Estherville: Train trussel from the swinging bridge, just off hwy 9 in Estherville
Estherville: If your tastes gravitate to the fancy-shmancy, head over Estherville's, Fifth Street.
Estherville: One tax preparer in Estherville "wants you" so strongly, he hired Uncle Sam to reel 'em in.
Estherville: There're plenty of professional services in Estherville.
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||36.8 years|
|Iowa median age:||38.1 years|
Zip codes: 51334.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $25,169 (it was $16,488 in 2000)
Estherville city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $84,167 (it was $54,500 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2015: $611.
Races in Estherville, IA (2015)
- 5,08382.7%White alone
- 1352.2%Black alone
- 260.4%Two or more races
- 180.3%Asian alone
- 60.10%American Indian alone
|From Texas to Estherville, in dire need of employment & housing. (5 replies)|
|Estherville and Wind Energy and Turbine Technology (3 replies)|
|News, Squirrel Vandalized Bikes At Iowa College: Officials (0 replies)|
|Wind turbine technician (2 replies)|
Latest news from Estherville, IA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (30.5%), Norwegian (11.4%), American (8.3%), Dutch (3.3%), English (3.0%), Irish (2.7%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 10/4/1881
Elevation: 1290 feet
Land area: 5.20 square miles.
Population density: 1,177 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Estherville:
- High school or higher: 87.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 16.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.0%
- Unemployed: 4.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 16.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Estherville city:
- Never married: 33.0%
- Now married: 46.8%
- Separated: 1.5%
- Widowed: 7.4%
- Divorced: 11.3%
403 residents are foreign born (5.8% Latin America).
According to our research of Iowa and other state lists there were 14 registered sex offenders living in Estherville, Iowa as of July 24, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Estherville to the number of sex offenders is 444 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $1,554 (1.7%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $1,314 (1.7%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Sioux Falls, SD (95.7 miles , pop. 123,975).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Minneapolis, MN (132.9 miles , pop. 382,618).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (379.7 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Superior, IA (2.4 miles) , Wallingford, IA (2.5 miles ), Gruver, IA (2.6 miles) , Terril, IA (3.1 miles ), Dunnell, MN (3.3 miles) , Dolliver, IA (3.4 miles) , Graettinger, IA (3.5 miles ), Ceylon, MN (3.7 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 8 buildings, average cost: $98,700
- 1998: 4 buildings, average cost: $96,300
- 1999: 4 buildings, average cost: $107,500
- 2000: 5 buildings, average cost: $110,000
- 2001: 7 buildings, average cost: $138,600
- 2002: 8 buildings, average cost: $136,400
- 2003: 6 buildings, average cost: $158,800
- 2004: 8 buildings, average cost: $107,300
- 2005: 5 buildings, average cost: $101,000
- 2006: 5 buildings, average cost: $149,000
- 2007: 2 buildings, average cost: $132,500
- 2009: 1 building, cost: $234,000
- 2010: 4 buildings, average cost: $164,300
- 2011: 2 buildings, average cost: $121,500
- 2012: 5 buildings, average cost: $211,100
- 2013: 1 building, cost: $350,000
- 2014: 1 building, cost: $150,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 43.40 N, Longitude: 94.83 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: -30 (-0.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,893 (63.1%)
Area code: 712
|Crime rates in Estherville by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 286.7)||230.2||256.4||320.4||168.5||178.9||192.3||242.5||139.1||125.8||108.5||143.0||163.5||171.5||181.0||136.5|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Estherville detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.81|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -125 (-1.8%).
- Manufacturing (35%)
- Construction (11%)
- Retail trade (11%)
- Wholesale trade (7%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (7%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (24%)
- Manufacturing (21%)
- Retail trade (14%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Finance and insurance (3%)
- Production occupations (17%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (11%)
- Material moving occupations (10%)
- Sales and related occupations (9%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (8%)
- Management occupations (6%)
- Transportation occupations (6%)
- Sales and related occupations (16%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (13%)
- Production occupations (11%)
- Personal care and service occupations (11%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (9%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (8%)
- Management occupations (5%)
Average climate in Estherville, Iowa
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Estherville-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Iowa state average. It is 66% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/21/1953, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 13.8 miles away from the Estherville city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 5/31/1971, a category F3 tornado 19.9 miles away from the city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Estherville-area historical earthquake activity is near Iowa state average. It is 79% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 167.6 miles away from the city center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 235.1 miles away from Estherville center
On 11/3/2002 at 20:41:56, a magnitude 4.3 (4.3 MB, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 209.9 miles away from the city center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 172.7 miles away from the city center
On 10/25/1990 at 06:25:25, a magnitude 3.9 (3.6 MB, 3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 184.2 miles away from Estherville center
On 2/6/1996 at 15:10:28, a magnitude 3.6 (3.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 150.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Emmet County (13) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 8, Storms: 4, Tornadoes: 3, Winter Storms: 2, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snow: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Sara Gagliardi - Politician, Cuthbert Hurd - Computer scientist, Kay Halloran - Politician, Virgil Frye - Actor children named soleil moon frye.
Hospitals and medical centers in Estherville:
- AVERA HOLY FAMILY HOSPITAL (Voluntary non-profit - Church, provides emergency services, 826 NORTH 8TH STREET)
- AVERA HOLY FAMILY HEALTH HOME HEALTH (826 NORTH EIGHTH STREET)
- EMMET COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH NURSING SERVICES (508 SOUTH 1ST STREET)
- GOOD SAMARITAN SOCIETY - ESTHERVILLE (1646 FIFTH AVENUE NORTH)
- ROSEWOOD MANOR (2001 FIRST AVENUE NORTH)
airports located in Estherville:
- Estherville Municipal Airport (EST) (Runways: 2, Itinerant Ops: 1,785, Local Ops: 7,665)
College/University in Estherville:
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Estherville:
- Buena Vista University (about 56 miles; Storm Lake, IA; Full-time enrollment: 2,522)
- South Central College (about 67 miles; North Mankato, MN; FT enrollment: 2,726)
- Minnesota State University-Mankato (about 67 miles; Mankato, MN; FT enrollment: 13,940)
- Iowa Central Community College (about 71 miles; Fort Dodge, IA; FT enrollment: 4,682)
- Gustavus Adolphus College (about 77 miles; Saint Peter, MN; FT enrollment: 2,496)
- Southwest Minnesota State University (about 87 miles; Marshall, MN; FT enrollment: 3,711)
- North Iowa Area Community College (about 88 miles; Mason City, IA; FT enrollment: 2,235)
Public high school in Estherville:
- ESTHERVILLE LINCOLN CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 396, Location: 1520 CENTRAL AVE, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Estherville:
Notable locations in Estherville: Estherville (A), Riverside Hills Ski Area (B), Estherville Ambulance Service (C), Emmet County Sheriffs Office (D), Estherville Fire Department (E), Estherville Public Library (F), Iowa Lakes Community College Library (G), Emmet County Courthouse (H), Emmet County Historical Society Museum (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Estherville include: Grace Episcopal Church (A), Immanuel Lutheran Church (B), First Presbyterian Church (C), Saint Patricks Church (D), Presbyterian Church (E), Union Baptist Church (F), Church of the Nazarene (G), First Christian Church (H), Calvary Gospel Assembly (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Oak Hill Cemetery (1), East Side Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creek: School Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Parks in Estherville include: Riverside Park (1), Mike Mickelson Park (2), South Fourteenth Street Park (3), South Tenth Street Park (4), North Fourteenth Street Park (5), Thoreson Memorial Park (6), Joe Hoye Park (7), Fort Defiance and Monument Historical Marker (8). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Estherville City - Administrative Offices (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 2 North 7th Street).
Hotels: Sleep Inn - Inn & Suites (2008 Central Avenue), Cozy Grove Motel (1704 Central Avenue), Super 8 Motel (1919 Central Avenue), Four Seasons Greenhouse (309 South 13th Street).
Court: Emmet County - Court Room (Court House).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 59.4. This is better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 32.1. This is about average. Closest monitor was 20.7 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 17.0. This is about average. Closest monitor was 1.0 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 8.10. This is about average. Closest monitor was 1.0 miles away from the city center.
(12.6% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 36.9% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 14.6% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
People in group quarters in Estherville in 2010:
- 242 people in college/university student housing
- 134 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 7 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 7 people in group homes intended for adults
People in group quarters in Estherville in 2000:
- 166 people in nursing homes
- 151 people in college dormitories (includes college quarters off campus)
- 26 people in homes for the mentally retarded
- 22 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
Banks with branches in Estherville (2011 data):
- The Emmet County State Bank: Parking Lot Branch at 501 First Avenue, branch established on 1961/10/23; at 101 North 6th Street, branch established on 1927/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $77.2 mil, Deposits: $69.8 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Mwa Bancorporation
- Northwest Bank: 1119 Central Avenue Branch at 1119 Central Avenue, branch established on 1935/01/01. Info updated 2012/03/07: Bank assets: $863.8 mil, Deposits: $728.0 mil, headquarters in Spencer, IA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 15 total offices, Holding Company: Northwest Financial Corp.
- Bank Plus: at 1202 Central Avenue, branch established on 1947/03/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $82.0 mil, Deposits: $63.4 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Swea City Bancorporation, Inc.
- NorthStar Bank: Northstar Bank at 2202 Central Avenue, branch established on 1997/04/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $85.9 mil, Deposits: $74.2 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Northstar Bancshares, Inc.
- Bank of America, National Association: Estherville Branch at One North 6th Street, branch established on 1963/12/16. Info updated 2009/11/18: Bank assets: $1,451,969.3 mil, Deposits: $1,077,176.8 mil, headquarters in Charlotte, NC, positive income, 5782 total offices, Holding Company: Bank Of America Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Estherville city (based on Emmet County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Emmet County:||3.85 / 10,000 pop.|
|Iowa:||2.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Emmet County:||0.96 / 10,000 pop.|
|Iowa:||0.43 / 10,000 pop.|
|Emmet County:||4.81 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.66 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.01 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Estherville, IA Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||5||$25,018||$60,043||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||12||$52,388||$52,388||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||6||$24,538||$49,076||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||2||$7,554||$45,324||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||2||$6,693||$40,158||2||$1,333|
|Other and Unallocable||1||$4,047||$48,564||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||57||$230,011||$48,423||2||$1,333|
Estherville government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Sewerage: $1,408,000 ($230.03)
Regular Highways: $705,000 ($115.18)
Water Utilities: $283,000 ($46.23)
Electric Utilities: $159,000 ($25.98)
Air Transportation: $77,000 ($12.58)
Parks & Recreation: $21,000 ($3.43)
- Current Operations - Electric Utilities: $2,286,000 ($373.47)
Water Utilities: $722,000 ($117.95)
General - Other: $718,000 ($117.30)
Police Protection: $653,000 ($106.68)
Sewerage: $615,000 ($100.47)
Solid Waste Management: $427,000 ($69.76)
Regular Highways: $395,000 ($64.53)
Libraries: $255,000 ($41.66)
Parks & Recreation: $212,000 ($34.63)
Central Staff Services: $182,000 ($29.73)
Financial Administration: $182,000 ($29.73)
Health Services - Other: $58,000 ($9.48)
Fire Protection: $55,000 ($8.99)
Air Transportation: $48,000 ($7.84)
Judicial and Legal Services: $23,000 ($3.76)
General Public Buildings: $15,000 ($2.45)
Welfare - Other: $2,000 ($0.33)
- General - Interest on Debt: $83,000 ($13.56)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - Police Protection: $54,000 ($8.82)
- Other Capital Outlay - General - Other: $411,000 ($67.15)
Water Utilities: $139,000 ($22.71)
Electric Utilities: $50,000 ($8.17)
Air Transportation: $4,000 ($0.65)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $2,260,000 ($369.22)
Estherville government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Air Transportation: $14,000 ($2.29)
- Charges - Sewerage: $924,000 ($150.96)
Solid Waste Management: $449,000 ($73.35)
Parks & Recreation: $25,000 ($4.08)
All Other: $6,000 ($0.98)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $76,000 ($12.42)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $46,000 ($7.52)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $338,000 ($55.22)
General Revenue, NEC: $69,000 ($11.27)
Special Assessments: $66,000 ($10.78)
Rents: $60,000 ($9.80)
- Revenue - Electric Utilities: $3,781,000 ($617.71)
Water Utilities: $1,131,000 ($184.77)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $533,000 ($87.08)
General Support: $138,000 ($22.55)
All Other: $39,000 ($6.37)
- Tax - Property: $1,729,000 ($282.47)
Public Utilities: $79,000 ($12.91)
NEC: $12,000 ($1.96)
Other Selective Sales: $4,000 ($0.65)
Estherville government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $1,360,000 ($222.19)
- Long Term Debt Issue, Unspecified - Other NEC: $1,465,000 ($239.34)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $2,690,000 ($439.47)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $135,000 ($22.06)
- Short Term Debt Outstanding - Beginning: $2,500,000 ($408.43)
Estherville government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $6,344,000 ($1036.43)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $222,000 ($36.27)
5.50% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($29,944 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Dickinson County, IA||0.67% ($30,615 average AGI)|
|from Martin County, MN||0.34% ($59,231)|
|from Clay County, IA||0.28% ($32,091)|
7.37% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($33,282 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Estherville:
- KILR (1070 AM; daytime; 0 kW; ESTHERVILLE, IA)
- KKOJ (1190 AM; 5 kW; JACKSON, MN; Owner: KLEVEN BROADCASTING CO. OF MINN.)
- KFAN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- KLGA (1600 AM; 5 kW; ALGONA, IA; Owner: WMMP, LLC)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- WHO (1040 AM; 50 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KWMT (540 AM; 5 kW; FORT DODGE, IA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KSTP (1500 AM; 50 kW; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: KSTP-AM, LLC (DELAWARE))
- KOIL (1020 AM; 50 kW; PLATTSMOUTH, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KFAB (1110 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KICD (1240 AM; 1 kW; SPENCER, IA; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF IOWA, LLC)
- KKAR (1290 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Estherville:
- K221DO (92.1 FM; ESTHERVILLE, IA; Owner: REFUGE MEDIA GROUP)
- KUQQ (102.1 FM; MILFORD, IA; Owner: WMMP, LLC)
- KILR-FM (95.9 FM; ESTHERVILLE, IA; Owner: JACOBSON BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KUOO (103.9 FM; SPIRIT LAKE, IA; Owner: WMMP, LLC)
- KDWD (100.1 FM; EMMETSBURG, IA; Owner: JIM DANDY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KRAQ (105.7 FM; JACKSON, MN; Owner: KLEVEN BROADCASTING CO. OF MINNESOTA)
- KTPR (91.1 FM; FORT DODGE, IA; Owner: IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY)
- KFMC-FM (106.5 FM; FAIRMONT, MN; Owner: WOODWARD BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KJIA (88.9 FM; SPIRIT LAKE, IA; Owner: MINN-IOWA CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING INC)
- KLLT (104.9 FM; SPENCER, IA; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF IOWA, LLC)
- KICD-FM (107.7 FM; SPENCER, IA; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF IOWA, LLC)
- K249DL (97.7 FM; SPIRIT LAKE, IA; Owner: LAKES AREA CHRISTIAN RADIO)
TV broadcast stations around Estherville:
- K55FL (Channel 55; SPENCER, IA; Owner: WAITT BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K53EV (Channel 53; JACKSON, MN; Owner: FEDERATED RURAL ELECTRIC ASSOCIATION)
- K23FO (Channel 23; JACKSON, MN; Owner: FEDERATED RURAL ELECTRIC ASSOCIATION)
- K57GE (Channel 57; JACKSON, MN; Owner: FEDERATED RURAL ELECTRIC ASSOCIATION)
- K41EG (Channel 41; JACKSON, MN; Owner: FEDERAL RURAL ELECTRIC ASSN.)
- K45EH (Channel 45; JACKSON, MN; Owner: FEDERATED RURAL ELECTRIC ASSOCIATION)
- K51EN (Channel 51; JACKSON, MN; Owner: FEDERATED RURAL ELECTRIC ASSN.)
- K59FN (Channel 59; JACKSON, MN; Owner: BLUE EARTH - NICOLLET - FARIBAULT COOP. ELEC. ASSOC.)
- K61GE (Channel 61; JACKSON, MN; Owner: BLUE EARTH - NICOLLET - FARIBAULT COOP. ELEC. ASSOC.)
- KTIN (Channel 21; FORT DODGE, IA; Owner: IOWA PUBLIC BROADCASTING BOARD)
- KEYC-TV (Channel 12; MANKATO, MN; Owner: UNITED COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 4Number of bridges
- 24m79ftTotal length
- 13,450Total average daily traffic
- 677Total average daily truck traffic
- 18,115Total future (year 2034) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 21 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Estherville, IA)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 14 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 9 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 25 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Estherville)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 19 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Estherville)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Estherville that have no violations reported:
- ESTHERVILLE WATER TREATMENT PLANT (Population served: 6,422, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 2
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Estherville, Iowa:
- Sleep Inn & Suites, 2008 Central Ave, Estherville, Iowa 51334 , Phone: (712) 362-5522, Fax: (712) 362-5533
- Super 8 Estherville, 1919 Central Ave, Estherville, Iowa 51334 , Phone: (712) 362-2400, Fax: (712) 362-2800
|Most common first names in Estherville, IA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Estherville, IA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (83%)
- Electricity (15%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
|Businesses in Estherville, IA|
|Alco Stores||1||Pizza Hut||1|
Estherville compared to Iowa state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Median age below state average.
Estherville on our top lists:
- #21 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most people taking a bicycle to work (population 5,000+)"
- #32 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #71 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Production occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #97 (51334) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Danish first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"
Total of 2 patent applications in 2008-2017.