We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||49.5 years|
|Maine median age:||43.0 years|
Zip code: 04497
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $17,459 (it was $11,200 in 2000)
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $86,450 (it was $51,100 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $125,039; Detached houses: $133,261; Townhouses or other attached units: $227,405; In 2-unit structures: $202,827; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $29,654; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $218,247; Mobile homes: $46,901; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $121,366
Races in Haynesville, ME (2010)
- 11897.5%White alone
|Maine weather thread (1480 replies)|
|Is the East-West Highway a done deal? (131 replies)|
|Is there high-speed internet service in North Woods? (17 replies)|
|Abandoned Buildings, Asylums, Creepy, Unique, Odd Places?? (38 replies)|
|Municipal Solid Waste: incinerators, landfills, out-of-state waste for profit, PERC, MRC (17 replies)|
|Military Jets? (37 replies)|
Ancestries: English (51.6%), Irish (20.5%), Welsh (19.7%), German (5.7%), French (4.1%), Italian (1.6%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 02/18/1876
Elevation: 392 feet
Land area: 41.0 square miles.
Population density: 3.0 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Haynesville:
- High school or higher: 85.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 20.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 10.6%
- Unemployed: 3.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 38.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Haynesville town:
- Never married: 18.8%
- Now married: 60.4%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 16.7%
- Divorced: 3.1%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Haynesville town:||0.6% ($317)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (186.9 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (287.2 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (454.0 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Orient, ME (2.6 miles) , Weston, ME (2.8 miles ), Bancroft, ME (2.8 miles) , Amity, ME (3.1 miles) , Danforth, ME (3.8 miles ), Hodgdon, ME (4.1 miles ), Linneus, ME (4.1 miles ), Island Falls, ME (4.3 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2003: 1 building, cost: $60,000
- 2004: 1 building, cost: $60,000
- 2006: 1 building, cost: $45,000
- 2007: 1 building, cost: $75,000
- 2008: 2 buildings, average cost: $46,300
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 45.82 N, Longitude: 67.98 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 207
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (43%)
- Public administration (17%)
- Construction (9%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (9%)
- Rail transportation (9%)
- Repair and maintenance (9%)
- Health care (33%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (20%)
- Educational services (13%)
- Construction (10%)
- Personal and laundry services (7%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Fishing and hunting, and forest and logging workers (17%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (17%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (13%)
- Farmers and farm managers (9%)
- Supervisors of construction and extraction workers (9%)
- Other construction workers and helpers (9%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (9%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (17%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (13%)
- Counselors, social workers, and other community and social service specialists (10%)
- Other food preparation and serving workers including supervisors (10%)
- Supervisors and other personal care and service workers except personal appearance, transportation, and child care workers (10%)
- Farmers and farm managers (7%)
- Other financial specialists (7%)
Average climate in Haynesville, Maine
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Haynesville-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Maine state average. It is 94% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/3/2006 at 00:07:38, a magnitude 4.3 (3.8 MB, 3.8 MW, 4.3 LG, Depth: 4.0 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 102.6 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 294.7 miles away from Haynesville center
On 7/14/2006 at 09:34:49, a magnitude 4.0 (3.5 MW, 4.0 LG, Depth: 14.9 mi) earthquake occurred 83.2 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 337.4 miles away from the city center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 239.8 miles away from Haynesville center
On 9/16/1994 at 04:22:42, a magnitude 3.6 (3.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 37.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Aroostook County (21) is a lot greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 12
Emergencies Declared: 9
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 10, Storms: 8, Snows: 7, Heavy Rains: 2, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snowfall: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Haynesville:
- University of Maine (about 73 miles; Orono, ME; Full-time enrollment: 8,931)
- Husson University (about 80 miles; Bangor, ME; FT enrollment: 2,421)
- University of Maine at Farmington (about 133 miles; Farmington, ME; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- University of Maine at Augusta (about 136 miles; Augusta, ME; FT enrollment: 3,204)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (about 185 miles; Standish, ME; FT enrollment: 2,010)
- Southern Maine Community College (about 187 miles; South Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 4,666)
- University of Southern Maine (about 188 miles; Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 6,647)
Church in Haynesville: Haynesville United Baptist Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Tuck Cemetery (1), Karnes Gellerson Cemetery (2), Blaisdell Cemetery (3), Riverside Cemetery (4). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Skagrock Brook (A), West Branch Mattawamkeag River (B), Juniper Brook (C), Merrill Brook (D), East Branch Mattawamkeag River (E), Mill Brook (F), Orr Brook (G), Cold Brook (H), Lake Brook (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2000 was 23.7. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2000 was 22.0. This is about average. Closest monitor was 21.9 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Haynesville town (based on Aroostook County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Aroostook County:||4.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Aroostook County:||2.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Aroostook County:||7.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.02 / 10,000 pop.|
3.21% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($33,766 average adjusted gross income)
0.08% of residents moved from foreign countries ($1,181 average AGI)
Aroostook County: 0.08% Maine average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Penobscot County, ME||0.46% ($28,764 average AGI)|
|from Cumberland County, ME||0.20% ($23,132)|
|from Hartford County, CT||0.09% ($34,920)|
3.74% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,623 average adjusted gross income)
0.11% of residents moved to foreign countries ($830 average AGI)
Aroostook County: 0.11% Maine average: 0.05%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Haynesville:
- WREM (710 AM; daytime; 5 kW; MONTICELLO, ME; Owner: ALLAN H WEINER)
- WFST (600 AM; 5 kW; CARIBOU, ME; Owner: NORTHERN BROADCAST MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WZON (620 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: THE ZONE CORPORATION)
- WEGP (1390 AM; 5 kW; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: DECELLES/SMITH MEDIA, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WABI (910 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WSKW (1160 AM; 10 kW; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN WIRELESS, INCORPORATED)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WSYY (1240 AM; 1 kW; MILLINOCKET, ME; Owner: KATAHDIN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Haynesville:
- WHCF (88.5 FM; BANGOR, ME; Owner: BANGOR BAPTIST CHURCH)
- WHOU-FM (100.1 FM; HOULTON, ME; Owner: COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WVOM (103.9 FM; HOWLAND, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 1Number of bridges
- 7m23ftTotal length
- 230Total average daily traffic
- 18Total average daily truck traffic
- 345Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 1
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (83%)
- Wood (8%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (6%)
- Electricity (4%)
Haynesville compared to Maine state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.