|Median resident age:||39.4 years|
|Illinois median age:||39.6 years|
Zip codes: 61841.
Fairmount village income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $80,223 (it was $53,200 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $725.
- White alone - 632 (98.4%)
- Two or more races - 7 (1.1%)
- Black alone - 1 (0.2%)
- Asian alone - 1 (0.2%)
- Hispanic - 1 (0.2%)
|Possible move to Chicago ..insight please (46 replies)|
|Downers Grove area? (9 replies)|
|Mead in Beverely? (21 replies)|
|New proposal for the tallest building in the U.S.A. to be built in Chicago (89 replies)|
|Parking Near Hyatt Regency Chicago.. (8 replies)|
|Madison-Fairmount Connection (0 replies)|
Latest news from Fairmount, IL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: United States (40.6%), English (15.0%), German (13.5%), Irish (5.6%), Dutch (3.5%), Scottish (2.9%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 07/11/1894
Elevation: 665 feet
Land area: 0.31 square miles.
Population density: 2,026 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Fairmount:
- High school or higher: 85.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 8.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.1%
- Unemployed: 4.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 25.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Fairmount village:
- Never married: 18.7%
- Now married: 53.7%
- Separated: 3.3%
- Widowed: 10.6%
- Divorced: 13.7%
3 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $2,154 (2.5%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $782 (1.1%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Champaign, IL (23.3 miles , pop. 67,518).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Indianapolis, IN (91.0 miles , pop. 781,870).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (124.4 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Muncie, IL (2.2 miles) , Fithian, IL (2.3 miles ), Oakwood, IL (2.3 miles ), Catlin, IL (2.6 miles ), Homer, IL (2.6 miles ), Ogden, IL (2.9 miles ), Sidell, IL (3.0 miles ), Indianola, IL (3.1 miles ).
Latitude: 40.05 N, Longitude: 87.83 W
Area code: 217
|Crime rates in Fairmount by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 301.1)||6.5||13.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||12.9||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||6.7||25.9||13.0|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Fairmount detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (24%)
- Wholesale trade (20%)
- Construction (13%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Transportation and warehousing (12%)
- Health care and social assistance (5%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (4%)
- Retail trade (19%)
- Health care and social assistance (14%)
- Accommodation and food services (13%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (10%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Manufacturing (6%)
- Material moving workers except supervisors and laborers and material movers, hand (10%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (9%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (9%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (6%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (6%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (6%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Cashiers (15%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (7%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (6%)
- Child care workers (6%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (6%)
- Librarians, curators, and archivists (4%)
Average climate in Fairmount, Illinois
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Fairmount-area historical tornado activity is near Illinois state average. It is 75% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/20/1976, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 13.3 miles away from the Fairmount village center injured 18 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 4/3/1974, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 5.8 miles away from the village center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Fairmount-area historical earthquake activity is near Illinois state average. It is 82% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 110.2 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 84.7 miles away from Fairmount center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 142.4 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 108.5 miles away from the city center
On 4/3/1974 at 23:05:02, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG) earthquake occurred 101.5 miles away from Fairmount center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK) earthquake occurred 244.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Vermilion County (8) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 6
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 6, Floods: 4, Tornadoes: 3, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snow: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Fairmount:
- VERMILION MANOR NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; DANVILLE, IL)
- COLONIAL MANOR (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; DANVILLE, IL)
- DANVILLE POLYCLINIC, LTD. (Home Health Center, about 12 miles away; DANVILLE, IL)
- PROVENA HOME CARE DANVILLE (Home Health Center, about 12 miles away; DANVILLE, IL)
- PRESENCE UNITED SAMARITANS MEDICAL CENTER Acute Care Hospitals (about 12 miles away; DANVILLE, IL)
- PROVENA HOSPICE (Hospital, about 12 miles away; DANVILLE, IL)
- UNITED SAMARITANS MED CENTER-LOGAN (Hospital, about 12 miles away; DANVILLE, IL)
Airports located in Fairmount:
- Cast Airport (Runways: 1)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Fairmount:
- Danville Area Community College (about 15 miles; Danville, IL; Full-time enrollment: 2,229)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (about 22 miles; Champaign, IL; FT enrollment: 47,528)
- Parkland College (about 26 miles; Champaign, IL; FT enrollment: 7,326)
- Eastern Illinois University (about 44 miles; Charleston, IL; FT enrollment: 9,414)
- Indiana State University (about 46 miles; Terre Haute, IN; FT enrollment: 10,925)
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (about 48 miles; Terre Haute, IN; FT enrollment: 2,123)
- Lake Land College (about 52 miles; Mattoon, IL; FT enrollment: 7,499)
Notable location: Fairmount - Vance Township Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Fairmount include: Fairmount United Methodist Church (A), First Baptist Church (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 68.3. This is about average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2000 was 2.04. This is about average. Closest monitor was 11.3 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 26.6. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 21.8 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 9.62. This is about average. Closest monitor was 21.8 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Fairmount and their reported violations in the past:FAIRMOUNT (Population served: 690, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between OCT-2010 and DEC-2010, Contaminant: Chlorine. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (NOV-16-2010), St Violation/Reminder Notice (NOV-16-2010), St Compliance achieved (DEC-09-2010), St Public Notif received (JUL-05-2011)
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between APR-2009 and JUN-2009, Contaminant: Chlorine. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUN-11-2009), St Compliance achieved (JUN-15-2009)
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between JUL-2008 and SEP-2008, Contaminant: Chlorine. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (SEP-18-2008), St Compliance achieved (SEP-25-2008)
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between JAN-2007 and MAR-2007, Contaminant: Chlorine. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (MAR-15-2007), St Compliance achieved (MAR-18-2007)
- 2 routine major monitoring violations
(11.9% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 0.0% for two or more races residents)
|This village:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Fairmount compared to Illinois state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Banks with branches in Fairmount (2011 data):
- Illinois National Bank: Fairmont Branch at 109 Main Street, branch established on 1999/06/21. Info updated 2008/03/27: Bank assets: $549.0 mil, Deposits: $492.6 mil, headquarters in Springfield, IL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 12 total offices, Holding Company: Illinois National Bancorp, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (78%)
- Electricity (17%)
- Wood (4%)
- Other fuel (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Fairmount village (based on Vermilion County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 39.87%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Catholic Church||United Methodist Church||Church of the Nazarene||Lutheran Church|
|Name||American Baptist Churches in the USA||New Testament Association Independent Baptist Churches/Other Fundamental Baptists||Charismatic Churches Independent||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Vermilion County:||1.97 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vermilion County:||5.05 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||1||$4,497||$53,964||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||1||$9,611||$115,332||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||1||$2,929||$35,148||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||4||$23,204||$69,612||8||$10,976|
Fairmount government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Regular Highways: $9,000 ($14.26)
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $68,000 ($107.77)
Regular Highways: $53,000 ($83.99)
General Public Buildings: $28,000 ($44.37)
Police Protection: $24,000 ($38.03)
Fire Protection: $22,000 ($34.87)
Health Services - Other: $3,000 ($4.75)
Parks & Recreation: $2,000 ($3.17)
Financial Administration: $1,000 ($1.58)
- Other Capital Outlay - Fire Protection: $12,000 ($19.02)
Police Protection: $11,000 ($17.43)
Central Staff: $4,000 ($6.34)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $38,000 ($60.22)
Fairmount government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $20,000 ($31.70)
General Revenue, NEC: $13,000 ($20.60)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $48,000 ($76.07)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $92,000 ($145.80)
Highways: $18,000 ($28.53)
- Tax - Property: $19,000 ($30.11)
NEC: $1,000 ($1.58)
Fairmount government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $455,000 ($721.08)
3.71% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,871 average adjusted gross income)
0.03% of residents moved from foreign countries ($544 average AGI)
Vermilion County: 0.03% Illinois average: 0.03%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Champaign County, IL||0.70% ($28,860 average AGI)|
|from Cook County, IL||0.44% ($17,705)|
|from Iroquois County, IL||0.12% ($32,486)|
4.27% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,434 average adjusted gross income)
0.03% of residents moved to foreign countries ($349 average AGI)
Vermilion County: 0.03% Illinois average: 0.07%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Fairmount:
- WILL (580 AM; 5 kW; URBANA, IL; Owner: UNIV. OF ILLINOIS BOARD OF TRUSTEES)
- WITY (980 AM; 1 kW; DANVILLE, IL; Owner: VERMILION BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WIBC (1070 AM; 50 kW; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WLS (890 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WLS, INC.)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WDAN (1490 AM; 1 kW; DANVILLE, IL; Owner: NEUHOFF BROADCASTING - DANVILLE, INC)
- WYLL (1160 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: SCA LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMVP (1000 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WLBH (1170 AM; daytime; 5 kW; MATTOON, IL; Owner: MATTOON BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Fairmount:
- WGNJ (89.3 FM; ST. JOSEPH, IL; Owner: GOOD NEWS RADIO, INC.)
- WXLS (99.1 FM; DANVILLE, IL; Owner: I.A.I. BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WDNL (102.1 FM; DANVILLE, IL; Owner: NEUHOFF BROADCASTING - DANVILLE, INC)
- WKIO (92.5 FM; URBANA, IL; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ILLINOIS, LLC)
- WIXY (100.3 FM; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ILLINOIS, LLC)
- WBGL (91.7 FM; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: ILLINOIS BIBLE INSTITUTE,INC)
- WEVX (95.3 FM; RANTOUL, IL; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- WLRW (94.5 FM; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ILLINOIS, LLC)
- WGKC (105.9 FM; MAHOMET, IL; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- WRHK (94.9 FM; DANVILLE, IL; Owner: NEUHOFF BROADCASTING - DANVILLE, INC)
- WHMS-FM (97.5 FM; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: D.W.S., INC.)
- WQQB (96.1 FM; RANTOUL, IL; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- WKZS (103.1 FM; COVINGTON, IN; Owner: BENTON-WEATHERFORD BROADCASTING , INC., OF IN.)
- WACF (98.5 FM; PARIS, IL; Owner: P.R.S. BROADCASTING, INC.)
- W293AF (106.5 FM; DANVILLE, IL; Owner: TRUSTEES OF UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS)
- WFOF (90.3 FM; COVINGTON, IN; Owner: DOXA, INCORP.)
- WPCD (88.7 FM; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: PARKLAND COLLEGE)
TV broadcast stations around Fairmount:
- WICD (Channel 15; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: WICD LICENSEE, LLC)
- WCIA (Channel 3; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: NEXSTAR BROADCASTING OF CHAMPAIGN, L.L.C.)
- W52BR (Channel 52; CHAMPAIGN-URBANA, IL; Owner: MARCIA COHEN)
- W58DA (Channel 58; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- W34CD (Channel 34; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WCCU (Channel 27; URBANA, IL; Owner: URBANA-CHAMPAIGN BROADCASTING PARTNERS)
- W31BX (Channel 31; DANVILLE, IL; Owner: WAND(TV) PARTNERSHIP)
- WILL-TV (Channel 12; URBANA, IL; Owner: UNIV. OF ILLINOIS BD. OF TRUSTEES)
- W07DD (Channel 7; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- W32CM (Channel 32; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: VENTANA TELEVISION, INC.)
- WBXC-CA (Channel 46; CHAMPAIGN/URBANA, IL; Owner: THE BOX WORLDWIDE LLC)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:2
- 3 Mi Se (Lat: 40.006694 Lon: -87.786417), Call Sign: KNBB548, Licensee ID: L00053806
Assigned Frequencies: 157.725 MHz
Grant Date: 03/08/1996, Expiration Date: 04/24/2001, Cancellation Date: 06/24/2001
Registrant: Alan Puzey, Rr 1 Box 287, Fairmount, IL 61841, Phone: (217) 733-2403
- 7 Mi Sw I I 74 & R 1 (Lat: 40.014750 Lon: -87.783361), Call Sign: KZJ567, Licensee ID: L00024550
Assigned Frequencies: 152.990 MHz
Grant Date: 04/13/2001, Expiration Date: 04/29/2011, Cancellation Date: 07/02/2011
Registrant: Paul Darr Farms, Rr 1 Box 286, Fairmount, IL 61841
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:1
- Various Locations (Lat: 40.046972 Lon: -87.830861), Overall height: 6.1 m, Call Sign: WNTW413, Licensee ID: L00838286
Assigned Frequencies: 956.306 MHz
Grant Date: 11/04/1999, Expiration Date: 10/18/2009, Cancellation Date: 09/03/2009, Certifier: Gerald Bednar
Registrant: Ameren Services Company
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:5
- Call Sign: KA9BUA, Licensee ID: L01341670
Grant Date: 11/15/2007, Expiration Date: 02/09/2018
Registrant: Olive J Lomax, 14700 N 875 E Rd, Fairmount, IL 61841-6311
- Call Sign: N0CUJ, Licensee ID: L01134764
Grant Date: 03/30/2006, Expiration Date: 06/12/2016, Certifier: Tony A Nash
Registrant: Tony A Nash, 13806 N 920 E Rd, Fairmount, IL 61841
- Call Sign: WD9AFI, Licensee ID: L00073144
Grant Date: 06/01/2005, Expiration Date: 08/11/2015
Registrant: Darold J Street, Fairmount, IL 61841-0151
- Call Sign: WD9IOL, Licensee ID: L01341638
Grant Date: 11/15/2007, Expiration Date: 02/09/2018
Registrant: Oscar D Lomax, 14700 N 875 E Rd, Fairmount, IL 61841-6311
- Call Sign: KC9LDI, Licensee ID: L01259371
Grant Date: 03/21/2007, Expiration Date: 03/21/2017, Certifier: Scott A Dowers
Registrant: Scott A Dowers, 403 E. Chandler St. Apt. 4, Fairmount, IL 61841
FAA Registered Aircraft:2
- Aircraft: TRUSTY-RANS S4 (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: ROTAX 447 (40 HP) (2 Cycle)
N-Number: 51424 , Serial Number: 123, Year manufactured: 1989, Airworthiness Date: 09/06/2007
Registrant (Individual): Thomas Foutch, 9455 Camp Drake Rd, Fairmount, IL 61841
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-28-140 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 107 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 95395 , Serial Number: 28-25918, Year manufactured: 1969, Airworthiness Date: 05/15/1969
Registrant (Individual): Ralph A Jr Cast, Rr 1 Po Box 85, Fairmount, IL 61841
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 3
|Most common first names in Fairmount, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Fairmount, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Businesses in Fairmount, IL
- MasterBrand Cabinets: 1
Fairmount on our top lists:
- #11 on the list of "Top 100 safest cities (lowest city-data.com crime index)"
- #30 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Motor vehicle, parts and supplies merchant wholesalers"
- #38 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Vending machine operators"
- #53 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Supervisors, construction and extraction workers"
- #68 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Grocery and related product merchant wholesalers"
- #80 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest ratio of murders to rapes between 2001 and 2006"
- #83 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Community and social services occupations:"
- #86 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Health technologists and technicians"
- #88 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating from other counties between 2005 and 2006"
- #88 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest number of deaths per 1000 residents 2000-2003 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #100 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of people moving out compared to moving in (pop. 50,000+)"
Total of 6 patent applications in 2008-2015.