|Median resident age:||22.9 years|
|Montana median age:||37.5 years|
Zip code: 59524
Fort Belknap CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $69,861 (it was $50,800 in 2000)
- American Indian alone - 2,630 (93.9%)
- White alone - 117 (4.2%)
- Hispanic - 31 (1.1%)
- Two or more races - 18 (0.6%)
- Black alone - 2 (0.07%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 2 (0.07%)
- Asian alone - 1 (0.04%)
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Land area: 889.9 square miles.
Population density: 2.9 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Fort Belknap:
- High school or higher: 74.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.1%
- Unemployed: 23.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 18.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Fort Belknap CCD:
- Never married: 39.0%
- Now married: 46.3%
- Separated: 2.0%
- Widowed: 5.2%
- Divorced: 9.5%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Fort Belknap CCD:||1.9% ($987)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Great Falls, MT (124.1 miles , pop. 56,690).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: West Adams, CO (604.4 miles , pop. 259,628).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (1027.1 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: Hays, MT (3.7 miles ), Lodge Pole, MT (4.0 miles ), Fort Belknap Agency, MT (4.5 miles ), Zortman, MT (4.7 miles) , Harlem, MT (5.0 miles ), Dodson, MT (5.5 miles) , Chinook, MT (5.9 miles ), Parker School, MT (6.5 miles ).
Latitude: 48.17 N, Longitude: 108.81 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 406
Unemployment by year (%)
- Public administration (19%)
- Educational services (17%)
- Construction (16%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (12%)
- Health care (8%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (5%)
- Food and beverage stores (5%)
- Public administration (26%)
- Educational services (19%)
- Health care (19%)
- Social assistance (15%)
- Food and beverage stores (5%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (3%)
- Accommodation and food services (3%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Carpenters (7%)
- Farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (4%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (4%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (11%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (8%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (7%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (7%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Counselors, social workers, and other community and social service specialists (5%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (5%)
Average climate in Fort Belknap, Montana
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Fort Belknap-area historical earthquake activity is below Montana state average. It is 8% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 264.7 miles away from the city center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 370.9 miles away from Fort Belknap center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 6/30/1975 at 18:54:13, a magnitude 6.1 (5.6 MB, 5.9 MS, 6.1 UK, 6.1 ML, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 259.1 miles away from the city center
On 7/26/2005 at 04:08:37, a magnitude 5.7 (5.7 MB, 5.2 MS, 5.6 MW, Depth: 8.0 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 262.1 miles away from the city center
On 8/22/1984 at 09:46:30, a magnitude 5.8 (5.0 MB, 5.1 MS, 5.8 ML) earthquake occurred 353.7 miles away from Fort Belknap center
On 10/29/1983 at 23:29:11, a magnitude 5.8 (5.4 MB, 5.0 MS, 5.8 ML) earthquake occurred 364.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Blaine County (4) is a lot smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 2, Fire: 1, Hurricane: 1, Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Jonathan Windy Boy - Politician.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Fort Belknap:
- Montana State University-Billings (about 166 miles; Billings, MT; Full-time enrollment: 4,319)
- Montana State University (about 204 miles; Bozeman, MT; FT enrollment: 12,942)
- Sheridan College (about 253 miles; Sheridan, WY; FT enrollment: 2,070)
- The University of Montana (about 259 miles; Missoula, MT; FT enrollment: 13,602)
- Brigham Young University-Idaho (about 334 miles; Rexburg, ID; FT enrollment: 30,522)
- Minot State University (about 346 miles; Minot, ND; FT enrollment: 2,887)
- Black Hills State University (about 347 miles; Spearfish, SD; FT enrollment: 3,166)
Notable locations in Fort Belknap: Fort Belknap Rest Area (A), Fort Belknap Youth Camp (B), Fort Belknap Volunteer Fire Department Lodgepole (C), Fort Belknap Volunteer Fire Department Hays (D), Fort Belknap Police Department (E), Pictorial Museum (F), Fort Belknap Volunteer Fire Department Agency Group (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Fort Belknap include: Alliance Bible Church (A), Assembly of God Church (B), Saint Thomas Church (C), Lodgepole Alliance Church (D), Saint Pauls Mission (E), Fort Belknap Community Church (F), Sacred Heart Church (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Kirkaldie Cemetery (1), Fort Belknap Cemetery (2), Saint Pauls Mission Cemetery (3), McConnell Cemetery (4), Hays Cemetery (5), Sacred Heart Cemetery (6), Agency Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Lake Seventeen (A), Skinners Lake (B), Bigby Lake (C), J Lake (D), Old Thunder Slough (E), Old Woman Lake (F), Suction Creek Reservoir (G), Old Woman Reservoir (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Spotted Bird Creek (A), Duck Creek (B), Fifteenmile Creek (C), Jim Brown Creek (D), King Creek (E), Tin Cup Coulee (F), Little Peoples Creek (G), Little Suction Creek (H), Lodge Pole Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Fort Belknap include: Fort Belknap Reservation Historical Marker (1), Vision Quest Historical Marker (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||3.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
2 people in other noninstitutional facilities in 2010
5 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups) in 2000
5 people in religious group quarters in 2000
Fort Belknap compared to Montana state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (40%)
- Utility gas (29%)
- Electricity (22%)
- Wood (8%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Fort Belknap CCD (based on Blaine County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 67.68%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Assemblies of God||Hutterian Brethren||United Methodist Church|
|Name||LDS (Mormon) Church||Christian and Missionary Alliance||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Lutheran Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Blaine County:||4.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montana:||2.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Blaine County:||3.07 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montana:||0.48 / 10,000 pop.|
|Blaine County:||4.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||10.38 / 10,000 pop.|
5.41% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($26,254 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
6.04% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($25,628 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Fort Belknap:
- KERR (750 AM; 50 kW; POLSON, MT; Owner: ANDERSON RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KOFI (1180 AM; 50 kW; KALISPELL, MT; Owner: KOFI, INC.)
- KOJM (610 AM; 1 kW; HAVRE, MT; Owner: NEW MEDIA BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KMON (560 AM; 5 kW; GREAT FALLS, MT; Owner: COMMONWEALTH LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- KSEN (1150 AM; 10 kW; SHELBY, MT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KXMR (710 AM; 50 kW; BISMARCK, ND; Owner: RADIO BISMARCK MANDAN, LLC)
- KGVW (640 AM; 10 kW; BELGRADE, MT; Owner: GALLATIN VALLEY WITNESS, INC.)
- KATL (770 AM; 10 kW; MILES CITY, MT; Owner: STAR PRINTING COMPANY)
- KTWO (1030 AM; 50 kW; CASPER, WY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KBOI (670 AM; 50 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KMTA (1050 AM; 10 kW; MILES CITY, MT; Owner: SENGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KALL (700 AM; 50 kW; NORTH SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KTBI (810 AM; daytime; 50 kW; EPHRATA, WA; Owner: TACOMA BROADCASTERS, INCORPORATED)
Strongest FM radio stations in Fort Belknap:
- KGVA (88.1 FM; FORT BELKNAP AGENCY, MT; Owner: FORT BELKNAP COLLEGE)
- KXEI (95.1 FM; HAVRE, MT; Owner: HI-LINE RADIO FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- KNMC (90.1 FM; HAVRE, MT; Owner: NORTHERN MONTANA COLLEGE)
- KPQX (92.5 FM; HAVRE, MT; Owner: NEW MEDIA BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KRYK (101.3 FM; CHINOOK, MT; Owner: NEW MEDIA BROADCASTERS, INC)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:1
- 13 Mi S On Hwy 66 (Lat: 48.188333 Lon: -108.710833), Type: 213.0, Overall height: 213 m