Hailey: Downtown Hailey
Hailey: Hailey's Court House
Hailey: Fall is here
Hailey: West view from the town of Hailey
Hailey: Silver Creek is very close to Hailey
Hailey: Hailey's Catholic Church St Charles
Hailey: Hailey's Court House
Hailey: A welcoming Fall entrance in downtown Hailey
Hailey: All American home in Hailey
Hailey: Sunflower in Hailey
Hailey: Ezra Pound's home Hailey, Idaho
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||36.7 years|
|Idaho median age:||36.1 years|
Zip codes: 83333.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $27,447 (it was $21,255 in 2000)
Hailey city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $300,626 (it was $202,300 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $311,673; Detached houses: $324,821; Townhouses or other attached units: $226,912; In 2-unit structures: $112,658
Median gross rent in 2016: $927.
Races in Hailey, ID (2016)
- 5,70168.8%White alone
- 500.6%Asian alone
- 520.6%Two or more races
- 160.2%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
- 70.08%American Indian alone
- 50.06%Black alone
|Moving to Hailey/Bellevue (2 replies)|
|Solar Eclipse on august 21, 2017 (128 replies)|
|Looking for safe, creative--good vibes--type community in Idaho: Help please. (107 replies)|
|The North Idaho Front Porch (3487 replies)|
|Looking for the perfect vacation to Idaho that could lead to more... (74 replies)|
|Idaho News (1287 replies)|
Latest news from Hailey, ID collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (8.7%), Irish (2.2%), American (2.2%), European (2.1%), Italian (1.8%), French (1.5%).
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Elevation: 5329 feet
Land area: 3.16 square miles.
Population density: 2,552 people per square mile(average).
For population 25 years and over in Hailey:
- High school or higher: 83.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 30.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.3%
- Unemployed: 4.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 20.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Hailey city:
- Never married: 24.5%
- Now married: 57.4%
- Separated: 0.3%
- Widowed: 3.8%
- Divorced: 14.0%
1,564 residents are foreign born (15.9% Latin America).
According to our research of Idaho and other state lists there were 5 registered sex offenders living in Hailey, Idaho as of July 17, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Hailey to the number of sex offenders is 1,658 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is a lot smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $1,484 (0.5%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $1,556 (0.5%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Boise, ID (97.0 miles , pop. 185,787).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Northwest Clackamas, OR (430.3 miles , pop. 224,220).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (687.8 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Bellevue, ID (2.1 miles ), Sun Valley, ID (3.4 miles ), Ketchum, ID (3.5 miles ), East Camas, ID (4.4 miles ), Carey, ID (4.8 miles ), Fairfield, ID (5.2 miles ), West Camas, ID (5.5 miles ), Richfield, ID (5.7 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 71 buildings, average cost: $120,600
- 1998: 84 buildings, average cost: $131,100
- 1999: 59 buildings, average cost: $142,800
- 2000: 77 buildings, average cost: $143,100
- 2001: 96 buildings, average cost: $135,400
- 2002: 104 buildings, average cost: $151,700
- 2003: 94 buildings, average cost: $190,000
- 2004: 79 buildings, average cost: $200,000
- 2005: 69 buildings, average cost: $255,400
- 2006: 81 buildings, average cost: $218,300
- 2007: 22 buildings, average cost: $218,200
- 2008: 22 buildings, average cost: $242,100
- 2009: 6 buildings, average cost: $310,700
- 2010: 11 buildings, average cost: $248,000
- 2011: 2 buildings, average cost: $278,800
- 2012: 3 buildings, average cost: $249,800
- 2013: 20 buildings, average cost: $242,000
- 2014: 26 buildings, average cost: $263,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 43.51 N, Longitude: 114.31 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: -639 (-7.7%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,888 (42.0%)
Area code commonly used in this area: 208
|Crime rates in Hailey by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 280.5)||201.3||115.7||61.2||55.1||60.5||155.7||187.5||105.7||176.7||102.1||158.9||113.6||120.1||92.8||92.7|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Hailey detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.59|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +2,460 (+65.8%).
- Construction (21%)
- Retail trade (13%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (10%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (9%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Transportation and warehousing (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (17%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (17%)
- Health care and social assistance (14%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Retail trade (8%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (8%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (20%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (16%)
- Sales and related occupations (13%)
- Transportation occupations (8%)
- Management occupations (8%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (5%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (20%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (16%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (15%)
- Sales and related occupations (9%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (7%)
- Personal care and service occupations (6%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (5%)
Average climate in Hailey, Idaho
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Hailey-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Idaho state average. It is 306% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 46.3 miles away from the city center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK) earthquake occurred 195.5 miles away from Hailey center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 265.3 miles away from the city center
On 3/28/1975 at 02:31:05, a magnitude 6.2 (6.1 MB, 6.0 MS, 6.2 ML, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 139.5 miles away from the city center
On 10/28/1983 at 19:51:24, a magnitude 5.8 (5.4 MB, 5.1 MS, 5.8 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 50.5 miles away from Hailey center
On 10/29/1983 at 23:29:11, a magnitude 5.8 (5.4 MB, 5.0 MS, 5.8 ML) earthquake occurred 57.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Blaine County (5) is a lot smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 2
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Fires: 2, Drought: 1, Flood: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Ezra Pound - (1885-1972), poet, Bob Mizer - Photographer and filmmaker, Laverne Fator - Jockey, Anthony Lewis Vitale - Actor.
Hospitals and medical centers in Hailey:
airports located in Hailey:
- Friedman Memorial Airport (SUN) (Runways: 1, Commercial Ops: 1,839, Air Taxi Ops: 17,863, Itinerant Ops: 22,991, Local Ops: 1,486, Military Ops: 58)
- Magic Reservoir Airport (U93) (Runways: 2, Itinerant Ops: 1,500)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Hailey:
- College of Southern Idaho (about 66 miles; Twin Falls, ID; Full-time enrollment: 5,051)
- Boise State University (about 96 miles; Boise, ID; FT enrollment: 16,774)
- Idaho State University (about 105 miles; Pocatello, ID; FT enrollment: 10,350)
- College of Western Idaho (about 111 miles; Nampa, ID; FT enrollment: 6,300)
- Northwest Nazarene University (about 114 miles; Nampa, ID; FT enrollment: 2,290)
- Brigham Young University-Idaho (about 128 miles; Rexburg, ID; FT enrollment: 30,522)
- Treasure Valley Community College (about 138 miles; Ontario, OR; FT enrollment: 2,055)
Public high schools in Hailey:
- WOOD RIVER HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 840, Location: 1250 FOX ACRES RD, Grades: 9-12)
- SILVER CREEK HIGH SCHOOL (Location: 1060 FOX ACRES RD., Grades: 9-12)
Private high school in Hailey:
Public elementary/middle schools in Hailey:
- WOOD RIVER MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 669, Location: 900 2ND AVE N, Grades: 6-8)
- HAILEY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 411, Location: 520 S 1ST AVE, Grades: PK-5)
- SYRINGA MOUNTAIN CHARTER SCHOOL (Location: 4021 GLENBROOK DRIVE, Grades: KG-5, Charter school)
- ALTURAS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Location: 1111 WOODSIDE ELEMENTARY LANE, Grades: PK-5)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- The new website for the Hailey Chamber and Visitors Center is www.haileyidaho.com
Notable locations in Hailey: Wood River Fire Protection District Station 2 (A), Wood River Fire Protection District Station 1 (B), Hailey Fire Department (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attractions: Blaine County - Historical Museum (218 North Main Street), Sunvalley Trekking (Ski & Helicopter Tours; 703 North 1st Avenue), Mountain Spirits Adventures (Recreational Trips & Guides; Po Box 3689).
Hotels: Povey Pensione (128 West Bullion Street), Wood River Inn (601 North Main Street), Hitchrack Motel Gas & Grocery (619 South Main Street), Airport Inn (820 South 4th), The Inn at Ellsworth Estate (702 Third Avenue South), Hailey Hotel Bar & Grill (201 South Main Street), Airport Inn Hailey (820 4th Avenue South).
Courts: Courts - Blaine County- Magistrate Court- Judge-Daniel L Alban (201 South 2nd Avenue # 106), Blaine - County - Magistrate Court (201 South 2nd Avenue # 106).
(8.8% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 21.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents)
|This city:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.6% of all households
- Gay men: 0.4% of all households
24 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities in 2010
63 people in nursing homes in 2000
26 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups) in 2000
Banks with branches in Hailey (2011 data):
- Bank of America, National Association: Hailey Branch at 215 N Main, branch established on 1978/08/01. Info updated 2009/11/18: Bank assets: $1,451,969.3 mil, Deposits: $1,077,176.8 mil, headquarters in Charlotte, NC, positive income, 5782 total offices, Holding Company: Bank Of America Corporation
- Zions First National Bank: Hailey Branch at 111 North 1st Avenue, Suite 1h, branch established on 2009/12/15. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $17,531.3 mil, Deposits: $14,905.3 mil, headquarters in Salt Lake City, UT, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 151 total offices, Holding Company: Zions Bancorporation
- U.S. Bank National Association: Hailey Branch at 314 North Main Street, branch established on 1999/07/12. Info updated 2012/01/30: Bank assets: $330,470.8 mil, Deposits: $236,091.5 mil, headquarters in Cincinnati, OH, positive income, 3121 total offices, Holding Company: U.S. Bancorp
- Mountain West Bank: Hailey Branch at 206 N Main Street, branch established on 1972/09/27. Info updated 2011/02/15: Bank assets: $1,129.4 mil, Deposits: $806.0 mil, headquarters in Coeur D Alene, ID, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 24 total offices, Holding Company: Glacier Bancorp, Inc.
- D. L. Evans Bank: Hailey Branch at 12 E. Bullion Street, branch established on 2005/08/08. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $970.5 mil, Deposits: $786.9 mil, headquarters in Burley, ID, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 22 total offices, Holding Company: D. L. Evans Bancorp
- Wells Fargo Bank, National Association: Hailey Branch at 100 N Main Street, branch established on 1939/01/23. Info updated 2011/04/05: Bank assets: $1,161,490.0 mil, Deposits: $905,653.0 mil, headquarters in Sioux Falls, SD, positive income, 6395 total offices, Holding Company: Wells Fargo & Company
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Hailey city (based on Blaine County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Blaine County:||2.33 / 10,000 pop.|
|Idaho:||1.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|Blaine County:||0.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|Idaho:||0.53 / 10,000 pop.|
|Blaine County:||2.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.87 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||22.85 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.75 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Hailey, ID Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2013)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||4||$22,180||$66,540||1||$3,157|
|Police Protection - Officers||15||$72,973||$58,378||0||$0|
|Police - Other||2||$7,494||$44,964||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||6||$22,375||$44,750||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||1||$2,214||$26,568||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||3||$14,825||$59,300||1||$2,555|
|Totals for Government||51||$215,958||$50,814||6||$9,850|
Hailey government finances - Expenditure in 2006 (per resident):
- Construction - Water Utilities: $1,021,000 ($126.42)
Sewerage: $127,000 ($15.73)
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $901,000 ($111.57)
Sewerage: $809,000 ($100.17)
Regular Highways: $765,000 ($94.73)
Water Utilities: $683,000 ($84.57)
Local Fire Protection: $384,000 ($47.55)
Libraries: $299,000 ($37.02)
Central Staff Services: $282,000 ($34.92)
General - Other: $189,000 ($23.40)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $126,000 ($15.60)
Parks and Recreation: $114,000 ($14.12)
Financial Administration: $111,000 ($13.74)
Health - Other: $48,000 ($5.94)
- General - Interest on Debt: $19,000 ($2.35)
- Other Capital Outlay - General - Other: $367,000 ($45.44)
- Total Salaries and Wages: $2,419,000 ($299.53)
Hailey government finances - Revenue in 2006 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $1,438,000 ($178.06)
All Other: $536,000 ($66.37)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $201,000 ($24.89)
Rents: $145,000 ($17.95)
Fines and Forfeits: $70,000 ($8.67)
General Revenue, NEC: $60,000 ($7.43)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $1,243,000 ($153.91)
- State Intergovernmental - General Local Government Support: $629,000 ($77.89)
Highways: $284,000 ($35.17)
All Other: $252,000 ($31.20)
- Tax - Property: $1,690,000 ($209.26)
Other License: $618,000 ($76.52)
Public Utilities Sales: $150,000 ($18.57)
Hailey government finances - Debt in 2006 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt - Beginning Outstanding - Unspecified Public Purpose: $4,975,000 ($616.02)
Outstanding Unspecified Public Purpose: $4,626,000 ($572.81)
Retired Unspecified Public Purpose: $349,000 ($43.21)
Hailey government finances - Cash and Securities in 2006 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash and Securities: $6,515,000 ($806.71)
- Sinking Funds - Cash and Securities: $336,000 ($41.60)
5.52% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($41,285 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Ada County, ID||0.85% ($32,286 average AGI)|
|from Twin Falls County, ID||0.38% ($21,871)|
|from Lincoln County, ID||0.22% ($32,000)|
7.29% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($37,967 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Hailey:
- KBOI (670 AM; 50 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KWEI (1260 AM; 50 kW; WEISER, ID; Owner: TREASURE VALLEY BROADCASTING CO.)
- KBSU (730 AM; 15 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: IDAHO STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- KRXR (1480 AM; 5 kW; GOODING, ID; Owner: MARIA ELENA JUAREZ)
- KALL (700 AM; 50 kW; NORTH SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KZNR (690 AM; 10 kW; BLACKFOOT, ID; Owner: WESTERN COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KIQN (1010 AM; 50 kW; TOOELE, UT)
- KGEM (1140 AM; 10 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KSL (1160 AM; 50 kW; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- KTFI (1270 AM; 5 kW; TWIN FALLS, ID; Owner: AGM-IDAHO BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KLIX (1310 AM; 5 kW; TWIN FALLS, ID; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KERR (750 AM; 50 kW; POLSON, MT; Owner: ANDERSON RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KBGN (1060 AM; daytime; 10 kW; CALDWELL, ID; Owner: NELSON M. AND KAREN E. WILSON)
Strongest FM radio stations in Hailey:
- KYZK (107.5 FM; SUN VALLEY, ID; Owner: ALPINE BROADCASTING, LTD.)
- KIKX (104.7 FM; KETCHUM, ID; Owner: AGM-IDAHO BROADCASTING, LLC)
- K216CY (91.1 FM; SUN VALLEY, ID; Owner: BOISE ST. UNIV., ID ST BD OF EDUCA.)
- KWRV (91.9 FM; SUN VALLEY, ID; Owner: MINNESOTA PUBLIC RADIO)
- KECH-FM (95.3 FM; SUN VALLEY, ID; Owner: ALPINE BROADCASTING LTD PARTNERSHIP)
- KSKI-FM (103.7 FM; SUN VALLEY, ID; Owner: ALPINE BROADCASTING LTD PARTNERSHIP)
- KISY (100.7 FM; GOODING, ID; Owner: AGM-IDAHO BROADCASTING, LLC)
- K207BD (89.3 FM; BELLEVUE, ID; Owner: IDAHO STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION)
TV broadcast stations around Hailey:
- KSVX-LP (Channel 18; HAILEY, ID; Owner: E-DA-HOE, INC.)
- KIDA (Channel 5; SUN VALLEY, ID; Owner: MARCIA T. TURNER D/B/A TURNER ENTERPRISES)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
Hailey fatal accident list:
Jul 14, 2007 08:12 PM, Sr-75, Fox Acres Rd, Lat: 43.51282, Lon: -114.30289, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
Feb 26, 2005 12:03 AM, Sr-75, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 4, Fatalities: 1
May 4, 2004 07:03 AM, Sr-75, Bullion St, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Pedestrians: 1, Fatalities: 1
Apr 5, 2003 87:99 PM, Sr-75, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 8Number of bridges
- 52m171ftTotal length
- $16,801,000Total costs
- 27,660Total average daily traffic
- 1,641Total average daily truck traffic
- 41,490Total future (year 2034) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 54 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 11 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Hailey, ID)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 25 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 12 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 133 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Hailey)
FAA Registered Aircraft Manufacturers and Dealers: 1 (See the full list of FAA Registered Manufacturers and Dealers in Hailey)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 33 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Hailey and their reported violations in the past:HAILEY WATER AND SEWER (Population served: 8,000, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:SHULL BROTHERS CAMPGROUND/ MHP (Serves IN, Population served: 225, Groundwater):
- Follow-up Or Routine LCR Tap M/R - In JUL-01-2010, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (NOV-23-2012)
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between JAN-2005 and DEC-2005, Contaminant: Total Haloacetic Acids (HAA5). Follow-up actions: Fed Compliance achieved (DEC-31-2006), St Compliance achieved (APR-24-2007)
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between JAN-2005 and DEC-2005, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: Fed Compliance achieved (DEC-31-2006), St Compliance achieved (APR-24-2007)
- Follow-up Or Routine LCR Tap M/R - In OCT-01-2003, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (MAR-27-2008)
- One minor monitoring violation
Past monitoring violations:GOLDEN EAGLE RANCH (Population served: 85, Groundwater):
- One routine major monitoring violation
Past health violations:HOLIDAY HIGHWAY SUBD (Population served: 40, Groundwater):
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In AUG-2005, Contaminant: Coliform
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In JUL-2005, Contaminant: Coliform
Past monitoring violations:WOODLAND MEADOWS WATER ASSN (Population served: 28, Groundwater):
- 3 routine major monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:RITZAU PARK FOUNTAIN (Population served: 25, Groundwater):
- Failure To Address Deficiency - In MAY-20-2012, Contaminant: GROUNDWATER RULE. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUN-01-2012), St Public Notif requested (JUN-04-2012), St Public Notif received (DEC-11-2013)
- 9 routine major monitoring violations
- 4 regular monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:
- Monitoring, Repeat Major (TCR) - Between OCT-2007 and DEC-2007, Contaminant: Coliform (TCR)
- 2 routine major monitoring violations
- 3 regular monitoring violations
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 46
- Hazardous Condition: 28
- Service Call: 2
Incident types - Hailey
|Most common first names in Hailey, ID among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Hailey, ID among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (53%)
- Electricity (40%)
- Wood (4%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
- Other fuel (1%)
- No fuel used (0%)
|Businesses in Hailey, ID|
|Budget Car Rental||1||Nike||1|
Hailey compared to Idaho state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Hailey on our top lists:
- #11 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in industries: Information (population 5,000+)"
- #42 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Arts, design, entertainment, sports, and media occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #59 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most full-time local library workers per 1000 residents (population 5,000+)"
- #63 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Oceania, n.e.c. (population 500+)"
- #87 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Oceania (population 500+)"
- #101 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest city-data.com crime index increase from 2011 to 2012 (population 5,000+)"
- #48 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of children under 18 without health insurance coverage in 2000"
- #53 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest number of deaths per 1000 residents 2007-2013"
- #85 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of people without health insurance coverage in 2000"
Total of 41 patent applications in 2008-2018.