Five Points, Tennessee
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||36.1 years|
|Tennessee median age:||35.9 years|
Zip code: 38457
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $19,076 (it was $15,626 in 2000)
Five Points CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $89,186 (it was $65,800 in 2000)
Races in Five Points, TN (2000)
- 1,90097.5%White alone
- 231.2%Two or more races
- 120.6%Asian alone
- 40.2%American Indian alone
- 10.05%Black alone
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 62.4 square miles.
Population density: 32 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Five Points:
- High school or higher: 65.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 4.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.3%
- Unemployed: 8.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 32.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Five Points CCD:
- Never married: 14.4%
- Now married: 68.5%
- Separated: 2.2%
- Widowed: 7.8%
- Divorced: 9.3%
According to our research of Tennessee and other state lists there were 3 registered sex offenders living in Five Points, Tennessee as of February 07, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Five Points to the number of sex offenders is 664 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Five Points CCD:||0.6% ($380)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Decatur, AL (37.2 miles , pop. 53,929).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Nashville-Davidson, TN (82.6 miles , pop. 545,524).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (470.4 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Lexington, AL (2.6 miles ), Leoma, TN (2.6 miles ), Loretto, TN (2.8 miles ), Minor Hill, TN (2.8 miles ), Anderson, AL (3.0 miles ), Lester, AL (3.2 miles) , St. Joseph, TN (3.3 miles ), Salem, AL (3.5 miles ).
Latitude: 35.05 N, Longitude: 87.31 W
Area code: 931
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (20%)
- Transportation equipment (13%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (9%)
- Repair and maintenance (9%)
- Metal and metal products (6%)
- Paper (5%)
- Machinery (4%)
- Apparel, fabrics, and notions merchant wholesalers (12%)
- Transportation equipment (11%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (9%)
- Health care (9%)
- Educational services (8%)
- Apparel (6%)
- Construction (4%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (13%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (10%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (10%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Supervisors of construction and extraction workers (6%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (6%)
- Farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (17%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (8%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Cashiers (6%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (6%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (5%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (4%)
Average climate in Five Points, Tennessee
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Five Points-area historical tornado activity is above Tennessee state average. It is 115% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/3/1974, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 28.2 miles away from the Five Points place center killed 16 people and injured 190 people.
On 5/18/1995, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 10.1 miles away from the place center killed 3 people and injured 32 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Five Points-area historical earthquake activity is near Tennessee state average. It is 77% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 102.9 miles away from the city center
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 113.6 miles away from Five Points center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 237.7 miles away from the city center
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG) earthquake occurred 175.0 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 175.7 miles away from Five Points center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 192.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Lawrence County (14) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 12
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 8, Storms: 7, Tornadoes: 6, Winter Storms: 3, Heavy Rains: 2, Winds: 2, Flash Flood: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snowfall: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Five Points:
- FMC LAWRENCEBURG (Dialysis Facility, about 13 miles away; LAWRENCEBURG, TN)
- NHC HEALTHCARE, LAWRENCEBURG (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; LAWRENCEBURG, TN)
- LAUDERDALE CHRISTIAN NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; KILLEN, AL)
- NHC HEALTHCARE, SCOTT (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; LAWRENCEBURG, TN)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Five Points:
- Athens State University (about 26 miles; Athens, AL; Full-time enrollment: 2,771)
- University of North Alabama (about 27 miles; Florence, AL; FT enrollment: 5,886)
- Northwest-Shoals Community College (about 30 miles; Muscle Shoals, AL; FT enrollment: 2,702)
- John C Calhoun State Community College (about 35 miles; Tanner, AL; FT enrollment: 7,911)
- Columbia State Community College (about 42 miles; Columbia, TN; FT enrollment: 3,383)
- University of Alabama in Huntsville (about 45 miles; Huntsville, AL; FT enrollment: 6,006)
- Alabama A & M University (about 46 miles; Normal, AL; FT enrollment: 4,524)
Notable locations in Five Points: Parrott Poultry Farm (A), Southeast Lawrence County Volunteer Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Five Points include: Lindsey Church (A), Union Hill Congregational Methodist Church (B), Five Points Church of Christ (C), Mount Zion Church (D), Appleton Church (E), Bishop Chapel (F), Ramah Baptist Church (G), Five Points Baptist Church (H), Bonnertown Methodist Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Sexton Cemetery (1), Union Hill Cemetery (2), Second Creek Cemetery (3), Mount Zion Cemetery (4), Lindsey Cemetery (5), Five Points Cemetery (6), Bonnertown Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lake: Richardson Ponds (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Idaho Branch (A), Hood Branch (B), Flatrock Branch (C), Moodys Fork (D), Camels Branch (E), Shannon Creek (F), Shannon Branch (G), Scott Creek (H), Clear Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 37.8. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 8.05. This is about average. Closest monitor was 10.2 miles away from the city center.
|This place:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Five Points compared to Tennessee state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (56%)
- Electricity (32%)
- Wood (12%)
- Utility gas (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Five Points CCD (based on Lawrence County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Lawrence County:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tennessee:||1.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|Lawrence County:||1.71 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tennessee:||0.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|Lawrence County:||7.58 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.56 / 10,000 pop.|
4.05% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($27,895 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Maury County, TN||0.44% ($24,017 average AGI)|
|from Giles County, TN||0.36% ($25,551)|
|from Lauderdale County, AL||0.34% ($35,000)|
4.33% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($27,611 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Five Points:
- WZNN (620 AM; 5 kW; LEXINGTON, AL; Owner: MANUEL HUERTA)
- WLOR (1550 AM; 50 kW; HUNTSVILLE, AL; Owner: BCA RADIO, LLC)
- WVNN (770 AM; 10 kW; ATHENS, AL; Owner: ATHENS BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WBXR (1140 AM; daytime; 15 kW; HAZEL GREEN, AL; Owner: LOW COUNTRY CORPORATION, INC.)
- WKAC (1080 AM; daytime; 5 kW; ATHENS, AL; Owner: LIMESTONE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WWLX (590 AM; 1 kW; LAWRENCEBURG, TN; Owner: PROSPECT COMMUNICATIONS)
- WWAM (820 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JASPER, TN; Owner: SHELTON BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
- WAMB (1160 AM; 50 kW; DONELSON, TN; Owner: GREAT SOUTHERN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WKDA (1200 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: RADIO NASHVILLE, INC.)
- WDJL (1000 AM; daytime; 10 kW; HUNTSVILLE, AL; Owner: JAMES K. SHARP DBA 5TH AVE BROADCASTING)
- WNQM (1300 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WNQM. INC.)
- WJOX (690 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Five Points:
- WEUZ (92.1 FM; MINOR HILL, TN; Owner: BROADCAST ONE, INC.)
- WLLX (97.5 FM; LAWRENCEBURG, TN; Owner: ROGER WRIGHT DBA PROSPECT COMMUNICATIONS)
- WYTK (93.9 FM; ROGERSVILLE, AL; Owner: SHOALS BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WJOR-FM (101.5 FM; ST. JOSEPH, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- W226AF (93.1 FM; LORETTO, TN; Owner: PROSPECT COMMUNICATIONS)
- W287AA (105.3 FM; LAWRENCEBURG, TN; Owner: WAY-FM MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WAHR (99.1 FM; HUNTSVILLE, AL; Owner: BCA RADIO, LLC)
- WLAY-FM (100.3 FM; TUSCUMBIA, AL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- W254AA (98.7 FM; COLBERT HEIGHTS, AL; Owner: WILLIAM P. ROGERS)
- WZYP (104.3 FM; ATHENS, AL; Owner: ATHENS BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WKSR-FM (98.3 FM; PULASKI, TN; Owner: PULASKI BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WQLT-FM (107.3 FM; FLORENCE, AL; Owner: BIG RIVER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- W278AA (103.5 FM; MADISON, AL; Owner: TENNESSEE VALLEY RADIO, INC.)
- WDRM (102.1 FM; DECATUR, AL; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WDXE-FM (106.7 FM; LAWRENCEBURG, TN; Owner: LAKEWOOD COMMUNICATIONS LLC)
- WFIX (91.3 FM; FLORENCE, AL; Owner: TRI-STATE INSPIRATIONAL B/C CORP.)
- W289AC (105.7 FM; HUNTSVILLE, AL; Owner: WILLIAM PAXTON ROGERS)
- WXFL (96.1 FM; FLORENCE, AL; Owner: BIG RIVER BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WMSR-FM (94.9 FM; COLLINWOOD, TN; Owner: OHIO BROADCAST ASSOCIATES)
- WVNA-FM (105.5 FM; MUSCLE SHOALS, AL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Five Points:
- WTZT-LP (Channel 11; ATHENS, AL; Owner: WTZT-LP TELEVISION STATION, L.L.C.)
- WHDF (Channel 15; FLORENCE, AL; Owner: VALLEY TELEVISION, LLC)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:4
- Call Sign: KF4QCO, Licensee ID: L01294498
Grant Date: 06/14/2007, Expiration Date: 03/21/2017, Certifier: Jeff M Shelton
Registrant: Jeff M Shelton, 1113 Rabbit Trail Rd, Five Points, TN 38457
- Call Sign: N4ONF, Licensee ID: L00771243
Grant Date: 06/07/2006, Expiration Date: 06/07/2016
Registrant: John J Deal Jr, 21 Powell Circle, Five Points, TN 38457
- Call Sign: W9SZZ, Licensee ID: L00247466
Grant Date: 01/21/2005, Expiration Date: 03/06/2015, Certifier: Marvin D Boyd
Registrant: Marvin D Boyd, 263 Appleton Rd, Five Points, TN 38457-5102
- Call Sign: KJ4TOR, Licensee ID: L01557267
Grant Date: 03/25/2010, Expiration Date: 03/25/2020, Certifier: Jordan C Shelton
Registrant: Jordan C Shelton, 113 Rabbit Trail Rd, Five Points, TN 38457
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 33
- Hazardous Condition: 3
Incident types - Five Points