We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||38.4 years|
|Georgia median age:||33.4 years|
Zip code: 31064
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $24,754 (it was $22,237 in 2000)
Hillsboro CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $90,793 (it was $62,700 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $174,280; Detached houses: $186,041; Mobile homes: $77,557
Races in Hillsboro, GA (2000)
- 42765.3%White alone
- 22133.8%Black alone
- 20.3%Other race alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- The revenues and net sales of Samsonite Apr 21
- Crowfunding is a fast-increasing market Apr 19
- The number of jobs in Construction is falling across the U.S. Apr 17
- Higher local employment numbers lead to higher payrolls, especially in finance Apr 15
- Administrative services employment in the South has fallen Apr 13
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 640 feet
Land area: 93.6 square miles.
Population density: 8.3 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Hillsboro:
- High school or higher: 75.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.9%
- Unemployed: 5.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 36.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Hillsboro CCD:
- Never married: 30.9%
- Now married: 49.0%
- Separated: 3.4%
- Widowed: 10.8%
- Divorced: 9.3%
According to our research of Georgia and other state lists there were 3 registered sex offenders living in Hillsboro, Georgia as of April 22, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Hillsboro to the number of sex offenders is 259 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Hillsboro CCD:||0.7% ($418)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Macon, GA (24.8 miles , pop. 97,255).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Atlanta, GA (56.1 miles , pop. 416,474).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (636.5 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Monticello, GA (2.8 miles ), Round Oak, GA (3.0 miles ), Flovilla, GA (3.4 miles ), Eudora, GA (3.9 miles ), Jackson, GA (4.0 miles ), Shady Dale, GA (4.0 miles ), Gray, GA (4.0 miles ), Forsyth, GA (4.1 miles ).
Latitude: 33.19 N, Longitude: 83.71 W
Unemployment by year (%)
- Wood products (17%)
- Construction (16%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Repair and maintenance (8%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (8%)
- Textile mills and textile products (6%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (5%)
- Health care (14%)
- Finance and insurance (10%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Pharmacies and drug stores (8%)
- Transportation equipment (7%)
- Construction (6%)
- Textile mills and textile products (5%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (9%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (8%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (8%)
- Woodworkers (7%)
- Material moving workers except supervisors and laborers and material movers, hand (7%)
- Waiters and waitresses (5%)
- Other construction workers and helpers (5%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (14%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (10%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (9%)
- Registered nurses (8%)
- Customer service representatives (8%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (7%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
Average climate in Hillsboro, Georgia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hillsboro-area historical tornado activity is near Georgia state average. It is 20% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/22/1992, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 15.2 miles away from the Hillsboro place center killed 5 people and injured 86 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 12/25/1964, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 20.2 miles away from the place center killed 2 people and injured 16 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Hillsboro-area historical earthquake activity is near Georgia state average. It is 83% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 84.9 miles away from the city center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 142.3 miles away from Hillsboro center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML) earthquake occurred 181.0 miles away from the city center
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 205.3 miles away from the city center
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB) earthquake occurred 207.8 miles away from Hillsboro center
On 10/24/1997 at 08:35:17, a magnitude 4.9 (4.8 MB, 4.2 MS, 4.9 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 252.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Jasper County (8) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 5
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Winter Storms: 3, Floods: 2, Tornadoes: 2, Tropical Storms: 2, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Storm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Benjamin Harvey Hill - Politician.
Hospitals and medical centers near Hillsboro:
- MONTICELLO DIALYSIS CENTER (Dialysis Facility, about 8 miles away; MONTICELLO, GA)
- JASPER MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Critical Access Hospitals (about 9 miles away; MONTICELLO, GA)
- RETREAT, THE (Nursing Home, about 9 miles away; MONTICELLO, GA)
- LYNN HAVEN HEALTH AND REHABILITATION (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; GRAY, GA)
- GRAY HEALTH AND REHABILITATION (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; GRAY, GA)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Hillsboro:
- Mercer University (about 26 miles; Macon, GA; Full-time enrollment: 6,297)
- Middle Georgia State College (about 27 miles; Macon, GA; FT enrollment: 7,091)
- Gordon State College (about 28 miles; Barnesville, GA; FT enrollment: 3,336)
- Georgia College and State University (about 29 miles; Milledgeville, GA; FT enrollment: 6,271)
- Georgia Military College-Distance Learning Campuses (about 30 miles; Milledgeville, GA; FT enrollment: 6,438)
- Southern Crescent Technical College (about 34 miles; Griffin, GA; FT enrollment: 4,168)
- Central Georgia Technical College (about 45 miles; Warner Robins, GA; FT enrollment: 6,829)
Notable locations in Hillsboro: Deep Well Hunt Camp (A), Lungsford Hunt Camp (B), OIG Hunt Camp (C), Hillsboro Hunt Camp (D), Camp Six Hunt Camp (E), Horse Hunt Camp (F), Wise Creek Hunt Camp (G), Gladesville Hunt Camp (H), Ocmulgee Flats Hunt Camp (I), Jasper County Emergency Services Station 4 Hillsboro (J). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Hillsboro include: Freedonia Church (A), Mount Olive Church (B), New Hope Church (C), Rock Zion Church (D), Enon Church (E), Adgateville Baptist Church (F), Crossroad Church (G), Hay House Church (H), Hillsboro Baptist Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: John H Tilman Cemetery (1), Fullerton Cemetery (2), John H Tillman Cemetery (3), New Hope Cemetery (4), Greer Cemetery (5), Holloway Cemetery (6), Enon Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoirs: Piedmont Wildlife Lake (A), Dumas Lake (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Towns Branch (A), Goolsby Branch (B), Gladesville Creek (C), Freemans Branch (D), Newby Branch (E), Crow Branch (F), Wise Creek (G), White Creek (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.7 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Hillsboro CCD (based on Jasper County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Jasper County:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||1.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|Jasper County:||0.73 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||0.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Jasper County:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.41 / 10,000 pop.|
7.99% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($31,613 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Newton County, GA||2.08% ($29,673 average AGI)|
|from Rockdale County, GA||0.51% ($42,500)|
|from Henry County, GA||0.47% ($41,000)|
8.35% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,909 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Hillsboro:
- WMAC (940 AM; 50 kW; MACON, GA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WGST (640 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WSB (750 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WGUN (1010 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: WGUN, INC.)
- WCNN (680 AM; 50 kW; NORTH ATLANTA, GA; Owner: DICKEY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WXJO (1120 AM; daytime; 10 kW; GORDON, GA; Owner: ROBERTS COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WQXI (790 AM; 28 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: JEFFERSON-PILOT COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY OF GEORGIA)
- WAOK (1380 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMLB (1160 AM; 50 kW; EAST POINT, GA; Owner: ATLANTA AREA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WPBS (1050 AM; 12 kW; CONYERS, GA; Owner: MIDWAY HOLINESS CHURCH, INC,)
- WAZX (1550 AM; 50 kW; SMYRNA, GA; Owner: GA-MEX BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WFTD (1080 AM; daytime; 50 kW; MARIETTA, GA; Owner: PRIETO ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- WNNG (1350 AM; 15 kW; WARNER ROBINS, GA; Owner: CHASE BROADCASTING, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Hillsboro:
- WYNF (96.5 FM; GRAY, GA; Owner: CLEVELAND RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WQMJ (100.1 FM; FORSYTH, GA; Owner: ROBERTS COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WFSH-FM (104.7 FM; ATHENS, GA; Owner: SOUTH TEXAS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WJGA-FM (92.1 FM; JACKSON, GA; Owner: EARNHART BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WAYS (105.5 FM; MACON, GA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WDEN-FM (99.1 FM; MACON, GA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WPMA (102.7 FM; BUCKHEAD, GA; Owner: BARINOWSKI INVESTMENT COMPANY, L.P.)
- WMVV (90.7 FM; GRIFFIN, GA; Owner: LIFE RADIO MINISTRIES, INC)
- WMGZ (97.7 FM; EATONTON, GA; Owner: MIDDLE GEORGIA COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WFXM (107.1 FM; GORDON, GA; Owner: ROBERTS COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WPEZ (93.7 FM; JEFFERSONVILLE, GA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WQBZ (106.3 FM; FORT VALLEY, GA; Owner: CLEVELAND RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WBKG (88.9 FM; MACON, GA; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
TV broadcast stations around Hillsboro:
- WDMA-LP (Channel 32; MACON, GA; Owner: WORD OF GOD FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- WPGA-TV (Channel 58; PERRY, GA; Owner: RADIO PERRY, INC.)
- WMGT-TV (Channel 41; MACON, GA; Owner: MORRIS NETWORK, INC.)
- WMAZ-TV (Channel 13; MACON, GA; Owner: GANNETT GEORGIA, L.P.)
- WGXA (Channel 24; MACON, GA; Owner: PIEDMONT TELEVISION OF MACON LICENSE LLC)
- WUVG (Channel 34; ATHENS, GA; Owner: UNIVISION ATLANTA LLC)
- WGNM (Channel 64; MACON, GA; Owner: GOOD NEWS TELEVISION)
- W52CL (Channel 52; MACON, GA; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
Hillsboro fatal accident list:
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 1Number of bridges
- 4m13ftTotal length
- $1,074,000Total costs
- 34,880Total average daily traffic
- 348Total average daily truck traffic
- 52,320Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:34 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers in Hillsboro)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:7
- Call Sign: WF4W, Previous Call Sign: WA4CUG, Licensee ID: L01142995, Grant Date: 05/29/2009, Expiration Date: 08/02/2019, Cancellation Date: 05/15/2014, Registrant: Ronald L Williamson Jr, 370 Firetower Road, Hillsboro, GA 31038
- Call Sign: KJ4KNA, Licensee ID: L01475937, Grant Date: 03/19/2009, Expiration Date: 03/19/2019, Cancellation Date: 07/14/2009, Certifier: John R Sharpe, Registrant: John R Sharpe, 1202 Old Agateville Rd, Hillsboro, GA 31038
- Call Sign: K4YTX, Previous Call Sign: KJ4KNA, Licensee ID: L01475937, Grant Date: 07/14/2009, Expiration Date: 07/14/2019, Certifier: John R Sharpe, Registrant: John R Sharpe, 1202 Old Agateville Rd, Hillsboro, GA 31038
- Call Sign: KK4FVI, Licensee ID: L01678976, Grant Date: 12/20/2011, Expiration Date: 12/20/2021, Certifier: Leanne M Hill, Registrant: Leanne M Hill, 4517 Hwy 11 South, Hillsboro, GA 31038
- Call Sign: KK4LJB, Licensee ID: L01731928, Grant Date: 08/31/2012, Expiration Date: 08/31/2022, Certifier: Teresa R White, Registrant: Teresa R White, 2131 Monticello Highway, Hillsboro, GA 31038
- Call Sign: KK4VDA, Licensee ID: L01823751, Grant Date: 11/12/2013, Expiration Date: 11/12/2023, Certifier: Francois Reyneke, Registrant: Francois Reyneke, 370 Firetower Rd, Hillsboro, GA 31038
- Call Sign: KV4SL, Licensee ID: L01823755, Grant Date: 11/12/2013, Expiration Date: 11/12/2023, Certifier: Fritz Sutherland, Registrant: Fritz Sutherland, 370 Firetower Rd, Hillsboro, GA 31038
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (45%)
- Electricity (31%)
- Utility gas (22%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (3%)
Hillsboro compared to Georgia state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.