We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||36.3 years|
|Texas median age:||32.3 years|
Zip code: 75651
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $21,233 (it was $15,071 in 2000)
Harleton CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $87,695 (it was $54,000 in 2000)
Races in Harleton, TX (2000)
- 5,12082.3%White alone
- 87814.1%Black alone
- 711.1%Two or more races
- 160.3%American Indian alone
- 50.08%Asian alone
- 20.03%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
- 20.03%Other race alone
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 204.6 square miles.
Population density: 31 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Harleton:
- High school or higher: 74.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.6%
- Unemployed: 6.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 28.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Harleton CCD:
- Never married: 17.6%
- Now married: 66.9%
- Separated: 2.5%
- Widowed: 8.2%
- Divorced: 7.4%
According to our research of Texas and other state lists there were 9 registered sex offenders living in Harleton, Texas as of July 30, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Harleton to the number of sex offenders is 705 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Harleton CCD:||1.0% ($548)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Longview, TX (17.7 miles , pop. 73,344).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Shreveport, LA (45.7 miles , pop. 200,145).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (132.4 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Nesbitt, TX (2.6 miles ), Pine Harbor, TX (2.7 miles ), Jefferson, TX (3.4 miles ), Hallsville, TX (3.5 miles ), Marshall, TX (3.5 miles ), Ore City, TX (3.8 miles ), Avinger, TX (4.0 miles ), Longview, TX (4.2 miles ).
Latitude: 32.67 N, Longitude: 94.52 W
Area code: 903
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (18%)
- Metal and metal products (10%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (7%)
- Transportation equipment (5%)
- Truck transportation (4%)
- Repair and maintenance (4%)
- Chemicals (3%)
- Educational services (15%)
- Health care (13%)
- Finance and insurance (11%)
- Food and beverage stores (6%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (5%)
- Personal and laundry services (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (14%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (11%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (6%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (5%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Supervisors of construction and extraction workers (4%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (8%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (7%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Cashiers (4%)
- Health technologists and technicians (4%)
Average climate in Harleton, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Harleton-area historical tornado activity is above Texas state average. It is 138% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/1/1979, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 13.6 miles away from the Harleton place center caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 9/22/1965, a category F3 tornado 14.4 miles away from the place center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Harleton-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Texas state average. It is 79% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/6/1997 at 23:38:00, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 176.5 miles away from the city center
On 1/21/1982 at 00:33:54, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 217.9 miles away from Harleton center
On 5/4/2001 at 06:42:12, a magnitude 4.7 (4.2 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 220.3 miles away from the city center
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 363.9 miles away from the city center
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG) earthquake occurred 315.6 miles away from Harleton center
On 1/18/1995 at 15:51:39, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 229.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Harrison County (14) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 7
Emergencies Declared: 7
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 5, Floods: 4, Storms: 4, Fires: 3, Tornado: 1, Winter Storm: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: George E. Johnson (basketball) - Basketball player.
Hospitals and medical centers near Harleton:
- PINE HILL NURSING AND REHABILITATION (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; JEFFERSON, TX)
- MARION COUNTY HOSPITAL (Hospital, about 12 miles away; JEFFERSON, TX)
- MAGNOLIA MANOR NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; JEFFERSON, TX)
- MARSHALL MANOR HOMECARE AND HOSPICE (Home Health Center, about 13 miles away; MARSHALL, TX)
- GROVE GARDENS CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; MARSHALL, TX)
- GOOD SHEPHERD HOMECARE - MARSHALL (Home Health Center, about 13 miles away; MARSHALL, TX)
- GOOD SHEPHERD MEDICAL CENTER MARSHALL Acute Care Hospitals (about 13 miles away; MARSHALL, TX)
Amtrak stations near Harleton:
- 12 miles: MARSHALL (FOOT OF N. WASHINGTON AVE.) . Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service.
- 18 miles: LONGVIEW (905 PACIFIC AVE.) . Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Harleton:
- LeTourneau University (about 19 miles; Longview, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,357)
- Kilgore College (about 29 miles; Kilgore, TX; FT enrollment: 3,127)
- Northeast Texas Community College (about 37 miles; Mount Pleasant, TX; FT enrollment: 2,320)
- Southern University at Shreveport (about 41 miles; Shreveport, LA; FT enrollment: 2,277)
- The University of Texas at Tyler (about 50 miles; Tyler, TX; FT enrollment: 5,774)
- Louisiana State University-Shreveport (about 51 miles; Shreveport, LA; FT enrollment: 3,159)
- Tyler Junior College (about 51 miles; Tyler, TX; FT enrollment: 8,104)
Public high school in Harleton:
- Harleton High School (Students: 215; Location: 17000 STATE HWY 154; Grades: 9-12; Our rating: 66)
Public elementary/middle schools in Harleton:
Notable locations in Harleton: Oak Haven Home (A), Nesbitt Volunteer Fire Department (B), Harleton Volunteer Fire Department (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Harleton include: Potters Creek Church (A), Saint James Church (B), Saint Mark Church (C), Simmons Church (D), Smyrna Church (E), Springhill Church (F), Starlight Church (G), Sunnyhill Church (H), Woodlawn Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Nesbitt Cemetery (1), New Zion Cemetery (2), Center Cemetery (3), Davis Cemetery (4), Tage Cemetery (5), Eagle Creek Cemetery (6), Piney Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Rock Lake (A), Bluff Spring Lake (B), Sanders Lake (C), Frances Lake (D), Franklin Lake (E), Lake Deerwood (F), Satterwhite Ranch Lake (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creeks: Rainey Creek (A), Pope Creek (B), Panther Creek (C), Page Creek (D), Moccasin Creek (E), Eagle Creek (F), Grays Creek (G), Gum Creek (H), Lawrence Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 87.8. This is about average.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 3.75. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 13.4 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 1.77. This is about average. Closest monitor was 23.1 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 27.1. This is about average. Closest monitor was 13.4 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 10.4. This is about average. Closest monitor was 13.4 miles away from the city center.
|This place:||2.7 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Harleton compared to Texas state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Banks with branches in Harleton (2011 data):
- The First National Bank of Hughes Springs: Harleton Branch at 17045 State Hwy 154, branch established on 2006/01/01. Info updated 2012/02/07: Bank assets: $186.5 mil, Deposits: $153.7 mil, headquarters in Hughes Springs, TX, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 11 total offices, Holding Company: Chalybeate Springs Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (64%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (20%)
- Utility gas (10%)
- Wood (4%)
- Other fuel (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Harleton CCD (based on Harrison County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Harrison County:||1.90 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Harrison County:||0.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Harrison County:||5.70 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.59 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
7.83% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($42,279 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Gregg County, TX||1.78% ($39,915 average AGI)|
|from Dallas County, TX||0.38% ($27,953)|
|from Caddo Parish, LA||0.37% ($37,627)|
7.40% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($35,696 average adjusted gross income)
0.05% of residents moved to foreign countries ($112 average AGI)
Harrison County: 0.05% Texas average: 0.10%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Harleton:
- KEEL (710 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KWKH (1130 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KPYN (900 AM; 10 kW; ATLANTA, TX; Owner: FAMILY WORSHIP CENTER CHURCH, INC.)
- KOFY (1060 AM; daytime; 10 kW; GILMER, TX; Owner: JERRY RUSSELL D/B/A THE RUSSELL COMPANY)
- KEES (1430 AM; 5 kW; GLADEWATER, TX; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KFXR (1190 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KTBB (600 AM; 5 kW; TYLER, TX; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KNCB (1320 AM; 5 kW; VIVIAN, LA; Owner: NORTH CADDO BROADCASTING CO.)
- KMHT (1450 AM; 1 kW; MARSHALL, TX; Owner: HANSZEN BROADCAST GROUP, INC.)
- KRLD (1080 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TEXAS INFINITY BROADCASTING L.P.)
- KFRO (1370 AM; 1 kW; LONGVIEW, TX; Owner: WALLER MEDIA, LLC)
- KOKA (980 AM; 5 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: ACCESS.1 COMMUNICATIONS - SHREVEPORT, LLC)
- WBAP (820 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Harleton:
- KYKX (105.7 FM; LONGVIEW, TX; Owner: WALLER MEDIA, LLC)
- KJTX (104.5 FM; JEFFERSON, TX; Owner: WISDOM MINISTRIES, INC.)
- KRMD-FM (101.1 FM; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KMHT-FM (103.9 FM; MARSHALL, TX; Owner: HANSZEN BROADCAST GROUP, INC.)
- KCUL-FM (92.3 FM; MARSHALL, TX; Owner: ACCESS.1 COMMUNICATIONS CORP.-NY)
- KTAL-FM (98.1 FM; TEXARKANA, TX; Owner: ACCESS.1 COMMUNICATIONS - SHREVEPORT, LLC)
- KFRO-FM (95.3 FM; GILMER, TX; Owner: WALLER MEDIA, LLC)
- KRUF (94.5 FM; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KXKS-FM (93.7 FM; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KIXK (99.3 FM; WHITE OAK, TX; Owner: REYNOLDS RADIO, INC.)
- KNUE (101.5 FM; TYLER, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KDAQ (89.9 FM; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: BD. SUP. LA ST. UNIV. & AGRIC. MECH.)
- KTAA (90.7 FM; BIG SANDY, TX; Owner: INSTITUTE IN BASIC LIFE PRINCIPLES, INC.)
- KVMA-FM (107.9 FM; MAGNOLIA, AR; Owner: COLUMBIA BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KTUX (98.9 FM; CARTHAGE, TX; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KVNE (89.5 FM; TYLER, TX; Owner: EDUC. RADIO FOUND. OF E. TEXAS, INC.)
- KVKI-FM (96.5 FM; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KKTX-FM (96.1 FM; KILGORE, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KAZE (106.9 FM; ORE CITY, TX; Owner: REYNOLDS RADIO, INC.)
- KBWC (91.1 FM; MARSHALL, TX; Owner: WILEY COLLEGE)
TV broadcast stations around Harleton:
- KTBS-TV (Channel 3; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: KTBS, INC.)
- KSLA-TV (Channel 12; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: KSLA, LLC)
- KMSS-TV (Channel 33; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: COMCORP OF TEXAS LICENSE CORP.)
- KTAL-TV (Channel 6; TEXARKANA, TX; Owner: NEXSTAR BROADCASTING OF LOUISIANA, LLC)
- KSHV (Channel 45; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: WHITE KNIGHT BROADCASTING OF SHREVEPORT LIC. CORP.)
- KLTV (Channel 7; TYLER, TX; Owner: CIVCO, INC.)
- KLTS-TV (Channel 24; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: LOUISIANA EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION AUTHORITY)
- KLPN-LP (Channel 58; LONGVIEW, TX; Owner: WARWICK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KFXK (Channel 51; LONGVIEW, TX; Owner: WARWICK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- K59GO (Channel 59; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- KLGV-LP (Channel 10; LONGVIEW, TX; Owner: INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING NETWORK)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2013 (per 100,000 population)
Harleton fatal accident list:
Aug 2, 1980 09:45 PM, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 5, Fatalities: 2, Drunken persons involved: 1
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Harleton)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:23 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:4
- STATION, .5 Mi W Of Harleton On Hwy 154 (Lat: 32.678194 Lon: -94.587694), Overall height: 57.9 m, Call Sign: WNTS616
Assigned Frequencies: 928.543 MHz, 952.543 MHz
Grant Date: 08/24/1993, Expiration Date: 08/24/1998
Registrant: Phone: (214) 426-7980
- STATION, Lat: 32.695972 Lon: -94.500194, Overall height: 6.1 m, Call Sign: WNTU687
Assigned Frequencies: 956.293 MHz
Grant Date: 01/10/2009, Expiration Date: 03/21/2019, Certifier: David B Trego
Registrant: American Electric Power Service Corporation, One Riverside Plaza, Columbus, OH 43215, Phone: (614) 716-5874, Fax: (614) 716-3535, Email:
- ASHLAND, 0.9 Mi N Of Sr 154 & Dunn Cuttoff Rd (Ashland Site) (Lat: 32.690333 Lon: -94.620806), Type: Tower, Structure height: 91.4 m, Overall height: 98.4 m, Call Sign: WQOH398
Assigned Frequencies: 6286.19 MHz
Grant Date: 09/27/2011, Expiration Date: 09/27/2021, Cancellation Date: 03/26/2013, Certifier: Pamelia Y Hoof
Registrant: Verizon Wireless, 1120 Sanctuary Pkwy, #150 Gasa5reg, Alpharetta, GA 30009-7630, Phone: (770) 797-1070, Fax: (770) 797-1036, Email:
- HARLETON, 16325 Farm Road 2208 (Lat: 32.667000 Lon: -94.560639), Type: Gtower, Structure height: 102.7 m, Overall height: 107.3 m, Call Sign: WQQR203
Assigned Frequencies: 10735.0 MHz, 10775.0 MHz, 10735.0 MHz, 10775.0 MHz, 10735.0 MHz, 10775.0 MHz, 10735.0 MHz, 10775.0 MHz
Grant Date: 02/14/2013, Expiration Date: 02/14/2023, Certifier: Christopher Pickard
Registrant: Peg Bandwidth, 5904 Stone Creek Drive, Suite 130, The Colony, TX 75056, Phone: (214) 770-8791, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Harleton)
FAA Registered Aircraft:1
- Aircraft: HEARN JAMES M CHALLENGER I (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: ROTAX 503DCSI (52 HP) (2 Cycle)
N-Number: 31478 , Serial Number: 0994 R 0502, Year manufactured: 1994, Airworthiness Date: 04/25/2007
Registrant (Individual): James M Hearn, 525 Edmondson Rd, Harleton, TX 75651
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 10
Total of 2 patent applications in 2008-2015.