Cloud County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Highest Potential
Drinking water stations with addresses in Glasco and their reported violations in the past:
GLASCO, CITY OF (Population served: 504, Purch_surface_water):
Past monitoring violations:
- CCR Complete Failure to Report - Between JUL-2001 and AUG-2001, Consumer Confidence Rule. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (AUG-31-2001)
- CCR Complete Failure to Report - Between JUL-01-2000 and JUL-11-2000, Consumer Confidence Rule. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (JUL-11-2000)
- CCR Complete Failure to Report - Between OCT-19-1999 and JUN-06-2000, Consumer Confidence Rule. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (JUN-06-2000)
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2009: 6.2%
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This city: || 2.2 people|
|Kansas: || 2.4 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This city: || 65.6%|
|Whole state: || 66.2%|
No gay or lesbian households reported
|This city: || 1.7%|
|Whole state: || 4.1%|
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Glasco, KS
42 people in nursing homes
Glasco compared to Kansas state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- House age significantly above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Back to the top
Banks with branches in Glasco (2011 data):
- The State Bank of Delphos: The State Bank Of Delphos - Glasco B at 201 East Main, branch established on 2006/07/18. Info updated 2010/10/07: Bank assets: $43.0 mil, Deposits: $33.6 mil, headquarters in Delphos, KS, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Delphos, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%)
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (94%)
- Electricity (4%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
2004 Presidential Election results in Cloud County Kansas:
Religion statistics for Glasco (based on Cloud County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 61.59%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||United Methodist Church||American Baptist Churches in the USA|| The Wesleyan Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America|
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Presbyterian Church (USA)|| The Evangelical Covenant Church||Assemblies of God||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|This county:||3.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kansas:||1.96 / 10,000 pop.|Number of supercenters and club stores:
|Cloud County:||1.07 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kansas:||0.20 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|Cloud County:||5.33 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kansas:||3.84 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|Cloud County:||10.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.33 / 10,000 pop.|Adult obesity rate:
|Kansas:||27.9%|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Streets and Highways
|Totals for Government
Glasco government finances in 2002:
- Charges - Sewerage: $59,000 ($118.71)
All Other: $19,000 ($38.23)
Parks & Recreation: $4,000 ($8.05)
- Current Operations - Electric Utilities: $247,000 ($496.98)
Water Utilities: $98,000 ($197.18)
Regular Highways: $50,000 ($100.60)
Solid Waste Management: $41,000 ($82.49)
Parks & Recreation: $24,000 ($48.29)
General - Other: $22,000 ($44.27)
Sewerage: $21,000 ($42.25)
Police Protection: $16,000 ($32.19)
Health Services - Other: $15,000 ($30.18)
Financial Administration: $14,000 ($28.17)
Fire Protection: $3,000 ($6.04)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $45,000 ($90.54)
All Other: $10,000 ($20.12)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $37,000 ($74.45)
General Revenue, NEC: $16,000 ($32.19)
- Other Capital Outlay - Regular Highways: $31,000 ($62.37)
Electric Utilities: $4,000 ($8.05)
Water Utilities: $4,000 ($8.05)
General - Other: $2,000 ($4.02)
Sewerage: $2,000 ($4.02)
Parks & Recreation: $2,000 ($4.02)
Fire Protection: $2,000 ($4.02)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $887,000 ($1784.71)
- Revenue - Electric Utilities: $297,000 ($597.59)
Water Utilities: $99,000 ($199.20)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $16,000 ($32.19)
General Support: $5,000 ($10.06)
- Tax - Property: $38,000 ($76.46)
Public Utilities: $17,000 ($34.21)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $136,000 ($273.64)
5.63% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($24,641 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
7.39% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($27,883 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Glasco:
- KFRM (550 AM; 5 kW; SALINA, KS; Owner: TAYLOR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KVSV (1190 AM; 2 kW; BELOIT, KS; Owner: MCGRATH PUBLISHING COMPANY)
- KRVN (880 AM; 50 kW; LEXINGTON, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA RURAL RADIO ASSOCIATION)
- KSAL (1150 AM; 5 kW; SALINA, KS; Owner: EBC INC.)
- KOIL (1020 AM; 50 kW; PLATTSMOUTH, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KFAB (1110 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KKAR (1290 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KNCK (1390 AM; 1 kW; CONCORDIA, KS; Owner: KNCK, INC.)
- KRMG (740 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KMMJ (750 AM; 11 kW; GRAND ISLAND, NE; Owner: JRK BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- KYDZ (1180 AM; 25 kW; BELLEVUE, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KFTI (1070 AM; 10 kW; WICHITA, KS; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Glasco:
- KCKS (94.9 FM; CONCORDIA, KS; Owner: KNCK, INC.)
- KVSV-FM (105.5 FM; BELOIT, KS; Owner: MCGRATH PUBLISHING COMPANY)
- KHCD (89.5 FM; SALINA, KS; Owner: HUTCHINSON COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- KAKA (88.5 FM; SALINA, KS; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- KCVS (91.7 FM; SALINA, KS; Owner: VCY AMERICA, INC.)
- KILS (92.7 FM; MINNEAPOLIS, KS; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KYEZ (93.7 FM; SALINA, KS; Owner: EBC INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Glasco:
- KSNB-TV (Channel 4; SUPERIOR, NE; Owner: COLINS BROADCASTING COMPANY)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:
10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers in Glasco
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:
- City Hall (Lat: 39.365000 Lon: -97.840583), Call Sign: KLJ247
Assigned Frequencies: 155.715 MHz
Grant Date: 09/21/2004, Expiration Date: 06/21/2014
Registrant: Pierce Electronics, 109 South Washington, Jewell, KS 66901, Phone: (785) 428-3601, Fax: (785) 428-3370, Email:
- 206 East Main (Lat: 39.361667 Lon: -97.838056), Type: Tank, Structure height: 37 m, Overall height: 43 m, Call Sign: KLJ249
Assigned Frequencies: 155.715 MHz
Grant Date: 01/23/2003, Expiration Date: 01/19/2013
Registrant: Pierce Electronics, 109 South Washington Street, Jewell, KS 66949, Phone: (785) 428-3601, Fax: (785) 428-3370, Email:
- City Water Tower 208 E Main (Lat: 39.366667 Lon: -97.837806), Type: Tank, Structure height: 30 m, Call Sign: WPFK866
Assigned Frequencies: 159.225 MHz
Grant Date: 05/28/2005, Expiration Date: 08/03/2015, Certifier: Burl Maley Chief Of Polic
Registrant: Pierce Electronics, 1970 V Road, Mankato, KS 66956, Phone: (785) 378-3158, Fax: (785) 378-3403, Email:
- Rr 1 Box 63 (Lat: 39.422778 Lon: -97.712250), Call Sign: KNAN951, Licensee ID: L00111071
Assigned Frequencies: 158.355 MHz
Grant Date: 02/15/2001, Expiration Date: 01/28/2011
Registrant: George B Kocher, Rrt 1 Box 63, Glasco, KS 67445, Phone: (913) 243-4306
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:
- STATION, 1.8 Mi E Of (Lat: 39.368333 Lon: -97.798361), Overall height: 79.2 m, Call Sign: KNR79
Assigned Frequencies: 6605.00 MHz, 6665.00 MHz
Grant Date: 09/19/1996, Expiration Date: 09/19/2001, Cancellation Date: 08/05/1999
Registrant: Phone: (708) 691-3854
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
- Call Sign: AA0IQ, Previous Call Sign: KA0RXL, Licensee ID: L00443415
Grant Date: 04/03/2002, Expiration Date: 06/02/2012
Registrant: Claude J Harwood, 405 Spaulding, Glasco, KS 67445
- Call Sign: KA0TTU, Licensee ID: L00250801
Grant Date: 12/19/1994, Expiration Date: 12/19/2004, Cancellation Date: 12/28/2002
Registrant: David L Berndt, Glasco, KS 67445
- Call Sign: KA0UAR, Licensee ID: L00443403
Grant Date: 01/04/2002, Expiration Date: 03/03/2012
Registrant: Marilyn L Harwood, Glasco, KS 67445
- Call Sign: KB0HGB
Grant Date: 10/23/1990, Expiration Date: 10/23/2000, Cancellation Date: 10/24/2002
Registrant: Troy L Boucek, Rt 1 Box 193, Glasco, KS 67445
- Call Sign: N0AAB, Licensee ID: L00070300
Grant Date: 12/10/2003, Expiration Date: 01/18/2014
Registrant: John B Nelson, 260 Cloud Rd, Glasco, KS 67445
- Call Sign: W0FIX, Previous Call Sign: KA0TTU, Licensee ID: L00250801
Grant Date: 12/28/2002, Expiration Date: 12/28/2012, Certifier: David L Berndt
Registrant: David L Berndt, Glasco, KS 67445
FAA Registered Aircraft:
- Aircraft: BEECH S35 (Category: Land, Seats: 6, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 150 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR IO 520 SERIES (285 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 6019F , Serial Number: D-7901, Year manufactured: 1965
Registrant (Individual): Ray E Palmer, Po Box 596, Glasco, KS 67445
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
|Most common first names in Glasco, KS among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Glasco, KS among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
- #16 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Farm product raw material merchant wholesalers"
- #26 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Child care workers"
- #37 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Machinery, equipment, and supplies merchant wholesalers"
- #55 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Office supplies and stationery stores"
- #92 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Other sales and related workers including supervisors"
- #52 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest number of deaths per 1000 residents 2000-2003"