|Median resident age:||36.1 years|
|Wyoming median age:||36.2 years|
Zip code: 82604
|Hells Half Acre:||$68,046|
Hells Half Acre CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $197,030 (it was $89,800 in 2000)
|Hells Half Acre:||$197,030|
- White alone - 5,107 (94.5%)
- Hispanic - 145 (2.7%)
- Two or more races - 73 (1.4%)
- American Indian alone - 49 (0.9%)
- Black alone - 12 (0.2%)
- Asian alone - 9 (0.2%)
- Other race alone - 10 (0.2%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 2 (0.04%)
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Land area: 3411.1 square miles.
Population density: 1.7 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Hells Half Acre:
- High school or higher: 90.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 18.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.7%
- Unemployed: 5.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 19.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Hells Half Acre CCD:
- Never married: 20.1%
- Now married: 65.7%
- Separated: 0.8%
- Widowed: 3.4%
- Divorced: 10.8%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Hells Half Acre CCD:||0.6% ($545)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Cheyenne, WY (165.7 miles , pop. 53,011).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: West Adams, CO (234.7 miles , pop. 259,628).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (707.3 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: Powder River, WY (2.7 miles) , Bessemer Bend, WY (5.0 miles) , Vista West, WY (5.1 miles ), Red Butte, WY (5.3 miles ), Alcova, WY (5.4 miles) , Mills, WY (5.4 miles ), Homa Hills, WY (5.5 miles ), Bar Nunn, WY (5.5 miles ).
Latitude: 42.93 N, Longitude: 106.95 W
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (12%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (9%)
- Repair and maintenance (9%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (7%)
- Machinery, equipment, and supplies merchant wholesalers (6%)
- Metal and metal products (5%)
- Truck transportation (5%)
- Educational services (20%)
- Health care (16%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (7%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (4%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (4%)
- Social assistance (3%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (8%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (7%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (7%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (4%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (3%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (8%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (7%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (7%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (5%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (5%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (5%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
Average climate in Hells Half Acre, Wyoming
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Hells Half Acre-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Wyoming state average. It is 76% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 216.8 miles away from the city center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 352.6 miles away from Hells Half Acre center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 10/18/1984 at 15:30:23, a magnitude 5.5 (5.4 MB, 5.1 MS, 5.5 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 79.6 miles away from the city center
On 6/30/1975 at 18:54:13, a magnitude 6.1 (5.6 MB, 5.9 MS, 6.1 UK, 6.1 ML, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 224.0 miles away from the city center
On 2/3/1994 at 09:05:04, a magnitude 5.8 (5.4 MB, 5.5 MS, 5.8 MW, 5.8 ML, Depth: 4.9 mi) earthquake occurred 203.8 miles away from Hells Half Acre center
On 3/28/1975 at 02:31:05, a magnitude 6.2 (6.1 MB, 6.0 MS, 6.2 ML) earthquake occurred 288.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Natrona County (3) is a lot smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Fires: 2, Flood: 1, Mudslide: 1, Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Hells Half Acre:
- Casper College (about 33 miles; Casper, WY; Full-time enrollment: 2,770)
- Sheridan College (about 127 miles; Sheridan, WY; FT enrollment: 2,070)
- Wyotech-Laramie (about 131 miles; Laramie, WY; FT enrollment: 2,765)
- University of Wyoming (about 133 miles; Laramie, WY; FT enrollment: 10,810)
- Western Wyoming Community College (about 150 miles; Rock Springs, WY; FT enrollment: 2,086)
- Laramie County Community College (about 169 miles; Cheyenne, WY; FT enrollment: 3,288)
- Black Hills State University (about 189 miles; Spearfish, SD; FT enrollment: 3,166)
Notable locations in Hells Half Acre: Lichty Cabin (A), Maple Ranch (B), McClellan Ranch (C), McFarland Ranch (D), Morton Ranch (E), Neff Ranch (F), O'Donnel Ranch (G), Oil City Ranch (H), Oilcan Ranch (I), Old Goose Egg Ranchhouse (J), Old Wolton Ruins (K), One Hundred and Two Ranch (L), Petty Ranch (M), Phillips Ranch (N), Pony Express Station (O), Rate Sheep Camp (P), Red Cabin (Q), Red Ranch (R), Riddle Ranch (S), Rochelle Ranch (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Natrona Memorial Gardens (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Burlington Lake (A), Soda Lake (B), Steamboat Lake (C), McClanahan Lake (D), The Dry Lake (E), Jackson Lake (F), Christine Lake (G), McLaughlin Lake (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Matheson Creek (A), MacNales Creek (B), Fish Creek (C), Sweetwater River (D), Dry Fork (E), Alkali Creek (F), Arkansas Creek (G), Austin Creek (H), Baker Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Hells Half Acre include: Pathfinder National Wildlife Refuge (1), Oregon Trail Historical Marker (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
People in group quarters in Hells Half Acre in 2000:
- 145 people in halfway houses
- 6 people in other group homes
- 2 people in homes for the mentally retarded
Hells Half Acre compared to Wyoming state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (51%)
- Electricity (28%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (14%)
- Wood (6%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Hells Half Acre CCD (based on Natrona County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 43.94%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||Southern Baptist Convention||LDS (Mormon) Church||United Methodist Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America|
|Name||Church of God (Anderson, Indiana)||Episcopal Church||Lutheran Church||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Natrona County:||1.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wyoming:||2.10 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.28 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|Natrona County:||0.28 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wyoming:||0.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|Natrona County:||4.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.66 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||10.08 / 10,000 pop.|
7.02% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($40,948 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Converse County, WY||0.42% ($34,119 average AGI)|
|from Fremont County, WY||0.27% ($35,543)|
|from Albany County, WY||0.27% ($31,679)|
6.49% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($41,589 average adjusted gross income)
0.04% of residents moved to foreign countries ($229 average AGI)
Natrona County: 0.04% Wyoming average: 0.07%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Hells Half Acre:
- KTWO (1030 AM; 50 kW; CASPER, WY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KUYO (830 AM; daytime; 25 kW; EVANSVILLE, WY; Owner: WYOMING CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KKZN (760 AM; 50 kW; THORNTON, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KIMB (1260 AM; 50 kW; KIMBALL, NE; Owner: G & L INVESTMENTS, LLC)
- KOA (850 AM; 50 kW; DENVER, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KALL (700 AM; 50 kW; NORTH SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KKTL (1400 AM; 1 kW; CASPER, WY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KBHB (810 AM; 25 kW; STURGIS, SD; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- KVOC (1230 AM; 1 kW; CASPER, WY; Owner: MOUNT RUSHMORE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KMXA (1090 AM; 50 kW; AURORA, CO; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KLMO (1060 AM; 30 kW; LONGMONT, CO; Owner: PILGRIM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KZMQ (1140 AM; daytime; 10 kW; GREYBULL, WY; Owner: LEGEND COMMUNICATIONS OF WYOMING LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Hells Half Acre:
- K219CA (91.7 FM; CASPER, WY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KMGW (96.7 FM; CASPER, WY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KRVK (107.9 FM; MIDWEST, WY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, INC.)
- KUWC (91.3 FM; CASPER, WY; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF WYOMING)
- K209CS (89.7 FM; CASPER, WY; Owner: PENSACOLA CHRISTIAN COLLEGE, INC.)
- KMLD (94.5 FM; CASPER, WY; Owner: MT. RUSHMORE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KWYY (95.5 FM; CASPER, WY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KASS (106.9 FM; CASPER, WY; Owner: MOUNT RUSHMORE BROADCASTING, INC)
- KCSP-FM (90.3 FM; CASPER, WY; Owner: WESTERN INSPIRATIONAL B/CTERS, INC.)
- KQLT (103.7 FM; CASPER, WY; Owner: MOUNT RUSHMORE BROADCASTING INC.)
- KHOC (102.5 FM; CASPER, WY; Owner: MOUNT RUSHMORE BROADCASTING, INC)
- KTRS-FM (104.7 FM; CASPER, WY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KWYW (99.1 FM; LOST CABIN, WY; Owner: JIMMY RAY CARROLL)
Hells Half Acre on our top lists:
- #22 on the list of "Top 100 cities with largest land areas"
- #78 on the list of "Top 100 highest located cities"
- #4 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents that smoked 100+ cigarettes in their lives"
- #21 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents that had a sunburn in the past 12 months"
- #33 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest increase in the number of deaths per 1000 residents 1990-1999 to 2000-2003 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #59 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for 3rd party candidates in the 2004 Presidential Election, pop. 50,000+"
- #92 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents that exercised in the past month"