We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||43.5 years|
|Illinois median age:||37.9 years|
Zip codes: 62837.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $23,514 (it was $16,791 in 2000)
Fairfield city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $64,763 (it was $44,200 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2016: $571.
Races in Fairfield, IL (2016)
- 4,48491.1%White alone
- 1372.8%Two or more races
- 1112.3%Asian alone
- 841.7%Black alone
- 130.3%American Indian alone
|Sad (254 replies)|
|Very weak housing market in Highland Park (41 replies)|
|Cheap Motels Along Metra Lines? (16 replies)|
|honest property opinion (11 replies)|
|Where are the Chicago Italians?? (133 replies)|
|Oak Park vs. North Shore suburbs (51 replies)|
Latest news from Fairfield, IL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (30.2%), English (9.7%), German (9.5%), Irish (4.2%), Scotch-Irish (2.3%), Welsh (2.1%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 02/26/1884
Elevation: 441 feet
Land area: 3.62 square miles.
Population density: 1,405 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Fairfield:
- High school or higher: 86.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.3%
- Unemployed: 7.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 19.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Fairfield city:
- Never married: 20.7%
- Now married: 50.4%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 11.0%
- Divorced: 16.1%
84 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Illinois and other state lists there were 18 registered sex offenders living in Fairfield, Illinois as of February 19, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Fairfield to the number of sex offenders is 274 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $1,280 (1.8%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $818 (1.4%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Evansville, IN (52.4 miles , pop. 121,582).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Louis, MO (103.0 miles , pop. 348,189).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (242.1 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Jeffersonville, IL (2.2 miles ), Golden Gate, IL (3.0 miles) , Mill Shoals, IL (3.0 miles ), Sims, IL (3.0 miles ), Cisne, IL (3.2 miles ), Burnt Prairie, IL (3.3 miles) , Mount Erie, IL (3.4 miles) , Wayne City, IL (3.5 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 10 buildings, average cost: $96,500
- 1998: 6 buildings, average cost: $85,000
- 1999: 6 buildings, average cost: $87,500
- 2000: 8 buildings, average cost: $93,000
- 2001: 4 buildings, average cost: $98,800
- 2002: 2 buildings, average cost: $87,500
- 2003: 4 buildings, average cost: $134,500
- 2005: 1 building, cost: $99,000
- 2006: 35 buildings, average cost: $147,700
- 2007: 2 buildings, average cost: $202,500
- 2008: 2 buildings, average cost: $122,500
- 2009: 1 building, cost: $115,000
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $50,000
- 2012: 1 building, cost: $250,000
- 2014: 1 building, cost: $270,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 38.38 N, Longitude: 88.37 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,279 (+26.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,122 (53.2%)
Area code: 618
|Crime rates in Fairfield by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 280.5)||248.2||250.0||193.6||207.9||135.4||240.2||306.2||173.1||202.8||202.3||329.8||240.3||207.4||283.0||207.4|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Fairfield detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.79|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -149 (-2.7%).
- Manufacturing (33%)
- Health care and social assistance (10%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Transportation and warehousing (9%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (6%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (33%)
- Educational services (15%)
- Manufacturing (15%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Other services, except public administration (7%)
- Retail trade (7%)
- Finance and insurance (4%)
- Production occupations (17%)
- Material moving occupations (14%)
- Sales and related occupations (10%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (10%)
- Transportation occupations (8%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (4%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (14%)
- Personal care and service occupations (13%)
- Production occupations (12%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (11%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (9%)
- Management occupations (9%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (9%)
Average climate in Fairfield, Illinois
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Fairfield-area historical tornado activity is near Illinois state average. It is 59% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/2/1990, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 10.6 miles away from the Fairfield city center killed one person and injured 12 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 6/2/1990, a category F4 tornado 14.3 miles away from the city center injured 2 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Fairfield-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Illinois state average. It is 75% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 26.5 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 40.1 miles away from Fairfield center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 41.9 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 28.9 miles away from the city center
On 4/3/1974 at 23:05:02, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG) earthquake occurred 20.8 miles away from Fairfield center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 105.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Wayne County (6) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 5
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 5, Tornadoes: 4, Floods: 3, Hurricane: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: William Borah - Politician, Harold A. Garman - Army Medal of Honor recipient.
Medal of Honor Recipients
Medal of Honor Recipient born in Fairfield: Harold A. Garman.
Hospitals and medical centers in Fairfield:
- DYBALL SUNSHINE HOME (PO BOX 176)
- FAIRFIELD MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (Voluntary non-profit - Private, provides emergency services, 303 N W 11TH STREET)
- TRAFFORD ESTATES (813 WEST CENTER)
- FAIRFIELD MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (NORTH WEST 11TH STREET)
- WAY-FAIR NURSING AND REHAB CENTER (305 N.W. 11TH STREET)
- WAY-FAIR RESTORIUM (11 E HARDING ST)
- DAVITA - WAYNE COUNTY (303 N. W. 11TH STREET, SUITE 1)
Airports and heliports located in Fairfield:
- Fairfield Municipal Airport (FWC) (Runways: 2, Air Taxi Ops: 500, Itinerant Ops: 1,500, Local Ops: 6,000)
- Dozier Airport (57IS) (Runways: 1)
- Fairfield Memorial Hospital Heliport (9IL8)
College/University in Fairfield:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Fairfield:
- Wabash Valley College (about 32 miles; Mount Carmel, IL; Full-time enrollment: 2,142)
- Rend Lake College (about 35 miles; Ina, IL; FT enrollment: 2,778)
- Kaskaskia College (about 47 miles; Centralia, IL; FT enrollment: 3,867)
- University of Southern Indiana (about 48 miles; Evansville, IN; FT enrollment: 9,532)
- Vincennes University (about 51 miles; Vincennes, IN; FT enrollment: 9,876)
- University of Evansville (about 54 miles; Evansville, IN; FT enrollment: 2,688)
- John A Logan College (about 59 miles; Carterville, IL; FT enrollment: 3,995)
Public high school in Fairfield:
- FAIRFIELD COMM HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 482, Location: 300 W KING ST, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Fairfield:
- CENTER STREET ELEM SCHOOL (Students: 415, Location: 200 W CENTER ST, Grades: 4-8)
- NORTH SIDE ELEM SCHOOL (Students: 275, Location: 806 N 1ST ST, Grades: PK-3)
- NEW HOPE ELEM SCHOOL (Students: 191, Location: 1804 COUNTY ROAD 445 N, Grades: PK-8)
- JASPER ELEM SCHOOL (Students: 169, Location: 2030 COUNTY ROAD 1020 N, Grades: KG-8)
Notable locations in Fairfield: Fairfield Country Club (A), Fairfield Rural Fire Protection District Station 1 (B), Fairfield Fire Department (C), Fairfield City Hall (D), Fairfield Public Library (E), Wayne County Courthouse (F), Wayne County Ambulance Service (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Fairfield include: Apostolic Faith Church on the Hill (A), Christ Lutheran Church (B), Church of Christ (C), Church of God (D), Church of the Nazarene (E), Church of the Lord Jesus Christ (F), Ellen Moore United Methodist Church (G), First Baptist Church (H), First Christian Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Maple Hill Cemetery (1), Shaeffer Cemetery (2), Curry Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoir: Old Fairfield Reservoir (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Parks in Fairfield include: Southwest Park (1), Leo F French Memorial Park (2), Lakeside Park (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotels: Briarwood Inn of Fairfield (116 Market Avenue), Fairfield Uptown Motel & Diner (201 South 1st Street).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 55.4. This is better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 30.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 25.0 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 8.81. This is about average. Closest monitor was 25.0 miles away from the city center.
(16.2% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 95.2% for Black residents, 29.3% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for American Indian residents, 0.8% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.1 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
People in group quarters in Fairfield in 2010:
- 16 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 4 people in group homes intended for adults
- 2 people in federal detention centers
People in group quarters in Fairfield in 2000:
- 106 people in nursing homes
- 30 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 15 people in other nonhousehold living situations
- 4 people in homes for the mentally retarded
Banks with branches in Fairfield (2011 data):
- First Financial Bank, National Association: Fairfield Branch at 303 West Delaware Street, branch established on 1888/01/01. Info updated 2012/01/04: Bank assets: $2,852.7 mil, Deposits: $2,227.7 mil, headquarters in Terre Haute, IN, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 66 total offices, Holding Company: First Financial Corporation
- The Fairfield National Bank: at 220 East Main Street, branch established on 1903/02/03. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $392.3 mil, Deposits: $287.5 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Fairfield Bancshares, Inc.
- Peoples National Bank , N.A.: Fairfield Branch at 215 Southeast 3rd Street, branch established on 1957/07/06. Info updated 2006/12/14: Bank assets: $883.7 mil, Deposits: $803.4 mil, headquarters in Mount Vernon, IL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 19 total offices, Holding Company: Market Street Bancshares, Inc.
- The Clay City Banking Co.: Fairfield Il Branch at 915 Commerce Drive, branch established on 2012/02/21. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $95.9 mil, Deposits: $77.2 mil, headquarters in Clay City, IL, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Clay City Bank Shares, Inc
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Fairfield city (based on Wayne County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Wayne County:||1.81 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wayne County:||0.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||0.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wayne County:||5.43 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.85 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Fairfield, IL Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||3||$10,638||$42,552||8||$2,293|
|Police Protection - Officers||12||$60,739||$60,739||5||$303|
|Police - Other||4||$16,410||$49,230||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||6||$19,837||$39,674||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||1||$3,071||$36,852||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||12||$42,084||$42,084||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||77||$303,926||$47,365||37||$4,397|
Fairfield government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Libraries: $264,000 ($51.97)
Regular Highways: $235,000 ($46.26)
Water Utilities: $195,000 ($38.39)
Solid Waste Management: $92,000 ($18.11)
- Current Operations - Electric Utilities: $4,305,000 ($847.44)
Gas Utilities: $2,208,000 ($434.65)
Regular Highways: $953,000 ($187.60)
Police Protection: $802,000 ($157.87)
General - Other: $718,000 ($141.34)
Water Utilities: $712,000 ($140.16)
Libraries: $415,000 ($81.69)
Sewerage: $410,000 ($80.71)
Financial Administration: $301,000 ($59.25)
Fire Protection: $270,000 ($53.15)
Air Transportation: $181,000 ($35.63)
Solid Waste Management: $172,000 ($33.86)
Parks & Recreation: $5,000 ($0.98)
- Employee Retirement - Total Cash & Deposits: $1,161,000 ($228.54)
Benefit Payments: $34,000 ($6.69)
- General - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
- Other Capital Outlay - Regular Highways: $175,000 ($34.45)
General - Other: $171,000 ($33.66)
Libraries: $55,000 ($10.83)
Central Staff: $45,000 ($8.86)
Police Protection: $20,000 ($3.94)
Fire Protection: $12,000 ($2.36)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $2,569,000 ($505.71)
Fairfield government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $448,000 ($88.19)
All Other: $257,000 ($50.59)
Solid Waste Management: $156,000 ($30.71)
- Employee Retirement - Interest Revenue: $105,000 ($20.67)
Local Employee Contribution: $8,000 ($1.57)
From Local Government: $5,000 ($0.98)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $67,000 ($13.19)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $82,000 ($16.14)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $381,000 ($75.00)
General Revenue, NEC: $123,000 ($24.21)
- Revenue - Electric Utilities: $4,800,000 ($944.88)
Gas Utilities: $2,658,000 ($523.23)
Water Utilities: $812,000 ($159.84)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $1,335,000 ($262.80)
Highways: $152,000 ($29.92)
All Other: $73,000 ($14.37)
- Tax - Property: $601,000 ($118.31)
Public Utilities: $98,000 ($19.29)
NEC: $48,000 ($9.45)
Fairfield government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $8,254,000 ($1624.80)
3.69% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($33,974 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Clay County, IL||0.58% ($35,417 average AGI)|
|from Jefferson County, IL||0.50% ($35,484)|
|from Edwards County, IL||0.23% ($36,571)|
4.34% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,321 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Fairfield:
- WFIW (1390 AM; 1 kW; FAIRFIELD, IL; Owner: WAYNE COUNTY BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- KMOX (1120 AM; 50 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCL (1060 AM; 3 kW; MCLEANSBORO, IL; Owner: DANA COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WILY (1210 AM; daytime; 10 kW; CENTRALIA, IL; Owner: W. RUSSELL WITHERS, JR.)
- WMIX (940 AM; 5 kW; MOUNT VERNON, IL; Owner: WITHERS BROADCASTING CO OF ILLINOIS)
- WDDD (810 AM; 10 kW; JOHNSTON CITY, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WSDZ (1260 AM; 20 kW; BELLEVILLE, IL)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WIBC (1070 AM; 50 kW; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WVHI (1330 AM; 5 kW; EVANSVILLE, IN)
- WGGH (1150 AM; 5 kW; MARION, IL)
Strongest FM radio stations in Fairfield:
- WFIW-FM (104.9 FM; FAIRFIELD, IL; Owner: WAYNE COUNTY BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WOKZ (105.9 FM; FAIRFIELD, IL; Owner: WAYNE COUNTY BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WBJW (91.7 FM; ALBION, IL; Owner: MUSIC MINISTRIES INC)
- WRUL (97.3 FM; CARMI, IL; Owner: CARMI BROADCASTING CO.)
- WBMV (89.7 FM; MOUNT VERNON, IL; Owner: ILLINOIS BIBLE INSTITUTE, INC)
- WNOI (103.9 FM; FLORA, IL; Owner: H & R COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Fairfield:
- WUSI-TV (Channel 16; OLNEY, IL; Owner: BD. OF TRUSTEES SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY)
- WNOI-LP (Channel 24; FLORA, IL; Owner: H & R COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 8Number of bridges
- 7m23ftTotal length
- 14,725Total average daily traffic
- 1,156Total average daily truck traffic
- 15,577Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 20 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Fairfield, IL)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 9 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 37 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Fairfield)
FAA Registered Aircraft Manufacturers and Dealers: 1 (See the full list of FAA Registered Manufacturers and Dealers in Fairfield)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 13 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Fairfield and their reported violations in the past:FAIRFIELD (Population served: 6,314, Surface water):
Past monitoring violations:
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between APR-2014 and JUN-2014, Contaminant: Chloramine. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUN-11-2014), St Public Notif requested (JUN-11-2014)
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between APR-2010 and JUN-2010, Contaminant: Chloramine. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUN-16-2010), St Compliance achieved (JUN-22-2010)
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between JAN-2009 and MAR-2009, Contaminant: Chlorite. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (APR-13-2009), St Violation/Reminder Notice (APR-13-2009), St Compliance achieved (MAY-13-2009), St Public Notif received (MAR-31-2010)
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between JAN-2007 and MAR-2007, Contaminant: Chloramine. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (FEB-12-2007), St Violation/Reminder Notice (FEB-15-2007)
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - In DEC-2006, Contaminant: Chlorite. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (JAN-11-2007), St Compliance achieved (JAN-19-2007), St Public Notif received (JUN-04-2007)
- 3 minor monitoring violations
- 11 other older monitoring violations
Drinking water stations with addresses in Fairfield that have no violations reported:
- BOYLESTON WATERWORKS CORP (Population served: 874, Primary Water Source Type: Purch surface water)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 69
- Hazardous Condition: 6
- Service Call: 1
- Good Intent Call: 1
Incident types - Fairfield
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Fairfield, Illinois:
- Briarwood Inn, 116 N Market St, Fairfield, Illinois 62837 , Phone: (618) 842-3667, Fax: (618) 842-2678
- Fairfield Uptown Motel, 201 S 1ST St, Fairfield, Illinois 62837 , Phone: (618) 842-2191, Fax: (618) 842-7270
|Most common first names in Fairfield, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Fairfield, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (74%)
- Electricity (24%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
- Wood (1%)
|Businesses in Fairfield, IL|
Fairfield compared to Illinois state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Fairfield on our top lists:
- #62 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #71 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest city-data.com crime index increase from 2011 to 2012 (population 5,000+)"
- #49 (62837) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of taxpayers using paid preparers for 2012 taxes (pop 5,000+)"
- #94 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating from other counties between 2010 and 2011"
Total of 3 patent applications in 2008-2018.