|Median resident age:||36.1 years|
|Wyoming median age:||36.2 years|
Zip code: 82244
Goshen Hole CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $192,895 (it was $108,100 in 2000)
- White alone - 1,242 (92.6%)
- Hispanic - 64 (4.8%)
- Two or more races - 13 (1.0%)
- American Indian alone - 11 (0.8%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 5 (0.4%)
- Asian alone - 4 (0.3%)
- Black alone - 1 (0.07%)
- Other race alone - 1 (0.07%)
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Land area: 975.1 square miles.
Population density: 1.3 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Goshen Hole:
- High school or higher: 92.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 24.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.8%
- Unemployed: 8.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 33.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Goshen Hole CCD:
- Never married: 19.3%
- Now married: 70.9%
- Separated: 0.7%
- Widowed: 3.9%
- Divorced: 5.9%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Goshen Hole CCD:||0.4% ($421)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Cheyenne, WY (53.6 miles , pop. 53,011).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: West Adams, CO (140.5 miles , pop. 259,628).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (712.7 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: Yoder, WY (2.5 miles) , Veteran, WY (2.7 miles) , Hawk Springs, WY (2.8 miles) , Huntley, WY (3.7 miles) , Torrington, WY (4.2 miles ), Lyman, NE (4.3 miles ), La Grange, WY (4.3 miles ), Lingle, WY (4.4 miles ).
Latitude: 41.85 N, Longitude: 104.39 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 307
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (36%)
- Construction (11%)
- Broadcasting and telecommunications (8%)
- Farm supplies merchant wholesalers (7%)
- Repair and maintenance (5%)
- Truck transportation (5%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Educational services (29%)
- Public administration (20%)
- Social assistance (10%)
- Health care (9%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (7%)
- Farm product raw materials merchant wholesalers (4%)
- Gasoline stations (3%)
- Farmers and farm managers (27%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (10%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (10%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (8%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (7%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (4%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (15%)
- Postsecondary teachers (9%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Counselors, social workers, and other community and social service specialists (5%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (5%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (5%)
Average climate in Goshen Hole, Wyoming
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Goshen Hole-area historical tornado activity is significantly above Wyoming state average. It is 29% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/27/1955, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 30.6 miles away from the Goshen Hole place center killed 2 people and injured 29 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 6/26/1955, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 8.7 miles away from the place center .
Earthquake activity:Goshen Hole-area historical earthquake activity is below Wyoming state average. It is 15% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 367.3 miles away from the city center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/18/1984 at 15:30:23, a magnitude 5.5 (5.4 MB, 5.1 MS, 5.5 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 71.2 miles away from Goshen Hole center
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 500.4 miles away from the city center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 9/8/1984 at 00:59:31, a magnitude 5.1 (5.1 MB) earthquake occurred 181.7 miles away from the city center
On 6/30/1975 at 18:54:13, a magnitude 6.1 (5.6 MB, 5.9 MS, 6.1 UK, 6.1 ML, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 374.5 miles away from Goshen Hole center
On 5/29/1984 at 20:18:32, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB) earthquake occurred 182.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Goshen County (2) is a lot smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Winter Storms: 2 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Goshen Hole:
- Laramie County Community College (about 56 miles; Cheyenne, WY; Full-time enrollment: 3,288)
- Wyotech-Laramie (about 72 miles; Laramie, WY; FT enrollment: 2,765)
- University of Wyoming (about 72 miles; Laramie, WY; FT enrollment: 10,810)
- Colorado State University-Fort Collins (about 96 miles; Fort Collins, CO; FT enrollment: 25,099)
- Chadron State College (about 98 miles; Chadron, NE; FT enrollment: 2,374)
- University of Northern Colorado (about 102 miles; Greeley, CO; FT enrollment: 11,469)
- Aims Community College (about 102 miles; Greeley, CO; FT enrollment: 3,598)
Notable locations in Goshen Hole: McClure Ranch (A), Old Doty Ranch Site (B), Werner Ranch (C), Smith Ranch (D), Bogville Ranch (E), Morrie Ranch (F), Otto Ranch (G), Duroc (H), Goodland (I), Teeters Ranch (J), Tremain Ranch (K), Breckner Ranch (L), Carlson Ranch (M), Day Ranch (N), E G House Ranch (O), Wilkins Ranch (P), Wycross Ranch (Q), Greasewood Ranch (R), Green Ranch (S), Gregory Ranch (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Goshen Hole: Bear Creek Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: La Grange Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Reservoirs: Garrelts Number 1 Reservoir (A), Kaufman Number 1 Reservoir (B), Long Gulch Reservoir (C), Hawk Springs Reservoir (D), Sandercock Reservoir (E), H 2 Detention Reservoir (F), Dunn Reservoir (G), Eaton Reservoir (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Lone Tree Creek (A), Little Deer Creek (B), Badger Branch (C), Hoyt Creek (D), Fox Creek (E), Bear Creek (F), Spring Run (G), Dater Creek (H), Sixmile Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Goshen Hole: Springer Wildlife Mangement Unit (1). Display/hide its location on the map
|This place:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
12 people in correctional residential facilities in 2010
103 people in college dormitories (includes college quarters off campus) in 2000
Goshen Hole compared to Wyoming state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (77%)
- Electricity (8%)
- Wood (8%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (5%)
- Coal or coke (2%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Goshen Hole CCD (based on Goshen County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 37.08%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Lutheran Church||United Church of Christ||United Methodist Church|
|Name||LDS (Mormon) Church||Baptist General Conference||American Baptist Churches in the USA||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Goshen County:||3.33 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wyoming:||2.10 / 10,000 pop.|
|Goshen County:||4.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.98 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||10.08 / 10,000 pop.|
8.78% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($118,569 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Scotts Bluff County, NE||0.76% ($35,833 average AGI)|
|from Albany County, WY||0.53% ($24,080)|
|from Carbon County, WY||0.42% ($30,500)|
8.24% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($36,584 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Goshen Hole:
- KIMB (1260 AM; 50 kW; KIMBALL, NE; Owner: G & L INVESTMENTS, LLC)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KKZN (760 AM; 50 kW; THORNTON, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KTWO (1030 AM; 50 kW; CASPER, WY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KNEB (960 AM; 5 kW; SCOTTSBLUFF, NE; Owner: PANHANDLE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KGAB (650 AM; 9 kW; ORCHARD VALLEY, WY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KOLT (1320 AM; 5 kW; SCOTTSBLUFF, NE; Owner: TRACY BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KJJL (1370 AM; 10 kW; CHEYENNE, WY; Owner: CHRISTUS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KGOS (1490 AM; 1 kW; TORRINGTON, WY; Owner: MT. RUSHMORE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KUYO (830 AM; daytime; 25 kW; EVANSVILLE, WY; Owner: WYOMING CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KOA (850 AM; 50 kW; DENVER, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KKWY (1630 AM; 10 kW; FOX FARM, WY; Owner: CHRISTUS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KMXA (1090 AM; 50 kW; AURORA, CO; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Goshen Hole:
- KERM (98.3 FM; TORRINGTON, WY; Owner: MT. RUSHMORE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KOLT-FM (101.3 FM; BRIDGEPORT, NE; Owner: TRACY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KMOR (92.9 FM; SCOTTSBLUFF, NE; Owner: TRACY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KREO (105.3 FM; PINE BLUFFS, WY; Owner: LARAMIE MOUNTAIN BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- KOZY-FM (103.9 FM; GERING, NE; Owner: TRACY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KKAW (107.3 FM; ALBIN, WY; Owner: TSB II, INC)
Goshen Hole on our top lists:
- #22 on the list of "Top 100 highest located cities"