Harrisburg: Walking to the park one day I saw this and thought it was beautiful.
Harrisburg: Table Rock at Garden of the Gods
Harrisburg: Start of Tunnel Hill Bike Trail in Harrisburg, Illinois
Harrisburg: City Hall: top, Old Post Office: Bottom
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||38.1 years|
|Illinois median age:||37.2 years|
Zip codes: 62946, 62965.Harrisburg Zip Code Map
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $21,197 (it was $15,005 in 2000)
Harrisburg city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $58,983 (it was $41,400 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $582.
Races in Harrisburg, IL (2013)
- 7,88887.2%White alone
- 5936.6%Black alone
- 1631.8%Two or more races
- 1091.2%Asian alone
- 370.4%American Indian alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Online travel agencies generate most of their revenue in the United States Oct 25
- In Which States are Businesses Most Dependent on International Demand? Oct 22
- The most comfortable places to live in the U.S. Oct 21
- Fast food industry is an enduring American value Oct 19
- A look at the numbers: diabetes in the U.S. Oct 17
|Why is the Chicago "Blaccent" More Southern than Boston/NYC/Philly's? (298 replies)|
|Tell me about Southern Illinois. ( Little Egypt) (9 replies)|
|What states do Chicagoans consider the Midwest? (41 replies)|
|Midwestern High Speed Rail Network - Chicago thoughts? (183 replies)|
|Antenna TV in Illinois (3 replies)|
|Retiring next year & Marion, IL is high on my list to move to (28 replies)|
Latest news from Harrisburg, IL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Irish (18.8%), German (17.2%), English (12.3%), United States (9.6%), French (2.7%), Italian (2.4%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 07/05/1888
Elevation: 403 feet
Land area: 6.24 square miles.
Population density: 1,429 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Harrisburg:
- High school or higher: 82.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.4%
- Unemployed: 8.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 20.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Harrisburg city:
- Never married: 30.9%
- Now married: 42.0%
- Separated: 2.8%
- Widowed: 9.1%
- Divorced: 15.2%
150 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Illinois and other state lists there were 25 registered sex offenders living in Harrisburg, Illinois as of October 26, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Harrisburg to the number of sex offenders is 361 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,423 (1.9%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $667 (1.5%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Evansville, IN (56.9 miles , pop. 121,582).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Louis, MO (111.1 miles , pop. 348,189).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (287.8 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Muddy, IL (1.6 miles) , Carrier Mills, IL (2.4 miles ), Raleigh, IL (2.5 miles ), Eldorado, IL (2.8 miles ), Galatia, IL (2.9 miles ), Equality, IL (3.3 miles ), Stonefort, IL (3.5 miles ), Crab Orchard, IL (3.8 miles ).
Latitude: 37.73 N, Longitude: 88.55 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,506 (+16.7%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,642 (55.9%)
Area code: 618
|Crime rates in Harrisburg by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 287.5)||161.6||165.7||33.4||100.9||133.7||540.6||312.5||280.5||464.0||379.7||271.0||265.4||243.5|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Harrisburg detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.44|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +195 (+2.0%).
- Retail trade (16%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (14%)
- Public administration (11%)
- Construction (11%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Transportation and warehousing (8%)
- Health care and social assistance (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (31%)
- Educational services (18%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Other services, except public administration (9%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Wholesale trade (4%)
- Public administration (3%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (17%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (11%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (9%)
- Sales and related occupations (8%)
- Management occupations (8%)
- Transportation occupations (7%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (17%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (14%)
- Personal care and service occupations (13%)
- Sales and related occupations (12%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (11%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (8%)
- Healthcare support occupations (7%)
Average climate in Harrisburg, Illinois
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Harrisburg-area historical tornado activity is near Illinois state average. It is 68% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/29/1982, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 15.6 miles away from the Harrisburg city center killed 10 people and injured 181 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 5/6/2003, a category F4 tornado 24.7 miles away from the city center killed 2 people and injured 33 people and caused $16 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Harrisburg-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Illinois state average. It is 74% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 61.3 miles away from the city center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 45.3 miles away from Harrisburg center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 83.3 miles away from the city center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 67.0 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 63.9 miles away from Harrisburg center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 107.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Saline County (6) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 4
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 3, Storms: 3, Tornadoes: 2, Hurricane: 1, Snow: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Chuck Hunsinger - College football player, Virginia Gregg - Actress, Dale Swann - Film actor, John Romonosky - Baseball player, William Badders - Navy Medal of Honor recipient, Braden Jones - College football player (Southern Illinois Salukis), Danny Fife - Baseball player, Henry Turner (endocrinologist) - Physician, John E. Bradley - Politician, Kyle Smithpeters - College basketball player (Southern Illinois Salukis).
Medal of Honor Recipients
Medal of Honor Recipient born in Harrisburg: William Badders.
Hospitals and medical centers in Harrisburg:
- HARRISBURG MEDICAL CENTER (Voluntary non-profit - Other, provides emergency services, 100 DOCTOR WARREN TUTTLE DR)
- SHAWNEE HOUSE (309 SERIGHT STREET)
- TURNER MANOR ("P.O.BOX 303, 901 OGLESBY ROAD")
- HARRISBURG MANOR (1000 WEST SLOAN STREET)
- LITTLE EGYPT MANOR (901 N WEBSTER ST)
- SALINE CARE CENTER (120 SOUTH LAND STREET, PO BOX 468)
- SHAWNEE ROSE CARE CENTER (1000 WEST SLOAN STREET)
- FMC - SALINE COUNTY (275 SMALL STREET)
Airports and heliports located in Harrisburg:
- Harrisburg-Raleigh Airport (HSB) (Runways: 2, Air Taxi Ops: 1,500, Itinerant Ops: 5,800, Local Ops: 10,400, Military Ops: 300)
- Harrisburg Medical Center Heliport (4IS4)
College/University in Harrisburg:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Harrisburg:
- John A Logan College (about 30 miles; Carterville, IL; Full-time enrollment: 3,995)
- Rend Lake College (about 35 miles; Ina, IL; FT enrollment: 2,778)
- Southern Illinois University-Carbondale (about 37 miles; Carbondale, IL; FT enrollment: 14,539)
- West Kentucky Community and Technical College (about 48 miles; Paducah, KY; FT enrollment: 4,107)
- University of Southern Indiana (about 51 miles; Evansville, IN; FT enrollment: 9,532)
- University of Evansville (about 58 miles; Evansville, IN; FT enrollment: 2,688)
- Southeast Missouri State University (about 62 miles; Cape Girardeau, MO; FT enrollment: 9,678)
Public high schools in Harrisburg:
- HARRISBURG HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 641, Location: 333 W COLLEGE ST, Grades: 9-12)
- SCHOOL DISTRICT 428 IYC-HRB (Students: 334, Location: 1201 W POPLAR ST, Grades: 7-12)
- LEARNING ALT BRANCH HARRISBURG (Students: 16, Location: 24 S VINE ST # 114, Grades: 6-12)
- LEARNING ALT BRANCH HARRISBURG (Location: 24 S VINE ST, Grades: 6-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Harrisburg:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- The Malan JR. High School has been effectively decommisioned and a Harrisburg Middle School has taken it's place.
Notable locations in Harrisburg: Saline County Courthouse (A), Harrisburg Fire Department (B), Miller Emergency Medical Services (C), Saline County Ambulance Service (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Sunset HillCemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Hotels: Comfort Inn Harrisburg (100A East Seright Street), Super 8 Motel (100 Searight St).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 55.4. This is better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 30.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 18.5 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 8.81. This is about average. Closest monitor was 24.5 miles away from the city center.
(15.6% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 79.9% for Black residents, 50.4% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 38.1% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
People in group quarters in Harrisburg in 2010:
- 288 people in correctional facilities intended for juveniles
- 148 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 115 people in other noninstitutional facilities
- 69 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 48 people in hospitals with patients who have no usual home elsewhere
- 5 people in group homes intended for adults
- 4 people in residential treatment centers for adults
People in group quarters in Harrisburg in 2000:
- 499 people in short-term care, detention or diagnostic centers for delinquent children
- 172 people in nursing homes
- 67 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 48 people in mental (psychiatric) hospitals or wards
Banks with branches in Harrisburg (2011 data):
- Banterra Bank: Harrisburg Branch at 520 East Poplar Street, branch established on 2008/03/03; Harrison South Drive Thru at 395 South Commercial Street, branch established on 2010/10/21. Info updated 2011/09/01: Bank assets: $1,103.3 mil, Deposits: $959.2 mil, headquarters in Marion, IL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 31 total offices, Holding Company: Banterra Corp
- Peoples National Bank , N.A.: Harrisburg Branch at 511 South Main Street, branch established on 2007/09/24; Harrisburg Main Branch at 445 North Commercial Street, branch established on 1995/09/19. Info updated 2006/12/14: Bank assets: $883.7 mil, Deposits: $803.4 mil, headquarters in Mount Vernon, IL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 19 total offices, Holding Company: Market Street Bancshares, Inc.
- Farmers State Bank of Alto Pass, Ill.: Commercial Street Branch at 555 South Commercial Street, branch established on 1995/11/22. Info updated 2010/06/30: Bank assets: $182.8 mil, Deposits: $164.7 mil, headquarters in Alto Pass, IL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Farmers State Holding Corp.
- Old National Bank: Harrisburg Branch at 2 E Locust St, branch established on 1889/01/01. Info updated 2011/08/01: Bank assets: $8,467.9 mil, Deposits: $6,653.1 mil, headquarters in Evansville, IN, positive income, 195 total offices, Holding Company: Old National Bancorp
- Legence Bank: Harrisburg Branch at 502 North Commercial, branch established on 1995/10/25. Info updated 2011/08/12: Bank assets: $227.3 mil, Deposits: $189.7 mil, headquarters in Eldorado, IL, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 6 total offices, Holding Company: First Eldorado Bancshares, Inc.
- Woodforest National Bank: Harrisburg Il Walmart Branch at 710 South Commercial Street, branch established on 2008/10/29. Info updated 2011/05/10: Bank assets: $3,488.9 mil, Deposits: $3,097.6 mil, headquarters in Houston, TX, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 766 total offices, Holding Company: Woodforest Financial Group Employee Stock Ownership Plan (With 401(K) Provisions) (Amended And
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Harrisburg city (based on Saline County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Saline County:||2.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|Saline County:||0.77 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||0.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Saline County:||5.76 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Harrisburg, IL Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||2||$6,740||$40,440||5||$2,900|
|Police Protection - Officers||14||$61,930||$53,083||0||$0|
|Police - Other||1||$3,394||$40,728||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||6||$23,416||$46,832||1||$1,680|
|Other and Unallocable||7||$27,256||$46,725||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||54||$223,464||$49,659||17||$5,218|
Harrisburg government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - General: $110,000 ($12.34)
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $1,224,000 ($137.31)
Central Staff Services: $1,096,000 ($122.95)
General - Other: $1,077,000 ($120.82)
Regular Highways: $771,000 ($86.49)
Sewerage: $616,000 ($69.10)
Police Protection: $614,000 ($68.88)
Fire Protection: $404,000 ($45.32)
General Public Buildings: $383,000 ($42.97)
Welfare - Other: $195,000 ($21.88)
- Employee Retirement - Total Cash & Deposits: $2,418,000 ($271.26)
Benefit Payments: $284,000 ($31.86)
Securities - Corporate Bonds (market): $81,000 ($9.09)
Withdrawals: $60,000 ($6.73)
- General - Interest on Debt: $75,000 ($8.41)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $2,091,000 ($234.57)
Harrisburg government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $857,000 ($96.14)
All Other: $122,000 ($13.69)
- Employee Retirement - Interest Revenue: $216,000 ($24.23)
From Local Government: $155,000 ($17.39)
Local Employee Contribution: $64,000 ($7.18)
From Other Government: $12,000 ($1.35)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $274,000 ($30.74)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $7,000 ($0.79)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $297,000 ($33.32)
General Revenue, NEC: $259,000 ($29.06)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $1,342,000 ($150.55)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $2,390,000 ($268.12)
Highways: $271,000 ($30.40)
All Other: $20,000 ($2.24)
- Tax - Property: $1,027,000 ($115.21)
NEC: $48,000 ($5.38)
Harrisburg government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $1,040,000 ($116.67)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $950,000 ($106.57)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $90,000 ($10.10)
Harrisburg government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Employee Retirement - Total Federal Securities: $1,572,000 ($176.35)
Total Other Securities: $160,000 ($17.95)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $5,708,000 ($640.34)
4.95% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($30,440 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Williamson County, IL||0.67% ($32,443 average AGI)|
|from Gallatin County, IL||0.52% ($34,723)|
|from Franklin County, IL||0.25% ($28,565)|
4.83% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,787 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Harrisburg:
- WEBQ (1240 AM; 1 kW; HARRISBURG, IL; Owner: VISHER-CHOATE II)
- WDDD (810 AM; 10 kW; JOHNSTON CITY, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WGGH (1150 AM; 5 kW; MARION, IL)
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- KMOX (1120 AM; 50 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCL (1060 AM; 3 kW; MCLEANSBORO, IL; Owner: DANA COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WPAD (1560 AM; 10 kW; PADUCAH, KY; Owner: BRISTOL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WILY (1210 AM; daytime; 10 kW; CENTRALIA, IL; Owner: W. RUSSELL WITHERS, JR.)
- WKDA (1200 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: RADIO NASHVILLE, INC.)
- WMIX (940 AM; 5 kW; MOUNT VERNON, IL; Owner: WITHERS BROADCASTING CO OF ILLINOIS)
- WNQM (1300 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WNQM. INC.)
- WAMB (1160 AM; 50 kW; DONELSON, TN; Owner: GREAT SOUTHERN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Harrisburg:
- WBVN (104.5 FM; CARRIER MILLS, IL; Owner: KENNETH W. AND JANE A. ANDERSON)
- WEBQ-FM (102.3 FM; ELDORADO, IL; Owner: VISHER-CHOATE II)
- WQRL (106.3 FM; BENTON, IL; Owner: DANA COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WOOZ-FM (99.9 FM; HARRISBURG, IL; Owner: ZIMMER COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WISH-FM (98.9 FM; GALATIA, IL; Owner: GALATIA FM JOINT VENTURE)
- WDDD-FM (107.3 FM; MARION, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCIL-FM (101.5 FM; CARBONDALE, IL; Owner: LYLE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WVZA (92.7 FM; HERRIN, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WQUL (97.7 FM; WEST FRANKFORT, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WRUL (97.3 FM; CARMI, IL; Owner: CARMI BROADCASTING CO.)
TV broadcast stations around Harrisburg:
- WSIL-TV (Channel 3; HARRISBURG, IL; Owner: WSIL-TV, INC.)
- WDKA (Channel 49; PADUCAH, KY; Owner: WDKA ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WPSD-TV (Channel 6; PADUCAH, KY; Owner: WPSD-TV, LLC)
- KFVS-TV (Channel 12; CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; Owner: RAYCOM AMERICA, INC.)
- W15BU (Channel 17; JOHNSTON CITY, IL; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WTCT (Channel 27; MARION, IL; Owner: TRI-STATE CHRISTIAN TV, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 13Number of bridges
- 23m75ftTotal length
- $465,000Total costs
- 47,800Total average daily traffic
- 5,284Total average daily truck traffic
- 43,146Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Harrisburg)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:58 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:18 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Harrisburg, IL)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers:6 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:62 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Harrisburg)
FAA Registered Aircraft:5
- Aircraft: BEECH 58 (Category: Land, Engines: 2, Seats: 6, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 165 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR IO 520 SERIES (285 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 281AR , Serial Number: TH-991, Year manufactured: 1978, Airworthiness Date: 12/11/1978
Registrant (Corporation): Fearheiley Flying Services Inc, 1530 S Mckinley St, Harrisburg, IL 62946
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-28-181 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: LYCOMING O&VO-360 SER (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 3072L , Serial Number: 28-7990264, Year manufactured: 1979, Airworthiness Date: 01/15/1979
Registrant (Individual): Steve R Wright, 1255 Muddy Rd, Harrisburg, IL 62946
- Aircraft: BEECH G35 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 131 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR IO 520 SERIES (285 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 4674D , Serial Number: D-4853, Year manufactured: 1956
Registrant (Corporation): Brantlel Oil & Supply Co, 605 N Cherry Po Box 272, Harrisburg, IL 62946
- Aircraft: CESSNA 152 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: LYCOMING 0-235 SERIES (115 HP) (4 Cycle)
N-Number: 6398P , Serial Number: 15285011, Year manufactured: 1981, Airworthiness Date: 03/24/1981
Registrant (Individual): Carl D Mallady, 101 E College St, Harrisburg, IL 62946
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-24-260 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 135 mph), Engine: LYCOMING TI0-540 SER (310 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 8582P , Serial Number: 24-4039, Year manufactured: 1964, Airworthiness Date: 10/08/1964
Registrant (Individual): Curtis Lee Maddox, 6965 Highway 145 S, Harrisburg, IL 62946
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 32
- Hazardous Condition: 7
- Service Call: 2
- Good Intent Call: 2
Incident types - Harrisburg
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Harrisburg, Illinois:
- Uptown Motel, 605 E Poplar St, Harrisburg, Illinois 62946 , Phone: (618) 253-7022
- Comfort Inn, 100a E Seright St, Harrisburg, Illinois 62946 , Phone: (618) 252-2442
- Super 8, 100 E Seright St, Harrisburg, Illinois 62946 , Phone: (618) 253-8081, Fax: (618) 253-8081
|Most common first names in Harrisburg, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Harrisburg, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (67%)
- Electricity (30%)
- No fuel used (1%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
- Wood (1%)
|Businesses in Harrisburg, IL|
|ALDI||1||Little Caesars Pizza||1|
|Arby's||1||Long John Silver's||1|
|Domino's Pizza||1||SONIC Drive-In||1|
|H&R Block||1||True Value||1|
Harrisburg compared to Illinois state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Harrisburg on our top lists:
- #5 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in short-term care, detention or diagnostic centers for delinquent children (population 1,000+)"
- #68 on the list of "Top 100 cities with lowest ratio of median house value to median household income (pop. 5,000+)"
Total of 4 patent applications in 2008-2016.