Greenwood County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level between 2 and 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Moderate Potential
Air pollution and air quality trends
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µ/m3] level in 2005 was 19.3. This is about average. There were 17 monitors within city limits.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µ/m3] level in 2005 was 8.45. This is better than average. There were 12 monitors within city limits.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2007 was 3.79. This is worse than average. There were 18 monitors within city limits.
(lower is better)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Hamilton and their reported violations in the past:
HAMILTON, CITY OF (Population served: 325, Purch_surface_water):
Past monitoring violations:
- Follow-up and Routine Tap Sampling - Between OCT-01-2002 and NOV-13-2003, Contaminant: Lead & Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (DEC-04-2002), St Violation/Reminder Notice (DEC-04-2002), St Compliance achieved (NOV-13-2003)
- Initial Tap Sampling for Pb and Cu - Between JAN-01-1994 and NOV-03-1994, Contaminant: Lead & Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (NOV-03-1994)
- 2 routine major monitoring violations
- 7 minor monitoring violations
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2011: 35.9%
(35.0% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for Black residents, 0.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 0.0% for American Indian residents, 66.7% for two or more races residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This city: || 2.3 people|
|Kansas: || 2.5 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This city: || 61.5%|
|Whole state: || 66.0%|
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
|This city: || 9.4%|
|Whole state: || 5.8%|
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.9% of all households
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Hamilton, KS
Hamilton compared to Kansas state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Back to the top
Banks with branches in Hamilton (2011 data):
- The Citizens State Bank: Hamilton Branch at 32 East Main, branch established on 1902/04/22. Info updated 2010/11/02: Bank assets: $121.0 mil, Deposits: $109.1 mil, headquarters in Gridley, KS, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 7 total offices, Holding Company: Flint Hills Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2011
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (75%)
- Electricity (11%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (6%)
- Wood (5%)
- Other fuel (2%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Hamilton (based on Greenwood County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 62.22%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||United Methodist Church||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Southern Baptist Convention||Catholic Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America|
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||United Church of Christ|| The Wesleyan Church||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||International Pentecostal Holiness Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|This county:||5.71 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kansas:||1.96 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (no gas):
|Greenwood County:||1.43 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kansas:||0.51 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|This county:||7.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kansas:||3.84 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|Greenwood County:||11.42 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kansas:||7.33 / 10,000 pop.|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Other and Unallocable
|Totals for Government
Hamilton government finances in 2002(per resident):
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $20,000 ($77.22)
Sewerage: $11,000 ($42.47)
All Other: $1,000 ($3.86)
- Current Operations - Gas Utilities: $128,000 ($494.21)
Water Utilities: $49,000 ($189.19)
Financial Administration: $27,000 ($104.25)
Solid Waste Management: $19,000 ($73.36)
Regular Highways: $17,000 ($65.64)
Sewerage: $16,000 ($61.78)
General - Other: $8,000 ($30.89)
Libraries: $6,000 ($23.17)
- Miscellaneous - Rents: $5,000 ($19.31)
Interest Earnings: $4,000 ($15.44)
- Other Capital Outlay - General - Other: $15,000 ($57.92)
Water Utilities: $1,000 ($3.86)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $249,000 ($961.39)
- Revenue - Gas Utilities: $124,000 ($478.76)
Water Utilities: $59,000 ($227.80)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $12,000 ($46.33)
General Support: $2,000 ($7.72)
- Tax - Property: $23,000 ($88.80)
Public Utilities: $7,000 ($27.03)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $137,000 ($528.96)
6.26% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($27,656 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
9.07% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($30,104 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Hamilton:
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KRMG (740 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KGGF (690 AM; 10 kW; COFFEYVILLE, KS; Owner: KGGF-KUSN, INC.)
- KFAQ (1170 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KFTI (1070 AM; 10 kW; WICHITA, KS; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KKOW (860 AM; 10 kW; PITTSBURG, KS; Owner: AMERICAN MEDIA INVESTMENTS)
- KKHK (1250 AM; 25 kW; KANSAS CITY, KS)
- WIBW (580 AM; 5 kW; TOPEKA, KS; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KTBZ (1430 AM; 25 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KOIL (1020 AM; 50 kW; PLATTSMOUTH, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KMUS (1380 AM; 20 kW; MUSKOGEE, OK; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- KFH (1330 AM; 5 kW; WICHITA, KS; Owner: ENTERCOM WICHITA LICENSE, LLC)
- KFAB (1110 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Hamilton:
- KOTE (93.5 FM; EUREKA, KS; Owner: NEWWOOD PRODUCTIONS, L.P.)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:
8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers in Hamilton
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:
- 205 N Lincoln St (Lat: 37.985583 Lon: -95.163306), Call Sign: KNEQ774
Assigned Frequencies: 49.4200 MHz
Grant Date: 11/13/1997, Expiration Date: 01/11/2003, Cancellation Date: 05/21/2002
Registrant: K E Snyder, Box 107, Hamilton, KS 66853
- 2 Blocks E On Main St From Us Post Office Then 2 Blocks S On 3rd St (Lat: 37.972528 Lon: -96.153333), Call Sign: KNGS712, Licensee ID: L00657435
Assigned Frequencies: 152.915 MHz
Grant Date: 03/08/2013, Expiration Date: 04/15/2023
Registrant: Gail E Dimick, 300 E Garfield, Hamilton, KS 66853, Phone: (620) 678-3408, Email:
- 1/2 Blk E Of Main & Second Sts (Lat: 37.979750 Lon: -96.160000), Call Sign: WNVD316, Licensee ID: L01113452
Assigned Frequencies: 154.456 MHz
Grant Date: 02/09/2006, Expiration Date: 01/03/2016
Registrant: City Of Hamilton, Hamilton, KS 66853, Phone: (316) 678-3371
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
- Call Sign: KB0BAW, Licensee ID: L00443967
Grant Date: 03/11/2004, Expiration Date: 05/31/2014, Certifier: Jo A Short
Registrant: Jo A Short, 2627 Road U, Hamilton, KS 66853
- Call Sign: KB0MMA, Licensee ID: L00657435
Grant Date: 02/04/2004, Expiration Date: 04/26/2014, Cancellation Date: 04/12/2013, Certifier: Gail E Dimick
Registrant: Gail E Dimick, 300 East Garfield, Hamilton, KS 66853
- Call Sign: KC0KDD, Licensee ID: L00338560
Grant Date: 03/22/2001, Expiration Date: 03/22/2011, Cancellation Date: 07/15/2003, Certifier: Brian L Short
Registrant: Chicken Eatin\' Yankees, Hc1 - Box 46, Hamilton, KS 66853
- Call Sign: K0CEY, Previous Call Sign: KC0KDD, Licensee ID: L00338560
Grant Date: 05/10/2013, Expiration Date: 07/15/2023, Certifier: Brian L Short
Registrant: Chicken Eatin\' Yankees, 2627 U Road, Hamilton, KS 66853
- Call Sign: K0OWS, Previous Call Sign: KB0MMA, Licensee ID: L00657435
Grant Date: 04/12/2013, Expiration Date: 04/12/2023, Certifier: Gail E Dimick
Registrant: Gail E Dimick, 300 East Garfield, Hamilton, KS 66853
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
See full 2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System statistics for Hamilton, KS
|Most common first names in Hamilton, KS among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Hamilton, KS among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
- #8 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Supervisors, construction and extraction workers"
- #13 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Petroleum and petroleum products merchant wholesalers"
- #23 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Fuel dealers"
- #23 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Health care"
- #64 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Legal support workers"
- #86 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Fuel dealers"
- #30 (66853) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Belizean first ancestries"
- #37 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest number of deaths per 1000 residents 2000-2003"