|Median resident age:||40.9 years|
|Texas median age:||32.3 years|
Zip code: 76520
Gause-Milano CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $82,275 (it was $51,400 in 2000)
- White alone - 2,021 (84.3%)
- Black alone - 205 (8.6%)
- Hispanic - 143 (6.0%)
- Two or more races - 14 (0.6%)
- American Indian alone - 10 (0.4%)
- Asian alone - 4 (0.2%)
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 214.2 square miles.
Population density: 11 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Gause-Milano:
- High school or higher: 74.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.3%
- Unemployed: 4.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 31.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Gause-Milano CCD:
- Never married: 18.7%
- Now married: 63.6%
- Separated: 2.0%
- Widowed: 7.4%
- Divorced: 10.2%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Gause-Milano CCD:||0.9% ($438)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Bryan, TX (27.0 miles , pop. 65,660).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Austin, TX (63.1 miles , pop. 656,562).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Houston, TX (108.5 miles , pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: Milano, TX (1.8 miles ), Rockdale, TX (3.6 miles ), Cameron, TX (3.6 miles ), Cooks Point, TX (3.9 miles ), Caldwell, TX (3.9 miles ), Hearne, TX (4.1 miles ), Burlington, TX (4.1 miles ), Calvert, TX (4.4 miles ).
Latitude: 30.73 N, Longitude: 96.81 W
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (18%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (10%)
- Metal and metal products (8%)
- Utilities (8%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (5%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Educational services (22%)
- Health care (16%)
- Accommodation and food services (10%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Construction (4%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (4%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (6%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Electricians (4%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (12%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (6%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (4%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (4%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (3%)
Average climate in Gause-Milano, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Gause-Milano-area historical tornado activity is near Texas state average. It is 40% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/27/1997, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 48.3 miles away from the Gause-Milano place center killed 27 people and injured 12 people and caused $40 million in damages.
On 5/10/1959, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 13.0 miles away from the place center injured 7 people and caused between $500 and $5000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Gause-Milano-area historical earthquake activity is below Texas state average. It is 87% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 281.4 miles away from the city center
On 4/14/1995 at 00:32:56, a magnitude 5.7 (5.6 MB, 5.7 MS, 5.7 MW, Depth: 11.1 mi) earthquake occurred 391.7 miles away from Gause-Milano center
On 4/9/1993 at 12:29:19, a magnitude 4.3 (4.1 MB, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 154.3 miles away from the city center
On 4/7/2008 at 09:51:12, a magnitude 3.9 (3.9 MB, 3.9 MW, 3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 145.1 miles away from the city center
On 9/6/1997 at 23:38:00, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 272.7 miles away from Gause-Milano center
On 1/2/1992 at 11:45:35, a magnitude 5.0 (4.6 MB, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 386.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Milam County (11) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 4
Emergencies Declared: 6
Causes of natural disasters: Fires: 4, Hurricanes: 4, Storms: 2, Flood: 1, Tornado: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Gause-Milano:
- COLONIAL NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; CAMERON, TX)
- RENAISSANCE VILLA (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; ROCKDALE, TX)
- STANDARDS OF CARE HOME HEALTH (Home Health Center, about 13 miles away; CAMERON, TX)
- CENTRAL TEXAS HOSPITAL Acute Care Hospitals (about 14 miles away; CAMERON, TX)
- ST EDWARD HOSPITAL (Hospital, about 14 miles away; CAMERON, TX)
- MILAM REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (Hospital, about 14 miles away; CAMERON, TX)
- CAMERON NURSING CENTER (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; CAMERON, TX)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Gause-Milano:
- Texas A & M University-College Station (about 30 miles; College Station, TX; Full-time enrollment: 46,550)
- Temple College (about 40 miles; Temple, TX; FT enrollment: 3,796)
- University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (about 46 miles; Belton, TX; FT enrollment: 2,885)
- Blinn College (about 47 miles; Brenham, TX; FT enrollment: 8,959)
- Austin Community College District (about 59 miles; Austin, TX; FT enrollment: 25,957)
- Baylor University (about 60 miles; Waco, TX; FT enrollment: 14,800)
- The University of Texas at Austin (about 64 miles; Austin, TX; FT enrollment: 45,500)
Notable locations in Gause-Milano: Smith Ranch (A), Ferris Public Library (B), Nicholas P Sims Library (C), Milano Volunteer Fire Department (D), Gause Volunteer Fire Department (E), American Medical Response Ambulance Service Station 3 (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Gause-Milano include: Sand Grove Church (A), Church of God and Christ (B), Coxes Providence Church (C), Sandy Creek Church (D), Stephen Chapel (E), Griffin Church (F), Hopewell Church (G), Mount Tabor Church (H), White Oak Ridge Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Coxes Providence Community Cemetery (1), Long Cemetery (2), Smyrna Cemetery (3), Lawson Cemetery (4), Prospect Cemetery (5), Hurt - Graham Cemetery (6), Armstrong Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoirs: Green Lake (A), Young Lake (B), Meco Ranch Lake (C), Texas No Name Number 50 Lake (D), Bullock Lake (E), Armstrong Lake (F), B and B Minnow Farm Lake (G), Zalmanek Lake (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Bee Branch (A), Beaver Creek (B), Beaver Branch (C), Alligator Creek (D), Yellow Rabbit Branch (E), Webb Branch (F), Sewell Branch (G), Sixmile Creek (H), Sour Branch (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Gause-Milano: Cedar Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
|This place:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Gause-Milano compared to Texas state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (51%)
- Electricity (39%)
- Wood (6%)
- Utility gas (4%)
- Other fuel (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Gause-Milano CCD (based on Milam County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 67.15%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||Catholic Church||United Methodist Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Lutheran Church|
|Name||Churches of Christ||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Milam County:||2.42 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|Milam County:||1.21 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Milam County:||4.44 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.85 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
6.09% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,547 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Bell County, TX||0.87% ($34,529 average AGI)|
|from Williamson County, TX||0.84% ($38,955)|
|from Travis County, TX||0.40% ($30,656)|
6.92% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,411 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Gause-Milano:
- KZNE (1150 AM; 10 kW; COLLEGE STATION, TX; Owner: BRYAN BROADCASTING LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, INC.)
- WTAW (1620 AM; 10 kW; COLLEGE STATION, TX; Owner: BRYAN BROADCASTING LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, INC.)
- KGOL (1180 AM; 50 kW; HUMBLE, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KTRH (740 AM; 50 kW; HOUSTON, TX; Owner: AMFM TEXAS LICENSES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KTKR (760 AM; 50 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: CCB TEXAS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WBAP (820 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KKYX (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WOAI (1200 AM; 50 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: CCB TEXAS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KSEV (700 AM; 15 kW; TOMBALL, TX; Owner: LIBERMAN BROADCASTING OF HOUSTON LICENSE CORP.)
- KBBW (1010 AM; 10 kW; WACO-MARLIN, TX; Owner: AMERICAN BROADCASTING OF TEXAS)
- KMIL (1330 AM; 1 kW; CAMERON, TX; Owner: MILAM BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KLBJ (590 AM; 5 kW; AUSTIN, TX; Owner: EMMIS AUSTIN RADIO BROADCASTING COMPANY, L.P.)
- KRZX (1660 AM; 10 kW; WACO, TX; Owner: VAN D. GOODALL, JR.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Gause-Milano:
- KXCS (103.9 FM; CAMERON, TX; Owner: EQUICOM, INC)
- KLTR (107.3 FM; CALDWELL, TX; Owner: ROY E. HENDERSON)
- KRXT (98.5 FM; ROCKDALE, TX; Owner: KRXT, INC.)
- WACO-FM (99.9 FM; WACO, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KHTZ (94.3 FM; CAMERON, TX; Owner: CAMERON BROADCASTING CO)
- KWTX-FM (97.5 FM; WACO, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KNDE (95.1 FM; COLLEGE STATION, TX; Owner: BRYAN BROADCASTING LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, INC.)
- KVJM (103.1 FM; HEARNE, TX; Owner: EQUAL ACCESS MEDIA, INC.)
- KORA-FM (98.3 FM; BRYAN, TX; Owner: EQUICOM, INC)
- KTTX (106.1 FM; BRENHAM, TX; Owner: TOM S. WHITEHEAD, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Gause-Milano:
- KYLE (Channel 28; BRYAN, TX; Owner: COMCORP OF BRYAN LICENSE CORP.)
- KBTX-TV (Channel 3; BRYAN, TX; Owner: KWTX-KBTX LICENSEE CORP.)
- KCEN-TV (Channel 6; TEMPLE, TX; Owner: CHANNEL 6, INC.)
- KXXV (Channel 25; WACO, TX; Owner: CENTEX TELEVISION LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KWKT (Channel 44; WACO, TX; Owner: COMCORP OF TEXAS LICENSE CORP.)
- KWTX-TV (Channel 10; WACO, TX; Owner: KWTX-KBTX LICENSEE CORP.)
- KMAY-LP (Channel 23; BRYAN, TX; Owner: CHANNEL 6, INC.)
- K28AK (Channel 28; COLLEGE STATION, TX; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)