Herrin: Catholic Church on West Cherry St.
Herrin: a section of Main St. in Herrin
Herrin: Herrin Hospital on just off main st.
Herrin: A view down one of the main streets.
Herrin: VFW just off of Main St.
Herrin: City Hall on Main St.
Herrin: Methodist Church in the neighborhood
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||36.9 years|
|Illinois median age:||37.2 years|
Zip codes: 62948.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $22,273 (it was $16,782 in 2000)
Herrin city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $85,352 (it was $48,300 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $549.
Races in Herrin, IL (2010)
- 11,54192.3%White alone
- 3112.5%Black alone
- 2241.8%Two or more races
- 1261.0%Asian alone
- 200.2%American Indian alone
- 130.1%Other race alone
- 20.02%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
|Retiring next year & Marion, IL is high on my list to move to (28 replies)|
|Moving to Carbondale IL from SC (27 replies)|
|Southern Illinois Banks? (9 replies)|
|Southern Illinois (115 replies)|
|Marion, IL - Info Please (30 replies)|
|Potential move to Carbondale.. info appreciated :) (29 replies)|
Latest news from Herrin, IL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (24.3%), English (12.2%), Irish (11.1%), United States (10.6%), Italian (6.9%), Dutch (2.6%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 05/03/1898
Elevation: 430 feet
Land area: 8.20 square miles.
Population density: 1,565 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Herrin:
- High school or higher: 91.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 23.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.0%
- Unemployed: 5.9%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 19.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Herrin city:
- Never married: 24.9%
- Now married: 51.0%
- Separated: 1.9%
- Widowed: 8.3%
- Divorced: 14.0%
77 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Illinois and other state lists there were 23 registered sex offenders living in Herrin, Illinois as of August 01, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Herrin to the number of sex offenders is 552 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,568 (1.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $962 (1.4%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Evansville, IN (81.6 miles , pop. 121,582).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Louis, MO (87.3 miles , pop. 348,189).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (288.3 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Energy, IL (1.4 miles ), Colp, IL (1.7 miles ), Carterville, IL (2.0 miles ), Crainville, IL (2.1 miles ), Freeman Spur, IL (2.1 miles ), Cambria, IL (2.3 miles ), Johnston City, IL (2.4 miles ), Whiteash, IL (2.4 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 42 buildings, average cost: $77,700
- 1998: 11 buildings, average cost: $90,600
- 1999: 46 buildings, average cost: $89,200
- 2000: 48 buildings, average cost: $105,800
- 2001: 44 buildings, average cost: $91,800
- 2002: 37 buildings, average cost: $32,100
- 2003: 53 buildings, average cost: $115,400
- 2004: 112 buildings, average cost: $96,500
- 2005: 59 buildings, average cost: $130,700
- 2006: 98 buildings, average cost: $103,800
- 2007: 118 buildings, average cost: $90,000
- 2008: 20 buildings, average cost: $165,200
- 2009: 33 buildings, average cost: $131,100
- 2010: 28 buildings, average cost: $114,800
- 2011: 22 buildings, average cost: $149,600
- 2012: 78 buildings, average cost: $155,100
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 37.80 N, Longitude: 89.03 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: -774 (-6.1%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,660 (29.8%)
Area code: 618
|Crime rates in Herrin by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 294.7)||223.1||264.8||263.3||258.9||295.9||285.7||283.3||307.7||569.7||687.4||626.9||464.2||217.6|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Herrin detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.41|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +228 (+2.1%).
- Manufacturing (12%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Retail trade (11%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (10%)
- Public administration (9%)
- Health care and social assistance (8%)
- Transportation and warehousing (8%)
- Health care and social assistance (32%)
- Educational services (16%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Manufacturing (6%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (14%)
- Sales and related occupations (11%)
- Transportation occupations (9%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (9%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (9%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (8%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (7%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (23%)
- Sales and related occupations (9%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (9%)
- Healthcare support occupations (8%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (8%)
- Management occupations (6%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (5%)
Average climate in Herrin, Illinois
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Herrin-area historical tornado activity is near Illinois state average. It is 81% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 12/18/1957, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 21.6 miles away from the Herrin city center killed one person and injured 6 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 12/18/1957, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 5.4 miles away from the city center killed 11 people and injured 200 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Herrin-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Illinois state average. It is 74% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 76.7 miles away from the city center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 52.0 miles away from Herrin center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 69.3 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 93.9 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 96.2 miles away from Herrin center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 79.4 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Williamson County (5) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 3, Floods: 2, Tornadoes: 2, Hurricane: 1, Snow: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Steve Fisher - College basketball coach, Lou Scoffic - Major League Baseball outfielder, Ron Acks - Football player.
Medal of Honor Recipients
Medal of Honor Recipient born in Herrin: Joseph William Ozbourn.
Hospitals and medical centers in Herrin:
- CHESTNUT MANOR (1404 SOUTH 14TH STREET)
- HERRIN HOSPITAL (Voluntary non-profit - Private, provides emergency services, 201 S 14TH ST)
- INDEPENDENCE PLACE (1705 SOUTH PARK AVENUE)
- TIP HOSPICE PROGRAM (308 SOUTH 13TH ST)
- HERRIN REHAB AND NURSING CENTER (1900 NORTH PARK AVENUE)
- PARK AVENUE HEALTH CARE HOME (1701 SOUTH PARK AVE,)
- SHAWNEE CHRISTIAN NURSING CTR (1901 13TH STREET)
Heliports located in Herrin:
Amtrak stations near Herrin:
- 12 miles: CARBONDALE (401 S. ILLINOIS AVE.) . Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
- 19 miles: DU QUOIN (20 N. CHESTNUT ST.) . Services: enclosed waiting area, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Herrin:
- John A Logan College (about 6 miles; Carterville, IL; Full-time enrollment: 3,995)
- Southern Illinois University-Carbondale (about 12 miles; Carbondale, IL; FT enrollment: 14,539)
- Rend Lake College (about 24 miles; Ina, IL; FT enrollment: 2,778)
- Southeast Missouri State University (about 44 miles; Cape Girardeau, MO; FT enrollment: 9,678)
- Kaskaskia College (about 54 miles; Centralia, IL; FT enrollment: 3,867)
- West Kentucky Community and Technical College (about 56 miles; Paducah, KY; FT enrollment: 4,107)
- Southwestern Illinois College (about 70 miles; Belleville, IL; FT enrollment: 9,085)
Public high schools in Herrin:
Public elementary/middle schools in Herrin:
Private elementary/middle school in Herrin:
Notable locations in Herrin: Herrin Waterworks (A), Herrin City Hall (B), Herrin City Library (C), Williamson County Ambulance Service (D), Williamson County Fire Protection District Station 6 (E), Herrin Fire Department (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Herrin include: Adams Street Baptist Church (A), Bryan Street Baptist Church (B), Church of God (C), Church of the Nazarene (D), First Apostolic Church (E), First Baptist Church (F), First Christian Church (G), First Pentecostal Church (H), First Presbyterian Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Herrin Cemetery (1), San Carlo Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoir: Herrin Reservoir (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attraction: Harrison House (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 1104 Weaver Road).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 26.7. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2010 was 24.2. This is about average. Closest monitor was 11.3 miles away from the city center.
(14.4% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 27.8% for Black residents, 44.4% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for American Indian residents, 18.4% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
People in group quarters in Herrin in 2010:
- 165 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 15 people in emergency and transitional shelters (with sleeping facilities) for people experiencing homelessness
- 11 people in other noninstitutional facilities
People in group quarters in Herrin in 2000:
- 254 people in nursing homes
- 71 people in orthopedic wards and institutions for the physically handicapped
- 25 people in homes for the mentally retarded
- 16 people in other group homes
- 3 people in other nonhousehold living situations
- 3 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 2 people in religious group quarters
Herrin compared to Illinois state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
Banks with branches in Herrin (2011 data):
- Herrin Security Bank: at 114 West Monroe Street, branch established on 1957/08/12. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $107.0 mil, Deposits: $94.7 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Mortgage Lending Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Security Bancorp, Inc.
- Banterra Bank: Herrin/South Park Branch at 318 South Park Avenue, branch established on 1949/11/17. Info updated 2011/09/01: Bank assets: $1,103.3 mil, Deposits: $959.2 mil, headquarters in Marion, IL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 31 total offices, Holding Company: Banterra Corp
- The Bank of Herrin: The Bank Of Herrin at 101 South Park Avenue, branch established on 1904/04/12. Info updated 2010/07/13: Bank assets: $243.0 mil, Deposits: $220.1 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: Fgh Bancorp, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (52%)
- Electricity (47%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Herrin city (based on Williamson County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Williamson County:||2.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|Williamson County:||0.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||0.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Williamson County:||4.52 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2013)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||12||$55,155||$55,155||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||14||$81,144||$69,552||4||$9,338|
|Police - Other||6||$24,281||$48,562||5||$3,593|
|Streets and Highways||12||$42,615||$42,615||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||76||$347,389||$54,851||16||$23,236|
Herrin government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Libraries: $981,000 ($76.41)
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $1,420,000 ($110.61)
Police Protection: $1,144,000 ($89.11)
Central Staff Services: $1,109,000 ($86.38)
Libraries: $1,109,000 ($86.38)
Regular Highways: $842,000 ($65.59)
Fire Protection: $727,000 ($56.63)
Sewerage: $401,000 ($31.24)
Solid Waste Management: $212,000 ($16.51)
General - Other: $154,000 ($12.00)
- Employee Retirement - Total Cash & Deposits: $485,000 ($37.78)
Benefit Payments: $154,000 ($12.00)
Withdrawals: $30,000 ($2.34)
- General - Interest on Debt: $158,000 ($12.31)
- Other Capital Outlay - Water Utilities: $709,000 ($55.23)
Police Protection: $297,000 ($23.13)
Sewerage: $47,000 ($3.66)
Regular Highways: $7,000 ($0.55)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $3,009,000 ($234.38)
- Transit Utilities - Interest on Debt: $9,000 ($0.70)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $21,000 ($1.64)
Herrin government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $686,000 ($53.44)
Solid Waste Management: $324,000 ($25.24)
All Other: $27,000 ($2.10)
- Employee Retirement - Interest Revenue: $429,000 ($33.42)
From Local Government: $106,000 ($8.26)
Local Employee Contribution: $61,000 ($4.75)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $667,000 ($51.96)
Interest Earnings: $84,000 ($6.54)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $1,685,000 ($131.25)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $2,113,000 ($164.59)
Highways: $343,000 ($26.72)
All Other: $141,000 ($10.98)
Public Welfare: $40,000 ($3.12)
- Tax - Property: $884,000 ($68.86)
NEC: $139,000 ($10.83)
Herrin government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $350,000 ($27.26)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $4,191,000 ($326.45)
- Long Term Debt Issue, Unspecified - Other NEC: $500,000 ($38.95)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $640,000 ($49.85)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $2,176,000 ($169.50)
Water Utilities: $310,000 ($24.15)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $1,875,000 ($146.05)
Water Utilities: $40,000 ($3.12)
Herrin government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $2,057,000 ($160.23)
6.11% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($36,238 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Jackson County, IL||1.13% ($27,864 average AGI)|
|from Franklin County, IL||0.80% ($32,411)|
|from Johnson County, IL||0.31% ($34,026)|
5.69% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($33,148 average adjusted gross income)
0.04% of residents moved to foreign countries ($384 average AGI)
Williamson County: 0.04% Illinois average: 0.07%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Herrin:
- WDDD (810 AM; 10 kW; JOHNSTON CITY, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WJPF (1340 AM; 1 kW; HERRIN, IL; Owner: ZRG OF ILLINOIS, INC.)
- WGGH (1150 AM; 5 kW; MARION, IL)
- WFRX (1300 AM; 1 kW; WEST FRANKFORT, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- KMOX (1120 AM; 50 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCIL (1020 AM; daytime; 1 kW; CARBONDALE, IL; Owner: LYLE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WILY (1210 AM; daytime; 10 kW; CENTRALIA, IL; Owner: W. RUSSELL WITHERS, JR.)
- WMIX (940 AM; 5 kW; MOUNT VERNON, IL; Owner: WITHERS BROADCASTING CO OF ILLINOIS)
- WSDZ (1260 AM; 20 kW; BELLEVILLE, IL)
- KZIM (960 AM; 5 kW; CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; Owner: ZIMMER RADIO OF MID-MISSOURI, INC)
- WINI (1420 AM; 1 kW; MURPHYSBORO, IL; Owner: RADIO STATION WINI)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Herrin:
- WDDD-FM (107.3 FM; MARION, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WVZA (92.7 FM; HERRIN, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WQUL (97.7 FM; WEST FRANKFORT, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCIL-FM (101.5 FM; CARBONDALE, IL; Owner: LYLE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WAWJ (90.1 FM; MARION, IL; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- WXLT (103.5 FM; CHRISTOPHER, IL; Owner: ZRG OF ILLINOIS, INC.)
- WOOZ-FM (99.9 FM; HARRISBURG, IL; Owner: ZIMMER COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WUEZ (95.1 FM; CARTERVILLE, IL; Owner: ZRG OF ILLINOIS, INC.)
- WSIU (91.9 FM; CARBONDALE, IL; Owner: SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY)
- WQRL (106.3 FM; BENTON, IL; Owner: DANA COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WTAO-FM (105.1 FM; MURPHYSBORO, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KEZS-FM (102.9 FM; CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; Owner: ZIMMER BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KGMO (100.7 FM; CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; Owner: W. RUSSELL WITHERS, JR.)
- WISH-FM (98.9 FM; GALATIA, IL; Owner: GALATIA FM JOINT VENTURE)
- WXAN (103.9 FM; AVA, IL; Owner: HAROLD L. LAWDER)
- WKIB (96.5 FM; ANNA, IL; Owner: W. RUSSELL WITHERS)
- WDQN-FM (95.9 FM; DUQUOIN, IL; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WBVN (104.5 FM; CARRIER MILLS, IL; Owner: KENNETH W. AND JANE A. ANDERSON)
- WDBX (91.1 FM; CARBONDALE, IL; Owner: HETERODYNE BROADCASTING COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around Herrin:
- W15BU (Channel 17; JOHNSTON CITY, IL; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WSIL-TV (Channel 3; HARRISBURG, IL; Owner: WSIL-TV, INC.)
- WDKA (Channel 49; PADUCAH, KY; Owner: WDKA ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- KFVS-TV (Channel 12; CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; Owner: RAYCOM AMERICA, INC.)
- WSIU-TV (Channel 8; CARBONDALE, IL; Owner: BOARD OF TRUSTEES SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY)
- KBSI (Channel 23; CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; Owner: KBSI LICENSEE L.P.)
- WPSD-TV (Channel 6; PADUCAH, KY; Owner: WPSD-TV, LLC)
- WTCT (Channel 27; MARION, IL; Owner: TRI-STATE CHRISTIAN TV, INC.)
- W10AH (Channel 10; CARBONDALE, IL; Owner: WPSD-TV, LLC)
Fatal accident count (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 1Number of bridges
- 0mTotal length
- 8,900Total average daily traffic
- 445Total average daily truck traffic
- 10,173Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:26 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers in Herrin)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:13 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Herrin, IL)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers:3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:59 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Herrin)
FAA Registered Aircraft:3
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-32-300 (Category: Land, Seats: 6, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 126 mph), Engine: LYCOMING TI0-540 SER (310 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 1541X , Serial Number: 32-7540171, Year manufactured: 1975, Airworthiness Date: 06/30/1975
Registrant (Co-Owned): Marshall A Sheffer, 114 S Park Ave, Herrin, IL 62948, Other Owners: Knute Connell, Randall A Youngblood
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-24-260 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 135 mph), Engine: LYCOMING TI0-540 SER (310 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 8582P , Serial Number: 24-4039, Year manufactured: 1964, Airworthiness Date: 10/08/1964
Registrant (Co-Owned): William K Iii Harryman, 25 Deer Run, Herrin, IL 62948, Other Owners: Susan S Harryman
- Aircraft: CESSNA 172 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR 0-300 SER (145 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 9129B , Serial Number: 36729, Year manufactured: 1958, Airworthiness Date: 03/26/1958
Registrant (Individual): Robert F Gonsowski, 409 Woodvale Ln, Herrin, IL 62948
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 56
- Hazardous Condition: 28
- Service Call: 1
- Good Intent Call: 1
Incident types - Herrin
|Most common first names in Herrin, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Herrin, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Herrin, IL|
|Chevrolet||1||Little Caesars Pizza||1|
|Circle K||1||MasterBrand Cabinets||1|
|Dairy Queen||1||New Balance||1|
|Domino's Pizza||1||Pizza Hut||1|
|Jones New York||1||Walgreens||1|
Herrin on our top lists:
- #9 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in orthopedic wards and institutions for the physically handicapped"
- #16 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Electrical equipment, appliances, and components (population 5,000+)"
- #36 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Sales and related occupations: (population 5,000+)"
- #58 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Social assistance (population 5,000+)"
- #59 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Electrical equipment, appliances, and components"
- #63 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Other healthcare support occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #70 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest number of deaths per 1000 residents 2000-2003 (pop. 50,000+)"
Total of 19 patent applications in 2008-2015.