|Median resident age:||38.4 years|
|Tennessee median age:||35.9 years|
Zip code: 38570
Hilham CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $93,877 (it was $72,800 in 2000)
- White alone - 1,922 (99.2%)
- Two or more races - 8 (0.4%)
- Hispanic - 3 (0.2%)
- American Indian alone - 2 (0.1%)
- Asian alone - 2 (0.1%)
- Black alone - 1 (0.05%)
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 1094 feet
Land area: 52.7 square miles.
Population density: 38 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Hilham:
- High school or higher: 55.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 4.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.9%
- Unemployed: 5.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 29.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Hilham CCD:
- Never married: 17.3%
- Now married: 60.7%
- Separated: 2.1%
- Widowed: 9.2%
- Divorced: 12.8%
According to our research of Tennessee and other state lists there were 3 registered sex offenders living in Hilham, Tennessee as of March 03, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Hilham to the number of sex offenders is 671 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Hilham CCD:||0.4% ($257)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Murfreesboro, TN (65.3 miles , pop. 68,816).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Nashville-Davidson, TN (75.8 miles , pop. 545,524).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (395.3 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Livingston, TN (2.5 miles ), Burristown, TN (2.7 miles ), Dodson Branch, TN (2.8 miles ), Rickman, TN (2.8 miles ), Allons, TN (2.9 miles ), Celina, TN (3.3 miles ), Gainesboro, TN (3.5 miles ), Alpine, TN (3.7 miles ).
Latitude: 36.40 N, Longitude: 85.44 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 931
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (14%)
- Furniture and related product manufacturing (13%)
- Transportation equipment (9%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Food and beverage stores (5%)
- Repair and maintenance (3%)
- Furniture and related product manufacturing (13%)
- Health care (12%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Transportation equipment (7%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Used merchandise, gift, novelty, and souvenir, and other miscellaneous stores (6%)
- Apparel (6%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (11%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (10%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (8%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (7%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (6%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (6%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (5%)
- Textile, apparel, and furnishings workers (13%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (7%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (7%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Health technologists and technicians (6%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (4%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (4%)
Average climate in Hilham, Tennessee
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hilham-area historical tornado activity is near Tennessee state average. It is 44% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/3/1974, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 17.9 miles away from the Hilham place center killed 10 people and injured 113 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 4/3/1974, a category F4 tornado 19.8 miles away from the place center killed 10 people and injured 51 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Hilham-area historical earthquake activity is near Tennessee state average. It is 77% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 149.6 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 195.8 miles away from Hilham center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 132.0 miles away from the city center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML) earthquake occurred 92.1 miles away from the city center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 169.7 miles away from Hilham center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 214.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Overton County (11) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 7, Storms: 7, Winter Storms: 2, Flash Flood: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snowfall: 1, Tornado: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Hilham:
- OVERTON COUNTY NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 6 miles away; LIVINGSTON, TN)
- LIVINGSTON REGIONAL HOSPITAL Acute Care Hospitals (about 7 miles away; LIVINGSTON, TN)
- LIVINGSTON TN DIALYSIS (Dialysis Facility, about 7 miles away; LIVINGSTON, TN)
- AMEDISYS (Home Health Center, about 7 miles away; LIVINGSTON, TN)
- COLUMBIA HOMECARE HOSPICE (Hospital, about 7 miles away; LIVINGSTON, TN)
- CUMBERLAND RIVER HOSPITAL Acute Care Hospitals (about 11 miles away; CELINA, TN)
- CELINA HEALTH AND REHABILITATION CENTER (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; CELINA, TN)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Hilham:
- Tennessee Technological University (about 16 miles; Cookeville, TN; Full-time enrollment: 9,761)
- Lindsey Wilson College (about 50 miles; Columbia, KY; FT enrollment: 2,552)
- Roane State Community College (about 58 miles; Harriman, TN; FT enrollment: 4,302)
- Volunteer State Community College (about 60 miles; Gallatin, TN; FT enrollment: 5,311)
- Middle Tennessee State University (about 65 miles; Murfreesboro, TN; FT enrollment: 21,628)
- Somerset Community College (about 65 miles; Somerset, KY; FT enrollment: 4,698)
- Campbellsville University (about 66 miles; Campbellsville, KY; FT enrollment: 2,948)
Public elementary/middle school in Hilham:
- Hilham Elementary School (Students: 259; Location: 2305 Hilham Highway; Grades: K-8)
Notable locations in Hilham: Hilham Volunteer Fire Department (A), Tennessee Department of Agriculture Division of Forestry Standing Stone (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Hilham include: Flat Creek Church (A), Fredonia Church (B), Allens Chapel (C), Aarons Chapel (D), Old Union Church (E), Camp Ground Church (F), Mount Gilead Church (G), Mawell Chapel (H), Hilham United Methodist Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Fisk Cemetery (1), Gore-Poston Family Cemetery (2), Johnie Humpy Brown Cemetery (3), Hawkins Family Cemetery (4), Old Union Cemetery (5), Mount Gilead Cemetery (6), Hilham Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoir: Standingstone Lake (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Lick Branch (A), Jackson Branch (B), Bryans Fork (C), Honey Branch (D), Flat Creek (E), Dry Hollow Branch (F), Buffalo Branch (G), Nalier Branch (H), Morgan Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Hilham: Standing Stone State Forest (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 39.4. This is significantly better than average.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2007 was 2.13. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 13.4 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2007 was 1.72. This is about average. Closest monitor was 13.4 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2007 was 44.0. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 13.4 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 8.63. This is about average. Closest monitor was 14.9 miles away from the city center.
|This place:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.1% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Hilham compared to Tennessee state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (47%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (35%)
- Wood (9%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (5%)
- Utility gas (2%)
- Other fuel (2%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Hilham CCD (based on Overton County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 47.19%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||Churches of Christ||Independent Free Will Baptists Associations||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)|
|Name||Assemblies of God||Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee)||Church of God of Prophecy||National Association of Free Will Baptists||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Overton County:||3.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tennessee:||1.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|Overton County:||6.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.30 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.56 / 10,000 pop.|
5.63% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($29,700 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Putnam County, TN||2.02% ($25,432 average AGI)|
|from Clay County, TN||0.38% ($25,679)|
|from Jackson County, TN||0.27% ($18,850)|
5.28% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($22,645 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Hilham:
- WLIV (920 AM; 1 kW; LIVINGSTON, TN; Owner: SUNNY BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WAMB (1160 AM; 50 kW; DONELSON, TN; Owner: GREAT SOUTHERN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WKVL (850 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: HORNE RADIO, LLC)
- WATX (1590 AM; 2 kW; ALGOOD, TN; Owner: JWC BROADCASTING)
- WWAM (820 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JASPER, TN; Owner: SHELTON BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
- WKDA (1200 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: RADIO NASHVILLE, INC.)
- WLAC (1510 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WNQM (1300 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WNQM. INC.)
- WFLI (1070 AM; 50 kW; LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN, TN; Owner: WFLI, INC.)
- WPTN (780 AM; daytime; 1 kW; COOKEVILLE, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WHUB (1400 AM; 1 kW; COOKEVILLE, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Hilham:
- WLQK (95.9 FM; LIVINGSTON, TN; Owner: JWC BROADCASTING)
- WBXE (93.7 FM; BAXTER, TN; Owner: JWC BROADCASTING)
- WGSQ (94.7 FM; COOKEVILLE, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WLIV-FM (104.7 FM; MONTEREY, TN; Owner: WKXN INC)
- WWOG (90.9 FM; COOKEVILLE, TN; Owner: SOMERSET EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- WKXD-FM (106.9 FM; MONTEREY, TN; Owner: JWC BROADCASTING)
- WGIC (98.5 FM; COOKEVILLE, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WVFB (101.5 FM; CELINA, TN; Owner: ELIZABETH BERNICE WHITTIMORE)
- W206AJ (89.1 FM; COOKEVILLE, TN; Owner: WAY-FM MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WHRS (91.7 FM; COOKEVILLE, TN; Owner: NASHVILLE PUBLIC RADIO)
- WKWY (102.7 FM; TOMPKINSVILLE, KY; Owner: J.K. WHITTIMORE)
- WOWF (102.5 FM; CROSSVILLE, TN; Owner: PEG BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WMKW (89.3 FM; CROSSVILLE, TN; Owner: THE MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO)
- WCLC-FM (105.1 FM; JAMESTOWN, TN; Owner: BIBLE BELIEVERS NETWORK, INC.)
- WDEB-FM (103.9 FM; JAMESTOWN, TN; Owner: BAZ BROADCASTING, INC.)
- W282AG (104.3 FM; LIVINGSTON, TN; Owner: SUNNY BROADCASTING, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Hilham:
- WCTE (Channel 22; COOKEVILLE, TN; Owner: UPPER CUMBERLAND BROADCAST COUNCIL)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:1
- Lottie L Thompson, 429 Timothy Road (275240) (Lat: 36.491639 Lon: -85.409500), Type: 80.8, Overall height: 76.2 m
Registrant: 7819267122, Atcfaa-Fccsoutheast@americantower.Com, 10 PRESIDENTIAL WAY
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Hilham)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 31
Total of 2 patent applications in 2008-2015.