Adair County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Highest Potential
Drinking water stations with addresses in Fontanelle that have no violations reported:
- FONTANELLE WATER WORKS (Address: PO BOX 128, Population served: 692, Primary Water Source Type: Purch_surface_water)
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2009: 9.3%
(9.4% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 0.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This city: || 2.1 people|
|Iowa: || 2.4 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This city: || 53.9%|
|Whole state: || 66.4%|
No gay or lesbian households reported
|This city: || 4.9%|
|Whole state: || 4.9%|
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Fontanelle, IA
49 people in nursing homes
Fontanelle compared to Iowa state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Back to the top
Banks with branches in Fontanelle (2011 data):
- First National Bank: Fontanelle Branch at 311 5th Street, branch established on 1996/07/22. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $206.6 mil, Deposits: $168.8 mil, headquarters in Greenfield, IA, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: First Fontanelle Employee Stock Ownership Plan And Trust
Educational Attainment (%)
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (79%)
- Electricity (17%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (3%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
2004 Presidential Election results in Adair County Iowa:
Religion statistics for Fontanelle (based on Adair County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 67.90%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||United Methodist Church||Lutheran Church||Catholic Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|Here:||3.94 / 10,000 pop.|
|Iowa:||2.14 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|This county:||7.87 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.55 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|Adair County:||6.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|Iowa:||8.01 / 10,000 pop.|Adult diabetes rate:
|State:||7.8%|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Police Protection - Officers
|Totals for Government
Fontanelle government finances in 2002:
- Charges - Sewerage: $69,000 ($102.68)
Solid Waste Management: $6,000 ($8.93)
Parks & Recreation: $2,000 ($2.98)
All Other: $1,000 ($1.49)
- Construction - Sewerage: $206,000 ($306.55)
- Current Operations - Electric Utilities: $305,000 ($453.87)
Regular Highways: $111,000 ($165.18)
Water Utilities: $83,000 ($123.51)
Police Protection: $50,000 ($74.40)
Sewerage: $42,000 ($62.50)
Libraries: $19,000 ($28.27)
Financial Administration: $14,000 ($20.83)
Fire Protection: $13,000 ($19.35)
Parks & Recreation: $9,000 ($13.39)
Solid Waste Management: $8,000 ($11.90)
Judicial and Legal Services: $1,000 ($1.49)
- Federal Intergovernmental - Housing & Community Development: $87,000 ($129.46)
- General - Interest on Debt: $29,000 ($43.15)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $17,000 ($25.30)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $515,000 ($766.37)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $420,000 ($625.00)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $30,000 ($44.64)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $65,000 ($96.73)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $43,000 ($63.99)
Interest Earnings: $33,000 ($49.11)
Property Sale Other: $5,000 ($7.44)
- Other Capital Outlay - Water Utilities: $31,000 ($46.13)
Electric Utilities: $25,000 ($37.20)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $730,000 ($1086.31)
- Revenue - Electric Utilities: $332,000 ($494.05)
Water Utilities: $96,000 ($142.86)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $84,000 ($125.00)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $55,000 ($81.85)
General Support: $19,000 ($28.27)
All Other: $3,000 ($4.46)
- Tax - Property: $166,000 ($247.02)
Public Utilities: $2,000 ($2.98)
NEC: $1,000 ($1.49)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $146,000 ($217.26)
5.45% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($32,842 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
6.89% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($30,486 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Fontanelle:
- WHO (1040 AM; 50 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KOIL (1020 AM; 50 kW; PLATTSMOUTH, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KFAB (1110 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KKAR (1290 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KYDZ (1180 AM; 25 kW; BELLEVUE, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KPSZ (940 AM; 10 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF IOWA, LLC)
- KXEL (1540 AM; 50 kW; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: KXEL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KBGG (1700 AM; 10 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KSIB (1520 AM; daytime; 1 kW; CRESTON, IA; Owner: G. O. RADIO, LTD.)
- KMA (960 AM; 5 kW; SHENANDOAH, IA; Owner: KMA BROADCASTING L.P.)
- WOI (640 AM; 5 kW; AMES, IA; Owner: IOWA STATE UNIV., OF SCIENCE & TECH.)
- KYFR (920 AM; 5 kW; SHENANDOAH, IA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Fontanelle:
- KSOM (96.5 FM; AUDUBON, IA; Owner: MEREDITH COMMUNICATIONS L.C.)
- KSIB-FM (101.3 FM; CRESTON, IA; Owner: G. O. RADIO, LIMITED)
- KKRF (107.9 FM; STUART, IA; Owner: COON VALLEY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- K203DB (88.5 FM; CRESTON, IA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KSWI (95.7 FM; ATLANTIC, IA; Owner: MEREDITH COMMUNICATIONS, L.L.C.)
- KXKT (103.7 FM; GLENWOOD, IA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
TV broadcast stations around Fontanelle:
- KHIN (Channel 36; RED OAK, IA; Owner: IOWA PUBLIC BROADCASTING BOARD)
- WOI-TV (Channel 5; AMES, IA; Owner: CAPITAL COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY, INC.)
- KDIN-TV (Channel 11; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: IOWA PUBLIC BROADCASTING BOARD)
- KPWB-TV (Channel 23; AMES, IA; Owner: PAPPAS TELECASTING OF IOWA, L.L.C.)
- KDSM-TV (Channel 17; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: KDSM LICENSEE, LLC)
- KCCI (Channel 8; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: DES MOINES HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC.)
- WHO-TV (Channel 13; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: NEW YORK TIMES MANAGEMENT SERVICES)
Fontanelle fatal accident list:
Jun 22, 1988 07:26 PM, Jefferson, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1, Drunken drivers: 1
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:
1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Fontanelle
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:
18 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:
- METERING STATION, East Of Hwy. 92 & 240th St. (Lat: 41.301944 Lon: -94.511389), Type: Bant, Structure height: 8 m, Call Sign: WPYK808
Assigned Frequencies: 456.300 MHz
Grant Date: 08/28/2003, Expiration Date: 08/28/2013, Certifier: R. Scott Homan
Registrant: National License Corp., 9040 Briarclift Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46256, Phone: (317) 849-5866, Fax: (317) 841-3328, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:
- Vander Haags, 18671 Applewood Rd (Vander Haags #303478) (Lat: 41.159556 Lon: -95.829056), Type: Tower, Structure height: 76.2 m, Overall height: 82.9 m, Call Sign: WQIX434
Assigned Frequencies: 11325.0 MHz
Grant Date: 06/10/2008, Expiration Date: 06/10/2018, Certifier: William Chastain
Registrant: Radio Dynamics Corporation, Silver Spring, MD 20914, Phone: (301) 493-5171, Fax: (301) 576-4553, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
- Call Sign: WB0WWZ
Grant Date: 02/06/1995, Expiration Date: 02/06/2005, Cancellation Date: 02/07/2007
Registrant: Delano I Chafa, Box 26 318 9th St, Fontanelle, IA 50846
|Most common first names in Fontanelle, IA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Fontanelle, IA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Fontanelle on our top lists:
- #8 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Nonmetallic mineral products"
- #9 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Nonmetallic mineral products"
- #66 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations:"
- #69 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Sales representatives, services, wholesale and manufacturing"
- #88 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Vending machine operators"
- #80 (50846) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Danish first ancestries (pop 1,000+)"