Holden: Looking west from Salisbury Street bridge
Holden: Field of Flags at Holden's First Baptist Church
Holden: holden houses
Holden: reservor lake
Submit your own pictures of this town and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||42.2 years|
|Massachusetts median age:||39.2 years|
Zip codes: 01520.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $37,413 (it was $27,971 in 2000)
Holden town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $281,601 (it was $161,400 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $274,525; Detached houses: $289,213; Townhouses or other attached units: $241,192; In 2-unit structures: $198,132; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $187,930; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $140,188; Mobile homes: $76,552
Races in Holden, MA (2010)
- 16,08692.7%White alone
- 5133.0%Asian alone
- 1761.0%Two or more races
- 1630.9%Black alone
- 240.1%Other race alone
- 90.05%American Indian alone
- 20.01%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- More borrowers make early loan repayments in spring Feb 12
- How Does the Presence of a Major Employer Affect Crime Rates? Feb 10
- Prosper default rate decreased in 2014 Feb 8
- How important is peer-to-peer loan diversification? Feb 6
- Where Do the Young and Old People Live, and How Has That Changed Over the Years? Feb 4
|Work in Holden/Worcester - Where is a single early 30's professional to live? (55 replies)|
|Holden, MA Pros & Cons (0 replies)|
|Moving to Holden MA from city life?? (7 replies)|
|Holden or Sterling? (14 replies)|
|Living in Worcester? (70 replies)|
|Most Violent Cities and Towns in MA According to the FBI (54 replies)|
Latest news from Holden, MA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Irish (29.4%), English (18.1%), French (13.0%), Italian (12.3%), Swedish (8.4%), German (7.7%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated in 1741
Elevation: 860 feet
Land area: 35.0 square miles.
Population density: 496 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Holden:
- High school or higher: 94.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 45.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 18.6%
- Unemployed: 2.9%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 25.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Holden town:
- Never married: 20.1%
- Now married: 65.8%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 6.8%
- Divorced: 6.2%
614 residents are foreign born (2.1% Europe, 1.2% Asia).
According to our research of Massachusetts and other state lists there were 5 registered sex offenders living in Holden, Massachusetts as of February 13, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Holden to the number of sex offenders is 3,532 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is a lot smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Holden town:||1.6% ($2,594)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Worcester, MA (6.0 miles , pop. 172,648).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (39.0 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (147.4 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: West Boylston, MA (1.8 miles ), Paxton, MA (2.1 miles ), Rutland, MA (2.3 miles ), Worcester, MA (2.4 miles ), Boylston, MA (2.5 miles ), Sterling, MA (2.7 miles ), Princeton, MA (2.7 miles ), Shrewsbury, MA (2.8 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 57 buildings, average cost: $122,100
- 1998: 68 buildings, average cost: $130,600
- 1999: 69 buildings, average cost: $150,500
- 2000: 84 buildings, average cost: $155,800
- 2001: 54 buildings, average cost: $154,600
- 2002: 120 buildings, average cost: $168,400
- 2003: 33 buildings, average cost: $174,200
- 2004: 33 buildings, average cost: $207,000
- 2005: 67 buildings, average cost: $206,000
- 2006: 48 buildings, average cost: $184,600
- 2007: 49 buildings, average cost: $178,500
- 2008: 31 buildings, average cost: $177,100
- 2009: 27 buildings, average cost: $184,100
- 2010: 53 buildings, average cost: $180,900
- 2011: 45 buildings, average cost: $186,300
- 2012: 48 buildings, average cost: $180,200
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 42.35 N, Longitude: 71.85 W
Area codes: 508, 774
|Crime rates in Holden by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 294.7)||N/A||74.4||55.7||61.3||62.6||57.7||40.7||40.3||45.8||46.3||43.6||48.2||40.6|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Holden detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.13|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
- Educational services (9%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (8%)
- Construction (7%)
- Computer and electronic products (7%)
- Health care (7%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Educational services (21%)
- Health care (19%)
- Finance and insurance (10%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- Accommodation and food services (4%)
- Social assistance (4%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (7%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Engineers (5%)
- Computer specialists (4%)
- Top executives (4%)
- Sales representatives, services, wholesale and manufacturing (4%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (9%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (7%)
- Registered nurses (6%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (4%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (3%)
Average climate in Holden, Massachusetts
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Holden-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Massachusetts state average. It is 18% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1953, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 17.2 miles away from the Holden town center killed 90 people and injured 1228 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 6/9/1953, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 13.0 miles away from the town center injured 17 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Holden-area historical earthquake activity is near Massachusetts state average. It is 89% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 167.7 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi) earthquake occurred 175.2 miles away from Holden center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 80.7 miles away from the city center
On 8/22/1992 at 12:20:32, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 3.8 MS, 4.7 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 238.2 miles away from the city center
On 10/2/1994 at 11:27:22, a magnitude 3.7 (3.5 LG, 3.7 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 21.8 miles away from Holden center
On 6/17/1991 at 08:53:16, a magnitude 4.1 (4.0 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 145.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Worcester County (20) is a lot greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 9
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 7, Storms: 5, Hurricanes: 4, Blizzards: 2, Snows: 2, Snowstorms: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Fire: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Snowfall: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Bob Ritter - Football player and coach, Samuel C. Damon - Congregationalist cleric, Bruce Taylor (baseball) - Baseball player, Ron Hallstrom - Football player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Holden:
Airports located in Holden:
- Marshall's Airport (Runways: 1)
Amtrak station near Holden:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Holden:
- Quinsigamond Community College (about 4 miles; Worcester, MA; Full-time enrollment: 5,877)
- Assumption College (about 4 miles; Worcester, MA; FT enrollment: 2,580)
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute (about 6 miles; Worcester, MA; FT enrollment: 3,930)
- Worcester State University (about 6 miles; Worcester, MA; FT enrollment: 5,426)
- Clark University (about 7 miles; Worcester, MA; FT enrollment: 3,687)
- College of the Holy Cross (about 8 miles; Worcester, MA; FT enrollment: 3,125)
- Fitchburg State University (about 17 miles; Fitchburg, MA; FT enrollment: 5,010)
Public high school in Holden:
- Wachusett Regional High School (Students: 1905; Location: 1401 MAIN STREET; Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Holden:
- Mountview Middle School (Students: 736; Location: 270 SHREWSBURY STREET; Grades: 6-8)
- Dawson School (Students: 526; Location: 155 SALISBURY STREET; Grades: PK-5)
- Davis Hill Elementary School (Students: 524; Location: 78 JAMIESON ROAD; Grades: K-5)
- Leroy E.Mayo School (Students: 492; Location: 351 BULLARD STREET; Grades: K-5)
Private elementary/middle school in Holden:
Notable locations in Holden: Holden Hills Country Club (A), Camp Kinneywood (B), Fairbrook Country Club (C), Holden Fire Department Station 2 (D), Holden Fire Department Station 1 Headquarters (E), Wachusett Regional High School Media Center (F), Holden Town Hall (G), Gale Free Library (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Center: Holden Shopping Center (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Holden include: Emmanuel Church (A), Immanuel Church (B), Wachusett Valley Baptist Church (C), Saint Marys Church (D), First Congregational Church (E), First Baptist Church (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Grove Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Poutwater Pond (A), Chaffin Pond (B), Bryant Pond (C), Maple Spring Pond (D), Kendall Reservoir (E), Eagle Lake (F), Quinapoxet Reservoir (G), Holden Reservoir Number One (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Muschopauge Brook (A), Scott Brook (B), Chaffins Brook (C), Silver Spring Brook (D), Tatnuck Brook (E), Wadsworth Brook (F), Worcester Brook (G), Asnebumskit Brook (H), Ball Brook (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Holden: Holden Center Historic District (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attraction: Holden Historical Society Inc (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 1157 Main Street) (1). Display/hide its approximate location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 78.3. This is about average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2012 was 0.507. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 6.2 miles away from the city center.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 12.8. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 6.2 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 3.21. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 6.3 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 30.0. This is about average. Closest monitor was 5.3 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 17.8. This is about average. Closest monitor was 6.5 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 8.80. This is about average. Closest monitor was 6.5 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Holden and their reported violations in the past:HOLDEN WATER DIVISION, DPW (Population served: 15,168, Purch surface water):
Past monitoring violations:
- One regular monitoring violation
|This town:||2.7 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
11 people in group homes intended for adults in 2010
137 people in nursing homes in 2000
9 people in homes for the mentally retarded in 2000
Holden compared to Massachusetts state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Banks with branches in Holden (2011 data):
- Sovereign Bank, National Association: Holden Branch at 164 Reservoir Street, branch established on 1934/01/01. Info updated 2012/01/31: Bank assets: $78,146.9 mil, Deposits: $48,042.9 mil, headquarters in Wilmington, DE, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 718 total offices, Holding Company: Banco Santander, S.A.
- Commerce Bank & Trust Company: Holden Branch at 1059 Main Street, branch established on 1996/10/01. Info updated 2006/10/06: Bank assets: $1,410.8 mil, Deposits: $1,187.6 mil, headquarters in Worcester, MA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 14 total offices, Holding Company: Commerce Bancshares Corp.
- Bank of America, National Association: Holden Branch at 560 Main Street, branch established on 1967/09/11. Info updated 2009/11/18: Bank assets: $1,451,969.3 mil, Deposits: $1,077,176.8 mil, headquarters in Charlotte, NC, positive income, 5782 total offices, Holding Company: Bank Of America Corporation
- Bay State Savings Bank: Holden Branch at 628 Main Street, branch established on 1997/01/21. Info updated 2011/08/17: Bank assets: $268.4 mil, Deposits: $214.3 mil, headquarters in Worcester, MA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 8 total offices, Holding Company: 1895 Mhc
- Southbridge Savings Bank: Holden Branch at 1073 Main Street, branch established on 2003/06/04. Info updated 2008/10/14: Bank assets: $419.3 mil, Deposits: $329.4 mil, headquarters in Southbridge, MA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 9 total offices, Holding Company: Green Valley Bancorp, Mhc
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (82%)
- Electricity (8%)
- Utility gas (7%)
- Wood (1%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Holden town (based on Worcester County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Worcester County:||1.73 / 10,000 pop.|
|Massachusetts:||1.98 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.05 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.05 / 10,000 pop.|
|Worcester County:||1.79 / 10,000 pop.|
|Massachusetts:||2.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|Worcester County:||2.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.77 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.76 / 10,000 pop.|
3.66% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($51,386 average adjusted gross income)
0.04% of residents moved from foreign countries ($555 average AGI)
Worcester County: 0.04% Massachusetts average: 0.06%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Middlesex County, MA||0.97% ($60,516 average AGI)|
|from Norfolk County, MA||0.24% ($51,162)|
|from Suffolk County, MA||0.16% ($52,384)|
4.08% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($50,030 average adjusted gross income)
0.08% of residents moved to foreign countries ($764 average AGI)
Worcester County: 0.08% Massachusetts average: 0.11%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Holden:
- WTAG (580 AM; 5 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WVEI (1440 AM; 5 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WVNE (760 AM; daytime; 25 kW; LEICESTER, MA; Owner: BLOUNT MASSCOM, INC.)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WAMG (890 AM; 25 kW; DEDHAM, MA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF DEDHAM LICENSEE, LLC)
- WORC (1310 AM; 5 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CHOWDER BROADCAST GROUP LLC)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WWZN (1510 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Holden:
- WAAF (107.3 FM; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WSRS (96.1 FM; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WXLO (104.5 FM; FITCHBURG, MA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WICN (90.5 FM; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: WICN PUBLIC RADIO, INC)
- WBPR (91.9 FM; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS)
- WCUW (91.3 FM; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: WUW, INC.)
- WFEX (92.1 FM; PETERBOROUGH, NH; Owner: FNX BROADCASTING OF NEW HAMPSHIRE LLC)
- WBMX (98.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WJMN (94.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WCRB (102.5 FM; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: CHARLES RIVER BROADCASTING WCRB LICE)
- WTKK (96.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WROR-FM (105.7 FM; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WBOS (92.9 FM; BROOKLINE, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WFCR (88.5 FM; AMHERST, MA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS)
- WGBH (89.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WYCM (90.1 FM; CHARLTON, MA; Owner: BAY PATH VOCATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL)
- WBUR-FM (90.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: TRUSTEES OF BOSTON UNIVERSITY)
- WXKS-FM (107.9 FM; MEDFORD, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WODS (103.3 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMJX (106.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Holden:
- WUNI (Channel 27; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- WUTF (Channel 66; MARLBOROUGH, MA; Owner: TELEFUTURA BOSTON LLC)
- WCRN-LP (Channel 34; LEICESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WYDN (Channel 48; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL PUBLIC TV CORPORATION)
- WCVB-TV (Channel 5; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WCVB HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC.)
- WGBH-TV (Channel 2; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WHDH-TV (Channel 7; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WHDH-TV)
- WMFP (Channel 62; LAWRENCE, MA; Owner: WSAH LICENSE, INC.)
- WBZ-TV (Channel 4; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WGBX-TV (Channel 44; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WSBK-TV (Channel 38; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WLVI-TV (Channel 56; CAMBRIDGE, MA; Owner: WLVI, INC.)
- WFXT (Channel 25; BOSTON, MA; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS INC.)
- W40BO (Channel 40; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
- WBPX (Channel 68; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.)
- WPXQ (Channel 69; BLOCK ISLAND, RI; Owner: OCEAN STATE TELEVISION, L.L.C.)
- WNAC-TV (Channel 64; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: WNAC, LLC)
- WTMU-LP (Channel 32; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ZGS BOSTON, INC.)
- WCEA-LP (Channel 58; BOSTON, MA; Owner: CHANNEL 19 TV CORPORATION)
Fatal accident count (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 19Number of bridges
- 92m302ftTotal length
- $36,300,000Total costs
- 152,030Total average daily traffic
- 18,027Total average daily truck traffic
- 240,101Total future (year 2031) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:15 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers in Holden)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:1
- Shrewsbury St. (Lat: 42.334806 Lon: -71.816472), Type: Tower, Structure height: 43 m, Call Sign: WPLA737
Assigned Frequencies: 857.587 MHz, 858.012 MHz, 858.587 MHz, 859.012 MHz, 859.587 MHz, 860.012 MHz, 860.587 MHz, 862.012 MHz, 862.037 MHz, 862.062 MHz... (+157 more)
Grant Date: 02/28/2012, Expiration Date: 02/06/2022
Registrant: Sprint Nextel Corporation, 12502 Sunrise Valley Drive, Reston, VA 20191, Phone: (703) 433-4000, Fax: (703) 433-4483
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:5
- Fire Station 1384 Main St (Lat: 42.353972 Lon: -71.871472), Call Sign: KCD421
Assigned Frequencies: 45.3400 MHz, 45.3800 MHz, 45.5400 MHz
Grant Date: 02/21/2013, Expiration Date: 04/28/2023
Registrant: Holden Police Dept, 1370 Main Street, Holden, MA 01520, Phone: (508) 829-4444, Fax: (508) 829-9175
- Holden Barracks Main St (Lat: 42.338139 Lon: -71.836194), Call Sign: KCG579
Assigned Frequencies: 158.970 MHz
Grant Date: 12/01/2005, Expiration Date: 02/25/2016
Registrant: Airwaves Licensing Assistance Inc, 4285 Fairfield Road, Fairfield, PA 17320, Phone: (717) 642-9512, Fax: (717) 642-9516, Email:
- Arl 30 Shrewsbury St (Lat: 42.337028 Lon: -71.833417), Structure height: 9 m, Call Sign: WPFC955, Licensee ID: L00034661
Assigned Frequencies: 462.750 MHz
Grant Date: 06/30/2004, Expiration Date: 06/22/2014
Registrant: Alden Research Laboratory Inc, 30 Shrewsbury St, Holden, MA 01520-1843, Phone: (508) 829-4323
- MOBILE, Lat: 42.353972 Lon: -71.871472, Call Sign: WQEM312
Assigned Frequencies: 155.910 MHz
Grant Date: 03/03/2006, Expiration Date: 03/03/2016, Certifier: Ge0rge R Sherril
Registrant: Cara Enterprises, Inc, Salt Lake City, UT 84117-0503, Phone: (801) 278-9728, Fax: (801) 278-7239, Email:
- 68 S. Main Street (Lat: 42.339167 Lon: -71.837778), Call Sign: WQOB252
Assigned Frequencies: 30.8400 MHz, 154.540 MHz, 33.4000 MHz, 33.1600 MHz, 31.2400 MHz, 468.487 MHz, 469.637 MHz, 457.512 MHz, 457.562 MHz, 464.012 MHz... (+15 more)
Grant Date: 07/30/2011, Expiration Date: 07/30/2021, Certifier: Laura Nicholson
Registrant: Dolfen Consulting Group, 95 Willow Lane, Bristol, IL 60512-9711, Phone: (630) 553-5886, Fax: (530) 566-1755, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:60 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Holden)
FAA Registered Aircraft:17 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Holden)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 47
- Hazardous Condition: 66
- Service Call: 5
- Good Intent Call: 1
Incident types - Holden
|Businesses in Holden, MA|
|Jones New York||1||Walgreens||1|
Holden on our top lists:
- #79 on the list of "Top 100 safest cities (lowest city-data.com crime index) (pop. 5,000+)"
- #62 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents that drank alcohol in the past 30 days"
- #64 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents that had a sunburn in the past 12 months"
- #65 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents that visited a dentist within the past year"
- #68 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents that smoked 100+ cigarettes in their lives"
- #88 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest Nitrogen Dioxide air pollution readings in 2005 (ppm)"
Total of 359 patent applications in 2008-2016.