Fort Duchesne, Utah
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||26.6 years|
|Utah median age:||30.6 years|
Zip codes: 84026.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $14,628 (it was $6,466 in 2000)
Fort Duchesne CDP income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $123,113 (it was $35,900 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $126,538; Detached houses: $146,392; Mobile homes: $7,911
Median gross rent in 2015: $956.
Races in Fort Duchesne, UT (2010)
- 65691.9%American Indian alone
- 243.4%White alone
- 142.0%Two or more races
- 10.1%Black alone
- 10.1%Asian alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Gender inequality today (or when higher earnings do not necessarily mean you do less laundry at home) Aug 23
- Professional services jobs are soaring, making it the fastest-growing industry Aug 21
- Internetification today Aug 19
- The fastest-growing sector in the West is dominated by one company Aug 17
- What matters more when it comes to moving between states: weather or taxes? Aug 15
Latest news from Fort Duchesne, UT collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Elevation: 4988 feet
Land area: 7.02 square miles.
Population density: 102 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Fort Duchesne:
- High school or higher: 59.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.1%
- Unemployed: 26.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 7.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Fort Duchesne CDP:
- Never married: 58.8%
- Now married: 20.9%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 3.8%
- Divorced: 16.5%
29 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Utah and other state lists there were 9 registered sex offenders living in Fort Duchesne, Utah as of August 23, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Fort Duchesne to the number of sex offenders is 79 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $1,044 (0.7%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Provo, UT (94.9 miles , pop. 105,166).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Northeast Jefferson, CO (254.7 miles , pop. 450,166).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (483.6 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: Randlett, UT (2.2 miles ), Independence, UT (2.2 miles) , Ballard, UT (2.2 miles ), Roosevelt, UT (2.6 miles ), Myton, UT (3.5 miles ), Whiterocks, UT (3.5 miles ), Neola, UT (3.6 miles ), Maeser, UT (4.4 miles ).
Latitude: 40.29 N, Longitude: 109.86 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 435
Unemployment by year (%)
- Public administration (50%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (23%)
- Accommodation and food services (15%)
- Other services, except public administration (9%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (0%)
- Construction (0%)
- Manufacturing (0%)
- Public administration (46%)
- Educational services (22%)
- Health care and social assistance (14%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (7%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (6%)
- Retail trade (4%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (0%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (18%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (15%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (15%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (11%)
- Production occupations (9%)
- Life, physical, and social science occupations (8%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (8%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (26%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (25%)
- Management occupations (12%)
- Healthcare support occupations (9%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (7%)
- Community and social service occupations (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
Average climate in Fort Duchesne, Utah
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Fort Duchesne-area historical earthquake activity is below Utah state average. It is 197% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 298.3 miles away from the city center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 330.4 miles away from Fort Duchesne center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 402.4 miles away from the city center
On 3/28/1975 at 02:31:05, a magnitude 6.2 (6.1 MB, 6.0 MS, 6.2 ML, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 180.6 miles away from the city center
On 2/3/1994 at 09:05:04, a magnitude 5.8 (5.4 MB, 5.5 MS, 5.8 MW, 5.8 ML, Depth: 4.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 181.0 miles away from Fort Duchesne center
On 12/21/1932 at 06:10:09, a magnitude 7.2 (7.2 UK) earthquake occurred 456.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Uintah County (6) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 3, Landslides: 2, Drought: 1, Fire: 1, Hurricane: 1, Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Ernie Lopez - Boxer, Danny Lopez - Boxer.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Fort Duchesne:
- Brigham Young University-Provo (about 95 miles; Provo, UT; Full-time enrollment: 33,525)
- Western Wyoming Community College (about 96 miles; Rock Springs, WY; FT enrollment: 2,086)
- Utah Valley University (about 98 miles; Orem, UT; FT enrollment: 24,403)
- Western Governors University (about 109 miles; Salt Lake City, UT; FT enrollment: 31,481)
- Westminster College (about 110 miles; Salt Lake City, UT; FT enrollment: 2,870)
- University of Utah (about 110 miles; Salt Lake City, UT; FT enrollment: 28,454)
- Colorado Mesa University (about 110 miles; Grand Junction, CO; FT enrollment: 7,671)
Notable locations in Fort Duchesne: Bottle Hollow Resort (A), Indian Agency Headquarters (B), Ute Tribe Ambulance Service (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Uintah and Ouray Indian Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Reservoir: Bottle Hollow Reservoir (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 110. This is significantly worse than average.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 4.01. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 7.3 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 40.5. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 7.3 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 17.4. This is about average. Closest monitor was 7.2 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 6.34. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 7.7 miles away from the city center.
(29.8% for American Indian residents)
|This place:||3.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
9 people in homes or halfway houses for drug/alcohol abuse in 2000
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Fort Duchesne CDP (based on Uintah County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Uintah County:||0.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Utah:||1.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.35 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|Uintah County:||0.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Utah:||0.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|Uintah County:||4.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.82 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.21 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.09 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Fort Duchesne, UT Residents
8.21% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($40,284 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Duchesne County, UT||1.30% ($43,161 average AGI)|
|from Salt Lake County, UT||0.99% ($33,589)|
|from Utah County, UT||0.61% ($36,966)|
7.15% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($48,028 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Fort Duchesne:
- KNEU (1250 AM; 5 kW; ROOSEVELT, UT; Owner: COUNTRY GOLD BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KVEL (920 AM; 5 kW; VERNAL, UT; Owner: ASHLEY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KALL (700 AM; 50 kW; NORTH SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KIQN (1010 AM; 50 kW; TOOELE, UT)
- KNZZ (1100 AM; 50 kW; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: M B C GRAND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KSL (1160 AM; 50 kW; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- KOAL (750 AM; 10 kW; PRICE, UT; Owner: EASTERN UTAH BROADCASTING CO.)
- KSLL (1080 AM; daytime; 10 kW; PRICE, UT; Owner: AGAINST THE WIND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KJOL (620 AM; 10 kW; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: UNITED MINISTRIES)
- KTKK (630 AM; 10 kW; SANDY, UT; Owner: UNITED BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KMTI (650 AM; 10 kW; MANTI, UT; Owner: SANPETE COUNTY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KKZN (760 AM; 50 kW; THORNTON, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Fort Duchesne:
- KXRQ (94.3 FM; ROOSEVELT, UT; Owner: UINTA BROADCASTING, L.C.)
- KIFX (98.5 FM; ROOSEVELT, UT; Owner: EVANS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KLCY-FM (105.9 FM; VERNAL, UT; Owner: ASHLEY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Fort Duchesne:
- K25EE (Channel 25; MOUNTAIN VIEW, ETC., UT; Owner: DAGGETT COUNTY TELEVISION DEPT.)
- K23DR (Channel 23; ROOSEVELT, UT; Owner: DUCHESNE COUNTY)
- Fort Duchesne, Utah
- Fatal accident count13
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents17
- Fatal accidents involving drunken persons:8
- Persons involved in fatal accidents32
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents1
- Utah average
- Fatal accident count96
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents150
- Fatal accidents involving drunken persons23
- Persons involved in fatal accidents271
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents15
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 1Number of bridges
- 3m10ftTotal length
- 9,335Total average daily traffic
- 3,640Total average daily truck traffic
- 11,669Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:2
- Anisa Latif, Off Glen Bench Road, Type: 91.4, Structure height: 49047 m, Overall height: 91.4 m, Registrant: 2024573068, Anisa.A.Latif@att.Com, 3300 E. RENNER RD.
- Vincent J Stout, Off Glen Bench Road (Lat: 40.000250 Lon: -109.490222), Type: 91.4, Structure height: 49047 m, Overall height: 91.4 m, Registrant: 2024573068, Anisa.A.Latif@att.Com, 3300 E. RENNER RD.
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:1
- Butcher Knife Ridge (Lat: 40.329667 Lon: -110.160417), Type: Tower, Structure height: 11 m, Overall height: 16.1 m, Call Sign: KNIL283
Assigned Frequencies: 154.890 MHzGrant Date: 08/20/2015, Expiration Date: 10/13/2025, Certifier: Raymond MorrissRegistrant: Cara Enterprises Inc, Las Vegas, NV 89140-0124, Phone: (702) 838-9728, Fax: (702) 363-4607, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:1
- Fort Duchesne, 0.5 Km Sw Of Fort Duchesne (Lat: 40.282167 Lon: -109.868694), Type: Tower, Structure height: 24 m, Call Sign: WQIC377
Assigned Frequencies: 11595.0 MHzGrant Date: 12/31/2007, Expiration Date: 12/31/2017, Certifier: Jake HuntRegistrant: Utah Communications Authority, 461 Stewart Drive, Box A-1, Ogden, UT 84404, Phone: (801) 633-2387, Fax: (801) 393-3414, Email:
|Most common first names in Fort Duchesne, UT among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Fort Duchesne, UT among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (67%)
- Electricity (20%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (13%)
Fort Duchesne compared to Utah state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Fort Duchesne on our top lists:
- #78 on the list of "Top 100 cities with shortest commuting times"
- #87 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in China, excluding Hong Kong and Taiwan (population 500+)"
- #2 (84026) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of taxpayers using paid preparers for 2012 taxes (pop 1,000+)"
- #67 (84026) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the smallest percentage of taxpayers reporting profit/loss from business in 2012 (pop 1,000+)"
- #12 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for Romney (Republican) in the 2012 Presidential Election"
- #45 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest Sulfur Oxides Annual air pollution readings in 2012 (µg/m3)"
- #48 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest Particulate Matter (PM2.5) Annual air pollution readings in 2012 (µg/m3)"
- #96 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest Particulate Matter (PM10) Annual air pollution readings in 2012 (µg/m3)"