We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||31.9 years|
|Georgia median age:||36.4 years|
Zip codes: 30642.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $13,967 (it was $14,494 in 2000)
Greensboro city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $83,791 (it was $62,500 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2015: $648.
Races in Greensboro, GA (2010)
- 2,00359.6%Black alone
- 87125.9%White alone
- 351.0%Two or more races
- 90.3%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
- 50.1%American Indian alone
- 50.1%Other race alone
- 30.09%Asian alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- The decline of the U.S. Agriculture industry visualized Apr 23
- The revenues and net sales of Samsonite Apr 21
- Crowfunding is a fast-increasing market Apr 19
- The number of jobs in Construction is falling across the U.S. Apr 17
- Higher local employment numbers lead to higher payrolls, especially in finance Apr 15
Latest news from Greensboro, GA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (11.5%), African (3.6%), Irish (2.4%), English (1.6%), Italian (1.1%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 640 feet
Land area: 5.82 square miles.
Population density: 589 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Greensboro:
- High school or higher: 65.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.6%
- Unemployed: 6.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 20.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Greensboro city:
- Never married: 48.1%
- Now married: 32.3%
- Separated: 5.8%
- Widowed: 5.8%
- Divorced: 8.0%
543 residents are foreign born (13.4% Latin America).
According to our research of Georgia and other state lists there were 26 registered sex offenders living in Greensboro, Georgia as of April 23, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Greensboro to the number of sex offenders is 130 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $886 (0.8%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $560 (1.0%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Athens, GA (28.5 miles , pop. 76,500).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Atlanta, GA (71.6 miles , pop. 416,474).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (622.4 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Siloam, GA (2.5 miles ), Union Point, GA (2.6 miles ), Greshamville, GA (2.8 miles ), Woodville, GA (2.9 miles ), Buckhead, GA (3.2 miles ), White Plains, GA (3.2 miles ), Maxeys, GA (3.6 miles ), Phoenix, GA (4.0 miles ).
Latitude: 33.57 N, Longitude: 83.18 W
Area code: 706
|Crime rates in Greensboro by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 284.8)||492.7||403.4||547.9||440.3||510.7||539.6||536.4||530.9||483.1||409.6||407.4||371.4||269.9||348.2|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Greensboro detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||5.52|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +213 (+7.0%).
- Administrative and support and waste management services (22%)
- Construction (18%)
- Manufacturing (16%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Other services, except public administration (7%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (28%)
- Educational services (18%)
- Accommodation and food services (16%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Manufacturing (11%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Other services, except public administration (3%)
- Material moving occupations (26%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (14%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (13%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (10%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (10%)
- Fire fighting and prevention, and other protective service workers including supervisors (7%)
- Transportation occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (19%)
- Sales and related occupations (15%)
- Personal care and service occupations (10%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (9%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (9%)
- Management occupations (7%)
- Community and social service occupations (7%)
Average climate in Greensboro, Georgia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Greensboro-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Georgia state average. It is 9% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/22/1992, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 11.2 miles away from the Greensboro city center killed 5 people and injured 86 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 5/28/1973, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 28.9 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 65 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Greensboro-area historical earthquake activity is near Georgia state average. It is 83% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 45.0 miles away from the city center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 154.1 miles away from Greensboro center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML) earthquake occurred 160.3 miles away from the city center
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB) earthquake occurred 181.7 miles away from the city center
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 235.3 miles away from Greensboro center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 323.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Greene County (8) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 5
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 2, Storms: 2, Tornadoes: 2, Winds: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Tropical Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: William Crosby Dawson - Politician, Joshua Nesbitt - Football player, Gerald Davis (Canadian football) - Player of and football.
Hospitals and medical centers in Greensboro:
airports located in Greensboro:
- Greene County Regional Airport (3J7) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 2,200, Local Ops: 700, Military Ops: 100)
- Smith Airport (2GE3) (Runways: 1)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Greensboro:
- University of Georgia (about 29 miles; Athens, GA; Full-time enrollment: 32,679)
- Athens Technical College (about 31 miles; Athens, GA; FT enrollment: 3,204)
- Georgia College and State University (about 34 miles; Milledgeville, GA; FT enrollment: 6,271)
- Georgia Military College-Distance Learning Campuses (about 35 miles; Milledgeville, GA; FT enrollment: 6,438)
- Georgia Gwinnett College (about 55 miles; Lawrenceville, GA; FT enrollment: 7,993)
- Gwinnett Technical College (about 58 miles; Lawrenceville, GA; FT enrollment: 5,138)
- Mercer University (about 59 miles; Macon, GA; FT enrollment: 6,297)
Public high schools in Greensboro:
- GREENE COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 525, Location: 1002 S MAIN ST, Grades: 9-12)
- LAKE OCONEE CHARTER (Location: 5800 LAKE OCONEE PKWY, Grades: PK-9, Charter school)
Public elementary/middle schools in Greensboro:
Notable locations in Greensboro: Greene County Industrial Park (A), Greensboro Volunteer Fire Department (B), Greene County Emergency Medical Services (C), Greensboro City Hall (D), Greene County Library (E), Greene County Courthouse (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Center: Dogwood Plaza Shopping Center (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Greensboro include: Springfield Church (A), First Baptist Church (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Greensboro City Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Reservoirs: Webb Lake (A), Phelps Lake (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Greensboro include: Robinson Park (1), South Walnut Street Historic District (2), South Street-Broad Street-Main Street-Laurel Street Historic District (3), Greensboro Commercial Historic District (4), North Street-East Street Historic District (5). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotels: Microtel Inns & Suites (2470 Old Eatonton Rd), Granite Shoals Marina Lodge & Restaurant (3991 Walker Church Road).
Courts: Greene County - Clerk of Superior Court- Magistrate Court Civil Divi (113 North Main Street Suite 306), Greene County - Probate Court- Magistrate Court Civil Criminal- Ordinary's Of (113 North Main Street Suite 306).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
(11.2% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 48.0% for Black residents, 85.2% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 90.2% for other race residents)
|This city:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
People in group quarters in Greensboro in 2010:
- 61 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 28 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 9 people in group homes for juveniles (non-correctional)
47 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups) in 2000
Banks with branches in Greensboro (2011 data):
- BankSouth: Greensboro Branch at 6340 Lake Oconee Parkway, branch established on 1989/11/02; Banksouth at 200 North East Street, branch established on 1946/04/10. Info updated 2011/07/21: Bank assets: $345.9 mil, Deposits: $296.0 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 4 total offices
- Branch Banking and Trust Company: Greensboro Ga Main Branch at 201 South Main Street, branch established on 1998/04/24; Lake Oconee Branch at 1011 Powers Road, branch established on 2006/10/30. Info updated 2010/03/29: Bank assets: $168,867.6 mil, Deposits: $127,549.5 mil, headquarters in Winston Salem, NC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1793 total offices, Holding Company: Bb&T Corporation
- Wells Fargo Bank, National Association: Lake Oconee Village Branch at 1020 Exchange Street, branch established on 2007/02/15. Info updated 2011/04/05: Bank assets: $1,161,490.0 mil, Deposits: $905,653.0 mil, headquarters in Sioux Falls, SD, positive income, 6395 total offices, Holding Company: Wells Fargo & Company
- CertusBank, National Association: Lake Oconee Office Branch at 1011 Park Place Boulevard, branch established on 2008/05/12. Info updated 2011/05/23: Bank assets: $1,817.6 mil, Deposits: $1,457.3 mil, headquarters in Easley, SC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 36 total offices, Holding Company: Certusholdings, Inc.
- Exchange Bank: Of Lake Oconee Branch at 6081 Lake Oconee Parkway, branch established on 2004/04/19. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $218.7 mil, Deposits: $193.2 mil, headquarters in Milledgeville, GA, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: Exchange Bankshares, Inc.
- The Farmers Bank: at 202-A South Main Street, branch established on 1911/09/06. Info updated 2007/03/23: Bank assets: $104.1 mil, Deposits: $85.0 mil, local headquarters, positive income, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Putnam-Greene Financial Corporation
- Fidelity Bank: Park Place at 1010 Park Place, branch established on 2005/12/14. Info updated 2011/10/24: Bank assets: $2,231.8 mil, Deposits: $1,889.9 mil, headquarters in Atlanta, GA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 31 total offices, Holding Company: Fidelity Southern Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Greensboro city (based on Greene County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Greene County:||5.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||1.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|Greene County:||1.28 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||0.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Greene County:||9.59 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.41 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Greensboro, GA Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Police Protection - Officers||13||$42,926||$39,624||1||$2,321|
|Police - Other||4||$8,087||$24,261||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||8||$13,725||$20,588||2||$2,449|
|Totals for Government||32||$84,965||$31,862||25||$11,034|
Greensboro government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Housing & Community Development: $525,000 ($153.24)
Regular Highways: $315,000 ($91.94)
Water Utilities: $36,000 ($10.51)
Sewerage: $24,000 ($7.01)
- Current Operations - Gas Utilities: $4,428,000 ($1292.47)
Police Protection: $854,000 ($249.27)
Water Utilities: $481,000 ($140.40)
Sewerage: $321,000 ($93.70)
Financial Administration: $265,000 ($77.35)
Regular Highways: $252,000 ($73.56)
Housing & Community Development: $156,000 ($45.53)
General - Other: $110,000 ($32.11)
Central Staff Services: $88,000 ($25.69)
Fire Protection: $67,000 ($19.56)
Parks & Recreation: $46,000 ($13.43)
Libraries: $27,000 ($7.88)
Judicial and Legal Services: $25,000 ($7.30)
Health Services - Other: $3,000 ($0.88)
- Other Capital Outlay - Housing & Community Development: $47,000 ($13.72)
Gas Utilities: $28,000 ($8.17)
Police Protection: $26,000 ($7.59)
Fire Protection: $10,000 ($2.92)
Water Utilities: $8,000 ($2.34)
Regular Highways: $8,000 ($2.34)
Financial Administration: $7,000 ($2.04)
Sewerage: $6,000 ($1.75)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $1,221,000 ($356.39)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $259,000 ($75.60)
Greensboro government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $326,000 ($95.15)
All Other: $33,000 ($9.63)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $13,000 ($3.79)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $624,000 ($182.14)
All Other: $30,000 ($8.76)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $324,000 ($94.57)
General Revenue, NEC: $182,000 ($53.12)
- Revenue - Gas Utilities: $4,849,000 ($1415.35)
Water Utilities: $489,000 ($142.73)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $499,000 ($145.65)
Highways: $128,000 ($37.36)
- Tax - Property: $629,000 ($183.60)
Public Utilities: $244,000 ($71.22)
Other Selective Sales: $182,000 ($53.12)
Alcoholic Beverage Sales: $99,000 ($28.90)
NEC: $33,000 ($9.63)
Greensboro government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $4,286,000 ($1251.02)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $4,124,000 ($1203.74)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $162,000 ($47.29)
Greensboro government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Bond Fund - Cash & Deposits: $26,000 ($7.59)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $2,634,000 ($768.83)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $29,000 ($8.46)
7.36% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($125,529 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Putnam County, GA||0.88% ($35,939 average AGI)|
|from Morgan County, GA||0.39% ($20,409)|
|from Clarke County, GA||0.38% ($38,524)|
6.27% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($35,009 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Greensboro:
- WMAC (940 AM; 50 kW; MACON, GA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WSB (750 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WCNN (680 AM; 50 kW; NORTH ATLANTA, GA; Owner: DICKEY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WGST (640 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WGUN (1010 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: WGUN, INC.)
- WLFJ (660 AM; daytime; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WQXI (790 AM; 28 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: JEFFERSON-PILOT COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY OF GEORGIA)
- WAOK (1380 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMLB (1160 AM; 50 kW; EAST POINT, GA; Owner: ATLANTA AREA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WFTD (1080 AM; daytime; 50 kW; MARIETTA, GA; Owner: PRIETO ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- WAZX (1550 AM; 50 kW; SMYRNA, GA; Owner: GA-MEX BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WRFC (960 AM; 5 kW; ATHENS, GA; Owner: SOUTHERN BROADCASTING OF ATHENS, INC)
- WBKZ (880 AM; daytime; 5 kW; JEFFERSON, GA; Owner: BROWN BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Greensboro:
- WPMA (102.7 FM; BUCKHEAD, GA; Owner: BARINOWSKI INVESTMENT COMPANY, L.P.)
- WDDK (103.9 FM; GREENSBORO, GA; Owner: BRIARPATCH RADIO INC.)
- WFSH-FM (104.7 FM; ATHENS, GA; Owner: SOUTH TEXAS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WMGZ (97.7 FM; EATONTON, GA; Owner: MIDDLE GEORGIA COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WBTS (95.5 FM; ATHENS, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WFOX (97.1 FM; GAINESVILLE, GA; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WGMG (102.1 FM; CRAWFORD, GA; Owner: NEW BROADCAST INVESTMENT PROPERTIES, INC)
- WLRR (100.7 FM; MILLEDGEVILLE, GA; Owner: PRESTON W. SMALL)
- WUGA (91.7 FM; ATHENS, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WMOQ (92.3 FM; BOSTWICK, GA; Owner: BOSTWICK BROADCASTING GROUP, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Greensboro:
- W42AO (Channel 42; ATHENS, GA; Owner: GEORGIA REGIONAL COMMUNITY TV)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 9Number of bridges
- 37m121ftTotal length
- $6,935,000Total costs
- 30,910Total average daily traffic
- 1,144Total average daily truck traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 175 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 5 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Greensboro, GA)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 12 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 5 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 29 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Greensboro)
FAA Registered Aircraft Manufacturers and Dealers: 1 (See the full list of FAA Registered Manufacturers and Dealers in Greensboro)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 16 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Greensboro and their reported violations in the past:COLONY MOBILE HOME PARK (Population served: 60, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:CYPRESS RIDGE SUBDIVISION (Population served: 52, Groundwater):
- Monitoring, Repeat Major (TCR) - In APR-2011, Contaminant: Coliform (TCR). Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (MAY-18-2011), St Violation/Reminder Notice (MAY-18-2011), St Public Notif received (JUN-21-2011)
- 3 routine major monitoring violations
- 2 regular monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - In JAN-01-2005, Contaminant: DBP Stage 1. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUN-16-2005), St Compliance achieved (JUN-24-2005)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Greensboro that have no violations reported:
- ALEXANDER LAKES SUBDIVISION (Population served: 125, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- ARMOUR POINT (Population served: 62, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- BALDWIN FOREST SUBDIVISION (Population served: 31, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 8
|Most common first names in Greensboro, GA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Greensboro, GA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (70%)
- Utility gas (27%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
|Businesses in Greensboro, GA|
|Dairy Queen||1||Publix Super Markets||1|
|Decora Cabinetry||1||Rite Aid||1|
|H&R Block||1||The Room Place||1|
|MasterBrand Cabinets||1||Waffle House||1|
Greensboro compared to Georgia state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Greensboro on our top lists:
- #98 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Other Western Asia (population 500+)"
Total of 36 patent applications in 2008-2017.