We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||50.2 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54634.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $27,228 (it was $17,598 in 2000)
Henrietta town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $156,516 (it was $95,500 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $170,581; Detached houses: $179,014; Townhouses or other attached units: $382,410; In 2-unit structures: $193,238; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $157,889; Mobile homes: $38,973; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $25,898
Races in Henrietta, WI (2010)
- 48097.4%White alone
- 40.8%American Indian alone
- 30.6%Black alone
- 20.4%Asian alone
- 20.4%Other race alone
Ancestries: German (25.9%), Irish (14.4%), English (13.8%), Czech (10.6%), Norwegian (9.4%), United States (9.0%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 35.9 square miles.
Population density: 14 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Henrietta:
- High school or higher: 72.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 15.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.7%
- Unemployed: 1.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 32.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Henrietta town:
- Never married: 20.9%
- Now married: 61.7%
- Separated: 0.8%
- Widowed: 10.1%
- Divorced: 6.5%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Henrietta town:||0.7% ($710)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: La Crosse, WI (47.7 miles , pop. 51,818).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Madison, WI (57.8 miles , pop. 208,054).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (179.2 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Yuba, WI (1.8 miles) , Bloom, WI (2.2 miles ), Rockbridge, WI (2.3 miles ), Willow, WI (2.8 miles ), Woodland, WI (2.9 miles ), Cazenovia, WI (3.0 miles ), Hillsboro, WI (3.2 miles ), Richland, WI (3.3 miles ).
Latitude: 43.51 N, Longitude: 90.38 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 608
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (26%)
- Construction (16%)
- Transportation equipment (7%)
- Computer and electronic products (5%)
- Metal and metal products (5%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (5%)
- Nonmetallic mineral products (3%)
- Health care (15%)
- Electronic shopping and mail-order houses (10%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (8%)
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (8%)
- Electrical equipment, appliances, and components (6%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Farmers and farm managers (24%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (6%)
- Material moving workers except supervisors and laborers and material movers, hand (5%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (4%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (4%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (11%)
- Farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (6%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (6%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
Average climate in Henrietta, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Henrietta-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Wisconsin state average. It is 42% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/11/1965, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 24.0 miles away from the Henrietta town center killed one person and injured 3 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 6/7/1984, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 42.3 miles away from the town center killed 9 people and injured 200 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Henrietta-area historical earthquake activity is above Wisconsin state average. It is 88% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 373.2 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 160.5 miles away from Henrietta center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 349.2 miles away from the city center
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB) earthquake occurred 316.4 miles away from the city center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 132.7 miles away from Henrietta center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 372.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Richland County (15) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 13
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 13, Storms: 13, Tornadoes: 7, Mudslides: 2, Winds: 2, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Henrietta:
- ST JOSEPHS HLTH SVCS Critical Access Hospitals (about 10 miles away; HILLSBORO, WI)
- ST JOSEPHS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (Hospital, about 10 miles away; HILLSBORO, WI)
- SCHMITT WOODLAND HILLS (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; RICHLAND CENTER, WI)
- PINE VALLEY HLTH CARE REHAB (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; RICHLAND CENTER, WI)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Henrietta:
- University of Wisconsin-La Crosse (about 48 miles; La Crosse, WI; Full-time enrollment: 9,837)
- Viterbo University (about 48 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 2,848)
- Western Technical College (about 49 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 3,377)
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville (about 54 miles; Platteville, WI; FT enrollment: 7,679)
- Edgewood College (about 58 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 2,455)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (about 58 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 34,621)
- University of Wisconsin Colleges (about 58 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 10,019)
Notable locations in Henrietta: Beranek Stock and Grain Farm (A), Bridgeway Farm (B), Castle Rock Stock Farm (C), Hart Homestead (D), Edgewood Farm (E), Evergreen Lawn Farm (F), Glen Echo Fruit and Dairy Farm (G), Highview Farm (H), Indian Creek Farm (I), Meehoec Stock and Grain Farm (J), Oakview Farm (K), Pine River Valley Farm (L), Pine River View Farm (M), Pleasant Valley Farm (N), Pleasant Valley Stock Farm (O), Spring Grove Guernsey Farm (P), Sunnyside Farm (Q), Cottage Grove Farm (R), Echo Glen Stock Farm (S), Evergreen Hollow Farm (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Henrietta: Saint Patricks Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Saint Patrick Lutheran Cemetery (1), Soules Creek Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Indian Creek (A), Lebansky Creek (B), Hanzel Creek (C), Grinsell Branch (D), Johnston Creek (E), Soules Creek (F), Melancthon Creek (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Henrietta: Hub City Bog State Natural Area (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 60.0. This is better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2010 was 35.3. This is about average. Closest monitor was 16.4 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.5% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Henrietta town (based on Richland County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Richland County:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Richland County:||0.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||0.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Richland County:||5.51 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
5.42% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($31,333 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Sauk County, WI||0.91% ($31,656 average AGI)|
|from Grant County, WI||0.67% ($22,422)|
|from Vernon County, WI||0.57% ($29,842)|
5.98% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,382 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Henrietta:
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WKTY (580 AM; 5 kW; LA CROSSE, WI; Owner: FAMILY RADIO, INC.)
- WRCO (1450 AM; 1 kW; RICHLAND CENTER, WI; Owner: FRUIT BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WKLJ (1290 AM; 5 kW; SPARTA, WI; Owner: SPARTA-TOMAH BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WRDB (1400 AM; 1 kW; REEDSBURG, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WTSO (1070 AM; 10 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Henrietta:
- WVCX (98.9 FM; TOMAH, WI; Owner: VCY AMERICA, INC.)
- WOLX-FM (94.9 FM; BARABOO, WI; Owner: ENTERCOM MADISON LICENSE, LLC.)
- WRJC-FM (92.1 FM; MAUSTON, WI; Owner: WRJC, INCORPORATED)
- WRCO-FM (100.9 FM; RICHLAND CENTER, WI; Owner: FRUIT BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WNFM (104.9 FM; REEDSBURG, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WBDL (102.9 FM; REEDSBURG, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WXYM (96.1 FM; TOMAH, WI; Owner: MAGNUM RADIO, INC.)
- WBOG (94.5 FM; TOMAH, WI; Owner: MAGNUM RADIO, INC.)
- WHHI (91.3 FM; HIGHLAND, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
TV broadcast stations around Henrietta:
- WDLS-LP (Channel 35; TOMAH, WI; Owner: MAGNUM RADIO, INC.)
- WISC-TV (Channel 3; MADISON, WI; Owner: TELEVISION WISCONSIN, INC.)
- WMSN-TV (Channel 47; MADISON, WI; Owner: WMSN LICENSEE, LLC)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 30Number of bridges
- 54m177ftTotal length
- 20,706Total average daily traffic
- 2,175Total average daily truck traffic
- 22,813Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (64%)
- Wood (25%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (10%)
- Electricity (1%)
Henrietta compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.