We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||45.3 years|
|Maine median age:||43.0 years|
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $14,692 (it was $9,425 in 2000)
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $49,569 (it was $29,300 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $125,039; Detached houses: $133,261; Townhouses or other attached units: $227,405; In 2-unit structures: $202,827; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $29,654; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $218,247; Mobile homes: $46,901; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $121,366
|Pembroke, ME (24 replies)|
|Probally been asked before, but Northwest maine seems a whole lot of nothing with high wages... (20 replies)|
|How many trick or treaters? (10 replies)|
|Moving to Maine need help! (58 replies)|
|Optometrist Recommendation (6 replies)|
Latest news from Hersey, ME collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Irish (44.4%), English (25.4%), French (20.6%), German (12.7%), Scotch-Irish (9.5%), Scottish (7.9%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 01/25/1873
Elevation: 793 feet
Land area: 39.8 square miles.
Population density: 2.1 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Hersey:
- High school or higher: 81.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 0.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 31.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Hersey town:
- Never married: 0.0%
- Now married: 89.8%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 4.1%
- Divorced: 6.1%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Hersey town:||1.3% ($388)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (191.2 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (292.8 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (455.0 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Mount Chase, ME (2.6 miles ), Crystal, ME (2.6 miles ), Patten, ME (2.7 miles ), Island Falls, ME (2.8 miles ), Dyer Brook, ME (2.9 miles) , Merrill, ME (3.0 miles ), Oakfield, ME (3.5 miles ), Sherman, ME (3.6 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2003: 1 building, cost: $45,000
- 2004: 1 building, cost: $45,000
Latitude: 46.08 N, Longitude: 68.38 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 207
Unemployment by year (%)
Average climate in Hersey, Maine
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Hersey-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Maine state average. It is 94% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 282.1 miles away from the city center
On 10/3/2006 at 00:07:38, a magnitude 4.3 (3.8 MB, 3.8 MW, 4.3 LG, Depth: 4.0 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 120.9 miles away from Hersey center
On 7/14/2006 at 09:34:49, a magnitude 4.0 (3.5 MW, 4.0 LG, Depth: 14.9 mi) earthquake occurred 59.8 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 326.4 miles away from the city center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 238.5 miles away from Hersey center
On 9/16/1994 at 04:22:42, a magnitude 3.6 (3.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 54.4 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Aroostook County (21) is a lot greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 12
Emergencies Declared: 9
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 10, Storms: 8, Snows: 7, Heavy Rains: 2, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snowfall: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Hersey:
- University of Maine (about 84 miles; Orono, ME; Full-time enrollment: 8,931)
- Husson University (about 90 miles; Bangor, ME; FT enrollment: 2,421)
- University of Maine at Farmington (about 131 miles; Farmington, ME; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- University of Maine at Augusta (about 140 miles; Augusta, ME; FT enrollment: 3,204)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (about 187 miles; Standish, ME; FT enrollment: 2,010)
- Southern Maine Community College (about 192 miles; South Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 4,666)
- University of Southern Maine (about 192 miles; Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 6,647)
Cemetery: Hersey Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lake: Crystal Lake (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Seams Brook (A), Mill Brook (B), Houston Brook (C), Hale Brook (D), Bragg Brook (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Hersey town (based on Aroostook County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Aroostook County:||4.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Aroostook County:||2.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Aroostook County:||7.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.02 / 10,000 pop.|
3.21% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($33,766 average adjusted gross income)
0.08% of residents moved from foreign countries ($1,181 average AGI)
Aroostook County: 0.08% Maine average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Penobscot County, ME||0.46% ($28,764 average AGI)|
|from Cumberland County, ME||0.20% ($23,132)|
|from Hartford County, CT||0.09% ($34,920)|
3.74% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,623 average adjusted gross income)
0.11% of residents moved to foreign countries ($830 average AGI)
Aroostook County: 0.11% Maine average: 0.05%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Hersey:
- WREM (710 AM; daytime; 5 kW; MONTICELLO, ME; Owner: ALLAN H WEINER)
- WFST (600 AM; 5 kW; CARIBOU, ME; Owner: NORTHERN BROADCAST MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WEGP (1390 AM; 5 kW; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: DECELLES/SMITH MEDIA, INC.)
- WZON (620 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: THE ZONE CORPORATION)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WSYY (1240 AM; 1 kW; MILLINOCKET, ME; Owner: KATAHDIN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSKW (1160 AM; 10 kW; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN WIRELESS, INCORPORATED)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WABI (910 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Hersey:
- WHOU-FM (100.1 FM; HOULTON, ME; Owner: COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WQHR (96.1 FM; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WOZI (101.9 FM; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBPW (96.9 FM; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WMEM (106.1 FM; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WSYY-FM (94.9 FM; MILLINOCKET, ME; Owner: KATAHDIN COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
FAA Registered Aircraft:1
- Aircraft: AEROS LTD SKYRANGER 2000 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: ROTAX 912S (100 HP) (4 Cycle)
N-Number: 17KL , Serial Number: SKR0207204, Year manufactured: 2004, Airworthiness Date: 01/05/2008
Registrant (Individual): Kenneth C Libby, 177 Townline Rd, Hersey, ME 04780
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (86%)
- Wood (14%)
Hersey compared to Maine state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Total of 2 patent applications in 2008-2018.