Galena: This is a welcome to Kansas sign on the 96 at the Missouri border.
Galena: A new beginning for the City of Galena . n
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||38.4 years|
|Kansas median age:||36.2 years|
Zip codes: 66739.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $16,643 (it was $12,172 in 2000)
Galena city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $58,940 (it was $36,400 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $66,274; Detached houses: $66,870; Mobile homes: $37,208
Median gross rent in 2015: $753.
Races in Galena, KS (2010)
- 2,75689.3%White alone
- 1123.6%Two or more races
- 872.8%American Indian alone
- 110.4%Black alone
- 90.3%Asian alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- The decline of the U.S. Agriculture industry visualized Apr 23
- The revenues and net sales of Samsonite Apr 21
- Crowfunding is a fast-increasing market Apr 19
- The number of jobs in Construction is falling across the U.S. Apr 17
- Higher local employment numbers lead to higher payrolls, especially in finance Apr 15
|Do any parts of Kansas feel southern at all? (94 replies)|
|Winter weekend getaway in southern Kansas (14 replies)|
|Rural Kansas Decline (63 replies)|
|no child left behind act (8 replies)|
|Galena, any news? (21 replies)|
|Is Kansas the Midwest? (217 replies)|
Latest news from Galena, KS collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (48.4%), German (8.1%), Irish (5.3%), English (2.8%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 941 feet
Land area: 4.55 square miles.
Population density: 651 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Galena:
- High school or higher: 80.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 17.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.4%
- Unemployed: 9.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 17.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Galena city:
- Never married: 22.5%
- Now married: 57.1%
- Separated: 2.7%
- Widowed: 6.1%
- Divorced: 11.6%
63 residents are foreign born (1.7% Latin America).
According to our research of Kansas and other state lists there were 22 registered sex offenders living in Galena, Kansas as of April 24, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Galena to the number of sex offenders is 138 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $873 (1.5%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $645 (1.1%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Fayetteville, AR (73.9 miles , pop. 58,047).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Tulsa, OK (97.4 miles , pop. 393,049).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (319.8 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Riverton, KS (1.9 miles ), Lowell, KS (2.0 miles ), Grand Falls Plaza, MO (2.5 miles) , Loma Linda, MO (2.5 miles ), Baxter Springs, KS (2.6 miles ), Shoal Creek Drive, MO (2.6 miles ), Joplin, MO (2.6 miles ), Cliff Village, MO (2.7 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 18 buildings, average cost: $28,200
- 1998: 19 buildings, average cost: $28,200
- 1999: 5 buildings, average cost: $35,800
- 2000: 5 buildings, average cost: $35,800
- 2001: 5 buildings, average cost: $35,800
- 2002: 5 buildings, average cost: $35,800
- 2003: 5 buildings, average cost: $35,800
- 2004: 5 buildings, average cost: $35,800
- 2005: 5 buildings, average cost: $35,800
- 2006: 5 buildings, average cost: $72,000
- 2007: 3 buildings, average cost: $72,000
- 2008: 2 buildings, average cost: $72,000
- 2009: 6 buildings, average cost: $78,600
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $40,000
- 2011: 2 buildings, average cost: $75,000
- 2014: 3 buildings, average cost: $77,700
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 37.07 N, Longitude: 94.64 W
Area code: 620
|Crime rates in Galena by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 283.8)||245.1||299.4||329.7||415.1||201.9||196.8||196.6||241.5||297.6||464.5||335.0||342.8||196.4|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Galena detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.69|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -71 (-2.1%).
- Manufacturing (34%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Health care and social assistance (9%)
- Transportation and warehousing (9%)
- Other services, except public administration (8%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (21%)
- Manufacturing (19%)
- Retail trade (19%)
- Educational services (17%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (5%)
- Finance and insurance (3%)
- Production occupations (19%)
- Transportation occupations (15%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (10%)
- Material moving occupations (9%)
- Health technologists and technicians (8%)
- Management occupations (7%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (7%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (15%)
- Sales and related occupations (14%)
- Production occupations (13%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (12%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (12%)
- Management occupations (10%)
- Material moving occupations (5%)
Average climate in Galena, Kansas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Galena-area historical tornado activity is near Kansas state average. It is 107% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/10/2008, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 10.0 miles away from the Galena city center killed 15 people and injured 200 people and caused $45 million in damages.
On 4/3/1956, a category F4 tornado 13.0 miles away from the city center injured 59 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Galena-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Kansas state average. It is 73% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/4/2001 at 06:42:12, a magnitude 4.7 (4.2 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 187.9 miles away from the city center
On 1/21/1982 at 00:33:54, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 189.1 miles away from Galena center
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 259.7 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 268.8 miles away from the city center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 281.3 miles away from Galena center
On 9/6/1997 at 23:38:00, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 195.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Cherokee County (19) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 17
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 14, Storms: 14, Tornadoes: 8, Winds: 4, Winter Storms: 3, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snowstorm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: George Grantham - Baseball player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Galena:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Galena:
- Missouri Southern State University (about 10 miles; Joplin, MO; Full-time enrollment: 4,456)
- Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College (about 19 miles; Miami, OK; FT enrollment: 2,075)
- Pittsburg State University (about 23 miles; Pittsburg, KS; FT enrollment: 6,838)
- Crowder College (about 24 miles; Neosho, MO; FT enrollment: 3,675)
- NorthWest Arkansas Community College (about 56 miles; Bentonville, AR; FT enrollment: 5,634)
- John Brown University (about 62 miles; Siloam Springs, AR; FT enrollment: 2,097)
- Allen County Community College (about 73 miles; Iola, KS; FT enrollment: 2,089)
Public high school in Galena:
- GALENA HIGH (Students: 217, Location: 602 EAST 8TH STREET, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Galena:
Notable locations in Galena: Galena Sewer Treatment Plant (A), Galena Police Department (B), Galena Public Library (C), Galena Fire Department Station 1 (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Galena include: Empire Mission Church (A), Apostolic Faith Church (B), First Baptist Church (C), First Christian Church (D), First Presbyterian Church (E), Saint Mary's Episcopal Church (F), Saint Patricks Catholic Church (G), Saints Memorial Church of God in Christ (H), Sixth Street Baptist Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Oak Hill Cemetery (1), Galena Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Galena Mining & Historical Museum (319 West 7th Street).
Hotel: Galena Motel (918 East 7th Street).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 74.2. This is about average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2004 was 0.0317. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 15.4 miles away from the city center.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2004 was 6.56. This is about average. Closest monitor was 3.2 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2004 was 0.546. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 3.2 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 33.7. This is about average. Closest monitor was 15.4 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 15.2. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 12.2 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2010 was 9.55. This is about average. Closest monitor was 15.4 miles away from the city center.
Lead (Pb) [µg/m3] level in 2007 was 0.00918. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 6.8 miles away from the city center.
(17.9% for White Non-Hispanic residents)
|This city:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.6% of all households
71 people in nursing homes in 2000
Banks with branches in Galena (2011 data):
- Community Bank and Trust: Branch 60 at 215 East Seventh Street, branch established on 1980/11/24. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $294.0 mil, Deposits: $252.7 mil, headquarters in Neosho, MO, positive income, 14 total offices, Holding Company: Community Bancshares Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- American Bank of Baxter Springs: Galena Branch at 901 East 7th Street, branch established on 2003/07/07. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $111.3 mil, Deposits: $101.7 mil, headquarters in Baxter Springs, KS, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: American Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Galena city (based on Cherokee County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Cherokee County:||2.82 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kansas:||1.96 / 10,000 pop.|
|Cherokee County:||4.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.10 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.33 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Galena, KS Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2013)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||3||$8,018||$32,072||0||$0|
|Judicial and Legal||0||$0||2||$3,367|
|Police Protection - Officers||7||$17,401||$29,830||7||$5,341|
|Police - Other||5||$8,852||$21,245||2||$1,047|
|Streets and Highways||3||$5,685||$22,740||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||3||$5,828||$23,312||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||1||$1,947||$23,364||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||1||$1,769||$21,228||1||$1,164|
|Totals for Government||29||$64,582||$26,724||14||$12,419|
Galena government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $443,000 ($149.36)
Solid Waste Management: $230,000 ($77.55)
Water Utilities: $220,000 ($74.17)
General - Other: $198,000 ($66.76)
Financial Administration: $125,000 ($42.14)
Regular Highways: $114,000 ($38.44)
Sewerage: $52,000 ($17.53)
Libraries: $46,000 ($15.51)
Judicial and Legal Services: $40,000 ($13.49)
Parks & Recreation: $16,000 ($5.39)
Fire Protection: $10,000 ($3.37)
- General - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
- Other Capital Outlay - General - Other: $63,000 ($21.24)
Financial Administration: $36,000 ($12.14)
Parks & Recreation: $34,000 ($11.46)
Solid Waste Management: $7,000 ($2.36)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $226,000 ($76.20)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $130,000 ($43.83)
Galena government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $294,000 ($99.12)
Sewerage: $193,000 ($65.07)
All Other: $13,000 ($4.38)
Parks & Recreation: $7,000 ($2.36)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $305,000 ($102.83)
All Other: $2,000 ($0.67)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $102,000 ($34.39)
General Revenue, NEC: $53,000 ($17.87)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $358,000 ($120.70)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $99,000 ($33.38)
General Support: $56,000 ($18.88)
Housing & Community Development: $8,000 ($2.70)
- Tax - Property: $332,000 ($111.94)
Public Utilities: $120,000 ($40.46)
NEC: $10,000 ($3.37)
Galena government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $2,161,000 ($728.59)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $2,100,000 ($708.02)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $61,000 ($20.57)
Galena government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $2,072,000 ($698.58)
5.52% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($28,133 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Jasper County, MO||1.35% ($25,960 average AGI)|
|from Crawford County, KS||0.86% ($24,254)|
|from Ottawa County, OK||0.46% ($23,794)|
6.55% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($26,331 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Galena:
- WMBH (1560 AM; 10 kW; JOPLIN, MO)
- KOCR (1310 AM; 5 kW; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: OZARK CHRISTIAN COLLEGE)
- KWAS (1230 AM; 1 kW; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: NEW LIFE EVANGELISTIC CENTER, INC.)
- KQYX (1450 AM; 1 kW; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: PETRACOM OF JOPLIN, L.L.C.)
- KKOW (860 AM; 10 kW; PITTSBURG, KS; Owner: AMERICAN MEDIA INVESTMENTS)
- KBTN (1420 AM; 10 kW; NEOSHO, MO; Owner: PETRACOM OF JOPLIN, L.L.C.)
- KKLL (1100 AM; daytime; 5 kW; WEBB CITY, MO; Owner: NEW LIFE EVANGELISTIC CENTER, INC.)
- KGGF (690 AM; 10 kW; COFFEYVILLE, KS; Owner: KGGF-KUSN, INC.)
- KFAQ (1170 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KRMG (740 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KVIS (910 AM; 1 kW; MIAMI, OK; Owner: EAGLE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KDMO (1490 AM; 1 kW; CARTHAGE, MO; Owner: CARTHAGE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Galena:
- KSYN (92.5 FM; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: BIG MACK BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KIXQ (102.5 FM; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: BIG MACK BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KCAR-FM (104.3 FM; GALENA, KS; Owner: PETRACOM OF JOPLIN, L.L.C.)
- KMOQ (107.1 FM; BAXTER SPRINGS, KS; Owner: PETRACOM OF JOPLIN, L.L.C.)
- KRPS (89.9 FM; PITTSBURG, KS; Owner: PITTSBURG STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KKOW-FM (96.9 FM; PITTSBURG, KS; Owner: AMERICAN MEDIA INVESTMENTS, INC.)
- K255AH (98.9 FM; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: BOARD OF GOVERNORS FOR SOUTHWEST MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KJMK (93.9 FM; WEBB CITY, MO; Owner: BIG MACK BROADCASTING, INC)
- KOBC (90.7 FM; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: OZARK CHRISTIAN COLLEGE)
- KXDG (97.9 FM; WEBB CITY, MO; Owner: BIG MACK BROADCASTING, INC)
- KWXD (103.5 FM; ASBURY, MO; Owner: INNOVATIVE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KBTN-FM (99.7 FM; NEOSHO, MO; Owner: PETRACOM OF JOPLIN, L.L.C.)
- KMXL (95.1 FM; CARTHAGE, MO; Owner: CARTHAGE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- K207BT (89.3 FM; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KJML (105.3 FM; COLUMBUS, KS; Owner: PETRACOM OF JOPLIN, L.L.C.)
- KXMS (88.7 FM; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: MISSOURI SOUTHERN STATE COLLEGE)
- KGLC (100.9 FM; MIAMI, OK; Owner: EAGLE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KGND (107.5 FM; KETCHUM, OK; Owner: NORTHEAST OKLAHOMA BROADCAST NETWORK)
- KNEO (91.7 FM; NEOSHO, MO; Owner: SKY HIGH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- K249BZ (97.7 FM; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: J AND J BROADCASTING)
TV broadcast stations around Galena:
- KODE-TV (Channel 12; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: MISSION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KJPX-LP (Channel 47; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: GARY M./DEBORAH R. KENNY)
- KOZJ (Channel 26; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: BD. OF GOVERNORS OF SW MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KSNF (Channel 16; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: NEXSTAR BROADCASTING OF JOPLIN, L.L.C.)
- KOAM-TV (Channel 7; PITTSBURG, KS; Owner: SAGA QUAD STATES COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K52FC (Channel 52; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K55HU (Channel 55; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K20GA (Channel 20; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: TIGER EYE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- K04OV (Channel 4; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K05KD (Channel 5; CARTHAGE, MO; Owner: WORD OF GOD FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- KCLJ-CA (Channel 46; JOPLIN/CARTHAGE, MO; Owner: GARY M./DEBORAH R. KENNY)
- K64FW (Channel 64; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: NEW LIFE EVANGELISTIC CENTER, INC.)
- KGCS-LP (Channel 57; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: BD OF REGENTS, MO. SOUTH. ST.COLLEGE)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 4Number of bridges
- 12m39ftTotal length
- $911,000Total costs
- 1,760Total average daily traffic
- 203Total average daily truck traffic
- 1,775Total future (year 2029) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Galena)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:38 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:9 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Galena, KS)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:3
- RIVERTON, 1.15 Northwest (Lat: 37.086667 Lon: -94.667500), Type: Tower, Structure height: 103.6 m, Overall height: 108.2 m, Call Sign: WQCY570
Assigned Frequencies: 6785.00 MHz, 6795.00 MHzGrant Date: 06/23/2015, Expiration Date: 06/23/2025, Certifier: John E RooneyRegistrant: Holland & Knight LLP, 800 17th Street N.W., Suite #1100, Washington, DC 20006-3906, Phone: (202) 955-3000, Fax: (202) 955-5564, Email:
- KC03RW406, 518 Short St (274061) (Lat: 37.075833 Lon: -94.640389), Type: Ltower, Structure height: 73.8 m, Overall height: 75 m, Call Sign: WQQY351
Assigned Frequencies: 10895.0 MHz, 11015.0 MHz, 10735.0 MHz, 10775.0 MHz, 10735.0 MHz, 10775.0 MHz, 10895.0 MHz, 11015.0 MHz, 10895.0 MHz, 11015.0 MHz... (+26 more)Grant Date: 03/25/2013, Expiration Date: 03/25/2023, Certifier: Kyle B EntzRegistrant: Sprint Nextel Corporation, 12502 Sunrise Valley Drive, Reston, VA 20196, Phone: (703) 433-4000, Fax: (703) 433-4483
- STATE CORNER, 11601 Se 110th Street (Lincolnville # 75197) (Lat: 37.005111 Lon: -94.629361), Type: Gtower, Structure height: 110.6 m, Overall height: 112.5 m, Call Sign: WQTL495
Assigned Frequencies: 11245.0 MHzGrant Date: 02/27/2014, Expiration Date: 02/27/2024, Certifier: John MondayRegistrant: At&t Mobility LLC, 2200 N Greenville Ave., 1w, Richardson, TX 75082, Phone: (972) 234-7003, Fax: (972) 301-6893, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:21 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Galena)
FAA Registered Aircraft:10 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Galena)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Galena and their reported violations in the past:GALENA, CITY OF (Population served: 3,029, Purch surface water):
Past monitoring violations:
- 2 minor monitoring violations
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 189
- Hazardous Condition: 17
- Service Call: 8
- Good Intent Call: 56
Incident types - Galena
|Most common first names in Galena, KS among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Galena, KS among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (60%)
- Electricity (36%)
- Wood (2%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
- No fuel used (1%)
Businesses in Galena, KS
- Dairy Queen: 1
- SONIC Drive-In: 1
- True Value: 1
Galena compared to Kansas state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
Total of 4 patent applications in 2008-2017.