|Median resident age:||27.0 years|
|Utah median age:||27.1 years|
Zip code: 84728
Garrison-Sevier Lake CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $66,557 (it was $46,300 in 2000)
- White alone - 164 (82.0%)
- Hispanic - 33 (16.5%)
- Asian alone - 2 (1.0%)
- American Indian alone - 1 (0.5%)
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Land area: 3595.2 square miles.
Population density: 0.05 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Garrison-Sevier Lake:
- High school or higher: 91.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 19.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 12.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Garrison-Sevier Lake CCD:
- Never married: 22.6%
- Now married: 70.8%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 6.6%
- Divorced: 0.0%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Garrison-Sevier Lake CCD:||0.4% ($199)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Provo, UT (132.5 miles , pop. 105,166).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Las Vegas, NV (216.9 miles , pop. 478,434).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (392.2 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: Baker, NV (6.5 miles ), Hinckley, UT (7.3 miles ), Deseret, UT (7.4 miles ), Oasis, UT (7.5 miles) , Milford, UT (7.5 miles ), Sutherland, UT (7.6 miles) , West Juab, UT (7.6 miles ), Delta, UT (7.7 miles ).
Latitude: 39.06 N, Longitude: 113.62 W
Unemployment by year (%)
Average climate in Garrison-Sevier Lake, Utah
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Garrison-Sevier Lake-area historical earthquake activity is above Utah state average. It is 553% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 229.0 miles away from the city center
On 12/21/1932 at 06:10:09, a magnitude 7.2 (7.2 UK) earthquake occurred 243.7 miles away from Garrison-Sevier Lake center
On 12/16/1954 at 11:07:12, a magnitude 7.0 (7.0 UK) earthquake occurred 235.2 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/1992 at 11:57:34, a magnitude 7.6 (6.2 MB, 7.6 MS, 7.3 MW, Depth: 0.7 mi) earthquake occurred 374.0 miles away from the city center, causing 3 deaths (1 shaking deaths, 2 other deaths) and 400 injuries, causing $100,000,000 total damage and $40,000,000 insured losses
On 7/21/1952 at 11:52:14, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK) earthquake occurred 408.7 miles away from Garrison-Sevier Lake center, causing $50,000,000 total damage
On 10/16/1999 at 09:46:44, a magnitude 7.4 (6.3 MB, 7.4 MS, 7.2 MW, 7.3 ML) earthquake occurred 351.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Millard County (5) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 2
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 2, Landslides: 2, Storms: 2, Drought: 1, Fire: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Garrison-Sevier Lake:
- Southern Utah University (about 101 miles; Cedar City, UT; Full-time enrollment: 6,522)
- Snow College (about 112 miles; Ephraim, UT; FT enrollment: 3,224)
- Utah Valley University (about 132 miles; Orem, UT; FT enrollment: 24,403)
- Brigham Young University-Provo (about 134 miles; Provo, UT; FT enrollment: 33,525)
- Dixie State University (about 136 miles; Saint George, UT; FT enrollment: 6,485)
- Salt Lake Community College (about 143 miles; Salt Lake City, UT; FT enrollment: 20,797)
- Stevens-Henager College-Murray (about 144 miles; Murray, UT; FT enrollment: 6,395)
Notable locations in Garrison-Sevier Lake: Young Ranch (A), CCC Camp Site (B), Desert Range Experimental Station Headquarters (C), School Bus Corral (D), Bagnall Corral (E), The Hermits Cabin (F), Probst Corral (G), Robison Ranch (H), Smithville (I), Ibex Corral (J), Tin Well (K), Range Headquarters (L), Burbank (M), Wheeler Amphitheater (N), Davies Ranch (O), Wild Horse Corral (P), Dearden Ranch (Q), Garrison Fire Department (R), Eskdale Fire Department (S). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Garrison-Sevier Lake: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: Burbank Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Sevier Lake (A), Bitterweed Lake (B), Jackson Pond (C), Watsons Cow Pond (D), Rain Lakes (E), Johnson Pond (F), Salt Marsh Lake (G), Styler Reservoir (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Warm Creek (A), Sevier River (B), Lake Creek (C), Indian George Wash (D), Weaver Creek (E), Big Wash (F), Baker Creek (G), Hendrys Creek (H), Swan Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 4.7% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Garrison-Sevier Lake compared to Utah state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (49%)
- Wood (29%)
- Electricity (11%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (11%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Garrison-Sevier Lake CCD (based on Millard County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 83.36%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||LDS (Mormon) Church||Evangelical Free Church of America||Southern Baptist Convention||International Church of the Foursquare Gospel||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Millard County:||4.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Utah:||1.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|Millard County:||0.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|Utah:||0.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|Millard County:||10.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.82 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.04 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.09 / 10,000 pop.|
4.91% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($30,426 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Utah County, UT||0.72% ($26,036 average AGI)|
|from Salt Lake County, UT||0.59% ($30,391)|
|from Iron County, UT||0.34% ($26,615)|
6.36% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,692 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Garrison-Sevier Lake:
- KALL (700 AM; 50 kW; NORTH SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KIQN (1010 AM; 50 kW; TOOELE, UT)
- KSL (1160 AM; 50 kW; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- KXNT (840 AM; 50 kW; NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KDWN (720 AM; 50 kW; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: RADIO NEVADA CORP.)
- KMTI (650 AM; 10 kW; MANTI, UT; Owner: SANPETE COUNTY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KNNZ (940 AM; 10 kW; CEDAR CITY, UT; Owner: MB MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- KSUB (590 AM; 5 kW; CEDAR CITY, UT; Owner: MB MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- KTKK (630 AM; 10 kW; SANDY, UT; Owner: UNITED BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KSVC (980 AM; 5 kW; RICHFIELD, UT; Owner: MID-UTAH RADIO, INC.)
- KTNN (660 AM; 50 kW; WINDOW ROCK, AZ; Owner: THE NAVAJO NATION)
- KMJ (580 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KBOI (670 AM; 50 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Garrison-Sevier Lake:
- K203CA (88.5 FM; MILFORD, UT; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF UTAH)
Garrison-Sevier Lake on our top lists:
- #20 on the list of "Top 100 cities with largest land areas"
- #29 (84728) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Swiss first ancestries"
- #17 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for 3rd party candidates in the 2004 Presidential Election"
- #67 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for Bush (Republican) in the 2004 Presidential Election"