Glascock County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level less than 2 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Low Potential
Air pollution and air quality trends
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 37.1. This is about average.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µ/m3] level in 2010 was 11.5. This is about average. Closest monitor was 21.7 miles away from the city center.
(lower is better)
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2012: 36.3%
(34.5% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 49.4% for Black residents, 35.7% for two or more races residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This city: || 2.2 people|
|Georgia: || 2.6 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This city: || 58.6%|
|Whole state: || 68.5%|
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
|This city: || 5.5%|
|Whole state: || 5.9%|
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.4% of all households
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Gibson, GA
89 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities in 2010
104 people in other group homes in 2000
Gibson compared to Georgia state average:
- Median household income significantly below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Back to the top
Banks with branches in Gibson (2011 data):
- Southern Bank: Gibson Branch at 21 College Street, branch established on 2010/07/26. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $88.5 mil, Deposits: $80.4 mil, headquarters in Sardis, GA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: Sardis Bankshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (47%)
- Utility gas (42%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (10%)
- No fuel used (1%)
- Wood (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Gibson city (based on Glascock County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 62.01%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee)||Progressive Primitive Baptists||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|Glascock County:||3.62 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||1.91 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|Glascock County:||7.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.12 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|Here:||7.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.41 / 10,000 pop.|Adult diabetes rate:
|Georgia:||10.4%|Adult obesity rate:
|Georgia:||27.8%|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Police Protection - Officers
|Totals for Government
Gibson government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Water Utilities: $323,000 ($479.23)
Sewerage: $215,000 ($318.99)
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $57,000 ($84.57)
Central Staff Services: $54,000 ($80.12)
Sewerage: $38,000 ($56.38)
Solid Waste Management: $23,000 ($34.12)
Regular Highways: $19,000 ($28.19)
General - Other: $9,000 ($13.35)
Fire Protection: $8,000 ($11.87)
Police Protection: $2,000 ($2.97)
Judicial and Legal Services: $1,000 ($1.48)
- Other Capital Outlay - Fire Protection: $43,000 ($63.80)
Solid Waste Management: $11,000 ($16.32)
Central Staff: $6,000 ($8.90)
Water Utilities: $1,000 ($1.48)
Sewerage: $1,000 ($1.48)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $85,000 ($126.11)
Gibson government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $53,000 ($78.64)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $51,000 ($75.67)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $19,000 ($28.19)
Rents: $3,000 ($4.45)
General Revenue, NEC: $3,000 ($4.45)
Property Sale Other: $1,000 ($1.48)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $79,000 ($117.21)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $15,000 ($22.26)
- Tax - Public Utilities: $27,000 ($40.06)
Other Selective Sales: $25,000 ($37.09)
Alcoholic Beverage Sales: $18,000 ($26.71)
Property: $15,000 ($22.26)
NEC: $5,000 ($7.42)
Gibson government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Issue, Unspecified - Water Utilities: $535,000 ($793.77)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $535,000 ($793.77)
Gibson government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $635,000 ($942.14)
8.30% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($33,616 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
7.46% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($29,277 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Strongest AM radio stations in Gibson:
- WMAC (940 AM; 50 kW; MACON, GA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WGAC (580 AM; 5 kW; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WGAC LICENSE, LLC)
- WCNN (680 AM; 50 kW; NORTH ATLANTA, GA; Owner: DICKEY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WSB (750 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WGST (640 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WLFJ (660 AM; daytime; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBAJ (890 AM; daytime; 50 kW; BLYTHEWOOD, SC; Owner: FAMILY FIRST)
- WGUN (1010 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: WGUN, INC.)
- WRDW (1480 AM; 10 kW; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WCHZ LICENSE, LLC)
- WTEL (1630 AM; 10 kW; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WCHZ LICENSE, LLC)
- WCEO (840 AM; daytime; 50 kW; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: EASTERN BROADCASTING GROUP, INC.)
- WCSZ (1070 AM; 50 kW; SANS SOUCI, SC; Owner: WHYZ RADIO, L.P.)
- WQXI (790 AM; 28 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: JEFFERSON-PILOT COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY OF GEORGIA)
Strongest FM radio stations in Gibson:
- WAKB (96.9 FM; WRENS, GA; Owner: RADIO ONE OF AUGUSTA, LLC)
- WCHZ (95.1 FM; HARLEM, GA; Owner: WCHZ LICENSE,LLC)
- WAFJ (88.3 FM; BELVEDERE, SC; Owner: RADIO TRAINING NETWORK, INC.)
- WRFN (93.1 FM; WARRENTON, GA; Owner: WCHZ LICENSE, LLC)
- WTHO-FM (101.7 FM; THOMSON, GA; Owner: CAMELLIA CITY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WQZY (95.9 FM; DUBLIN, GA; Owner: STATE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WZNY (105.7 FM; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WLRR (100.7 FM; MILLEDGEVILLE, GA; Owner: PRESTON W. SMALL)
- WPEH-FM (92.1 FM; LOUISVILLE, GA; Owner: PEACH BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WPRW-FM (107.7 FM; MARTINEZ, GA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
TV broadcast stations around Gibson:
- WCES-TV (Channel 20; WRENS, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WJBF (Channel 6; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL BROADCASTING OF SO. CAROLINA HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WAGT (Channel 26; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WAGT TELEVISION, INC.)
- WRDW-TV (Channel 12; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WRDW LICENSEE CORP.)
- WFXG (Channel 54; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: FISHER BROADCASTING - GEORGIA, L.L.C.)
Gibson fatal accident list:
Feb 4, 2011 09:32 PM, Beall Springs Rd, Lat: 33.28429722, Lon: -82.65778611, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
Jan 16, 1982 00:30 AM, 102, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1, Drunken drivers: 1
National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
Number of bridges: 2
Total length: 22 meters (72ft)
Total average daily traffic: 2,140
Total average daily truck traffic: 92
Total future (year 2029) average daily traffic: 3,185
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:
2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Gibson
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:
14 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:
- Off Hwy 102 On Old Mitchell Rd 1.4 Mi W (Lat: 33.235694 Lon: -82.619306), Call Sign: KIB788, Licensee ID: L00011952
Assigned Frequencies: 159.360 MHz, 159.390 MHz
Grant Date: 07/01/1998, Expiration Date: 08/11/2003, Cancellation Date: 08/23/2002
Registrant: State Of Georgia, 200 Piedmont Ave 1402 West, Atlanta, GA 30334-9010, Phone: (912) 751-3494
- Water Tank .4 Mi W On Ga Hwy 102 (Lat: 33.232083 Lon: -82.601250), Call Sign: KNAI201
Assigned Frequencies: 154.740 MHz, 154.905 MHz, 154.935 MHz
Grant Date: 07/20/2000, Expiration Date: 10/05/2005, Cancellation Date: 01/07/2006
Registrant: County Of Glascock, Glascock County Courthouse, Gibson, GA 30810
- Police Station 80 & Main St (Lat: 33.230694 Lon: -82.595694), Call Sign: KUV597, Licensee ID: L00651620
Assigned Frequencies: 154.740 MHz, 154.905 MHz, 154.935 MHz, 155.370 MHz
Grant Date: 03/11/2003, Expiration Date: 03/17/2013, Cancellation Date: 05/18/2013
Registrant: City Of Gibson, City Hall, Gibson, GA 30810
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:
- RAILROAD, Ga Hwy 171 North Of Gibson (Lat: 33.284750 Lon: -82.595583), Type: Tower, Structure height: 152.4 m, Overall height: 155.4 m, Call Sign: WQPP857
Assigned Frequencies: 6345.49 MHz
Grant Date: 07/17/2012, Expiration Date: 07/17/2022, Certifier: Pamelia Y Hoof
Registrant: Verizon Wireless, 1120 Sanctuary Pkwy, #150 Gasa5reg, Alpharetta, GA 30009-7630, Phone: (770) 797-1070, Fax: (770) 797-1036, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
- Call Sign: KE4SSJ, Licensee ID: L00758665
Grant Date: 10/19/2004, Expiration Date: 11/15/2014, Certifier: Margaret E Gatliff
Registrant: Margaret E Gatliff, Gibson, GA 30810
FAA Registered Aircraft:
- Aircraft: CESSNA 150L (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 90 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR 0-200 SERIES (100 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 6902G , Serial Number: 15072402, Year manufactured: 1970, Airworthiness Date: 08/13/1976
Registrant (Individual): David O Jones, 7001 Jordon Chapel Rd, Gibson, GA 30810
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
|Most common first names in Gibson, GA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Gibson, GA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
- #4 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in other group homes"
- #27 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Florists"
- #82 on the list of "Top 100 cities with the largest percentage of females"
- #86 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Sporting goods, camera, and hobby and toy stores"
- #91 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Life, physical, and social science technicians"
- #99 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Motor vehicle, parts and supplies merchant wholesalers"
- #101 on the list of "Top 101 cities with low-earning residents located near cities with high-earning residents"
- #88 (30810) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of United States or American first ancestries (pop 1,000+)"