Oakland Elementary School (Students: 306; Location: 8264 Highway 52 E; Grades: KK-5)
Private elementary/middle schools in Ellijay:
Notable locations in Ellijay: Ellijay Fire Department (A), Gilmer County Courthouse (B), Gilmer County Fire Department Station 1 (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Centers: Riverside Plaza Shopping Center (1), South Main Plaza Shopping Center (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Main business address in Ellijay: APPALACHIAN BANCSHARES INC (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Ellijay include: First Baptist Church of Ellijay (A), Ellijay Church of Christ (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Ellijay Cemetery (1), Jarrett Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Rivers: Ellijay River (A), Cartecay River (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Ellijay: Gilmer Fairground (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Hotels: Ellijay Inn (92 South Main Street), Budget Inn (34 Jeff Drive).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 69.5. This is about average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2007 was 1.61. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 10.3 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 39.9. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 10.3 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Ellijay that have no violations reported:
- ELLIJAY-GILMER CO. WATER AUTH. (Population served: 13,010, Primary Water Source Type: Surface water)
(30.6% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 60.8% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 78.3% for other race residents, 28.1% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
2 people in group homes intended for adults in 2010
105 people in nursing homes in 2000
Ellijay compared to Georgia state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
Banks with branches in Ellijay (2011 data):
- Community & Southern Bank: Appalachian Community Bank Branch at 829 Industrial Boulevard, branch established on 1995/03/03; Highlands Branch at 19 Highland Crossing, branch established on 2006/10/02. Info updated 2010/09/20: Bank assets: $2,188.5 mil, Deposits: $1,690.2 mil, headquarters in Carrollton, GA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 39 total offices, Holding Company: Community & Southern Holdings, Inc.
- Regions Bank: Ellijay Main Branch at 187 South Main Street, branch established on 1974/08/29. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $123,368.2 mil, Deposits: $98,301.3 mil, headquarters in Birmingham, AL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1778 total offices, Holding Company: Regions Financial Corporation
- United Community Bank: Of Gilmer Coun at 558 Industrial Boulevard, branch established on 1998/01/30. Info updated 2009/06/23: Bank assets: $6,977.4 mil, Deposits: $6,170.1 mil, headquarters in Blairsville, GA, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 106 total offices, Holding Company: United Community Banks, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (47%)
- Electricity (41%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (11%)
- Wood (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Ellijay city (based on Gilmer County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Gilmer County:||1.77 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||1.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.35 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.15 / 10,000 pop.|
|Gilmer County:||0.71 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||0.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Gilmer County:||5.30 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.77 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||4||$10,364||$31,092||1||$1,873|
|Police Protection - Officers||11||$25,279||$27,577||0||$0|
|Police - Other||1||$2,668||$32,016||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||3||$5,756||$23,024||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||23||$54,993||$28,692||7||$4,384|
Ellijay government finances - Expenditure in 2006 (per resident):
- Construction - Regular Highways: $971,000 ($593.16)
Local Fire Protection: $98,000 ($59.87)
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $512,000 ($312.77)
Central Staff Services: $383,000 ($233.96)
Local Fire Protection: $275,000 ($167.99)
Regular Highways: $184,000 ($112.40)
Judicial and Legal Services: $57,000 ($34.82)
Housing and Community Development: $22,000 ($13.44)
General - Other: $21,000 ($12.83)
Solid Waste Management: $11,000 ($6.72)
- General - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
- Other Capital Outlay - Local Fire Protection: $481,000 ($293.83)
General - Other: $456,000 ($278.56)
Regular Highways: $37,000 ($22.60)
- Total Salaries and Wages: $733,000 ($447.77)
Ellijay government finances - Revenue in 2006 (per resident):
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $9,000 ($5.50)
Miscellaneous Commercial Activities: $4,000 ($2.44)
All Other: $1,000 ($0.61)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Local Government Support: $882,000 ($538.79)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $1,182,000 ($722.05)
Fines and Forfeits: $196,000 ($119.73)
Interest Earnings: $34,000 ($20.77)
- State Intergovernmental - Housing and Community Development: $412,000 ($251.68)
All Other: $14,000 ($8.55)
- Tax - Property: $308,000 ($188.15)
Public Utilities Sales: $209,000 ($127.67)
Other Selective Sales: $95,000 ($58.03)
Alcoholic Beverage Sales: $67,000 ($40.93)
Occupation and Business License, NEC: $65,000 ($39.71)
Other License: $32,000 ($19.55)
Ellijay government finances - Cash and Securities in 2006 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash and Securities: $1,202,000 ($734.27)
6.38% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($43,081 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Pickens County, GA||0.63% ($20,140 average AGI)|
|from Fannin County, GA||0.43% ($27,487)|
|from Cherokee County, GA||0.38% ($34,629)|
6.84% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,931 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Ellijay:
- WPGY (1560 AM; daytime; 1 kW; ELLIJAY, GA; Owner: TRI-STATE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCNN (680 AM; 50 kW; NORTH ATLANTA, GA; Owner: DICKEY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WFTD (1080 AM; daytime; 50 kW; MARIETTA, GA; Owner: PRIETO ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- WGST (640 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WSB (750 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WFLI (1070 AM; 50 kW; LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN, TN; Owner: WFLI, INC.)
- WWAM (820 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JASPER, TN; Owner: SHELTON BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
- WMLB (1160 AM; 50 kW; EAST POINT, GA; Owner: ATLANTA AREA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WAZX (1550 AM; 50 kW; SMYRNA, GA; Owner: GA-MEX BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WGUN (1010 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: WGUN, INC.)
- WDGR (1210 AM; daytime; 10 kW; DAHLONEGA, GA; Owner: SMALL TOWN RADIO OF GEORGIA, INC.)
- WQXI (790 AM; 28 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: JEFFERSON-PILOT COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY OF GEORGIA)
- WAOK (1380 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Ellijay:
- WLJA-FM (93.5 FM; ELLIJAY, GA; Owner: TRI-STATE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WNSY (100.1 FM; TALKING ROCK, GA; Owner: CHARLES A. MCCLURE)
- W234AG (94.7 FM; CHATSWORTH, GA; Owner: IMMANUEL BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- W221AW (92.1 FM; NORTH CANTON, GA; Owner: IMMANUEL BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- W214AS (90.7 FM; WALESKA, GA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- WQMT (98.9 FM; CHATSWORTH, GA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WFQS (91.3 FM; FRANKLIN, NC; Owner: WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA PUBLIC RADIO)
- WCVP-FM (95.9 FM; ROBBINSVILLE, NC; Owner: CHEROKEE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WPPL (103.9 FM; BLUE RIDGE, GA; Owner: FANNIN COUNTY BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WFOX (97.1 FM; GAINESVILLE, GA; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WWEV-FM (91.5 FM; CUMMING, GA; Owner: CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION)
- WMBW (88.9 FM; CHATTANOOGA, TN; Owner: THE MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO)
- WCCV (91.7 FM; CARTERSVILLE, GA; Owner: IMMANUEL BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WYAY (106.7 FM; GAINESVILLE, GA; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WNGU (89.5 FM; DAHLONEGA, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- W215AY (90.9 FM; ELLIJAY, GA; Owner: IMMANUEL BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WYYU (104.5 FM; DALTON, GA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Ellijay:
- W50AB (Channel 50; HIAWASSEE, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WFLI-TV (Channel 53; CLEVELAND, TN; Owner: CHATTANOOGA MEDIA HOLDINGS, L.L.C.)
- WPXA (Channel 14; ROME, GA; Owner: PAXSON ATLANTA LICENSE, INC.)
- WCLP-TV (Channel 18; CHATSWORTH, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- Ellijay, Georgia
- Fatal accident count31
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents45
- Fatal accidents involving drunken persons:8
- Persons involved in fatal accidents73
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents0
- Georgia average
- Fatal accident count106
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents163
- Fatal accidents involving drunken persons29
- Persons involved in fatal accidents278
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents16
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 7Number of bridges
- 37m121ftTotal length
- $2,162,000Total costs
- 37,070Total average daily traffic
- 1,181Total average daily truck traffic
- 55,605Total future (year 2030) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Ellijay)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:134 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Ellijay, GA)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:20 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:1
- ELLIJAY, Lat: 34.657500 Lon: -84.261944, Call Sign: WQAC417, Licensee ID: L00850132
Assigned Frequencies: 956.368 MHz
Grant Date: 05/04/2004, Expiration Date: 05/04/2014, Certifier: Lon Dillard
Registrant: Appalachian Water Inc
FCC Registered Paging Towers:1
- Atop Talona Mountain South Of City (Lat: 34.629806 Lon: -84.490472), Call Sign: KWA657
Assigned Frequencies: 152.720 MHz
Grant Date: 05/13/2008, Expiration Date: 07/01/2018
Registrant: Ewa 20925106, 122 Baltimore St, Gettysburg, PA 17325, Phone: (800) 886-4222, Fax: (717) 337-9157, Email:
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers:1
- Gilmer County Airport (Lat: 34.630000 Lon: -84.527222), Type: Building, Structure height: 10 m, Overall height: 14.8 m, Call Sign: WQFS471
Assigned Frequencies: 118.075 MHz
Grant Date: 09/21/2006, Expiration Date: 09/21/2016
Registrant: Vaisala Inc., 194 South Taylor Ave., Louisville, CO 80027, Phone: (303) 402-4741, Fax: (720) 304-4841, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:144 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Ellijay)
FAA Registered Aircraft:13 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Ellijay)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 130
- Hazardous Condition: 259
- Service Call: 2
- Good Intent Call: 5
Incident types - Ellijay
|Most common first names in Ellijay, GA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Ellijay, GA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Ellijay, GA|
|Ace Hardware||1||Little Caesars Pizza||1|
|Domino's Pizza||1||True Value||1|
Ellijay on our top lists:
- #9 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Other sales and related workers including supervisors"
- #18 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Food"
- #29 on the list of "Top 101 cities that people commute into (largest positive percentage daily daytime population change due to commuting)"
- #84 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Textile mills and textile products"
- #90 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Textile mills and textile products"
Total of 34 patent applications in 2008-2015.