|Median resident age:||38.0 years|
|Texas median age:||32.3 years|
Zip code: 77327
Hardin-Rye CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $57,731 (it was $37,600 in 2000)
- White alone - 4,505 (89.1%)
- Hispanic - 237 (4.7%)
- Black alone - 208 (4.1%)
- Two or more races - 56 (1.1%)
- American Indian alone - 39 (0.8%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 8 (0.2%)
- Asian alone - 4 (0.08%)
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 172.6 square miles.
Population density: 31 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Hardin-Rye:
- High school or higher: 68.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 4.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.2%
- Unemployed: 6.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 49.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Hardin-Rye CCD:
- Never married: 16.7%
- Now married: 65.2%
- Separated: 3.0%
- Widowed: 7.6%
- Divorced: 10.5%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Hardin-Rye CCD:||1.0% ($376)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Southeast Montgomery, TX (37.9 miles , pop. 208,076).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Houston, TX (56.3 miles , pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: Big Thicket Lake Estates, TX (2.7 miles ), Saratoga-Batson, TX (3.5 miles ), Shepherd, TX (4.0 miles ), Hardin, TX (4.0 miles ), Dayton Lakes, TX (4.1 miles) , Hull, TX (4.2 miles ), Cleveland, TX (4.4 miles ), Goodrich, TX (4.4 miles ).
Latitude: 30.38 N, Longitude: 94.77 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 936
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (16%)
- Chemicals (8%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (7%)
- Truck transportation (6%)
- Wood products (4%)
- Metal and metal products (4%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Educational services (18%)
- Health care (13%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (10%)
- Public administration (9%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Construction (3%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (3%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (9%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (9%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (6%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (6%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (5%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (3%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (8%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (5%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (5%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (5%)
Average climate in Hardin-Rye, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hardin-Rye-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Texas state average. It is 70% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/21/1992, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 22.1 miles away from the Hardin-Rye place center injured 16 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 11/21/1992, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 5.0 miles away from the place center injured one person and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Hardin-Rye-area historical earthquake activity is significantly below Texas state average. It is 91% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 2/10/2006 at 04:14:22, a magnitude 5.3 (4.2 MB, 5.3 MS, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 327.0 miles away from the city center
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML) earthquake occurred 397.7 miles away from Hardin-Rye center
On 4/9/1993 at 12:29:19, a magnitude 4.3 (4.1 MB, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 229.1 miles away from the city center
On 9/6/1997 at 23:38:00, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 311.7 miles away from the city center
On 4/7/2008 at 09:51:12, a magnitude 3.9 (3.9 MB, 3.9 MW, 3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 220.8 miles away from Hardin-Rye center
On 4/14/1995 at 00:32:56, a magnitude 5.7 (5.6 MB, 5.7 MS, 5.7 MW, Depth: 11.1 mi) earthquake occurred 513.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Liberty County (23) is a lot greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 15
Emergencies Declared: 7
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 11, Floods: 10, Hurricanes: 7, Tornadoes: 6, Fires: 4, Tropical Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Hardin-Rye:
- Lone Star College System (about 46 miles; The Woodlands, TX; Full-time enrollment: 45,205)
- Lee College (about 47 miles; Baytown, TX; FT enrollment: 4,278)
- Universal Technical Institute of Texas Inc. (about 47 miles; Houston, TX; FT enrollment: 3,236)
- Lamar Institute of Technology (about 48 miles; Beaumont, TX; FT enrollment: 2,023)
- Lamar University (about 48 miles; Beaumont, TX; FT enrollment: 13,658)
- Sam Houston State University (about 53 miles; Huntsville, TX; FT enrollment: 16,233)
- San Jacinto Community College (about 54 miles; Pasadena, TX; FT enrollment: 13,517)
Notable locations in Hardin-Rye: Morris Camp (A), Big Thicket Lake Estates Volunteer Fire Department (B), North Liberty County Fire Department (C), Woodpecker Volunteer Fire Department (D), Hardin Volunteer Fire Department (E), Liberty County Fire Marshal's Office (F), Liberty County Sheriff's Department (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Hardin-Rye include: Concord Church (A), Rebekah Church (B), Green Chapel (C), Horn Crossing Church (D), Hardin Church (E), Olive Bethel Baptist Church (F), Mount Calvary Church (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Moss Hill Cemetery (1), McNulty Cemetery (2), Fields Cemetery (3), Hank Cemetery (4). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Willis Lake (A), Chain O'Lakes (B), Horseshoe Lake (C), Jack Williams Lake (D), Stumpy Lake (E), Sand Lake (F), Horseshoe Brake (G), Old River Lake (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Beef Head Creek (A), McMurtry Bayou (B), Beard Bayou (C), Gillen Bayou (D), Greens Bayou (E), Knight Bayou (F), Cherry Creek (G), Barrett Bayou (H), Mill Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Hardin-Rye compared to Texas state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (47%)
- Electricity (47%)
- Wood (3%)
- Utility gas (2%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Hardin-Rye CCD (based on Liberty County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 57.73%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||Catholic Church||United Methodist Church||Assemblies of God||Muslim Estimate|
|Name||Churches of Christ||LDS (Mormon) Church||Baptist Missionary Association of America||American Baptist Association||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Liberty County:||2.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Liberty County:||1.87 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Liberty County:||4.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.54 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
7.75% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,305 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Harris County, TX||3.17% ($37,501 average AGI)|
|from Montgomery County, TX||1.04% ($29,393)|
|from Chambers County, TX||0.34% ($44,961)|
8.15% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($33,385 average adjusted gross income)
0.04% of residents moved to foreign countries ($203 average AGI)
Liberty County: 0.04% Texas average: 0.10%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Hardin-Rye:
- KTRH (740 AM; 50 kW; HOUSTON, TX; Owner: AMFM TEXAS LICENSES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KGOL (1180 AM; 50 kW; HUMBLE, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KSEV (700 AM; 15 kW; TOMBALL, TX; Owner: LIBERMAN BROADCASTING OF HOUSTON LICENSE CORP.)
- KJOJ (880 AM; 10 kW; CONROE, TX; Owner: LIBERMAN BROADCASTING OF HOUSTON LICENSE CORP.)
- KETX (1440 AM; 5 kW; LIVINGSTON, TX; Owner: LONE STAR NETWORK)
- KLAT (1010 AM; 10 kW; HOUSTON, TX; Owner: TICHENOR LICENSE CORPORATION ("TLC"))
- KILE (1560 AM; 50 kW; BELLAIRE, TX; Owner: THE RAFTT CORPORATION)
- KKHT (1070 AM; 10 kW; HOUSTON, TX; Owner: SOUTH TEXAS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KILT (610 AM; 5 kW; HOUSTON, TX; Owner: TEXAS INFINITY BROADCASTING L.P.)
- KLVI (560 AM; 5 kW; BEAUMONT, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KYOK (1140 AM; daytime; 5 kW; CONROE, TX; Owner: MARTIN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KEEL (710 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KBME (790 AM; 5 kW; HOUSTON, TX; Owner: AMFM TEXAS LICENSES LTD. PARTNERSHIP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Hardin-Rye:
- KVST (103.7 FM; WILLIS, TX; Owner: NEW WAVO COMMUNICATION GROUP, INC.)
- KTHT (97.1 FM; CLEVELAND, TX; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KQBU-FM (93.3 FM; PORT ARTHUR, TX; Owner: TICHENOR LICENSE CORPORATION ("TLC"))
- KQQK (107.9 FM; BEAUMONT, TX; Owner: LIBERMAN BROADCASTING OF HOUSTON LICENSE CORP.)
- KTJM (98.5 FM; PORT ARTHUR, TX; Owner: LIBERMAN BROADCASTING OF HOUSTON LICENSE CORP.)
- KHPT (106.9 FM; CONROE, TX; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KSBJ (89.3 FM; HUMBLE, TX; Owner: KSBJ EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- KOBT (100.7 FM; WINNIE, TX; Owner: TICHENOR LICENSE CORPORATION ("TLC"))
- KRWP (97.5 FM; BEAUMONT, TX; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KSHN (99.9 FM; LIBERTY, TX; Owner: TRINITY RIVER VALLEY BROADCASTING CO)
- KIOC (106.1 FM; ORANGE, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KETX-FM (92.3 FM; LIVINGSTON, TX; Owner: LONE STAR NETWORK)
TV broadcast stations around Hardin-Rye:
- K09VO (Channel 9; BEAUMONT, TX; Owner: BEAUMONT BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KCTL-LP (Channel 25; LIVINGSTON, TX; Owner: INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- KETX-LP (Channel 5; LIVINGSTON, TX; Owner: LONE STAR NETWORK)
- KBMT (Channel 12; BEAUMONT, TX; Owner: CHANNEL 12 OF BEAUMONT, INC.)
Hardin-Rye on our top lists:
- #12 on the list of "Top 100 cities with lowest ratio of median house value to median household income (pop. 5,000+)"
- #91 on the list of "Top 100 cities with longest commuting times"
- #56 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of children under 18 without health insurance coverage in 2000 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #92 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of people without health insurance coverage in 2000 (pop. 50,000+)"