We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||47.1 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54555.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $22,681 (it was $17,100 in 2000)
Emery town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $104,853 (it was $68,300 in 2000)
Races in Emery, WI (2010)
- 28596.0%White alone
- 41.3%Two or more races
- 10.3%Black alone
- 10.3%Asian alone
Ancestries: German (36.0%), Czech (25.2%), Swedish (10.5%), English (7.1%), French (7.1%), Irish (7.1%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 108.1 square miles.
Population density: 2.7 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Emery:
- High school or higher: 79.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.0%
- Unemployed: 5.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Emery town:
- Never married: 17.2%
- Now married: 65.6%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 5.9%
- Divorced: 10.3%
4 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Emery town:||1.3% ($900)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Eau Claire, WI (88.6 miles , pop. 61,704).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Paul, MN (151.8 miles , pop. 287,151).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (294.6 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Worcester, WI (2.8 miles ), Hackett, WI (3.0 miles ), Phillips, WI (3.3 miles ), Lynne, WI (3.3 miles ), Knox, WI (3.4 miles ), Prentice, WI (3.5 miles ), Fifield, WI (3.7 miles ), Somo, WI (3.9 miles) .
Latitude: 45.70 N, Longitude: 90.18 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
- Wood products (20%)
- Construction (14%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (12%)
- Plastics and rubber products (12%)
- Machinery (10%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Health care (25%)
- Plastics and rubber products (10%)
- Wood products (9%)
- Public administration (9%)
- Food and beverage stores (8%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (21%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (6%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (6%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (5%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (10%)
- Customer service representatives (10%)
- Registered nurses (8%)
- Food and beverage serving workers except waiters/waitresses (8%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (6%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (5%)
- Textile, apparel, and furnishings workers (5%)
Average climate in Emery, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Emery-area historical tornado activity is below Wisconsin state average. It is 37% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/10/1953, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 18.2 miles away from the Emery town center killed 2 people and injured 24 people.
On 6/25/1950, a category F4 tornado 30.0 miles away from the town center killed 2 people and injured 12 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Emery-area historical earthquake activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 97% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 283.3 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 300.2 miles away from Emery center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 295.4 miles away from the city center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 277.7 miles away from the city center
On 10/20/1995 at 15:57:18, a magnitude 3.7 (3.7 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 322.7 miles away from Emery center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 463.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Price County (6) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 3, Storms: 3, Tornadoes: 2, Winds: 2, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Emery:
- Northcentral Technical College (about 56 miles; Wausau, WI; Full-time enrollment: 3,356)
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (about 85 miles; Shell Lake, WI; FT enrollment: 2,414)
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (about 87 miles; Stevens Point, WI; FT enrollment: 9,089)
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (about 90 miles; Eau Claire, WI; FT enrollment: 10,143)
- Chippewa Valley Technical College (about 91 miles; Eau Claire, WI; FT enrollment: 4,038)
- Mid-State Technical College (about 93 miles; Wisconsin Rapids, WI; FT enrollment: 2,128)
- University of Wisconsin-Stout (about 103 miles; Menomonie, WI; FT enrollment: 8,120)
Notable location: Emery Townhall (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: Emery Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lake: Mud Lake (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Rivers and creeks: Spring Creek (A), North Branch Little Elk River (B), Musser Creek (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 1.7% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Emery town (based on Price County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Price County:||4.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Price County:||1.39 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||0.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Price County:||6.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||11.79 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
4.19% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($12,188 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Ashland County, WI||0.42% ($29,800 average AGI)|
|from Taylor County, WI||0.27% ($41,125)|
|from Dane County, WI||0.20% ($-482,333)|
5.13% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,385 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Emery:
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WLKD (1570 AM; 5 kW; MINOCQUA, WI; Owner: RAVEN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WJMS (590 AM; 5 kW; IRONWOOD, MI; Owner: ROBERTS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNBI (980 AM; 1 kW; PARK FALLS, WI)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WRIG (1390 AM; 10 kW; SCHOFIELD, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WJJQ (810 AM; daytime; 1 kW; TOMAHAWK, WI; Owner: GREGORY A & MARGARUITE S ALBERT)
- KSTP (1500 AM; 50 kW; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: KSTP-AM, LLC (DELAWARE))
- KFAN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Emery:
- WHBM-FM (90.3 FM; PARK FALLS, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WCQM (98.3 FM; PARK FALLS, WI; Owner: MIDWEST RADIO NETWORK, LLC)
- WMQA-FM (95.9 FM; MINOCQUA, WI; Owner: RAVEN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
TV broadcast stations around Emery:
- WLEF-TV (Channel 36; PARK FALLS, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WYOW (Channel 34; EAGLE RIVER, WI; Owner: WAOW-WYOW TELEVISION, INC.)
- WJFW-TV (Channel 12; RHINELANDER, WI; Owner: NORTHLAND TELEVISION, INC.)
- W31BA (Channel 31; MINOCQUA, WI; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 6Number of bridges
- 7m23ftTotal length
- $242,000Total costs
- 1,132Total average daily traffic
- 8Total average daily truck traffic
- 1,264Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Wood (45%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (41%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (8%)
- Utility gas (5%)
- Electricity (2%)
Emery compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.