We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||40.0 years|
|Maine median age:||43.0 years|
Zip code: 04730
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $18,639 (it was $11,957 in 2000)
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $88,818 (it was $52,500 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $125,039; Detached houses: $133,261; Townhouses or other attached units: $227,405; In 2-unit structures: $202,827; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $29,654; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $218,247; Mobile homes: $46,901; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $121,366
Races in Hammond, ME (2010)
- 10286.4%White alone
- 1311.0%Two or more races
- 10.8%Black alone
- 10.8%Asian alone
Ancestries: Irish (25.5%), English (22.4%), Scotch-Irish (15.3%), French (11.2%), United States (5.1%), Italian (2.0%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Land area: 38.9 square miles.
Population density: 3.0 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Hammond:
- High school or higher: 70.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 3.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.0%
- Unemployed: 8.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Hammond town:
- Never married: 24.7%
- Now married: 53.2%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 14.3%
- Divorced: 6.5%
4 residents are foreign born (2.0% Europe, 2.0% North America).
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Hammond town:||1.0% ($529)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (210.8 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (312.0 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (476.1 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Littleton, ME (2.4 miles ), Ludlow, ME (2.6 miles ), Monticello, ME (2.7 miles ), New Limerick, ME (2.9 miles ), Smyrna, ME (3.1 miles ), Houlton, ME (3.1 miles ), Linneus, ME (3.4 miles ), Oakfield, ME (3.5 miles ).
Latitude: 46.24 N, Longitude: 67.96 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 207
Unemployment by year (%)
Average climate in Hammond, Maine
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Hammond-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Maine state average. It is 94% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/14/2006 at 09:34:49, a magnitude 4.0 (3.5 MW, 4.0 LG, Depth: 14.9 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 58.8 miles away from the city center
On 10/3/2006 at 00:07:38, a magnitude 4.3 (3.8 MB, 3.8 MW, 4.3 LG, Depth: 4.0 mi) earthquake occurred 131.2 miles away from Hammond center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 304.9 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 349.3 miles away from the city center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 260.2 miles away from Hammond center
On 9/16/1994 at 04:22:42, a magnitude 3.6 (3.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 65.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Aroostook County (21) is a lot greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 12
Emergencies Declared: 9
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 10, Storms: 8, Snows: 7, Heavy Rains: 2, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snowfall: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Hammond:
- HOULTON REGIONAL HOSPITAL Critical Access Hospitals (about 10 miles away; HOULTON, ME)
- THE HOULTON REG PROG CARE FAC (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; HOULTON, ME)
- MADIGAN HOME HEALTH CARE, INC. (Home Health Center, about 10 miles away; HOULTON, ME)
- MADIGAN ESTATES (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; HOULTON, ME)
- FOREST SPRINGS (Hospital, about 11 miles away; HOULTON, ME)
- HARMONY (Hospital, about 11 miles away; HOULTON, ME)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Hammond:
- University of Maine (about 100 miles; Orono, ME; Full-time enrollment: 8,931)
- Husson University (about 106 miles; Bangor, ME; FT enrollment: 2,421)
- University of Maine at Farmington (about 152 miles; Farmington, ME; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- University of Maine at Augusta (about 159 miles; Augusta, ME; FT enrollment: 3,204)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (about 208 miles; Standish, ME; FT enrollment: 2,010)
- Southern Maine Community College (about 211 miles; South Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 4,666)
- University of Southern Maine (about 212 miles; Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 6,647)
Lakes and swamps: B Lake (A), Caineron Bog (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Twin Brook (A), Webster Brook (B), Fork Brook (C), Mansur Brook (D), Larry Brook (E), Hale Brook (F), Brown Brook (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2002 was 25.5. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2002 was 19.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 9.6 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.9 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 2.4% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Hammond town (based on Aroostook County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Aroostook County:||4.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Aroostook County:||2.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Aroostook County:||7.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.02 / 10,000 pop.|
3.21% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($33,766 average adjusted gross income)
0.08% of residents moved from foreign countries ($1,181 average AGI)
Aroostook County: 0.08% Maine average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Penobscot County, ME||0.46% ($28,764 average AGI)|
|from Cumberland County, ME||0.20% ($23,132)|
|from Hartford County, CT||0.09% ($34,920)|
3.74% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,623 average adjusted gross income)
0.11% of residents moved to foreign countries ($830 average AGI)
Aroostook County: 0.11% Maine average: 0.05%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Hammond:
- WREM (710 AM; daytime; 5 kW; MONTICELLO, ME; Owner: ALLAN H WEINER)
- WEGP (1390 AM; 5 kW; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: DECELLES/SMITH MEDIA, INC.)
- WFST (600 AM; 5 kW; CARIBOU, ME; Owner: NORTHERN BROADCAST MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WZON (620 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: THE ZONE CORPORATION)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WSKW (1160 AM; 10 kW; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN WIRELESS, INCORPORATED)
- WABI (910 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTME (780 AM; 10 kW; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Hammond:
- WHOU-FM (100.1 FM; HOULTON, ME; Owner: COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WQHR (96.1 FM; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WOZI (101.9 FM; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WMEM (106.1 FM; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBPW (96.9 FM; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- W274AF (102.7 FM; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: BANGOR BAPTIST CHURCH)
TV broadcast stations around Hammond:
- WAGM-TV (Channel 8; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: NEPSK, INC.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 1Number of bridges
- 1m3ftTotal length
- $1,314,000Total costs
- 20Total average daily traffic
- 1Total average daily truck traffic
- 30Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (88%)
- Wood (12%)
Hammond compared to Maine state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.