Elmer City, Washington
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||36.6 years|
|Washington median age:||37.7 years|
Zip codes: 99124.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $22,039 (it was $16,366 in 2000)
Elmer City town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $126,064 (it was $56,300 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2016: $1,021.
Races in Elmer City, WA (2016)
- 13842.1%American Indian alone
- 13541.2%White alone
- 237.0%Two or more races
- 92.7%Black alone
- 82.4%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
|Remedial pronunciation assistance for the confused Northwest transplant. (31 replies)|
|Would like some info on towns/cities in Okanogan county (5 replies)|
|Take a job in Grand Coulee?? I'm in Port Orchard, WA now (7 replies)|
Latest news from Elmer City, WA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Irish (9.1%), American (1.9%), English (1.9%), Scandinavian (1.9%), European (1.4%), Swedish (1.4%).
Current Local Time: PST time zone
Incorporated in 1947
Elevation: 1100 feet
Land area: 0.21 square miles.
Population density: 1,156 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Elmer City:
- High school or higher: 86.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.6%
- Unemployed: 9.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 15.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Elmer City town:
- Never married: 38.2%
- Now married: 32.2%
- Separated: 3.5%
- Widowed: 8.4%
- Divorced: 17.7%
2 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $1,159 (0.8%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $469 (0.5%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Spokane, WA (75.1 miles , pop. 195,629).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: East Seattle, WA (151.5 miles , pop. 480,100).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (962.7 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Coulee Dam, WA (1.5 miles ), Grand Coulee, WA (2.2 miles ), Electric City, WA (2.5 miles ), Nespelem Community, WA (3.4 miles ), Nespelem, WA (3.4 miles ), Keller, WA (3.7 miles ), Almira, WA (4.5 miles ), Wilbur, WA (4.5 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $122,000
Latitude: 48.00 N, Longitude: 118.95 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 509
|Crime rates in Elmer City by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 319.6)||0.0||0.0||27.8||0.0|
(click on a table row to update graph)
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||4.18|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Public administration (57%)
- Utilities (13%)
- Construction (7%)
- Retail trade (5%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (5%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (3%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (3%)
- Public administration (32%)
- Educational services (17%)
- Construction (15%)
- Other services, except public administration (8%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Retail trade (3%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (18%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (13%)
- Life, physical, and social science occupations (11%)
- Fire fighting and prevention, and other protective service workers including supervisors (8%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (8%)
- Transportation occupations (8%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (7%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (20%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (17%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (15%)
- Management occupations (12%)
- Sales and related occupations (7%)
- Personal care and service occupations (5%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (3%)
Average climate in Elmer City, Washington
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Elmer City-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Washington state average. It is 119% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/13/1949 at 19:55:42, a magnitude 7.0 (7.0 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 173.2 miles away from the city center, causing $80,000,000 total damage
On 2/28/2001 at 18:54:32, a magnitude 6.8 (6.5 MB, 6.6 MS, 6.8 MW, Depth: 32.2 mi, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 180.6 miles away from Elmer City center, causing $2,000,000,000 total damage and $305,000,000 insured losses
On 4/29/1965 at 15:28:43, a magnitude 6.6 (6.6 UK) earthquake occurred 164.3 miles away from the city center, causing $28,000,000 total damage
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 366.9 miles away from the city center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK) earthquake occurred 461.9 miles away from Elmer City center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 523.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Okanogan County (20) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Fires: 13, Floods: 5, Storms: 3, Mudslides: 2, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Volcanic Eruption: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Elmer City:
- Eastern Washington University (about 73 miles; Cheney, WA; Full-time enrollment: 11,643)
- Spokane Falls Community College (about 73 miles; Spokane, WA; FT enrollment: 6,052)
- Whitworth University (about 74 miles; Spokane, WA; FT enrollment: 2,689)
- Wenatchee Valley College (about 76 miles; Wenatchee, WA; FT enrollment: 2,951)
- Gonzaga University (about 76 miles; Spokane, WA; FT enrollment: 6,780)
- Spokane Community College (about 78 miles; Spokane, WA; FT enrollment: 6,482)
- Central Washington University (about 101 miles; Ellensburg, WA; FT enrollment: 10,960)
Notable location: Okanogan County Fire District 2 (A). Display/hide its location on the map
(31.6% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for Black residents, 28.6% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 22.1% for American Indian residents, 100.0% for other race residents, 20.1% for two or more races residents)
|This town:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 1.0% of all households
- Gay men: 1.0% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Elmer City town (based on Okanogan County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Okanogan County:||4.30 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washington:||2.06 / 10,000 pop.|
|Okanogan County:||1.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washington:||1.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|Okanogan County:||6.58 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.67 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||10.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.26 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Elmer City, WA Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Judicial and Legal||0||$0||1||$227|
|Totals for Government||2||$7,389||$44,334||1||$227|
5.53% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($32,308 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from King County, WA||0.58% ($42,976 average AGI)|
|from Spokane County, WA||0.54% ($24,346)|
|from Snohomish County, WA||0.38% ($36,145)|
5.47% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,499 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Elmer City:
- KTBI (810 AM; daytime; 50 kW; EPHRATA, WA; Owner: TACOMA BROADCASTERS, INCORPORATED)
- KEYG (1490 AM; 1 kW; GRAND COULEE, WA; Owner: WHEELER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KGA (1510 AM; 50 kW; SPOKANE, WA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KOMW (680 AM; daytime; 5 kW; OMAK, WA; Owner: NORTH CASCADES BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KXLY (920 AM; 20 kW; SPOKANE, WA; Owner: SPOKANE RADIO, INC.)
- KIRO (710 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA; Owner: ENTERCOM SEATTLE LICENSE, LLC)
- KIXI (880 AM; 50 kW; MERCER ISLAND/SEATTL, WA; Owner: BELLEVUE RADIO, INC.)
- KTTH (770 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA; Owner: ENTERCOM SEATTLE LICENSE, LLC)
- KMJY (700 AM; 10 kW; NEWPORT, WA; Owner: JAMES E. AND HELEN G. STARGEL)
- KGNW (820 AM; 50 kW; BURIEN-SEATTLE, WA; Owner: INSPIRATION MEDIA, INC.)
- KJR (950 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA)
- KOMO (1000 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA; Owner: FISHER BROADCASTING - SEATTLE RADIO, L.L.C.)
- KRKO (1380 AM; 50 kW; EVERETT, WA; Owner: S-R BROADCASTING, CO.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Elmer City:
- KEYG-FM (98.5 FM; GRAND COULEE, WA; Owner: WHEELER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K219DQ (90.5 FM; OMAK, WA; Owner: WALLA WALLA COLLEGE)
- K257DN (99.3 FM; BREWSTER, WA; Owner: BREWSTER GRANGE #1018)
- KQWS (90.1 FM; OMAK, WA; Owner: WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KZBE (104.3 FM; OMAK, WA; Owner: NORTH CASCADES BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K236AE (95.1 FM; TWISP, WA; Owner: NORTH CASCADES BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KNCW (92.7 FM; OMAK, WA; Owner: NORTH CASCADES BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KOZI-FM (93.5 FM; CHELAN, WA; Owner: ICICLE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K220DV (91.9 FM; GRAND COULEE, WA; Owner: SPOKANE PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Elmer City:
- K12FM (Channel 12; FORT STOCKTON, TX; Owner: NEXSTAR BROADCASTING OF MIDLAND-ODESSA, L.L.C.)
- K10FV (Channel 10; GRAND COULEE, ETC., WA; Owner: GRAND COULEE T.V., INC.)
- K08BY (Channel 8; GRAND COULEE, ETC., WA; Owner: GRAND COULEE T.V., INC.)
Elmer City fatal accident list:
Oct 12, 1986 08:50 PM, Lowerrvrrd, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:5
- Call Sign: N7VUW, Grant Date: 01/21/1992, Expiration Date: 01/21/2002, Cancellation Date: 01/22/2004, Registrant: Lee O Pierce, Mc Ginnis Lake Box B, Elmer City, WA 99124
- Call Sign: KG7DDD, Licensee ID: L01786462, Grant Date: 05/06/2013, Expiration Date: 05/06/2023, Certifier: Steve L Hood, Registrant: Steve L Hood, Elmer City, WA 99124
- Call Sign: KG7DDE, Licensee ID: L01786463, Grant Date: 05/06/2013, Expiration Date: 05/06/2023, Certifier: Ralph F Rise, Registrant: Ralph F Rise, Elmer City, WA 99124
- Call Sign: KG7GUY, Licensee ID: L01826322, Grant Date: 11/22/2013, Expiration Date: 11/22/2023, Certifier: Devan M Black, Registrant: Devan M Black, Elmer City, WA 99124
- Call Sign: KG7PWA, Licensee ID: L01911832, Grant Date: 12/22/2014, Expiration Date: 12/22/2024, Certifier: Nicholas J Kempe, Registrant: Nicholas J Kempe, Elmer City, WA 99124
|Most common first names in Elmer City, WA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Elmer City, WA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (75%)
- Wood (19%)
- Utility gas (4%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
Elmer City compared to Washington state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.