|Median resident age:||37.1 years|
|Kentucky median age:||35.9 years|
Zip code: 42728
Gradyville CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $67,696 (it was $47,900 in 2000)
- White alone - 2,299 (96.8%)
- Black alone - 22 (0.9%)
- Hispanic - 21 (0.9%)
- Two or more races - 20 (0.8%)
- American Indian alone - 10 (0.4%)
- Asian alone - 2 (0.08%)
- Other race alone - 1 (0.04%)
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 712 feet
Land area: 104.2 square miles.
Population density: 24 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Gradyville:
- High school or higher: 55.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.2%
- Unemployed: 2.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 24.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Gradyville CCD:
- Never married: 18.2%
- Now married: 65.4%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 7.9%
- Divorced: 8.5%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Gradyville CCD:||0.5% ($248)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Louisville, KY (84.3 miles , pop. 256,231).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (353.4 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Columbia, KY (2.8 miles ), Gresham, KY (3.1 miles ), Glens Fork, KY (3.3 miles ), Cane Valley, KY (3.4 miles ), Edmonton, KY (3.4 miles ), Center, KY (3.8 miles ), Marrowbone, KY (3.9 miles ), White Oak, KY (3.9 miles ).
Latitude: 37.04 N, Longitude: 85.42 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 270
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (19%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (16%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Truck transportation (5%)
- Wood products (5%)
- Metal and metal products (5%)
- Machinery (5%)
- Health care (15%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Apparel (7%)
- Transportation equipment (7%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (6%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (5%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (7%)
- Fishing and hunting, and forest and logging workers (7%)
- Sales representatives, services, wholesale and manufacturing (6%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (5%)
- Farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (9%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (7%)
- Health technologists and technicians (7%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (6%)
- Textile, apparel, and furnishings workers (6%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (6%)
Average climate in Gradyville, Kentucky
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Gradyville-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Kentucky state average. It is 45% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/27/1971, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 7.9 miles away from the Gradyville place center killed 6 people and injured 58 people.
On 4/3/1974, a category F4 tornado 12.9 miles away from the place center injured 56 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Gradyville-area historical earthquake activity is near Kentucky state average. It is 77% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 114.5 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 166.4 miles away from Gradyville center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 145.0 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 182.3 miles away from the city center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 118.2 miles away from Gradyville center
On 9/7/1988 at 02:28:09, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG) earthquake occurred 114.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Adair County (11) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 5, Storms: 5, Tornadoes: 4, Winter Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Freeze: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snow: 1, Snowfall: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Gradyville:
- FAMILY HOME HEALTH CARE INC (Hospital, about 8 miles away; COLUMBIA, KY)
- PERSONAL TOUCH HOME CARE OF KY (Home Health Center, about 8 miles away; COLUMBIA, KY)
- AMEDISYS HOME HEALTH (Home Health Center, about 9 miles away; COLUMBIA, KY)
- METCALFE HEALTH CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; EDMONTON, KY)
- GOLDEN LIVINGCENTER-GREEN HILL (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; GREENSBURG, KY)
- GREEN HILL MANOR (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; GREENSBURG, KY)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Gradyville:
- Lindsey Wilson College (about 9 miles; Columbia, KY; Full-time enrollment: 2,552)
- Campbellsville University (about 22 miles; Campbellsville, KY; FT enrollment: 2,948)
- Somerset Community College (about 45 miles; Somerset, KY; FT enrollment: 4,698)
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College (about 52 miles; Elizabethtown, KY; FT enrollment: 3,762)
- Western Kentucky University (about 58 miles; Bowling Green, KY; FT enrollment: 16,942)
- Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College (about 59 miles; Bowling Green, KY; FT enrollment: 2,794)
- Tennessee Technological University (about 60 miles; Cookeville, TN; FT enrollment: 9,761)
Notable locations in Gradyville: Picnic (A), Breeding Area Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Gradyville include: Gradyville Baptist Church (A), Harrods Fork Church (B), Hogard Church (C), Jones Chapel (D), Leatherwood Church (E), Milltown Church (F), Morris Chapel (G), New Tarters Chapel (H), Pleasant Ridge United Methodist Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Union Cemetery (1), Clark Cemetery (2), Weed Cemetery (3), Stapp Cemetery (4), Stotts Cemetery (5), Dohoney Cemetery (6), Janes Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Big Creek (A), Cool Springs Creek (B), Casey Fork (C), Carp Branch (D), Sulphur Fork (E), Butlers Fork (F), Short Creek (G), Reece Branch (H), Moss Branch (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Gradyville compared to Kentucky state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (42%)
- Wood (28%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (18%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (7%)
- Utility gas (4%)
- Other fuel (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Gradyville CCD (based on Adair County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 47.93%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||United Methodist Church||Southern Baptist Convention||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Separate Baptists in Christ||Church of the Nazarene|
|Name||Churches of Christ||Brethren in Christ Church||Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee)||Old Order Amish||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Adair County:||3.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||2.19 / 10,000 pop.|
|Adair County:||5.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.74 / 10,000 pop.|
5.92% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($27,488 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Russell County, KY||0.97% ($22,815 average AGI)|
|from Taylor County, KY||0.84% ($29,426)|
|from Jefferson County, KY||0.29% ($22,500)|
5.23% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($24,976 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Gradyville:
- WAIN (1270 AM; 1 kW; COLUMBIA, KY)
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WKVL (850 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: HORNE RADIO, LLC)
- WAMB (1160 AM; 50 kW; DONELSON, TN; Owner: GREAT SOUTHERN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WKDA (1200 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: RADIO NASHVILLE, INC.)
- WLAC (1510 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WNQM (1300 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WNQM. INC.)
- WWAM (820 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JASPER, TN; Owner: SHELTON BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
- WAKY (1540 AM; 1 kW; GREENSBURG, KY; Owner: GREEN COUNTY CBC, INC.)
- WJKY (1060 AM; daytime; 1 kW; JAMESTOWN, KY; Owner: LAKE CUMBERLAND BROADCASTERS)
- WFLI (1070 AM; 50 kW; LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN, TN; Owner: WFLI, INC.)
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Gradyville:
- WKNK (99.1 FM; EDMONTON, KY; Owner: HART COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WDCL-FM (89.7 FM; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY)
- WGRK-FM (103.1 FM; GREENSBURG, KY; Owner: GREEN COUNTY CBC, INC.)
- WAIN-FM (93.5 FM; COLUMBIA, KY; Owner: TRI-COUNTY RADIO BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WHVE (92.7 FM; RUSSELL SPRINGS, KY; Owner: SHORELINE COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WKYR-FM (107.9 FM; BURKESVILLE, KY; Owner: RAY MULLINIX)
- WCKQ (104.1 FM; CAMPBELLSVILLE, KY; Owner: CBC OF MARION & TAYLOR COUNTIES INC)
- WTKY-FM (92.1 FM; TOMPKINSVILLE, KY; Owner: WHITTIMORE ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- WJRS (104.9 FM; JAMESTOWN, KY; Owner: LAKE CUMBERLAND BROADCASTERS)
- WGGC (95.1 FM; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: HERITAGE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WOVO (105.3 FM; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: NEWBERRY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WVLC (99.9 FM; MANNSVILLE, KY; Owner: PATRICIA RODGERS)
- WMKZ (93.1 FM; MONTICELLO, KY; Owner: MONTICELLO-WAYNE COUNTY MEDIA, INC.)
- WKWY (102.7 FM; TOMPKINSVILLE, KY; Owner: J.K. WHITTIMORE)
- WHHT (106.7 FM; HORSE CAVE, KY; Owner: NEWBERRY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSGP (88.3 FM; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: SOMERSET EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
TV broadcast stations around Gradyville:
- WBKI-TV (Channel 34; CAMPBELLSVILLE, KY; Owner: LOUISVILLE COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WKSO-TV (Channel 29; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: KENTUCKY AUTHORITY FOR EDUCATIONAL TV)
- W04BP (Channel 4; CAMPBELLSVILLE, KY; Owner: CAMPSVILLE UNIVERSITY)
Total length: 2 meters (7ft)
Total average daily traffic: 100
Total future (year 2031) average daily traffic: 121
Gradyville on our top lists:
- #44 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Cashiers"
- #92 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Motor vehicle, parts and supplies merchant wholesalers"
- #32 (42728) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of taxpayers using paid preparers for 2004 taxes (pop 5,000+)"
- #52 (42728) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of United States or American first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"