Henderson-Spring Hill, Alabama
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||34.4 years|
|Alabama median age:||35.8 years|
Zip code: 36079
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $22,852 (it was $17,062 in 2000)
Henderson-Spring Hill CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $98,396 (it was $50,800 in 2000)
Races in Henderson-Spring Hill, AL (2000)
- 2,02867.6%White alone
- 84528.1%Black alone
- 521.7%American Indian alone
- 341.1%Two or more races
- 10.03%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
- 10.03%Other race alone
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 114.2 square miles.
Population density: 27 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Henderson-Spring Hill:
- High school or higher: 55.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.4%
- Unemployed: 6.9%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Henderson-Spring Hill CCD:
- Never married: 23.9%
- Now married: 59.0%
- Separated: 4.0%
- Widowed: 7.6%
- Divorced: 9.6%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Henderson-Spring Hill CCD:||0.4% ($199)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Dothan, AL (48.2 miles , pop. 57,737).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Montgomery, AL (49.3 miles , pop. 201,568).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Houston, TX (571.8 miles , pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: Goshen, AL (2.5 miles ), Glenwood, AL (3.0 miles) , Jack, AL (3.0 miles ), Troy, AL (3.0 miles ), Goshen-Shady Grove, AL (3.2 miles ), Victoria, AL (3.4 miles ), Brundidge, AL (3.5 miles ), Luverne, AL (3.8 miles ).
Latitude: 31.68 N, Longitude: 86.03 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 334
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (21%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (10%)
- Plastics and rubber products (7%)
- Truck transportation (6%)
- Wood products (6%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Other transportation, and support activities, and couriers (4%)
- Health care (14%)
- Educational services (13%)
- Food and beverage stores (10%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (8%)
- Food (7%)
- Finance and insurance (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (10%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (9%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (6%)
- Farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Engineers (5%)
- Painters and paperhangers (4%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (14%)
- Cashiers (11%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (6%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (5%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (4%)
Average climate in Henderson-Spring Hill, Alabama
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Henderson-Spring Hill-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Alabama state average. It is 45% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/2/1971, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 3.3 miles away from the Henderson-Spring Hill place center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 3/1/2007, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 28.5 miles away from the place center killed 9 people and injured 50 people and caused $250 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Henderson-Spring Hill-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Alabama state average. It is 84% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/24/1997 at 08:35:17, a magnitude 4.9 (4.8 MB, 4.2 MS, 4.9 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 83.1 miles away from the city center
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 139.1 miles away from Henderson-Spring Hill center
On 9/10/2006 at 14:56:08, a magnitude 5.9 (5.9 MB, 5.5 MS, 5.8 MW, Depth: 8.7 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 377.5 miles away from the city center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 195.9 miles away from the city center
On 11/7/2004 at 11:20:21, a magnitude 4.4 (4.4 MB, 4.3 MW, 4.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 130.2 miles away from Henderson-Spring Hill center
On 6/24/1975 at 11:11:36, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 176.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Pike County (13) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 6, Floods: 5, Hurricanes: 5, Tornadoes: 4, Winds: 2, Drought: 1, Snowfall: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Henderson-Spring Hill:
- TROY HEALTH AND REHABILITATION CENTER (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; TROY, AL)
- FMC TROY (Dialysis Facility, about 9 miles away; TROY, AL)
- PIKE COUNTY HOME CARE (Home Health Center, about 9 miles away; TROY, AL)
- LIGHTHOUSE HOSPICE OF ALABAMA, LLC (Hospital, about 10 miles away; TROY, AL)
- LUVERNE HEALTH AND REHABILITATION, LLC (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; LUVERNE, AL)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Henderson-Spring Hill:
- Troy University (about 10 miles; Troy, AL; Full-time enrollment: 16,148)
- Enterprise State Community College (about 29 miles; Enterprise, AL; FT enrollment: 2,101)
- George C Wallace State Community College-Dothan (about 42 miles; Dothan, AL; FT enrollment: 3,611)
- Auburn University at Montgomery (about 49 miles; Montgomery, AL; FT enrollment: 4,092)
- Alabama State University (about 50 miles; Montgomery, AL; FT enrollment: 5,457)
- Faulkner University (about 50 miles; Montgomery, AL; FT enrollment: 2,887)
- Tuskegee University (about 56 miles; Tuskegee, AL; FT enrollment: 2,810)
Notable locations in Henderson-Spring Hill: County Line (A), Camp Sharon Campground (B), Spring Hill Volunteer Fire Department (C), Henderson Volunteer Fire Department (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Henderson-Spring Hill include: New Mount Zion Church (A), Mount Hillard Church (B), Turner Chapel (C), White Rock Church (D), Bethel Church (E), Center Ridge Church (F), Henderson Church (G), Spring Hill Church (H), Elam Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Spears Cemetery (1), Old Salem Cemetery (2), Mount Zion Cemetery (3), Ballard Hill Cemetery (4), Boutwell-Bundy Cemetery (5), Davis Cemetery (6), Henderson Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Mandy Warren Lake (A), Gibson Pond (B), Stewarts Pond (C), Loflins Pond (D), Shaver Pond (E), Whiteheads Pond (F), Pearsons Pond (G), Norris Pond (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Thunder Spring Creek (A), Tenmile Branch (B), Smilies Mill Creek (C), Smart Branch (D), Silers Mill Creek (E), Sanders Creek (F), Parks Branch (G), Dugans Branch (H), Dolton Branch (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2005 was 27.6. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2005 was 23.0. This is about average. Closest monitor was 8.0 miles away from the city center.
Lead (Pb) [µg/m3] level in 2007 was 0.230. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 8.2 miles away from the city center.
|This place:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Henderson-Spring Hill CCD (based on Pike County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Pike County:||2.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|Alabama:||1.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.33 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pike County:||0.66 / 10,000 pop.|
|Alabama:||0.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pike County:||5.30 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
7.11% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($26,193 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Montgomery County, AL||0.62% ($24,645 average AGI)|
|from Houston County, AL||0.51% ($21,235)|
|from Coffee County, AL||0.47% ($26,809)|
7.46% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($26,220 average adjusted gross income)
0.12% of residents moved to foreign countries ($640 average AGI)
Pike County: 0.12% Alabama average: 0.06%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Henderson-Spring Hill:
- WTBF (970 AM; 5 kW; TROY, AL; Owner: TROY BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WQLS (1200 AM; 10 kW; OZARK, AL; Owner: STYLES BROADCASTING OF DOTHAN, INC.)
- WMSP (740 AM; 10 kW; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WASG (550 AM; 25 kW; ATMORE, AL; Owner: 550 AM, INC)
- WJOX (690 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WTKN (1560 AM; daytime; 5 kW; DALEVILLE, AL; Owner: JOSEPH A. ADAMS, SR.)
- WOOF (560 AM; 5 kW; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: WOOF, INC.)
- WELB (1350 AM; 1 kW; ELBA, AL; Owner: ELBA RADIO COMPANY)
- WDJC (850 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WACV (1170 AM; 10 kW; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: MONTGOMERY BROADCAST PROPERTIES, LTD)
- WNSI (810 AM; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, AL; Owner: UNITED BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WGST (640 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WAPI (1070 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Henderson-Spring Hill:
- WAXU (91.1 FM; TROY, AL; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- WQLD (104.3 FM; LUVERNE, AL; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WZHT (105.7 FM; TROY, AL; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WTBF-FM (94.7 FM; BRUNDIDGE, AL; Owner: TROY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WKMX (106.7 FM; ENTERPRISE, AL; Owner: WKMX, INC.)
- WAOQ (100.3 FM; BRANTLEY, AL; Owner: ALATRON CORPORATION, INC.)
- WZTZ (101.1 FM; ELBA, AL; Owner: ELBA RADIO COMPANY)
- WLWI-FM (92.3 FM; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WTSU (89.9 FM; MONTGOMERY-TROY, AL; Owner: TROY STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WAPR (88.3 FM; SELMA, AL; Owner: UA-ASU-TSU EDUCATIONAL RADIO CORP.)
TV broadcast stations around Henderson-Spring Hill:
- WRJM-TV (Channel 67; TROY, AL; Owner: JOSIE PARK BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSFA (Channel 12; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: LIBCO, INC.)
- WCOV-TV (Channel 20; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: WOODS COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WDIQ (Channel 2; DOZIER, AL; Owner: ALABAMA EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION COMMISSION)
- WNCF (Channel 32; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: CHANNEL 32 MONTGOMERY LLC)
- WTVY (Channel 4; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: GRAY MIDAMERICA TV LICENSEE CORP.)
- WAKA (Channel 8; SELMA, AL; Owner: ALABAMA BROADCASTING PARTNERS)
- WGIQ (Channel 43; LOUISVILLE, AL; Owner: ALABAMA EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION COMMISSION)
- WDFX-TV (Channel 34; OZARK, AL; Owner: WAITT LICENSE CO. OF ALABAMA, L.L.C.)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (54%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (31%)
- Utility gas (12%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
- Wood (1%)
- No fuel used (1%)
Henderson-Spring Hill compared to Alabama state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.