Enosburg: Beautiful morning by the Electric Plant in Enosburg
Enosburg: Faye Duffy's old store
Enosburg: True Vermont
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||40.0 years|
|Vermont median age:||45.8 years|
Zip codes: 05450.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $27,095 (it was $16,281 in 2000)
Enosburg town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $173,675 (it was $83,100 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $221,717; Detached houses: $231,863; Townhouses or other attached units: $189,056; In 2-unit structures: $401,393; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $246,053; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $168,075; Mobile homes: $90,285
Races in Enosburg, VT (2010)
- 2,65595.5%White alone
- 461.7%Two or more races
- 281.0%American Indian alone
- 110.4%Black alone
- 50.2%Asian alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- The fastest-growing sector in the West is dominated by one company Aug 17
- What matters more when it comes to moving between states: weather or taxes? Aug 15
- How your income level affects your health Aug 13
- A few numbers about alcohol consumption Aug 11
- High-paid finance jobs are moving outside of large cities Aug 9
Ancestries: French (16.5%), French Canadian (15.1%), United States (14.8%), English (13.3%), Irish (10.9%), German (4.0%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Land area: 48.6 square miles.
Population density: 57 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Enosburg:
- High school or higher: 76.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.7%
- Unemployed: 3.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 30.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Enosburg town:
- Never married: 24.4%
- Now married: 56.8%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 7.6%
- Divorced: 9.4%
101 residents are foreign born (2.3% North America, 1.0% Europe).
According to our research of Vermont and other state lists there were 3 registered sex offenders living in Enosburg, Vermont as of August 18, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Enosburg to the number of sex offenders is 903 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Enosburg town:||2.0% ($1,672)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Manchester, NH (146.8 miles , pop. 107,006).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (196.2 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (284.8 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Enosburg Falls, VT (1.5 miles ), Berkshire, VT (2.3 miles ), Bakersfield, VT (2.6 miles ), Montgomery, VT (2.8 miles ), Sheldon, VT (2.9 miles ), Franklin, VT (2.9 miles ), Fairfield, VT (3.0 miles ), Richford, VT (3.1 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2010: 2 buildings, average cost: $165,900
Latitude: 44.88 N, Longitude: 72.77 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 802
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +73 (+2.7%).
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (14%)
- Construction (8%)
- Truck transportation (7%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Food (6%)
- Computer and electronic products (6%)
- Metal and metal products (6%)
- Educational services (18%)
- Health care (15%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Social assistance (5%)
- Food and beverage stores (3%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (10%)
- Farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (5%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (5%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (4%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (7%)
- Cashiers (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (5%)
- Business operations specialists (4%)
Average climate in Enosburg, Vermont
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Enosburg-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Vermont state average. It is 92% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 54.1 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 100.8 miles away from Enosburg center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 112.0 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 11:04:42, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, 3.7 ML, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 52.8 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2000 at 08:46:55, a magnitude 4.0 (4.0 LG, 3.8 ML, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 97.8 miles away from Enosburg center
On 6/16/1995 at 12:13:11, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 59.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Franklin County (20) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 19
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 14, Storms: 13, Winds: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Landslide: 1, Snow: 1, Tropical Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Arthur W. Woodworth - Politician, Martin Dewey Follett - Ohio Jurist, John F. Follett - Politician.
Hospitals and medical centers near Enosburg:
- SAINT ALBANS HEALTHCARE AND REHABILITATION CENTER (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; SAINT ALBANS, VT)
- FLETCHER ALLEN HEALTHCARE - ST. ALBANS SATELLITE (Dialysis Facility, about 16 miles away; SAINT ALBANS, VT)
- NORTHWESTERN MEDICAL CENTER INC Acute Care Hospitals (about 16 miles away; SAINT ALBANS, VT)
- REDSTONE VILLA (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; ST ALBANS, VT)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Enosburg:
- Saint Michael's College (about 34 miles; Colchester, VT; Full-time enrollment: 2,336)
- Community College of Vermont (about 34 miles; Winooski, VT; FT enrollment: 3,394)
- University of Vermont (about 35 miles; Burlington, VT; FT enrollment: 11,566)
- Champlain College (about 36 miles; Burlington, VT; FT enrollment: 2,623)
- SUNY College at Plattsburgh (about 37 miles; Plattsburgh, NY; FT enrollment: 5,934)
- Norwich University (about 52 miles; Northfield, VT; FT enrollment: 4,221)
- Middlebury College (about 64 miles; Middlebury, VT; FT enrollment: 3,077)
Notable locations in Enosburg: Enosburg Falls Golf Course (A), Enosburg Public Library (B), Enosburg Fire Department (C), Enosburgh Ambulance Service (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Center: Enosburg Falls Shopping Center (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Church in Enosburg: Advent Christian Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: West Enosburg Cemetery (1), Stevens Ferry Cemetery (2), Old Catholic Cemetery (3), New Catholic Cemetery (4), Main Street Cemetery (5), Enosburg Center Cemetery (6), Bordoville Advent Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lake: Adams Pond (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: The Branch (A), Bogue Branch (B), Cold Hollow Brook (C), Giddings Brook (D), Trout Brook (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
32 people in other noninstitutional group quarters in 2000
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Enosburg town (based on Franklin County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Franklin County:||3.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vermont:||3.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|Franklin County:||1.67 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vermont:||1.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Franklin County:||7.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.52 / 10,000 pop.|
4.82% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($38,552 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Chittenden County, VT||2.17% ($39,326 average AGI)|
|from Grand Isle County, VT||0.24% ($41,458)|
|from Lamoille County, VT||0.22% ($30,326)|
4.58% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($35,424 average adjusted gross income)
0.06% of residents moved to foreign countries ($410 average AGI)
Franklin County: 0.06% Vermont average: 0.06%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Enosburg:
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WVMT (620 AM; 5 kW; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: SISON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WICY (1490 AM; 50 kW; MALONE, NY; Owner: CARTIER COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WDEV (550 AM; 5 kW; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WEAV (960 AM; 5 kW; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTWK (1070 AM; daytime; 5 kW; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WVAA (1390 AM; 5 kW; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, KDR, LLC)
- WRSA (1420 AM; 1 kW; ST. ALBANS, VT)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Enosburg:
- WEZF (92.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WVPS (107.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WLKC (103.3 FM; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO BROADCASTING SERVICES, INC.)
- WCVT (101.7 FM; STOWE, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT CLASSICS, L.L.C.)
- WLFE-FM (102.3 FM; ST. ALBANS, VT; Owner: CHAMPLAIN COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WNCS (104.7 FM; MONTPELIER, VT; Owner: MONTPELIER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCEL (91.9 FM; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Owner: WAMC)
- WDEV-FM (96.1 FM; WARREN, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WPKQ (103.7 FM; NORTH CONWAY, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WHOM (94.9 FM; MT. WASHINGTON, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WGMT (97.7 FM; LYNDON, VT; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WCPV (101.3 FM; ESSEX, NY; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WGLY-FM (91.5 FM; BOLTON, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WDOT (95.7 FM; DANVILLE, VT; Owner: MONTPELIER BROADCASTING INC)
- WBTZ (99.9 FM; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Owner: PLATTSBURGH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- W243AE (96.5 FM; ORLEANS, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WMOO (92.1 FM; DERBY CENTER, VT; Owner: NORTHSTAR MEDIA, INC.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 14Number of bridges
- 31m102ftTotal length
- $3,636,000Total costs
- 7,170Total average daily traffic
- 450Total average daily truck traffic
- 10,010Total future (year 2017) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
- 1Before 1900
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:1
- Enosburg Falls Fire Station Archambault St (Lat: 44.911167 Lon: -72.785694), Call Sign: KNCE597
Assigned Frequencies: 153.815 MHzGrant Date: 08/02/1995, Expiration Date: 09/25/2000, Cancellation Date: 12/03/2000Registrant: Enosburg, Town Of, Enosburg Falls, VT 05450, Phone: (802) 933-2118
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:1
- Richford-01, Woodward Neighbor Rd (Lat: 44.996389 Lon: -72.661167), Type: Mtower, Structure height: 27.4 m, Call Sign: WQVY506
Assigned Frequencies: 10975.0 MHz, 10975.0 MHz, 10975.0 MHz, 10975.0 MHz, 10975.0 MHz, 10975.0 MHz, 10975.0 MHz, 10975.0 MHz, 10975.0 MHz, 10975.0 MHz... (+4 more)Grant Date: 06/15/2015, Expiration Date: 06/15/2025, Certifier: Fran StockerRegistrant: Radyn, Inc, Silver Spring, MD 20914, Phone: (301) 493-5171, Fax: (301) 576-4553, Email:
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 12
- Hazardous Condition: 2
Incident types - Enosburg
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (68%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (16%)
- Wood (12%)
- Electricity (2%)
- Utility gas (1%)
Businesses in Enosburg, VT
- Subway: 1
Enosburg compared to Vermont state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Total of 2 patent applications in 2008-2017.