We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||58.1 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip code: 54493
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $26,892 (it was $17,039 in 2000)
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $144,017 (it was $85,000 in 2000)
Races in Foster, WI (2010)
- 9296.8%White alone
- 11.1%Black alone
- 11.1%Asian alone
- 11.1%Two or more races
|Relocating from the Portland (16 replies)|
|Family of six to relocate to wi (19 replies)|
|Median single family home price higher in Madison than Chicagoland (7 replies)|
|Possible move to Milwaukee from Australia advice for a young family (42 replies)|
|Maybe moving to WI (11 replies)|
|Hot in the summer ? (13 replies)|
Latest news from Foster, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (46.3%), Irish (8.4%), Norwegian (8.4%), Dutch (7.4%), Polish (7.4%), Scotch-Irish (5.3%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 980 feet
Land area: 71.3 square miles.
Population density: 1.3 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Foster:
- High school or higher: 83.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.9%
- Unemployed: 4.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 24.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Foster town:
- Never married: 18.1%
- Now married: 43.4%
- Separated: 13.3%
- Widowed: 12.0%
- Divorced: 13.3%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Foster town:||1.8% ($1,519)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Eau Claire, WI (33.6 miles , pop. 61,704).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Paul, MN (113.5 miles , pop. 287,151).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (252.7 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Seif, WI (2.3 miles ), Hendren, WI (2.5 miles ), Fairchild, WI (2.9 miles ), Mentor, WI (3.0 miles ), Mead, WI (3.0 miles ), Hewett, WI (3.1 miles ), Humbird, WI (3.3 miles ), Bridge Creek, WI (3.4 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2005: 2 buildings, average cost: $200,000
- 2006: 3 buildings, average cost: $100,000
- 2007: 3 buildings, average cost: $114,700
- 2008: 1 building, cost: $65,000
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $75,000
- 2012: 1 building, cost: $115,000
- 2013: 2 buildings, average cost: $60,300
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 44.68 N, Longitude: 90.83 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
Average climate in Foster, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Foster-area historical tornado activity is near Wisconsin state average. It is 7% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/4/1958, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 22.3 miles away from the Foster town center killed 4 people and injured 3 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 5/26/1959, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 3.2 miles away from the town center injured 2 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Foster-area historical earthquake activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 96% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 262.9 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 243.4 miles away from Foster center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 274.8 miles away from the city center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 216.7 miles away from the city center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 424.5 miles away from Foster center
On 10/20/1995 at 15:57:18, a magnitude 3.7 (3.7 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 303.4 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Clark County (11) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 9, Storms: 8, Tornadoes: 3, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Foster:
- FAIRCHILD HLTH CARE CTR (Nursing Home, about 9 miles away; FAIRCHILD, WI)
- AUGUSTA AREA HOME, INC (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; AUGUSTA, WI)
- MEMORIAL MEDICAL CTR Critical Access Hospitals (about 15 miles away; NEILLSVILLE, WI)
- NEILLSVILLE CARE AND REHAB (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; NEILLSVILLE, WI)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Foster:
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (about 34 miles; Eau Claire, WI; Full-time enrollment: 10,143)
- Chippewa Valley Technical College (about 34 miles; Eau Claire, WI; FT enrollment: 4,038)
- Mid-State Technical College (about 56 miles; Wisconsin Rapids, WI; FT enrollment: 2,128)
- University of Wisconsin-Stout (about 56 miles; Menomonie, WI; FT enrollment: 8,120)
- Winona State University (about 60 miles; Winona, MN; FT enrollment: 8,397)
- Saint Mary's University of Minnesota (about 62 miles; Winona, MN; FT enrollment: 4,022)
- Northcentral Technical College (about 62 miles; Wausau, WI; FT enrollment: 3,356)
Lakes and reservoirs: Rock Dam Lake (A), Iron Run Flowage (B), Spruce Lake (C), 16 Reservoir (D), Lake 22-13 (E), Hay Creek Lake 59 (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Ryan Creek (A), Iron Run (B), Surveyor Creek (C), Thompson Creek (D), Hay Creek (E), Scott Creek (F), Cameron Creek (G), Windy Run (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Foster: Rock Dam County Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 53.6. This is better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 31.3. This is about average. Closest monitor was 16.1 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 7.28. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 16.1 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.0 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Foster town (based on Clark County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Clark County:||2.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Clark County:||5.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
4.70% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,517 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Wood County, WI||0.69% ($34,212 average AGI)|
|from Marathon County, WI||0.57% ($34,786)|
|from Taylor County, WI||0.36% ($34,909)|
5.62% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,314 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Foster:
- WCCN (1370 AM; 5 kW; NEILLSVILLE, WI; Owner: CENTRAL WISCONSIN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WAYY (790 AM; 5 kW; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- WEAQ (1150 AM; 5 kW; CHIPPEWA FALLS, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- WMEQ (880 AM; 10 kW; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WOGO (680 AM; 3 kW; HALLIE, WI; Owner: STEWARDS OF SOUND, INC.)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WLBL (930 AM; 5 kW; AUBURNDALE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- KFAN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KSTP (1500 AM; 50 kW; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: KSTP-AM, LLC (DELAWARE))
Strongest FM radio stations in Foster:
- WAXX (104.5 FM; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- WCCN-FM (107.5 FM; NEILLSVILLE, WI; Owner: CENTRAL WISCONSIN B/CG INC.)
- WWIB (103.7 FM; HALLIE, WI; Owner: STEWARDS OF SOUND, INC.)
- WUEC (89.7 FM; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: BOARD OF REGENTS, UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN SYSTEM)
- WWIS-FM (99.7 FM; BLACK RIVER FALLS, WI; Owner: WWIS RADIO, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Foster:
- WEAU-TV (Channel 13; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: WEAU LICENSEE CORP.)
- WQOW-TV (Channel 18; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: WXOW-WQOW TELEVISION, INC.)
- WKBT (Channel 8; LA CROSSE, WI; Owner: QUEENB TELEVISION, LLC)
- WDLS-LP (Channel 35; TOMAH, WI; Owner: MAGNUM RADIO, INC.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 3Number of bridges
- 5m16ftTotal length
- 770Total average daily traffic
- 39Total average daily truck traffic
- 905Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (53%)
- Wood (36%)
- Electricity (11%)
Foster compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.