Monroe County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Highest Potential
Drinking water stations with addresses in Fountain Run and their reported violations in the past:
FOUNTAIN RUN WATER DISTRICT #1 (Population served: 1650, Purch_surface_water):
Past monitoring violations:
- CCR Complete Failure to Report - Between JUL-2000 and AUG-2000, Consumer Confidence Rule. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (AUG-31-2000), St Violation/Reminder Notice (DEC-15-2000)
- Initial Tap Sampling for Pb and Cu - Between JAN-01-2000 and SEP-05-2001, Contaminant: Lead & Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (SEP-05-2001), St Public Notif requested (OCT-30-2001), St Formal NOV issued (OCT-30-2001), St Public Notif received (NOV-22-2001)
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2011: 46.3%
(42.4% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 82.9% for Black residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This city: || 2.3 people|
|Kentucky: || 2.5 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This city: || 65.3%|
|Whole state: || 66.9%|
No gay or lesbian households reported
|This city: || 9.5%|
|Whole state: || 6.4%|
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Fountain Run, KY
Fountain Run compared to Kentucky state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age above state average.
Back to the top
Banks with branches in Fountain Run (2011 data):
- South Central Bank of Monroe County: Fountain Run Branch at 2 Main Street, branch established on 1943/04/08. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $114.0 mil, Deposits: $92.4 mil, headquarters in Tompkinsville, KY, positive income, 5 total offices, Holding Company: South Central Bancshares Of Kentucky, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2011
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (38%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (34%)
- Utility gas (24%)
- Wood (4%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Fountain Run (based on Monroe County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 55.46%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||Churches of Christ||United Methodist Church||LDS (Mormon) Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|This county:||3.44 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||2.19 / 10,000 pop.|Number of supercenters and club stores:
|Monroe County:||0.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.25 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|This county:||5.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||4.36 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|Monroe County:||6.02 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||5.74 / 10,000 pop.|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Police Protection - Officers
|Totals for Government
Fountain Run government finances in 2002(per resident):
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $27,000 ($126.17)
Central Staff Services: $23,000 ($107.48)
Fire Protection: $13,000 ($60.75)
- Miscellaneous - Rents: $7,000 ($32.71)
General Revenue, NEC: $4,000 ($18.69)
Interest Earnings: $3,000 ($14.02)
- Other Capital Outlay - Fire Protection: $1,000 ($4.67)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $98,000 ($457.94)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $9,000 ($42.06)
Highways: $4,000 ($18.69)
- Tax - NEC: $32,000 ($149.53)
Property: $11,000 ($51.40)
Individual Income: $7,000 ($32.71)
Public Utilities: $2,000 ($9.35)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $65,000 ($303.74)
3.50% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($19,352 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
4.15% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($21,882 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Fountain Run:
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WAMB (1160 AM; 50 kW; DONELSON, TN; Owner: GREAT SOUTHERN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WLAC (1510 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WKDA (1200 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: RADIO NASHVILLE, INC.)
- WNQM (1300 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WNQM. INC.)
- WTKY (1370 AM; daytime; 2 kW; TOMPKINSVILLE, KY; Owner: WHITTIMORE ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- WLCK (1250 AM; 1 kW; SCOTTSVILLE, KY; Owner: SHERANDAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WKCT (930 AM; 5 kW; BOWLING GREEN, KY; Owner: DAILY NEWS BROADCASTING CO.)
- WWAM (820 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JASPER, TN; Owner: SHELTON BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
- WHIN (1010 AM; 5 kW; GALLATIN, TN; Owner: WHIN, INC.)
- WKVL (850 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: HORNE RADIO, LLC)
- WPLN (1430 AM; 15 kW; MADISON, TN)
Strongest FM radio stations in Fountain Run:
- WGGC (95.1 FM; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: HERITAGE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WVLE (99.3 FM; SCOTTSVILLE, KY; Owner: SHERANDAN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WLCT (102.1 FM; LAFAYETTE, TN; Owner: LAFAYETTE BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WTKY-FM (92.1 FM; TOMPKINSVILLE, KY; Owner: WHITTIMORE ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- WKWY (102.7 FM; TOMPKINSVILLE, KY; Owner: J.K. WHITTIMORE)
- WDNS (93.3 FM; BOWLING GREEN, KY; Owner: DAILY NEWS BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WSGP (88.3 FM; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: SOMERSET EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- WGSQ (94.7 FM; COOKEVILLE, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WOVO (105.3 FM; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: NEWBERRY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WGBV (94.1 FM; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: FOREVER COMMUNICATIONS,INC.)
- WKYU-FM (88.9 FM; BOWLING GREEN, KY; Owner: WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY)
- WPTQ (103.7 FM; CAVE CITY, KY; Owner: NEWBERRY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WUHU (107.1 FM; SMITHS GROVE, KY; Owner: FOREVER COMMUNICATIONS INC)
- WHHT (106.7 FM; HORSE CAVE, KY; Owner: NEWBERRY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WVFB (101.5 FM; CELINA, TN; Owner: ELIZABETH BERNICE WHITTIMORE)
TV broadcast stations around Fountain Run:
- WPBM-LP (Channel 48; SCOTTSVILLE, KY; Owner: PROCLAIM BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WPGD (Channel 50; HENDERSONVILLE, TN; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WNKY (Channel 40; BOWLING GREEN, KY; Owner: MMK LICENSE LLC)
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:
- JIM W BEECHAM, Water Tank Next To Fountain Run School (Lat: 36.723333 Lon: -85.958611), Type: 42.0, Overall height: 37 m
Registrant: 6156662111, Jbeecham@tcemc.Org, 405 COLLEGE STREET
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:
- Lat: 36.719333 Lon: -85.966500, Call Sign: WQAZ489
Assigned Frequencies: 155.970 MHz
Grant Date: 08/31/2004, Expiration Date: 08/31/2014, Certifier: Wilbur Graves
Registrant: Lao 20406816a, 102 E Middle St, Gettysburg, PA 17325, Phone: (717) 337-9630, Fax: (717) 337-9157, Email:
- Lat: 36.722194 Lon: -85.967250, Call Sign: WQKV602
Assigned Frequencies: 153.087 MHz
Grant Date: 09/28/2009, Expiration Date: 09/28/2019, Certifier: Chris Veach
Registrant: Atlas License Company & Data Services, 7202 N. Shadeland Ave Ste 215, Indianapolis, IN 46250, Phone: (317) 813-4865, Fax: (317) 813-4870, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
- Call Sign: KB4KCU, Licensee ID: L00351284
Grant Date: 01/19/2011, Expiration Date: 03/05/2021, Certifier: Keith L Walker
Registrant: Keith L Walker, 161 Maple St, Fountain Run, KY 42133
- Call Sign: KC4WDE, Licensee ID: L00652657
Grant Date: 03/27/2013, Expiration Date: 06/08/2023
Registrant: Stephen M Meador, 4110 Capital Hill Rd, Fountain Run, KY 42133
- Call Sign: N4MRL, Licensee ID: L00270569
Grant Date: 12/21/2006, Expiration Date: 03/20/2017, Certifier: Gary C Mc Manama
Registrant: Gary C Mc Manama, 2815 Capitol Hill Church Rd, Fountain Run, KY 42133-8546
- Call Sign: KG4FDV, Licensee ID: L00168712
Grant Date: 11/02/1999, Expiration Date: 11/02/2009, Cancellation Date: 11/03/2011, Certifier: Walter C Marsh
Registrant: Walter C Marsh, 180 Mcdonald Rd, Fountain Run, KY 42133
FAA Registered Aircraft:
- Aircraft: BELLANCA 14-19-3 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 152 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-435A/0-435C (190 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 8TQ , Serial Number: 4192, Year manufactured: 1960
Registrant (Individual): Benjamin J Copass, 7607 Austin Tracy Rd, Fountain Run, KY 42133
- Aircraft: CESSNA 150F (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 90 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR 0-200 SERIES (100 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 823F , Serial Number: 15064514, Year manufactured: 1966, Airworthiness Date: 07/01/1966
Registrant (Individual): Blake Mcintyre, 14119 Fountain Run Rd, Fountain Run, KY 42133
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
|Most common first names in Fountain Run, KY among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Fountain Run, KY among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Fountain Run on our top lists:
- #2 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations"
- #11 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks"
- #13 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Special education teachers"
- #14 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Construction"
- #14 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Utilities"
- #24 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: U. S. Postal service"
- #41 (42133) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Celtic first ancestries"
- #31 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating from other counties between 2005 and 2006"
- #31 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating to other counties in 2006"