We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||48.6 years|
|Virginia median age:||37.8 years|
Zip codes: 24558.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $28,517 (it was $18,571 in 2000)
Halifax town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $160,993 (it was $88,800 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2015: $691.
Races in Halifax, VA (2015)
- 76556.5%White alone
- 52638.8%Black alone
- 151.1%Asian alone
- 151.1%Other race alone
- 131.0%Two or more races
- 40.3%American Indian alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- The revenues and net sales of Samsonite Apr 21
- Crowfunding is a fast-increasing market Apr 19
- The number of jobs in Construction is falling across the U.S. Apr 17
- Higher local employment numbers lead to higher payrolls, especially in finance Apr 15
- Administrative services employment in the South has fallen Apr 13
|Retire to...South Boston? Kenbridge? Lynchburg? Clarksville ? (48 replies)|
|Worst county in Virginia *drum roll* (51 replies)|
|Fire ants? (22 replies)|
|What are the most culturally "southern" towns/cities in Virginia? (40 replies)|
|Our accents. (64 replies)|
|Looking for a farm property (9 replies)|
Latest news from Halifax, VA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (20.4%), English (9.0%), German (3.8%), Scotch-Irish (2.4%), Scottish (2.1%), Irish (1.7%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated in 1875
Elevation: 470 feet
Land area: 3.80 square miles.
Population density: 329 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Halifax:
- High school or higher: 86.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 25.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 12.0%
- Unemployed: 7.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 16.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Halifax town:
- Never married: 31.6%
- Now married: 44.3%
- Separated: 5.2%
- Widowed: 4.2%
- Divorced: 14.7%
32 residents are foreign born (0.5% Africa, 0.5% Latin America).
According to our research of Virginia and other state lists there were 16 registered sex offenders living in Halifax, Virginia as of April 23, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Halifax to the number of sex offenders is 81 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $1,037 (0.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $875 (0.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Lynchburg, VA (46.2 miles , pop. 65,269).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Raleigh, NC (67.3 miles , pop. 276,093).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (303.4 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Mountain Road, VA (1.8 miles ), South Boston, VA (2.0 miles ), Scottsburg, VA (2.8 miles) , Cluster Springs, VA (3.2 miles ), Whitesville, VA (3.2 miles ), Clover, VA (3.4 miles ), Nathalie, VA (3.4 miles) , Virgilina, VA (4.2 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 6 buildings, average cost: $93,000
- 2002: 7 buildings, average cost: $170,900
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 36.76 N, Longitude: 78.93 W
Area code: 434
|Crime rates in Halifax by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 277.3)||38.0||170.9||45.9||89.6||89.0||276.6||80.8||106.4||27.3||27.7||56.6||22.5|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Halifax detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||4.02|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (22%)
- Retail trade (20%)
- Educational services (13%)
- Health care and social assistance (11%)
- Transportation and warehousing (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Health care and social assistance (28%)
- Manufacturing (13%)
- Public administration (12%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (11%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Management occupations (16%)
- Material moving occupations (15%)
- Sales and related occupations (11%)
- Production occupations (8%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (7%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (7%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (21%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (12%)
- Management occupations (10%)
- Sales and related occupations (9%)
- Community and social service occupations (8%)
- Healthcare support occupations (6%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (6%)
Average climate in Halifax, Virginia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Halifax-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Virginia state average. It is 41% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/24/1969, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 11.7 miles away from the Halifax town center killed one person and injured 4 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 10/27/1995, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 14.9 miles away from the town center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Halifax-area historical earthquake activity is near Virginia state average. It is 84% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 12/9/2003 at 20:59:14, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB, 4.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 80.2 miles away from the city center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 292.7 miles away from Halifax center
On 10/21/1998 at 05:56:47, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, 3.3 LG, Depth: 8.3 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 52.7 miles away from the city center
On 5/5/2003 at 16:32:32, a magnitude 3.9 (3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 83.1 miles away from the city center
On 11/2/2006 at 17:53:02, a magnitude 4.3 (4.3 MB, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 168.0 miles away from Halifax center
On 11/23/2006 at 10:42:57, a magnitude 4.3 (4.3 MB, 4.3 LG) earthquake occurred 170.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Halifax County (16) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 12
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 5, Storms: 5, Floods: 4, Winter Storms: 3, Blizzard: 1, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snowfall: 1, Tornado: 1, Tropical Depression: 1, Tropical Storm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Jeb Burton - Stock car racing driver, Charles Leigh (American football) - Player of football, William B. Preston (Mormon) - Presiding Bishop of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Ted Bennett - Politician, Alonzo Coleman - Football player, Earl Ferrell - Football player, Mamye BaCote - Politician, Tyrone Davis (American football) - Football player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Halifax:
- HALIFAX REGIONAL HOSPITAL (Voluntary non-profit - Private, provides emergency services, 2204 WILBORN AVENUE)
Other hospitals and medical centers near Halifax:
- SOUTH BOSTON MANOR (Nursing Home, about 4 miles away; SOUTH BOSTON, VA)
- TWIN OAKS CONV HME (Nursing Home, about 4 miles away; SOUTH BOSTON, VA)
- RENAL CARE GROUP - SOUTH BOSTON (Dialysis Facility, about 5 miles away; SOUTH BOSTON, VA)
- HALIFAX HOME HEALTH (Home Health Center, about 5 miles away; SOUTH BOSTON, VA)
- BERRY HILL NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 5 miles away; SOUTH BOSTON, VA)
- COMMONWEALTH HOME HEALTH INC (Home Health Center, about 5 miles away; SOUTH BOSTON, VA)
airports located in Halifax:
- Fox Fire Airport (33VA) (Runways: 1)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Halifax:
- Danville Community College (about 30 miles; Danville, VA; Full-time enrollment: 2,747)
- Vance-Granville Community College (about 40 miles; Henderson, NC; FT enrollment: 3,232)
- Liberty University (about 43 miles; Lynchburg, VA; FT enrollment: 61,625)
- Central Virginia Community College (about 44 miles; Lynchburg, VA; FT enrollment: 2,759)
- Lynchburg College (about 47 miles; Lynchburg, VA; FT enrollment: 2,456)
- Longwood University (about 48 miles; Farmville, VA; FT enrollment: 4,565)
- Patrick Henry Community College (about 53 miles; Martinsville, VA; FT enrollment: 2,266)
Public elementary/middle school in Halifax:
- SINAI ELEM (Students: 312, Location: 1011 SINAI ELEMENTARY DRIVE, Grades: PK-5)
Notable locations in Halifax: Halifax Country Club (A), Halifax County Courthouse (B), Halifax Police Department (C), Halifax County Sheriffs Office (D), Halifax Fire Department (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Halifax Town Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Creek: Terrible Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Park in Halifax: Mountain Road Historic District (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Courts: Halifax County - Circuit Court Clerk (Court House Square), Halifax County - General District Court Traffic (8 South Main Street), Halifax-Pittsylvania Court Services (129 South Main Street), Halifax County - Juvenile & Domestic Relations- Court Services (Courthouse Square Unit UNIT).
(6.6% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 32.2% for Black residents)
|This town:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
13 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities in 2010
People in group quarters in Halifax in 2000:
- 152 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 21 people in nursing homes
- 17 people in other group homes
Banks with branches in Halifax (2011 data):
- Benchmark Community Bank: Halifax Branch at 290 S. Main Street, branch established on 2008/07/18. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $416.1 mil, Deposits: $370.1 mil, headquarters in Kenbridge, VA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 13 total offices, Holding Company: Benchmark Bankshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Halifax town (based on Halifax County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Halifax County:||2.26 / 10,000 pop.|
|Virginia:||2.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.28 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|Halifax County:||0.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|Virginia:||1.43 / 10,000 pop.|
|Halifax County:||6.21 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.21 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.65 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Halifax, VA Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2013)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Police Protection - Officers||4||$12,325||$36,975||1||$808|
|Solid Waste Management||2||$4,845||$29,070||1||$1,190|
|Totals for Government||8||$24,336||$36,504||3||$3,103|
3.60% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($36,100 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Campbell County, VA||0.23% ($25,821 average AGI)|
|from Mecklenburg County, VA||0.23% ($27,893)|
|from Pittsylvania County, VA||0.23% ($28,214)|
3.86% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($35,342 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Halifax:
- WSBV (1560 AM; daytime; 3 kW; SOUTH BOSTON, VA; Owner: LINDA WALLER-BARTON)
- WHLF (1400 AM; 1 kW; SOUTH BOSTON, VA; Owner: WILLIS BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WFTK (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; WAKE FOREST, NC; Owner: POSITIVE RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- WPTF (680 AM; 50 kW; RALEIGH, NC; Owner: FIRST STATE COMMUNICATIONS)
- WTRU (830 AM; 50 kW; KERNERSVILLE, NC; Owner: TRUTH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WLLL (930 AM; 10 kW; LYNCHBURG, VA; Owner: HUBBARD'S ADVERTISING AGENCY, INC.)
- WRVA (1140 AM; 50 kW; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBTM (1330 AM; 5 kW; DANVILLE, VA)
- WDVA (1250 AM; 5 kW; DANVILLE, VA; Owner: MITCHELL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTAR (850 AM; 50 kW; NORFOLK, VA; Owner: SINCLAIR COMMUNICATIONS)
- WLVA (590 AM; 5 kW; LYNCHBURG, VA)
- WSML (1200 AM; 10 kW; GRAHAM, NC; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WDNC (620 AM; 5 kW; DURHAM, NC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Halifax:
- WHLF-FM (95.3 FM; SOUTH BOSTON, VA; Owner: JLC PROPERTIES, INC)
- WZZU (97.9 FM; LYNCHBURG, VA; Owner: TRAVIS MEDIA L.L.C.)
- WKVE (106.7 FM; SEMORA, NC; Owner: SOUTHERN ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION)
- WQOK (97.5 FM; SOUTH BOSTON, VA; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WKJS (104.7 FM; CREWE, VA; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WNRS-FM (89.9 FM; SWEET BRIAR, VA; Owner: SWEET BRIAR COLLEGE)
- WAKG (103.3 FM; DANVILLE, VA; Owner: PIEDMONT BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WYYD (107.9 FM; AMHERST, VA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WRVL (88.3 FM; LYNCHBURG, VA; Owner: LIBERTY UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WOKD-FM (91.1 FM; DANVILLE, VA; Owner: POSITIVE ALTENATIVE RADIO INC)
- W265AS (100.9 FM; CONCORD, VA; Owner: PAUL H. PASSINK)
- WICE (98.3 FM; CLARKSVILLE, VA; Owner: JOYNER RADIO, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Halifax:
- WWAY (Channel 3; WILMINGTON, NC; Owner: LIBCO, INC.)
- W71AH (Channel 71; SOUTH BOSTON, ETC., VA; Owner: COMMONWEALTH PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- W73AJ (Channel 73; SOUTH BOSTON, ETC., VA; Owner: COMMONWEALTH PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Halifax fatal accident list:
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 6Number of bridges
- 148m486ftTotal length
- $8,571,000Total costs
- 30,510Total average daily traffic
- 1,456Total average daily truck traffic
- 32,714Total future (year 2030) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Halifax)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:36 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:6
- S Main St (Lat: 36.765139 Lon: -78.927500), Call Sign: KFD536
Assigned Frequencies: 153.800 MHzGrant Date: 03/24/2012, Expiration Date: 06/08/2022Registrant: Halifax County Public Schools, South Boston, VA 24592, Phone: (434) 575-2029, Fax: (434) 572-2870, Email:
- Us Hwy 501 3 Mi S (Lat: 36.741250 Lon: -78.924722), Call Sign: KFD537
Assigned Frequencies: 155.880 MHz, 155.880 MHzGrant Date: 03/24/2012, Expiration Date: 06/08/2022Registrant: Halifax County Public Schools, South Boston, VA 24592, Phone: (434) 575-2029, Fax: (434) 572-2870, Email:
- Rt 651 1/2 Mi E Of Rt 360 (Lat: 36.770972 Lon: -78.921944), Structure height: 12 m, Call Sign: KJY815
Assigned Frequencies: 151.190 MHz, 151.265 MHz, 151.370 MHz, 151.415 MHz, 151.445 MHz, 151.475 MHz, 159.285 MHz, 159.360 MHzGrant Date: 06/28/2011, Expiration Date: 09/24/2021Registrant: Fcca, 122 Baltimore Street, Gettysburg, PA 17325, Phone: (717) 398-0825, Fax: (717) 778-4237, Email:
- Lat: 36.733278 Lon: -78.917278, Call Sign: WPYN742
Assigned Frequencies: 462.462 MHz, 467.462 MHzGrant Date: 09/17/2003, Expiration Date: 09/17/2013, Cancellation Date: 11/23/2013, Certifier: David GainesRegistrant: Cara Enterprises Inc, Salt Lake City, UT 84117-0503, Phone: (801) 278-9728, Fax: (801) 278-7239
- HALIFAX, 1020 Murphy Grove Road (Lat: 36.811278 Lon: -78.953278), Type: Tower, Structure height: 91.4 m, Overall height: 97.5 m, Call Sign: WQHS494
Assigned Frequencies: 151.272 MHz, 159.262 MHz, 159.457 MHzGrant Date: 10/24/2007, Expiration Date: 10/24/2017, Certifier: Joseph W SchaeferRegistrant: Fcca, 4045 Jockey Street, Charlton, NY 12019, Phone: (518) 399-6755, Fax: (518) 399-6755, Email:
- Lat: 36.733194 Lon: -78.933889, Call Sign: WQTN836
Assigned Frequencies: 159.390 MHzGrant Date: 03/14/2014, Expiration Date: 03/14/2024, Certifier: Fred ClarkRegistrant: Gcs Electronics & Communciations, 200 Sellers St, Martinsville, VA 24112, Phone: (276) 632-9700, Fax: (276) 638-1315, Email:
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers:1
- Lat: 36.765417 Lon: -78.928889, Call Sign: KUZ361
Assigned Frequencies: 161.730 MHzGrant Date: 08/21/2000, Expiration Date: 10/01/2003, Cancellation Date: 10/01/2003Registrant: Willis Broadcasting Corporation, 645 Church Street Suite 400, Norfolk, VA 23510
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:7
- N MAIN&GREE, Crnr N Main And Green Sts (Lat: 36.767083 Lon: -78.933056), Type: Tower, Structure height: 21.3 m, Call Sign: WNEP899
Assigned Frequencies: 2195.20 MHz, 6630.00 MHzGrant Date: 11/01/2011, Expiration Date: 11/28/2021, Cancellation Date: 11/08/2011Registrant: Department Of State Police, 7700 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, VA 23261-7472, Phone: (804) 674-4644, Fax: (804) 674-2602, Email:
- Crystal Hill, Nw Int Of Rts 610 And 615 (Lat: 36.830667 Lon: -78.890000), Type: Tower, Structure height: 61 m, Call Sign: WNER281, Licensee ID: L00004619
Assigned Frequencies: 6805.00 MHzGrant Date: 05/03/2008, Expiration Date: 06/08/2018, Cancellation Date: 05/07/2009, Certifier: M J BowmanRegistrant: Mecklenburg Electric Cooperative
- STATION, Nw Of Int Of Halifax County Rts 610 And 615 Near (Lat: 36.830667 Lon: -78.890000), Overall height: 61 m, Call Sign: WNER358
Assigned Frequencies: 2194.40 MHzGrant Date: 03/26/2002, Expiration Date: 06/11/2012, Cancellation Date: 05/07/2009Registrant: Mecklenburg Electric Cooperative, 11633 Highway 92, Chase City, VA 23924, Phone: (434) 372-6160, Fax: (434) 372-6102, Email:
- HALIFAX REP, Halifax County, Va. (Lat: 36.811278 Lon: -78.953278), Type: Tower, Structure height: 121.9 m, Overall height: 128 m, Call Sign: WQGU868
Assigned Frequencies: 5974.85 MHz, 6695.00 MHz, 6063.80 MHz, 6093.45 MHz, 6755.00 MHz, 6004.50 MHzGrant Date: 04/23/2007, Expiration Date: 04/23/2017, Certifier: John E FurloughRegistrant: Department Of State Police, Richmond, VA 23261-7472, Phone: (804) 674-4644, Fax: (804) 674-2602, Email:
- Halifax, Lat: 36.811278 Lon: -78.953278, Type: Tower, Structure height: 91.4 m, Overall height: 97.5 m, Call Sign: WQOP908
Assigned Frequencies: 6790.00 MHzGrant Date: 12/15/2011, Expiration Date: 12/15/2021, Certifier: Michael E BoltonRegistrant: Virginia Department Of State Police, 7700 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, VA 23261-7472, Phone: (804) 674-4644, Fax: (804) 674-2602, Email:
- Halifax AO, Corner Of North Main And Green Streets (Lat: 36.768167 Lon: -78.924417), Type: Tower, Structure height: 21.3 m, Call Sign: WQOP909
Assigned Frequencies: 6630.00 MHzGrant Date: 12/15/2011, Expiration Date: 12/15/2021, Certifier: Michael E BoltonRegistrant: Virginia Department Of State Police, 7700 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, VA 23261-7472, Phone: (804) 674-4644, Fax: (804) 674-2602, Email:
- HALIFAX, Halifax County, Va. (Lat: 36.811278 Lon: -78.953278), Type: Tower, Structure height: 91.4 m, Overall height: 97.5 m, Call Sign: WEF646
Assigned Frequencies: 2145.20 MHz, 6790.00 MHzGrant Date: 05/13/2011, Expiration Date: 07/23/2021, Cancellation Date: 11/09/2011Registrant: Department Of State Police, 7700 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, VA 23261-7472, Phone: (804) 674-4644, Fax: (804) 674-2602, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:26 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Halifax)
FAA Registered Aircraft:7
- Aircraft: X-AIR STANDARD (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: ROTAX 582ULDCDI-99 (65 HP) (2 Cycle)
N-Number: 2550C , Serial Number: 5KGSMAXI, Year manufactured: 2002, Airworthiness Date: 05/25/2007
Registrant (Individual): C Wayne Weatherford, Po Box 237, Halifax, VA 24558
- Aircraft: PIPER J4A (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 75 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR A&C65 SERIES (65 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 26903 , Serial Number: 4-947, Year manufactured: 1940
Registrant (Individual): Thomas Y Hundley, 1090 Fordland Dr, Halifax, VA 24558
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-22-108 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 94 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-235 SERIES (115 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 5515Z , Serial Number: 22-9302, Year manufactured: 1962, Airworthiness Date: 01/29/1962
Registrant (Co-Owned): Kelly T Landrum, 1244 N Terrys Bridge Rd, Halifax, VA 24558, Other Owners: Kathy M Radulski
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-22-150 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 94 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 6177D , Serial Number: 22-4824, Year manufactured: 1957, Airworthiness Date: 01/17/1957
Registrant (Individual): Walter T Epps, 2005 Bellevue Rd, Halifax, VA 24558
- Aircraft: LANDRUM KELLY T VANS RV6 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: SUBARU ALL MDLS A/B (400 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 6RP , Serial Number: 23075, Year manufactured: 2006, Airworthiness Date: 08/25/2006
Registrant (Co-Owned): Kelly T Landrum, 1244 N Terrys Bridge Rd, Halifax, VA 24558, Other Owners: Kathy M Radulski
- Aircraft: BELLANCA 7ECA (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 90 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-235 SERIES (115 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 8601 , Serial Number: 917-73, Year manufactured: 1973, Airworthiness Date: 02/20/1973
Registrant (Co-Owned): Richard F Lewis, 5191 Oak Level Rd, Halifax, VA 24558, Other Owners: Alycia J Lewis
- Aircraft: CHAMBERLAIN DWIGHT RV-6 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: LYCOMING IO-320-E2A (150 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 9XK , Serial Number: 22399, Year manufactured: 2004, Airworthiness Date: 05/09/2012
Registrant (Co-Owned): Kelly Thomas Landrum, 1244 N Terrys Bridge Rd, Halifax, VA 24558, Other Owners: Kathy Marie Radulski
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 7
- Hazardous Condition: 1
|Most common first names in Halifax, VA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Halifax, VA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (56%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (28%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (10%)
- No fuel used (3%)
- Utility gas (2%)
- Wood (1%)
Businesses in Halifax, VA
- Dunkin Donuts: 1
- Hardee's: 1
- UPS: 1
Halifax compared to Virginia state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Halifax on our top lists:
- #30 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups) (population 1,000+)"
- #77 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in other group homes (population 1,000+)"
- #69 (24558) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of United States first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"
- #52 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating to other counties in 2011"
- #71 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating from other counties between 2010 and 2011"
Total of 4 patent applications in 2008-2017.