|Median resident age:||39.6 years|
|Kentucky median age:||41.0 years|
Harlan city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $72,681 (it was $69,400 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $399.
- White alone - 1,586 (90.9%)
- Black alone - 64 (3.7%)
- Hispanic - 41 (2.3%)
- Asian alone - 28 (1.6%)
- Two or more races - 24 (1.4%)
- American Indian alone - 1 (0.06%)
- Other race alone - 1 (0.06%)
Latest news from Harlan, KY collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: United States (38.3%), Irish (12.8%), English (9.1%), German (6.0%), Scottish (1.9%), Italian (1.6%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 04/15/1884
Elevation: 1280 feet
Land area: 1.75 square miles.
Population density: 966 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Harlan:
- High school or higher: 80.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 20.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.9%
- Unemployed: 12.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 14.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Harlan city:
- Never married: 26.5%
- Now married: 44.0%
- Separated: 2.2%
- Widowed: 10.9%
- Divorced: 16.3%
10 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Kentucky and other state lists there were 7 registered sex offenders living in Harlan, Kentucky as of May 03, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Harlan to the number of sex offenders is 242 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $846 (1.1%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $870 (1.2%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Johnson City, TN (63.2 miles , pop. 55,469).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Fayette, KY (104.5 miles , pop. 260,512).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (416.9 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Loyall, KY (1.4 miles ), Pine Mountain, KY (2.3 miles ), Wallins Creek, KY (2.3 miles ), South Wallins, KY (2.3 miles ), Cawood, KY (2.7 miles ), Evarts, KY (2.7 miles ), Coldiron, KY (2.7 miles ), Kenvir, KY (3.0 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 11 buildings, average cost: $46,800
Latitude: 36.84 N, Longitude: 83.32 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +2,179 (+118.1%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 292 (49.0%)
Area code: 606
|Crime rates in Harlan by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 289.5)||374.5||469.4||323.9||286.9||220.6||190.7||292.6||202.2||222.2|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Harlan detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||7.49|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -748 (-26.4%).
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (28%)
- Accommodation and food services (12%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Transportation and warehousing (8%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (7%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Manufacturing (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (27%)
- Educational services (22%)
- Accommodation and food services (13%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (9%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (7%)
- Other services, except public administration (4%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (9%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (7%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (7%)
- Physicians and surgeons (7%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (6%)
- Carpenters (5%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (4%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (10%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (8%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (7%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Cashiers (6%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (5%)
- Counselors, social workers, and other community and social service specialists (5%)
Average climate in Harlan, Kentucky
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Harlan-area historical tornado activity is significantly below Kentucky state average. It is 57% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/9/1988, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 24.8 miles away from the Harlan city center killed one person and injured 15 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 7/6/1980, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 18.5 miles away from the city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Harlan-area historical earthquake activity is near Kentucky state average. It is 79% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 100.3 miles away from the city center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 80.5 miles away from Harlan center
On 9/7/1988 at 02:28:09, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG) earthquake occurred 95.1 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 273.7 miles away from the city center
On 8/17/1990 at 21:01:17, a magnitude 4.0 (3.5 LG, 4.0 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 3.5 miles away from Harlan center
On 11/23/2006 at 10:42:57, a magnitude 4.3 (4.3 MB, 4.3 LG) earthquake occurred 77.4 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Harlan County (15) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 9, Storms: 8, Tornadoes: 4, Fires: 2, Snows: 2, Blizzard: 1, Freeze: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snowfall: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Nick Lachey - Dance musician, Karl Spillman Forester - Federal judge, Peggy McDowell Curlin - Women's rights activist, Rusty York - Banjoist.
Hospitals and medical centers in Harlan:
- HARLAN APPALACHIAN REGIONAL HEALTHCARE HOSPITAL (Voluntary non-profit - Other, provides emergency services, 81 BALL PARK ROAD)
- MOUNTAIN HERITAGE HOSPICE INC (163 BELKWAY VILLAGE CTR 2 P O BOX 189)
- FMC - NA HARLAN (136 VILLAGE CENTER RD)
- HARLAN ARH HHA (81 BALL PARK ROAD)
- HARLAN HEALTH AND REHABILITATION CENTER (200 MEDICAL CENTER DRIVE)
Airports located in Harlan:
- Tucker-Guthrie Memorial Airport (Runways: 1, Air Taxi Ops: 700, Itinerant Ops: 2,800, Local Ops: 2,000, Military Ops: 100)
College/University in Harlan:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Harlan:
- Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College (about 21 miles; Cumberland, KY; Full-time enrollment: 2,196)
- Lincoln Memorial University (about 27 miles; Harrogate, TN; FT enrollment: 3,706)
- Hazard Community and Technical College (about 29 miles; Hazard, KY; FT enrollment: 2,087)
- Walters State Community College (about 44 miles; Morristown, TN; FT enrollment: 4,359)
- University of the Cumberlands (about 48 miles; Williamsburg, KY; FT enrollment: 3,585)
- Tusculum College (about 56 miles; Greeneville, TN; FT enrollment: 2,070)
- Northeast State Community College (about 57 miles; Blountville, TN; FT enrollment: 4,480)
Public high schools in Harlan:
Public elementary/middle school in Harlan:
- Harlan Elementary School (Students: 354; Location: 420 E Central St; Grades: K-4)
Library in Harlan:
Notable locations in Harlan: Harlan County Emergency Management (A), Harlan Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Clover Fork Cumberland River (A), Dave Smith Branch (B), Coldiron Branch (C), Catron Creek (D), Martins Fork Cumberland River (E), Baker Branch (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotels: Holiday Inn Express (2608 South USHighway 421), Mount Aire Motel (355 Skidmore Drive), Tomlinson and Cody (100 Walnut Street).
Courts: Kentucky State - Supreme Court- Employment Services Department (119 North Cumberland Avenue), Kentucky State - Supreme Court- Unemployment Insurance Division (124 South Cumberland Avenue), Harlan County - Circuit Court Clerk (129 South 1st Street), Harlan County - District Court (129 South 1st Street), Harlan County - Circuit Court (129 South 1st Street).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2004 was 23.7. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2004 was 20.7. This is about average. Closest monitor was 0.4 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Harlan and their reported violations in the past:HARLAN MUNICIPAL WATER WORKS (Population served: 6,534, Surface water):
Past monitoring violations:COAP, INC. (Population served: 36, Purch surface water):
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between JUL-2012 and SEP-2012, Contaminant: Total Haloacetic Acids (HAA5). Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (NOV-02-2012), St Formal NOV issued (NOV-02-2012), St Compliance achieved (MAR-27-2013), St Public Notif received (JUL-10-2013)
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between JUL-2012 and SEP-2012, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (NOV-02-2012), St Formal NOV issued (NOV-02-2012), St Compliance achieved (MAR-27-2013), St Public Notif received (JUL-10-2013)
- One regular monitoring violation
Past monitoring violations:
- Initial Tap Sampling for Pb and Cu - In JUL-01-2012, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (FEB-14-2013), St Formal NOV issued (FEB-14-2013), St Compliance achieved (JAN-03-2014)
- Initial Tap Sampling for Pb and Cu - In JAN-01-2010, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JAN-25-2010), St Formal NOV issued (JAN-25-2010), St Compliance achieved (FEB-07-2013)
- Monitoring of Treatment (SWTR-Filter) - In DEC-2009. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (FEB-13-2010), St Formal NOV issued (FEB-13-2010), St Compliance achieved (MAY-19-2010)
- Monitoring of Treatment (SWTR-Filter) - In NOV-2009. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (FEB-13-2010), St Formal NOV issued (FEB-13-2010), St Compliance achieved (MAY-19-2010)
- 2 routine major monitoring violations
(31.1% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 48.8% for Black residents, 11.1% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 0.0% for American Indian residents, 100.0% for other race residents, 97.3% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.1% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
Harlan compared to Kentucky state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
Banks with branches in Harlan (2011 data):
- The Bank of Harlan: Mansion Branch, The Bank Of Harlan, Village Center Branch. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $131.9 mil, Deposits: $112.1 mil, local headquarters, positive income, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Banco Harlan, Inc.
- Home Federal Bank Corporation: Village Center Branch at 185 Finance Street, branch established on 1920/01/01; Cumberland Avenue Branch at 102 Cumberland Avenue, branch established on 2001/12/18. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $347.7 mil, Deposits: $267.1 mil, headquarters in Middlesboro, KY, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 6 total offices, Holding Company: Hfb Financial Corporation
- Commercial Bank: Harlan Branch at 2320 South U.S. Highway 421, branch established on 2005/11/29. Info updated 2008/09/25: Bank assets: $807.9 mil, Deposits: $626.4 mil, headquarters in Harrogate, TN, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 20 total offices, Holding Company: Unified Shares, Llc
- Branch Banking and Trust Company: Harlan Main Branch at 200 Professional Lane, branch established on 1968/02/06. Info updated 2010/03/29: Bank assets: $168,867.6 mil, Deposits: $127,549.5 mil, headquarters in Winston Salem, NC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1793 total offices, Holding Company: Bb&T Corporation
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Harlan, Kentucky:
- Ackley Motel, S Main St, Harlan, KY 40831 , Phone: (606) 573-1868
- Bays Motel, Hwy 421, Harlan, KY 40831 , Phone: (606) 573-4660
- Jones Motel, Hwy 421, Harlan, KY 40831 , Phone: (606) 573-1140
- Comfort Inn, 2608 South Hwy 421, Harlan, KY 40840 , Phone: (606) 573-3385, Fax: (606) 573-6717
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (83%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (7%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (3%)
- Utility gas (2%)
- Coal or coke (2%)
- No fuel used (1%)
- Wood (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Harlan city (based on Harlan County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 49.44%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee)||United Methodist Church||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||East District Association of Primitive Baptist|
|Name||Churches of Christ||Catholic Church||Assemblies of God||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Harlan County:||3.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||2.19 / 10,000 pop.|
|Harlan County:||0.64 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||0.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|Harlan County:||4.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||2.57 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Police Protection - Officers||11||$29,023||$31,661||0||$0|
|Police - Other||1||$1,685||$20,220||4||$3,095|
|Streets and Highways||8||$15,452||$23,178||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||1||$1,532||$18,384||3||$2,776|
|Totals for Government||41||$95,081||$27,829||7||$5,871|
2.60% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($27,233 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Bell County, KY||0.19% ($45,813 average AGI)|
|from Fayette County, KY||0.18% ($27,667)|
|from Laurel County, KY||0.14% ($25,000)|
3.09% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($27,077 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Harlan:
- WFSR (970 AM; 5 kW; HARLAN, KY; Owner: EASTERN BROADCASTING COMPAY)
- WHLN (1410 AM; 5 kW; HARLAN, KY)
- WKVL (850 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: HORNE RADIO, LLC)
- WMIK (560 AM; 3 kW; MIDDLESBORO, KY; Owner: GATEWAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WGOC (640 AM; 10 kW; BLOUNTVILLE, TN; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WFGW (1010 AM; 50 kW; BLACK MOUNTAIN, NC; Owner: BLUE RIDGE BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WSWV (1570 AM; 2 kW; PENNINGTON GAP, VA; Owner: IBS COMMUNICATIONS, L.L.C.)
- WKIC (1390 AM; 5 kW; HAZARD, KY)
- WPWT (870 AM; daytime; 10 kW; COLONIAL HEIGHTS, TN; Owner: INFORMATION COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WKLB (1290 AM; 5 kW; MANCHESTER, KY; Owner: BARKER BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WLFJ (660 AM; daytime; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTCW (920 AM; 4 kW; WHITESBURG, KY; Owner: T.C.W. BROADCASTING , INC.)
- WZAP (690 AM; 10 kW; BRISTOL, VA; Owner: RAM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Harlan:
- WTUK (105.1 FM; HARLAN, KY; Owner: EASTERN BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WSEH (102.7 FM; CUMBERLAND, KY; Owner: CUMBERLAND CITY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WAXM (93.5 FM; BIG STONE GAP, VA; Owner: VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSGS (101.1 FM; HAZARD, KY; Owner: MOUNTAIN BROADCASTING SERVICE, INC.)
- W223AA (92.5 FM; BIG STONE GAP, VA; Owner: VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WMIK-FM (92.7 FM; MIDDLESBORO, KY; Owner: GATEWAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WEKH (90.9 FM; HAZARD, KY; Owner: EASTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY)
- WJDT (106.5 FM; ROGERSVILLE, TN; Owner: C & S BROADCASTING)
- WTFM (98.5 FM; KINGSPORT, TN; Owner: HOLSTON VALLEY BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WJNV (99.1 FM; JONESVILLE, VA; Owner: REGINA KAY MOORE)
- WRIL (106.3 FM; PINEVILLE, KY; Owner: PINE HILLS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WZQQ (97.9 FM; HYDEN, KY; Owner: LESLIE COUNTY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WIFX-FM (94.3 FM; JENKINS, KY; Owner: LETCHER COUNTY BROADCASTING, INC)
- WJMD (104.7 FM; HAZARD, KY; Owner: HAZARD BROADCASTING SERVICES)
- WXKQ-FM (103.9 FM; WHITESBURG, KY; Owner: T.C.W. BROADCASTING , INC.)
- WBGQ (100.7 FM; BULLS GAP, TN; Owner: CHEROKEE BROADCASTING)
- WMMT (88.7 FM; WHITESBURG, KY; Owner: APPALSHOP, INCORPORATED)
- WCTU (105.9 FM; TAZEWELL, TN; Owner: STAIR COMPANY, INC)
- WDXC (102.3 FM; POUND, VA; Owner: WDXC RADIO, INC.)
- WIMZ-FM (103.5 FM; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: SOUTH CENTRAL COMM., CORP.)
TV broadcast stations around Harlan:
- WAGV (Channel 44; HARLAN, KY; Owner: LIVING FAITH MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WYMT-TV (Channel 57; HAZARD, KY; Owner: WYMT LICENSEE CORP.)
- W24BT (Channel 24; TALBERT, KY; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WKHA (Channel 35; HAZARD, KY; Owner: KENTUCKY AUTHORITY FOR EDUCATIONAL TV)
- W31BU (Channel 31; TALBERT, KY; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W53BQ (Channel 53; TALBERT, KY; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W69ED (Channel 69; TALBERT, KY; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W26BK (Channel 26; TALBERT, KY; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2011 (per 100,000 population)
- Fatal accident count: 11
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 22
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 2
- Fatalities: 15
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 40
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 0
- Fatal accident count: 87
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 135
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 26
- Fatalities: 95
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 228
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 9
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Harlan)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:15 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Harlan, KY)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:15 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:12 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers:5 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:22 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Harlan)
FAA Registered Aircraft:3
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-23-160 (Category: Land, Engines: 2, Seats: 5, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 150 mph), Engine: LYCOMING O&VO-360 SER (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 3242P , Serial Number: 23-1187, Year manufactured: 1957, Airworthiness Date: 10/14/1957
Registrant (Corporation): Harlan County Ambulance Service Ine, Po Box 668, Harlan, KY 40831
- Aircraft: CESSNA 310F (Category: Land, Engines: 2, Seats: 5, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 167 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR I0-470 SERIES (260 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 6711X , Serial Number: 310-0011, Year manufactured: 1960, Airworthiness Date: 11/23/1960
Registrant (Corporation): Atlas Air Inc, Po Box 933, Harlan, KY 40831
- Aircraft: CESSNA 172N (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 92SP , Serial Number: 17268830, Year manufactured: 1977, Airworthiness Date: 03/16/1977
Registrant (Co-Owned): Earlbert D Pollitte, Po Box 1213, Harlan, KY 40831, Other Owners: Kathy Pollitte
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 27
- Hazardous Condition: 4
- Good Intent Call: 1
Incident types - Harlan
|Most common first names in Harlan, KY among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Harlan, KY among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Harlan, KY|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||Long John Silver's||1|
|FedEx||1||Papa John's Pizza||1|
Harlan on our top lists:
- #16 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Librarians, curators, and archivists"
- #25 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Used merchandise, gift, novelty, and souvenir, and other miscellaneous stores"
- #40 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Health care"
- #54 on the list of "Top 101 cities that people commute into (largest positive percentage daily daytime population change due to commuting)"
- #67 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Judges, magistrates, and other judicial workers"
- #83 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Education, training, and library occupations:"
- #89 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Postsecondary teachers"
- #89 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)"
- #10 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating to other counties in 2006"
- #52 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating from other counties between 2005 and 2006"