We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||39.0 years|
|Vermont median age:||37.7 years|
Zip codes: 05456.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $36,440 (it was $23,066 in 2000)
Ferrisburg town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $295,734 (it was $140,800 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $308,676; Detached houses: $324,138; Townhouses or other attached units: $202,786; In 2-unit structures: $576,099; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $325,560; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $661,224; Mobile homes: $104,728
Races in Ferrisburg, VT (2000)
- 2,58197.1%White alone
- 321.2%Two or more races
- 130.5%Asian alone
- 110.4%American Indian alone
- 50.2%Black alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- The decline of the U.S. Agriculture industry visualized Apr 23
- The revenues and net sales of Samsonite Apr 21
- Crowfunding is a fast-increasing market Apr 19
- The number of jobs in Construction is falling across the U.S. Apr 17
- Higher local employment numbers lead to higher payrolls, especially in finance Apr 15
Ancestries: English (19.1%), French (13.7%), Irish (12.7%), French Canadian (12.5%), United States (10.3%), German (7.0%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Land area: 47.8 square miles.
Population density: 57 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Ferrisburg:
- High school or higher: 88.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 32.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 11.9%
- Unemployed: 2.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 25.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Ferrisburg town:
- Never married: 19.2%
- Now married: 63.6%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 4.6%
- Divorced: 11.6%
133 residents are foreign born (2.1% Europe, 2.0% North America, 0.7% Asia).
According to our research of Vermont and other state lists there were 2 registered sex offenders living in Ferrisburg, Vermont as of April 23, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Ferrisburg to the number of sex offenders is 1,354 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Ferrisburg town:||1.4% ($2,015)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Schenectady, NY (102.2 miles , pop. 61,821).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (169.7 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (234.0 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Ferrisburgh, VT (0.9 miles ), Vergennes, VT (1.5 miles ), Waltham, VT (2.0 miles ), Panton, VT (2.2 miles ), Monkton, VT (2.6 miles ), New Haven, VT (2.8 miles ), Charlotte, VT (2.8 miles ), Essex, NY (3.0 miles ).
Latitude: 44.20 N, Longitude: 73.26 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 802
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (14%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (10%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (6%)
- Educational services (4%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (4%)
- Computer and electronic products (4%)
- Metal and metal products (4%)
- Educational services (16%)
- Health care (13%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (8%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Food and beverage stores (4%)
- Social assistance (4%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (6%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (6%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (5%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (4%)
- Farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Registered nurses (5%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (4%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (4%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Health technologists and technicians (4%)
- Counselors, social workers, and other community and social service specialists (4%)
Average climate in Ferrisburg, Vermont
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Ferrisburg-area historical earthquake activity is near Vermont state average. It is 89% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 30.2 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 56.5 miles away from Ferrisburg center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 95.9 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 11:04:42, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, 3.7 ML, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 29.3 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2000 at 08:46:55, a magnitude 4.0 (4.0 LG, 3.8 ML, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 52.5 miles away from Ferrisburg center
On 6/16/1995 at 12:13:11, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 66.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Addison County (19) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 16
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 13, Storms: 12, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Landslide: 1, Snow: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Tornado: 1, Tropical Storm: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Stewart Van Vliet - Union army general.
Hospitals and medical centers near Ferrisburg:
- CLARK NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 3 miles away; VERGENNES, VT)
- WAKE ROBIN-LINDEN NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; SHELBURNE, VT)
- HELEN PORTER HEALTHCARE AND REHAB (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; MIDDLEBURY, VT)
- PORTER HOSPITAL, INC Critical Access Hospitals (about 15 miles away; MIDDLEBURY, VT)
Amtrak stations near Ferrisburg:
- 10 miles: WESTPORT (HWY. 9 N. & D&H RAILROAD TRACKS) . Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking.
- 16 miles: PORT HENRY (RTE. 9 NORTH & RTE. 22) . Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Ferrisburg:
- Middlebury College (about 14 miles; Middlebury, VT; Full-time enrollment: 3,077)
- Champlain College (about 20 miles; Burlington, VT; FT enrollment: 2,623)
- University of Vermont (about 20 miles; Burlington, VT; FT enrollment: 11,566)
- Community College of Vermont (about 21 miles; Winooski, VT; FT enrollment: 3,394)
- Saint Michael's College (about 21 miles; Colchester, VT; FT enrollment: 2,336)
- Norwich University (about 31 miles; Northfield, VT; FT enrollment: 4,221)
- SUNY College at Plattsburgh (about 36 miles; Plattsburgh, NY; FT enrollment: 5,934)
Notable locations in Ferrisburg: North Ferrisburgh Station (A), Basin Harbor Golf Course (B), Allendale Farm (C), Allandra Farm (D), Westport View Farm (E), Pastureview Farm (F), Essex Farm (G), Crazy Acres Farm (H), Hatch Farm (I), Rokeby Museum Special Collections Library (J), Robeby Museum (K), Button Bay Nature Center (L), Lake Champlain Maritime Museum (M), Ferrisburgh Volunteer Fire Department (N). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Ferrisburg include: Assembly of God Christian Center (A), Ferrisburg Community Church (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Collins Cemetery (1), Gage Cemetery (2), Basin Harbor-Beach Cemetery (3), Kellogg-Field Cemetery (4), Newton Cemetery (5), Paya-Oppenheim Cemetery (6), Warner Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creeks: South Slang Creek (A), Goose Creek (B), Dead Creek (C), Lewis Creek (D), Otter Creek (E), East Slang Creek (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Ferrisburg include: Little Otter Creek Wildlife Management Area (1), Kings Bay State Park (2), Dead Creek Wildlife Management Area (3), Button Bay State Park (4). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotel: Skyview Motel (2956 Route Seven) (1). Display/hide its approximate location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 37.3. This is significantly better than average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2013 was 0.528. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 19.3 miles away from the city center.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 6.32. This is about average. Closest monitor was 19.3 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2004 was 2.59. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 14.5 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2011 was 12.8. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 19.3 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 6.07. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 19.3 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Ferrisburg town (based on Addison County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Addison County:||4.64 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vermont:||3.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|Addison County:||1.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vermont:||1.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Addison County:||6.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.45 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.52 / 10,000 pop.|
5.56% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($42,955 average adjusted gross income)
0.13% of residents moved from foreign countries ($262 average AGI)
Addison County: 0.13% Vermont average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Chittenden County, VT||1.68% ($37,800 average AGI)|
|from Rutland County, VT||0.55% ($32,122)|
|from Washington County, VT||0.24% ($26,528)|
5.88% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,680 average adjusted gross income)
0.15% of residents moved to foreign countries ($638 average AGI)
Addison County: 0.15% Vermont average: 0.06%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Ferrisburg:
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WVMT (620 AM; 5 kW; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: SISON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WDEV (550 AM; 5 kW; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WVAA (1390 AM; 5 kW; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, KDR, LLC)
- WICY (1490 AM; 50 kW; MALONE, NY; Owner: CARTIER COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WEAV (960 AM; 5 kW; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTWK (1070 AM; daytime; 5 kW; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WIRD (920 AM; 5 kW; LAKE PLACID, NY; Owner: RADIO LAKE PLACID INC)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WFAD (1490 AM; 1 kW; MIDDLEBURY, VT; Owner: ADDISON BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WPTR (1540 AM; 50 kW; ALBANY, NY; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Ferrisburg:
- WDEV-FM (96.1 FM; WARREN, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WIZN (106.7 FM; VERGENNES, VT; Owner: BURLINGTON BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- WXZO (96.7 FM; WILLSBORO, NY; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WCVT (101.7 FM; STOWE, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT CLASSICS, L.L.C.)
- WVPS (107.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WEZF (92.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WNCS (104.7 FM; MONTPELIER, VT; Owner: MONTPELIER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WLKC (103.3 FM; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO BROADCASTING SERVICES, INC.)
- WWFY (100.9 FM; BERLIN, VT; Owner: VOX ALLEGANY, LLC)
- WCLX (102.5 FM; WESTPORT, NY; Owner: WESTPORT BROADCASTING)
- WGLY-FM (91.5 FM; BOLTON, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WEBK (105.3 FM; KILLINGTON, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WJJR (98.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WZRT (97.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WGLV (91.7 FM; WOODSTOCK, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES INC)
- WHDQ-FM1 (106.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WCEL (91.9 FM; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Owner: WAMC)
- WEXP (101.5 FM; BRANDON, VT; Owner: VOX VERMONT, L.L.C.)
- WCPV (101.3 FM; ESSEX, NY; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WJEN (94.5 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Ferrisburg:
- W19BR (Channel 19; MONKTON, VT; Owner: PLATTSBURGH PARTNERS)
- W25BT (Channel 25; MONKTON, VT; Owner: MOUNTAIN LAKES PUB.TELECOMM.COUNCIL)
- W62BY (Channel 62; MONKTON, VT; Owner: VERMONT WIRELESS COOPERATIVE)
- W64BP (Channel 64; MONKTON, VT; Owner: VERMONT WIRELESS COOPERATIVE)
- W66BX (Channel 66; MONKTON, VT; Owner: VERMONT WIRELESS COOPERATIVE)
- W68CK (Channel 68; MONKTON, VT; Owner: VERMONT WIRELESS COOPERATIVE)
- WPTZ (Channel 5; NORTH POLE, NY; Owner: HEARST-ARGYLE STATIONS, INC.)
- W16AL (Channel 16; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- W60AO (Channel 60; PORT HENRY, NY; Owner: MOUNTAIN LAKES PUB.TELECOMM.COUNCIL)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 13Number of bridges
- 39m128ftTotal length
- $9,056,000Total costs
- 30,150Total average daily traffic
- 2,568Total average daily truck traffic
- 42,633Total future (year 2015) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:5
- Call Sign: KD1E, Previous Call Sign: AA5AC, Licensee ID: L01202516, Grant Date: 01/07/1999, Expiration Date: 01/07/2009, Cancellation Date: 11/04/2006, Registrant: Keith P Darwin, 801 Middlebrook Rd, Ferrisburg, VT 05456
- Call Sign: N1GFQ, Grant Date: 01/24/1989, Expiration Date: 01/24/1999, Cancellation Date: 01/25/2001, Registrant: Bruce J Hartigan, Ferrimont Orchard Route 7, Ferrisburg, VT 05456
- Call Sign: N5ZJM, Grant Date: 08/18/1998, Expiration Date: 08/18/2008, Cancellation Date: 08/19/2010, Registrant: Heather K Darwin, 801 Middlebrook Rd, Ferrisburg, VT 05456
- Call Sign: KB1NQF, Licensee ID: L01156041, Grant Date: 05/26/2006, Expiration Date: 05/26/2016, Certifier: George R Gardner, Registrant: George R Gardner, 884 Old Hollow Rd, N Ferrisburg, VT 05473
- Call Sign: KC1APL, Licensee ID: L01820769, Grant Date: 10/29/2013, Expiration Date: 10/29/2023, Certifier: Ivor Hughes, Registrant: Ivor Hughes, 212 Rotax Rd, N Ferrisburg, VT 05473
Drinking water stations with addresses in Ferrisburg and their reported violations in the past:DAKIN FARMS (Address: 5797 ROUTE 7 , Population served: 400, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- One routine major monitoring violation
- One regular monitoring violation
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (67%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (23%)
- Wood (9%)
- Electricity (2%)
Ferrisburg compared to Vermont state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
Total of 6 patent applications in 2008-2017.