|Median resident age:||35.6 years|
|Alabama median age:||35.8 years|
Zip code: 36037
Forest Home CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $72,670 (it was $47,700 in 2000)
- White alone - 967 (57.1%)
- Black alone - 710 (41.9%)
- Hispanic - 10 (0.6%)
- Two or more races - 4 (0.2%)
- American Indian alone - 2 (0.1%)
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 433 feet
Land area: 170.7 square miles.
Population density: 9.4 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Forest Home:
- High school or higher: 66.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 7.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.0%
- Unemployed: 5.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 28.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Forest Home CCD:
- Never married: 27.4%
- Now married: 55.1%
- Separated: 1.4%
- Widowed: 7.8%
- Divorced: 9.8%
According to our research of Alabama and other state lists there were 3 registered sex offenders living in Forest Home, Alabama as of July 07, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Forest Home to the number of sex offenders is 536 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Forest Home CCD:||0.4% ($199)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Montgomery, AL (46.1 miles , pop. 201,568).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Houston, TX (530.8 miles , pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: Greenville, AL (3.0 miles ), Chapman, AL (3.2 miles ), Pine Apple, AL (3.5 miles) , Georgiana, AL (3.8 miles ), Fort Deposit, AL (4.0 miles ), Braggs-Prairie Hill, AL (4.1 miles ), Oak Hill, AL (4.3 miles) , Gordonville, AL (4.6 miles ).
Latitude: 31.85 N, Longitude: 86.78 W
Area code: 334
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (12%)
- Construction (12%)
- Wood products (8%)
- Food (6%)
- Religious, grantmaking, civic, professional, and similar organizations (6%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (5%)
- Repair and maintenance (4%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (9%)
- Transportation equipment (8%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Apparel (6%)
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (6%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (11%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (10%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Farmers and farm managers (7%)
- Carpenters (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (4%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (11%)
- Cashiers (8%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (7%)
- Textile, apparel, and furnishings workers (6%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (5%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (5%)
- Operations specialties managers except financial managers (4%)
Average climate in Forest Home, Alabama
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Forest Home-area historical tornado activity is below Alabama state average. It is 29% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/1969, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 9.1 miles away from the Forest Home place center killed 2 people and injured 14 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 4/23/1971, a category F4 tornado 13.9 miles away from the place center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Forest Home-area historical earthquake activity is near Alabama state average. It is 83% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/24/1997 at 08:35:17, a magnitude 4.9 (4.8 MB, 4.2 MS, 4.9 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 58.0 miles away from the city center
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 111.0 miles away from Forest Home center
On 11/7/2004 at 11:20:21, a magnitude 4.4 (4.4 MB, 4.3 MW, 4.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 87.1 miles away from the city center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 194.7 miles away from the city center
On 9/10/2006 at 14:56:08, a magnitude 5.9 (5.9 MB, 5.5 MS, 5.8 MW, Depth: 8.7 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 387.5 miles away from Forest Home center
On 6/24/1975 at 11:11:36, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 143.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Butler County (15) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 6
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 7, Storms: 6, Floods: 4, Tornadoes: 4, Winds: 2, Drought: 1, Snowfall: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Dixie Parker - Baseball player.
Hospitals and medical centers near Forest Home:
- CROWNE HEALTH CARE OF GREENVILLE (Nursing Home, about 9 miles away; GREENVILLE, AL)
- L V STABLER HOME HEALTH AGENCY (Home Health Center, about 10 miles away; GREENVILLE, AL)
- SOUTHERNCARE GREENVILLE (Hospital, about 10 miles away; GREENVILLE, AL)
- COMFORT CARE HOSPICE OF GREENVILLE (Hospital, about 10 miles away; GREENVILLE, AL)
- RELIABLE HOME HEALTH (Home Health Center, about 15 miles away; GEORGIANA, AL)
- GEORGIANA HEALTH AND REHABILITATION, L L C (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; GEORGIANA, AL)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Forest Home:
- Alabama State University (about 46 miles; Montgomery, AL; Full-time enrollment: 5,457)
- Troy University (about 50 miles; Troy, AL; FT enrollment: 16,148)
- Faulkner University (about 50 miles; Montgomery, AL; FT enrollment: 2,887)
- Auburn University at Montgomery (about 51 miles; Montgomery, AL; FT enrollment: 4,092)
- Enterprise State Community College (about 68 miles; Enterprise, AL; FT enrollment: 2,101)
- Tuskegee University (about 75 miles; Tuskegee, AL; FT enrollment: 2,810)
- George C Wallace State Community College-Dothan (about 87 miles; Dothan, AL; FT enrollment: 3,611)
Notable locations in Forest Home: Shackleville Volunteer Fire Department (A), Forest Home Volunteer Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Forest Home include: Poplar Springs Church (A), Antioch Church (B), Beaver Creek Church (C), Zion Rest Church (D), Salem Church (E), Ridgeville Church (F), Pleasant Hill Church (G), Pine Flat Church (H), Perkins Chapel Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Pine Flat Cemetery (1), Mount Moriah Cemetery (2), Monterey Cemetery (3), Manningham Cemetery (4), Forest Home Cemetery (5), Butler Springs Cemetery (6), Bragg Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoirs: Bush Pond (A), English Pond (B), Lower Lake (C), Sherling Lake (D), Thigpens Pond (E), Upper Lake (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: South Fork Cedar Creek (A), Mussel Creek (B), Hopewell Branch (C), Tenmile Branch (D), Ishams Creek (E), Black Branch (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.6% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Forest Home compared to Alabama state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (49%)
- Electricity (37%)
- Wood (10%)
- Utility gas (4%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Forest Home CCD (based on Butler County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 50.01%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||Churches of Christ||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||International Pentecostal Holiness Church|
|Name||Episcopal Church||Presbyterian Church in America||Catholic Church||Assemblies of God||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Butler County:||1.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|Alabama:||1.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|Butler County:||1.98 / 10,000 pop.|
|Alabama:||0.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|Butler County:||9.42 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.43 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
5.11% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($27,666 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Montgomery County, AL||0.71% ($23,900 average AGI)|
|from Lowndes County, AL||0.35% ($23,160)|
|from Crenshaw County, AL||0.30% ($18,429)|
4.94% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($28,547 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Forest Home:
- WASG (550 AM; 25 kW; ATMORE, AL; Owner: 550 AM, INC)
- WGYV (1380 AM; daytime; 1 kW; GREENVILLE, AL; Owner: ROBERT JOHN WILLIAMSON)
- WJOX (690 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WMSP (740 AM; 10 kW; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WDJC (850 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WAPI (1070 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WACV (1170 AM; 10 kW; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: MONTGOMERY BROADCAST PROPERTIES, LTD)
- WYNI (930 AM; 5 kW; MONROEVILLE, AL; Owner: MCKISSICK ENTERPRISES)
- WNSI (810 AM; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, AL; Owner: UNITED BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WEBY (1330 AM; 25 kW; MILTON, FL; Owner: SPINNAKER LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WGST (640 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WSJC (810 AM; 50 kW; MAGEE, MS; Owner: FAMILY TALK RADIO)
- WTBF (970 AM; 5 kW; TROY, AL; Owner: TROY BROADCASTING CORP.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Forest Home:
- WKXN (95.9 FM; GREENVILLE, AL; Owner: AUTAUGAVILLE RADIO, INC.)
- WAPR (88.3 FM; SELMA, AL; Owner: UA-ASU-TSU EDUCATIONAL RADIO CORP.)
- WQZX (94.3 FM; GREENVILLE, AL; Owner: HAYNES BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WQLD (104.3 FM; LUVERNE, AL; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WZHT (105.7 FM; TROY, AL; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WPGG (93.3 FM; EVERGREEN, AL; Owner: GULF COAST BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC)
- WLWI-FM (92.3 FM; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WFXX (107.7 FM; GEORGIANA, AL; Owner: JEFFREY K. HAYNES)
TV broadcast stations around Forest Home:
- WAKA (Channel 8; SELMA, AL; Owner: ALABAMA BROADCASTING PARTNERS)
- WDIQ (Channel 2; DOZIER, AL; Owner: ALABAMA EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION COMMISSION)
- WRJM-TV (Channel 67; TROY, AL; Owner: JOSIE PARK BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSFA (Channel 12; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: LIBCO, INC.)
- WCOV-TV (Channel 20; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: WOODS COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WNCF (Channel 32; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: CHANNEL 32 MONTGOMERY LLC)
- WBIH (Channel 29; SELMA, AL; Owner: FLINN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Total length: 5 meters (16ft)
Total costs: $2,530,000
Total average daily traffic: 330
Total average daily truck traffic: 25
Total future (year 2031) average daily traffic: 460
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Forest Home)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:2
- Call Sign: K4MRE, Licensee ID: L00283666
Grant Date: 01/27/2006, Expiration Date: 04/01/2016, Certifier: Mitchell V Sexton
Registrant: Mitchell V Sexton, 8945 Forest Home Road, Forest Home, AL 36030
- Call Sign: KJ4FOU, Licensee ID: L01420522
Grant Date: 07/31/2008, Expiration Date: 07/31/2018, Certifier: Mary E Till
Registrant: Mary E Till, 2537 7th Ave, Forest Home, AL 36030
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 21
- Hazardous Condition: 1
- Good Intent Call: 1
Incident types - Forest Home
Forest Home on our top lists:
- #38 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Computer and mathematical occupations:"
- #46 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Cashiers"
- #57 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Motor vehicle, parts and supplies merchant wholesalers"
- #73 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Lumber and other construction materials merchant wholesalers"
- #73 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Petroleum and petroleum products merchant wholesalers"
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2015.