|Median resident age:||38.3 years|
|Utah median age:||27.1 years|
Zip code: 84716
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $20,323 (it was $12,500 in 2000)
- White alone - 105 (82.7%)
- Hispanic - 11 (8.7%)
- American Indian alone - 6 (4.7%)
- Two or more races - 5 (3.9%)
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Land area: 1624.8 square miles.
Population density: 0.07 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Hite:
- High school or higher: 83.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 0.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 3.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Hite CCD:
- Never married: 28.8%
- Now married: 37.0%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 23.3%
- Divorced: 11.0%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Hite CCD:||0.0% ($0)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Provo, UT (169.2 miles , pop. 105,166).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Las Vegas, NV (275.1 miles , pop. 478,434).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (312.3 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: Hanksville, UT (5.5 miles ), Halls Crossing, UT (5.6 miles) , Boulder, UT (6.2 miles) , Torrey, UT (6.8 miles) , Teasdale, UT (7.0 miles) , Escalante, UT (7.0 miles ), Bicknell, UT (7.3 miles ), Lyman, UT (7.6 miles ).
Latitude: 37.91 N, Longitude: 110.72 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 435
Unemployment by year (%)
Average climate in Hite, Utah
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Hite-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Utah state average. It is 405% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 404.9 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/1992 at 11:57:34, a magnitude 7.6 (6.2 MB, 7.6 MS, 7.3 MW, Depth: 0.7 mi) earthquake occurred 414.4 miles away from Hite center, causing 3 deaths (1 shaking deaths, 2 other deaths) and 400 injuries, causing $100,000,000 total damage and $40,000,000 insured losses
On 10/16/1999 at 09:46:44, a magnitude 7.4 (6.3 MB, 7.4 MS, 7.2 MW, 7.3 ML) earthquake occurred 395.7 miles away from the city center
On 12/21/1932 at 06:10:09, a magnitude 7.2 (7.2 UK) earthquake occurred 402.1 miles away from the city center
On 7/21/1952 at 11:52:14, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK) earthquake occurred 502.2 miles away from Hite center, causing $50,000,000 total damage
On 9/2/1992 at 10:26:20, a magnitude 5.9 (5.7 MB, 5.6 MS, 5.6 MW, 5.9 ML, Depth: 9.3 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 162.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Garfield County (5) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 2
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Droughts: 2, Floods: 2, Hurricane: 1, Landslide: 1, Storm: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Hite:
- Snow College (about 111 miles; Ephraim, UT; Full-time enrollment: 3,224)
- Southern Utah University (about 130 miles; Cedar City, UT; FT enrollment: 6,522)
- Colorado Mesa University (about 144 miles; Grand Junction, CO; FT enrollment: 7,671)
- San Juan College (about 162 miles; Farmington, NM; FT enrollment: 5,112)
- Fort Lewis College (about 163 miles; Durango, CO; FT enrollment: 3,631)
- Dixie State University (about 166 miles; Saint George, UT; FT enrollment: 6,485)
- Brigham Young University-Provo (about 170 miles; Provo, UT; FT enrollment: 33,525)
Notable locations in Hite: Bullfrog Creek Overlook (A), Cedar Mesa Campground (B), Desert Overlook (C), Eagle City (D), Flint Trail Overlook (E), Hog Springs Campground (F), Hog Springs Picnic Area (G), Lake Powell Overlook (H), Little Egypt Geologic Site (I), Little Rockies National Natural Landmark (J), Lonesome Beaver Campground (K), King Ranch (L), McMillan Springs Campground (M), Star Springs Campground (N), Kolb Inscription-1911 (O), Eddy Inscription-1927 (P), Best Inscription-1891 (Q), Sandy Ranch (R), Hog Spring Picnic Area (S), The Post (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Hite: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Reservoirs: Lost Spring Reservoir (A), Ticaboo Reservoir (B), Bastian Reservoir (C), Cass Creek Reservoir (D), Coyote Reservoir (E), Ticaboo Reservoir (F), Moki Tank (G), Maidenwater Reservoir (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: South Creek (A), Speck Creek (B), Pistol Creek (C), Maidenwater (D), Star Creek (E), Straight Creek (F), Hansen Creek (G), Swett Creek (H), Gold Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Hite include: Painted Hill RV Park (1), Capitol Reef National Park (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.1 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Hite compared to Utah state average:
- Median household income significantly below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (78%)
- Electricity (22%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Hite CCD (based on Garfield County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 78.27%
Food Environment Statistics:
|Garfield County:||2.21 / 10,000 pop.|
|Utah:||1.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|Garfield County:||2.21 / 10,000 pop.|
|Utah:||0.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|Garfield County:||17.67 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.82 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||15.46 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.09 / 10,000 pop.|
6.41% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($35,972 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Washington County, UT||1.03% ($28,647 average AGI)|
7.80% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($28,481 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Hite:
- KTNN (660 AM; 50 kW; WINDOW ROCK, AZ; Owner: THE NAVAJO NATION)
- KNZZ (1100 AM; 50 kW; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: M B C GRAND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KALL (700 AM; 50 kW; NORTH SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KHAC (880 AM; 43 kW; TSE BONITO, NM; Owner: WESTERN INDIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- KMTI (650 AM; 10 kW; MANTI, UT; Owner: SANPETE COUNTY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KIQN (1010 AM; 50 kW; TOOELE, UT)
- KOAL (750 AM; 10 kW; PRICE, UT; Owner: EASTERN UTAH BROADCASTING CO.)
- KSL (1160 AM; 50 kW; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- KDWN (720 AM; 50 kW; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: RADIO NEVADA CORP.)
- KXNT (840 AM; 50 kW; NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KMIA (710 AM; 50 kW; BLACK CANYON CITY, AZ; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KJOL (620 AM; 10 kW; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: UNITED MINISTRIES)
- KSLL (1080 AM; daytime; 10 kW; PRICE, UT; Owner: AGAINST THE WIND BROADCASTING, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Hite:
- K248AJ (97.5 FM; MONTICELLO, UT; Owner: PROCLAIMING CHRIST'S LOVE MINISTRIES)
- K282AC (104.3 FM; RURAL GARFIELD COUNT, UT; Owner: GARFIELD COUNTY)
- K257DL (99.3 FM; TICABOO, UT; Owner: GARFIELD COUNTY)
- K201CF (88.1 FM; TICABOO, UT; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF UTAH)
TV broadcast stations around Hite:
- K02ON (Channel 2; TICABOO, UT; Owner: GARFIELD COUNTY)
- K05JS (Channel 5; TICABOO, UT; Owner: GARFIELD COUNTY)
- K07VE (Channel 7; TICABOO, UT; Owner: GARFIELD COUNTY)
- K04OJ (Channel 4; TICABOO, UT; Owner: GARFIELD COUNTY)
FCC Registered Paging Towers:1
- Along The Coloradoriver, Approx. 5 Miles North Of (Lat: 37.871639 Lon: -110.394861), Call Sign: WDZ406
Assigned Frequencies: 157.890 MHz, 157.890 MHz
Expiration Date: 11/01/1998, Cancellation Date: 10/26/1999
Registrant: Citizens Utilities Company, 8800 N. Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75231, Phone: (214) 365-3317
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers:1
- Hwy 95 (Lat: 37.893056 Lon: -110.367361), Type: Building, Overall height: 4 m, Call Sign: WHX518, Licensee ID: L00007003
Assigned Frequencies: 156.425 MHz, 156.450 MHz, 156.500 MHz, 156.800 MHz
Grant Date: 05/25/2005, Expiration Date: 06/22/2015
Registrant: Aramark Hite Marina, Hite Marina, Page, AZ 86040, Phone: (928) 645-6000, Fax: (928) 645-6186, Email: